Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Options

Comments

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2013
    Options

thanks Cami......ahh a screwdver.....the SCREW can be for medicare!!

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited December 2013
    Options

Di, In your pocket. Hope it all works out for you.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,893
    edited December 2013
    Options

Di, in your pocket. Hope you're able to get everything done.

Spent this evening in Urgent Care getting DH sewn up after he fell in the yard. He hit 2 rough flower pots and ended up with 9 stitches on one side and 3 on the other. No concussion and he'll be fine, but he is lucky.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited December 2013
    Options

Wren,

Glad to hear your DH is okay.

J

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2013
    Options

Juliaanna and Wren...thank you! thank you luvmygoats!

Juliaanna hope your husband is happier now that he is home

Wren....hope your hubby is resting....did he hit his head?

My husband has been removed from the bedroom for almost a week, since has some kind of "bug"(cough, cold) and I am protecting myself from his germ by staying in the bedroom with the door closed,drinking tons of water and black tea, vit C & zinc...washing hands/surfaces.....if I got it, surgery would be off.....but all is well health wise for me (we both had our senior dose flu shots this fall)

Di

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited December 2013
    Options

Diiio pocket. On kindle limited typing

Wren sorry about hubby

Julia hope out of Dr,and home

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Well it's been a no sleep night. Had coffee about 7pm. I know better. OH well..screws up a perfectly good Monday.

Shells, hope you're hubby doing better too.

I caught up on reading then forgot allot of it. If I don't sleep away the day I'll call Foley when I can. She's 3 hours behind me in time. So practically, I should wait till about noon EST to try her.

Di the kindle kept changing your name that's why it's spelled so funny. Have a great sx experience today.

Chevy, glad you are taking up the animal protection advocate with tweedle dee & tweedle dum. Why did they buy those chickens?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013
    Options

Morning gals! So glad to hear from you TOO Sass!

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb had talked about Chickens, because I think they are just "country folk" and another neighbor had some... And because I think they liked eggs, and because I really don't know why!

My Husband TOLD them "Well, they still say eggs in the store, don't they?"

But Tweedle Dee bought 6 cute baby chicks... Kept them in a box in the garage, until they outGREW it... I mean they were just NEXT to each other! Then Tweedle Dumb built a coop.... rather nice coop at that.

So this was almost a year ago.... Now that it is Winter, the "girls" are only laying maybe 1 or 2 eggs a day... I think it was littlegoats that said it might be because of shorter days & light? And maybe the cooler temps also? It's supposed to get down to 0 this week-end.

And we notice they still really ARE selling eggs in stores. image

I sent "Dee" an email yesterday, informing her of the change coming up, and said they could have this old tarp of ours, but she hasn't emailed back.

Di, I had the option of getting the "super shot" myself, but didn't know what it was! So I just said the regular flu shot... THEN I read it was mainly FOR Seniors... Ha! Shut up Cammi...

Wren! Dang! I'm soooooo sorry! Man, that must have hurt! Poor kid! Glad there was NOT a concussion! I remember when my Daughter was in grade-school, she thought it would be cool to have a cast on a broken arm, or somewhere, AND to wear glasses! And braces!

Well, no casts or stitches, but found out her little eyes were really bad. So she got her glasses... image in grade-school. She has had Lasik surgery now, and then the type where one eye sees up close, and the other sees distances, so at 52, she is doing good!

Neither my DH or I ever had to wear glasses... they said this just happens sometimes... She said she was a dud....image Ha!

Cammi is drinking? Oooooh I love screw-drivers! I have mine with a shot of Amaretto added to it! Then it is called a Bocce' Ball... they said.

When we go gambling, I like a refreshing beverage.... or two. THEN I have a Coffee & Bailey's before we go home.

Isn't that awful about that Actor Paul Walker? It's just so tragic! Those two out fooling around, and then SPEEDING, showing off, and they both wind up dead! I mean how stupid is that? And their families are left to wonder WHY it all happened! Our lives are so special, and fragile! And they didn't take CARE of that!

And sorry Di about all the mix-up mess! Hope they can get it/you straightened out...

Gotta go jump in the shower... Physical this morning... And we can't eat until it's over... bummer.... Later Gators'.....xoxoxo

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited December 2013
    Options

OMG...lets just get rid of 2013 and hope for a better 2014...too much pain and suffering for us and our families this year......I want good news all the time!  The end!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013
    Options

chick...isn't it funny how at the close of the year things happen and we always reflect back and say......can't wait for-------------to end and maybe--------------will be better..........think I have said that every year since my year to year life was thought about........hell, I was young, healthy, meeting each day head on...who thought about good year, bad year.....................can't remember at what point in my life that began, but once it did, every year was one of those........"well maybe next year.....years

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013
    Options

Good Morning, I'm sorry I can't believe all the DH's who have been hurt or sick this past monthe--what is going on. I hope all the Luck is passed quickly and everyone will be back to normal very soon. This has really been a bad month--Let's hope Dec. is better for sure.

Di u must be getting or started surgery by now so let us know ASAP, Chevy is being a brat again--she thinks she owns the pocket. I'll sit on her she can't move at all then.

I thought I had a Drs. app't today noooo it tomorrow and I want t see my friends instead so I'll cancel it, Geeze I just saw one last week-enough is enough.

OK this is the very beginning of December let's go for a good month to end the year--Holy chit this year flew by, don't they all> really/ Oh oh guess what one of my gifts for Joey will be, this is how lazy I am--a 2 way radio-for his room to mine--we can't hear each other calling we're at opposite ends of the house sooo and beside he doesn't have a phone and I don't like that these days, so it has a 16 mile radius. I know everyone carries a phone but when u'r nine u don't around here and it's small so he can keep it in his pocket. I worry about him to much. But I can't help it. So I'll make it look like a fun thing., then the let's dance thingy he loves to dance and sing. See I do plan for him.

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013
    Options

Little Cammi! I LOVE 2-way radio's! Weren't they called Walkie-talkies? They were better than phones! I would walk a couple blocks away, and still talk to DH at home! We were "modern!" Ha, ha!

Joey is 9? How fun! I had more fun with "my boys" when they were about that age! I took them everywhere... mostly to little Diners, and picnics, and the Zoo and things! You and him are little guardian angels to each other... that is so special... Happy

By the way.... It is ME that has the appointment today.... Not you! You have to stay home and feed the Chickens.... Sheesh!

You have one friend? Who knew? And I love you.....

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited December 2013
    Options

JUst checking in hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving tried posting from my phone and it didn't work!!!

out of the hospital after been in a week....of course there was fluid in there...have an appt with the lung dr today and the MO on Thursday....changing chemos if that is what I decide to do frustrated.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Blondie good to hear from you now keep us posted they have to find the reason, this is awful for you.

Chevy I got mine mixed up with yours, my app't is tomorrow which I'm going to cancel anyway, but how did I do that hahaha I can easily say Oh I got it confused with my GF in CO--makes sense.

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013
    Options

Sandy.....good to hear from you again.....

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited December 2013
    Options

Di - I've been in your pocket - hope you felt me there. You'll be out of surgery by now, I would imagine. I'm sure it went swimmingly. Don't load up too much on the painkillers so you can watch the SeaHawks tonight.... :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Talked with Foley, she's continuing to have severely rough time with the dizziness, nausea, and pain. She sees her pain doc today for another alteration in management.

Hey Blondie, Was the food at the hospital as good as you hoped for? Same with the care?

• Brightside
    Brightside Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Options

yep, I've also felt this way. People think that you are doing this because u opt for "new boobs", no, wrong! I just want to live longer! STFU. I too, am angered. Almost 5 years, yea! But having some complications from reconstruction. I am upbeat most of the time and I am positive most of the time, but this sucks right now, and I want it to be gone.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi Pinkitup--yes u have along resume. But u'r so right for whatever reason some have it hanging on longer and complications and like u said I bet people think it's all vanity--chit it just trying to live a decent life--Well I had no recon and cancer wise I've got it at bay--but so much other crap comes up with this, some people think I should be fine now---well I'm not and tired of all this too. So we understand what u mean.ThumbsUp

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013
    Options

Yes little Pinkytoes! Cammi is right! You can just say anything you want to us.... and we will understand.... !

Dang! You hardly have any parts left!! One of these days, they will get you all back together again! How are you feeling now? Just don't let it get you down.... come back here, and maybe we can get your mind off ot it awhile?

I had MY surgery 12/4/09 .... pretty close to when you started. You must be younger than I am... Oh wait.... almost EVERYone is younger than I am.... except Ducky... And she is the prettiest and sexiest one here... so don't mess with her...Ha!

Cammi loves Chickens.... or maybe she doesn't..... It's because I have to talk about them all the time, because I am the "chicken-sitter" of the neighborhood... and these other gals put up with me... Loopy ..... mostly.

Di and Blondie.... so good to hear from you guys....

Sass...glad you talked to Foley.... give her our love, okay?

Sass, I forget to tell you.... I put on those Gel-gloves, and wear them at night! My hands are better... I'll see if it STAYS that way for awhile.

I had my PC appointment.... everything good... she had a "rusty throat".... I told her "GO HOME AND DRINK HOT TEA WITH LEMON AND HONEY!!!" And she said "Okay Doc... See you next year!"....Smile I forgot to mention the Bourbon.... like my Grandma used to do!

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Oh Chevy how can a remedy be good without bourbon, u silly chicken you. I should say goose but under the circumstances--the word chicken is used. But I'm glad everything is AIK, I heard from one of my Drs. and I have to start taking yet another med, phuuey that makes 16 different 16 different meds a day at different times too--u think I can keep up with that I got screwed up at 10 maybe tht' why it'll be 16 SingingAll I know is I'm knocked out a lot. (Shut up Chevy)

Wow I was busy today--I'd come here between phone calls but I had quite a few today. And I had to be pleasant to everyone--that's hard for me anyway. Blah

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Chevy--yes, just the way some mom used to make it LOL. Initially did vinegar soaks twice a day. Doing the vinegar soaks daily 20-30 minutes, then soap and water, then sit and gently rubbing in bag balm in for 10-15 minutes. Removes excess after about 1/2 hour.

The vinegar made them look worse at first and slowly they're looking new again. Interesting process. The vinegar makes like bubbles that pop. Look rough for a couple a days then heal really well. Makes me think it was/is something more. Like maybe a litlle bugger. I had two areas damaged by the 2nd, and only 2nd, manicure in my life. Last year just about now. Never healed absolutely right, but didn't get any uglier. Then the two nails on those two fingers looked purple and acted like they were going to lift off. The vinegar really sucked out those areas. Can't remember what set off the multiple finger thing late spring thing. Wish I could. Ya know cause and affect. The vinegar reached up to a IV site that wasn't healed right. Opened it up, sucked it out too. Now healed.

The cortisone wasn't making any progress on the fingers and was thinning the skin on the palmar side.

The description of the areas affected was to the tee dishydrotic eczema, but fungus, bacteria mixed in.

I had 5 IV's from april till july. One poor technique, but they'd slipped in before I could stop'em, took forever to heal.  Three good technique, didn't heal right, still itch. Last good technique, only difference was a 24 guage needle.

BE back, Foley's on the line

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited December 2013
    Options

hello mylittle holliganelves  once again i have limited punctuashit but i am very happy to be sort of back in the saddle.  i am in texas until thursday.  should be back in nebraska on friday evening.  i hope everyones hubbies are getting better and you hollygans are ready for a lovely christmall season.  i have been resting and eating like a piggy. i gained weight because my friend cooks for me plus my body is sich an efficient fat making machine that i had a growth spurt.  i have missed you all but have been taking speeling lessns frm cammi.  thanks to the sassinator for the conversationpits.phyllisita

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Gave Foley messages of love and concern. Her pain doc is altering her plan carefully. It's tough cuz she has so many sensitivities. She reads when she can , but isn't up to posting. So, just write her notes, she'll see'em.

Pain sucks, Drugs suck worse.

Hey anyone with an idea --post it. She can't use Fentanyl b/c of skin reaction. Gaba's being altered. On Tramadol. Her doc is open to suggestions which is way better than a highway guy.  Already forget what she says she has tried.  It's my fentanyl ladeda...........

I'm on a no sleep binge, up since 6 am yesterday. Haven't had one of these in along time. Long time.

Went to an art festival, bought a painting that I DON't need la de da.........$$$$$$$$$$ out the door. Made the mistake of going back to look 3 x's, the guy came down twice, hit my price. It a painting of the famous stairway in Paris. Always wanted to go to Paris. I still have hope, but would have to take a boat.

WHERE IS OUR 444444444444444444444444444444??????????  I don't have her phone number

Hi holeinone

Hi pinkie welcome, I'm the nerd with the horned rimmed glasses LOL.

Talked with Phyillstillinhouston goes back to Nebraska at the end of the week. She's Reading , but can't post without difficulty. She has had just a wonderful visit with her BFF and DS. She's(philly) 1 /1000, but I'll let her tell the story. I love playing Sherlock Holmes.

Littlegoats hope Dh doing better too. DH's are a mess as someone said.

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Ah there you are Phillyrightabove me. Funny girl

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,401
    edited December 2013
    Options

Now lets see.....ought to be something decent in here, huh ????

Lilli

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Lilli you found the bag in my drawer---literally.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

OMG looks like mine too---Sas can Foley take codeine?

Oh Pylofinally, u pooped in and I'm glad I could teach u things--get back, get back getback to where u once belonged--remember JoJo was a man who thought he was a woman, (I tink that's how it once was.) Just get u butt home so we can talk again. We miss u then Chevy can pick on u for a while, hahaha me too.

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013
    Options

Cami.........pooped in......really.......pooped in......LMFO........

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited December 2013
    Options

AH Sassy I think my DH is OK, confused with someone else? Do hope Julianna's and Chickie's DH's are improving.

Phyllis - you fly back to Nebraska, right? Coming a blue norther on Thursday/Fri. Predicting ice storm again here. Am I confused - is it really Jan or Feb?

Gma - wish I had another pain med suggestion.