Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Options

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013
    Options

Picture of Phil Heath before he won the competition... I mean these guys don't even look real!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013
    Options

Actually they look disgusting....lol

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited December 2013
    Options

I had a SIL who got into bodybuilding for awhile.  I thought she looked gross.

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013
    Options

Not sure, but I heard those "he-men" have problems in another area which is not as powerful as their physique........ahhhhh, let's call it a lack of blood flow.......

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2013
    Options

Just lurking not posting much, but Ducky you hit the nail on the head...pun intended.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013
    Options

Foley, thx for the bear hug...

Sas... I will keep ya posted about the $ ...

U r so right Ducky, it's too much, a little muscle sexy, these guys look like a rubber stretchy toy..

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013
    Options

Oh I'm back yes with my (what left of ) front--I was with my GF's today nd we are much alike so just loads of confusion mostly. Bit good times.

Foley I don't know what to say except I'm sorry for all u'r going thru--it has to be awful--being dizzy is the worst (I think) but then again there is not much u can take for pain either--Geeze I take Tylenol 4 and that seems to relax the pain, but if I were dizzy too--I would be so miserable.

And Holinone u complain or say anything u want that's why we're here, how ever u feel.

Sas let us know about 4444 where is she--she was always on, I hope things are OK maybe just busy???

Chevy I'm glad u had some good music for u'r ironing, I always hated to iron, haven't owned one in a bazillion yrs. It's just distasteful to me.

Charles wow a celebrity among us now--How exciting for u'r family, unfortunately the reason stinks, but u'r kind of a star now and I can say "Oh I know who that is" And u'r feeling good, Wonderful

Who was on that awful vacation GG? OMG u wait to really have a good time and all that construction--u should get u'r money back.

Hi Ducky, u'r kind of quiet today--I hope u'r doing all right.

Our weather is crazy, kind of warm but rainy-fog, but the cold is coming in this weekend and might snow I think we'll have what Chevy's having now. I had to take 2 of my pain meds when I got home, I was so exhausted too, cn't party like I used to. so I'll close up for now. Hope everyone has a good nite's sleep

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013
    Options

ok Cami...thanks for checking....hugs

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited December 2013
    Options

misgoatgirl,yes im flying into coldcold.  my sis is bringing a coat to the airport so im not an ice cube.   hello to newbs and to old fart faces andto chuck.  love you allllll.  i know chev said something about mymonitor but ifergot it.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited December 2013
    Options

Greetings my friends.....has been a challenging past week. DH rebroke his arm while he was getting off of narcotic pain meds that he has been on for years. His pain mgt doc was afraid to keep prescribing the methadone while he was actively drinking. He is not able to do much so I have been bathing him, cooking all his meals, etc. He is in a lot of pain while waiting for his surgery and soldiering on, sober too. Of course, it helps that I have hidden his car at a friend's house and we are 2 miles from the nearest bus stop.

I had a really bad day at work yesterday. I'm stationed at the county hospital, I got smashed with referrals and the bitch covering for my boss's vacation is, well, a bitch. I cried today for about 2 hours while I was at a conference - everytime there was a break I would go for a walk and cry. While I was at conference today DH called a friend in who does housekeeping for $$$ and had our house cleaned. I came home from conference at 4:30 (usually get home at 7 or 8 pm) and slept for 4 hours. What a difference sleep and a clean house make. Tomorrow I'm going to talk to the bitch's boss and let her know what happened - apparently she does this a lot when she is cross covering my boss. I'll fucking quit before I let someone treat me the way she did. My real boss really appreciates me - I hope she is having a nice vacation cause she is great and I really miss her. This is tough work - you have to have good support. So, I'm rested and feeling much better, wide awake at 10:00 pm - taking a sleeping pill and going down for 8 more hours. DH has surgery scheduled for Friday.

This has been a tough couple of years......looking for brighter days ahead.

Thinking of all my hooleygirls. So happy to hear from Chicky and Julia and Wren and hoping your sweethearts are getting better.....and Ducky and Cammi and Chevy - you make me smile...and Di hope all is going well with you, and GmaFoley,

and Blondiee, and Phyllawherethehellhaveyoubeen? Love you all. and Sassy and our new sisters, GG and Mary and Chabba and if I missed anyone I miss you, too! Love, Michelle

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Shell I hope u sleep well all nite so u can weather u'r storm with a bit more ease. Lots are going on and u'r poor DH breaking his arm yet again. Oh Lordy and how awful to feel like that at work-- I can't imagine that. Oh not because I've never been mistreated at a job, but I never gave a chit. But u've been so happy there and worked so hard for this---Just give it time til u'r Real boss comes back and u'll feel better--I'm sorry Shell.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013
    Options

Morning gals... Shells, yes.... I would report that sorry a$$ bitch! I was in the same situation one time, and I was also ready to quit! The whole thing just made me cry, and that was his intention.... It was over me copying recipes, when I was supposed to just be STANDing at the desk, with not a soul around... But he looked over the railing fromthe 2nd floor, and saw me doing that HORRIBLE deed!

I was called in and lambasted and I have just never had anyone do that to me before! I left in tears, and told the other Supervisors I was quiting! Or going to work in a different department. They called HIM in, and in other words told him to knock-it off, and that is no way to fun a department! He finally apologized, but I just steered clear of him from then on. There is just no excuse for someone to make another person feel that bad!

Glad your DH had your house cleaned.... and that was ingenious... moving his car. You could even sell it...Ha! So many guys around here on bicycles! I think it is because they don't have a license, because of drinking...! That sometimes doesn't even stop someone from driving, if they want to bad enough.

My Mom got so sick of my Dad's drinking one time, that she found as many liquor bottles as she could, and drug them all under the house in the crawl space, crying the whole time. Don't know why she just didn't smash them all, or dump them all out, and throw them in their recycle for Dad to see..... Didn't do any good.

She thought that would keep him from drinking... Didn't work with him.... At least you have the Doctor's working with you....I just wish the best for you and your Husband, and that un-ruly fart-face person!

CAMMI! Glad you had fun with your gal-friends! I met my friend from our school-days at the Olive Garden..... Soup and Salad. Sheesh! It's like we always have so much to catch up on! But isn't it fun to get out like that?

Oh Phyllidink! I thought your ankle monitor must have been broke! Because it is supposed to keep you in touch with US! Ha, ha! We couldn't find you for nary a year or so! And YES! Ask me how cold it is here! Wait.... I don't know....Okay, it's 6 degrees out! And snowing a powdery snow! Supposed to STAY cold for a few days....! We knew this was coming, and it DID this time! Loopy

Okay, so I know y'all don't care for those guys.... neither do I! But no-one ELSE posted any OTHER pictures of men that you DO like.... And the women that compete in body-building are just as gross, I think.... But their bodies CAN'T work right, I wouldn't think! I mean I can't even take Prednisone, without having SE's!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited December 2013
    Options

MORNING HOOLIGANS ANOTHER DAY YAY

Shells, sorry about the BITCH. Remember the phrase coined in the early 80's "nurses kill their young". At least 50% of middle management nursing supes are like this BITCH. You've not gotten to see, fell, or hear it b/c you have been above them as a boss. There has been a movement for >10 years (rough guess) to stop this type of bullying. Had a friend leave my last hospital b/c of this bullying. (lots of others did too) She went to a Jacksonville hospital where it was so far in the other direction, she thought she was in HEAVEN. I left the hospital for the same reason. Then after two weeks I thought, I need counseling to see why I would allow myself to be bullied for so long. We were all soooooooo happy when our boss was away for any reason. Even if it was just a meeting in house. Word would trickle fast "Joann's off the floor."  Hope your next up boss is a good one.    Sorry also about DH.

Just one more reference to my boss BITCH to show you her character. Five people saw her run into her office when a Code was called on our unit. Had the CEO known this he would have had her walked out of the building. No one was willing to report her b/c of fear of repercussions. Very sad. We were continually loosing staff b/c of her.

Cami, yes doing lunch is a small joy in life. Glad you had fun. Hope the pills did their magic last night. I'm finally staring to feel right after T-day, thank god for drugs. Can you imagine us talking like that just a short time ago.

Holeinone, LOL, I got that one.--cool. Right now we have several sisters that will be loosing their insurance come Jan 1. Chickie, Mary, Foley, 4. Any ides? BTW we change screen names all the time. Sometimes you have to figure out that someone's talking to you. I was going to call you Golfgirl this morning, but didn't know if you knew that -----I'm the keeper of phone contact. We don't like people disappearing without us knowing.

Chevy I know we all feel this way. I LOVE to wake up to your cherry and funny posts every morning . I know you loved COORS, but you could have been a great screen writer. Your wit is a mix between  Rosemary Clooney, Carol Burnett, and________(the gal from Cheers? Married to the guy from Taxi?)

Foley, did the bed trick. It did the trick. So nice :) But that damn trap muscle is starting to tighten already, but the lumbar is happy :)

MaryinNCgladyoupostedmissingyou.

I left another  message for 4. Calling Dwilli and Sweet Pea and Spookie.  Anyone else I should be calling?

Pocket party this afternoon, follow up thyroid scan. Scheduled it with my favorite radiologist to read

Dini tore the pool screen, He's in trouble. Apparently, I have a good girl and a bad boy

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Talked with Dwilli, she's thinking of us all. Her sx went well. No signs of infection.  Her replacement foob feels so much better than the TE. The doc did things the way she wanted. Her T-day was wonderful. Everyone is taking care of her. Her sons were at her bedside in the hospital, and at home till she sent them home after T-day. Her school is sending daily meals. (they did this for six weeks after her MX). She sounds very happy. WE laughed allot.-sassy

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Sas bad boys could be fun sometimes.

Good Morning all/

A story---My cousin who was at the VA hospital and her son was there, he was going to be  all right. Well she looked over him like most moms and was tell the aides and nurses what to do when she wasn't available to be with him, and she was tough. No one liked her and after a while they all decided to report her, so she was called in for a reprimand,--Well as she told the person who called her in and I guess there were a couple of witnesses there, she didn't even work there, she wasn't even a nurse. They all thought she was and was too bossy. But they listened to her in fear. We all laughed so hard at that stupid story. So Shell try not to take this so badly.

I guess I must be a bitch, cuz I was thinking about ALL the time I've been belittled in front of people by bosses over the years and it never occurred to me to feel bad, I would usually say something extremely sarcastic, but I never got fired for some strange reason, cuz over the years with all the jobs I had I wasn't good at many-When I worked for the State unless I stole money they couldn't do much to me so I didn't stel money. But when I started at the state I had a boss that hated me and she sholved dirt at me in front of whoever she wanted all the time and in front of customers too. nd when I was finished with a customer I apologized for what they saw and acted all sobby and then I gave them a little pamphlet to fill out about their experience at the state--haha she got in trouble and she knew it was me and I said I didn't say a word. Buut she never let up on me.for  2 yrs and then she got a friend a job and she was at me too. And I told them both I didn't give a shit. She retired and I got her job needless to say her friend quit.

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Talked with Flatsy, she's doing well. She's been back at work. This sx has exhausted her more than the others. Healing well. Has kept up with reading , but to tired to post. Said she'll be back soon. She too sounds HAPPY :)

Left messages for Sweetpea and Flowers.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Thanks Sas.

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Talked with Di. SX was Monday, they just did the eyes. Doc delayed the foobs b/c of time on the table--6hrs. Her eyes are slits and she can't see well. Seeing PS this afternoon, suture removal. Had nausea and dry heaves till last night, was prescribed med and it worked.. Sweet DH cooked her poached eggs, home fries, bacon, and coffee and served her in bed this morning. Had pain issues, but pain now under control. DS stepped up to the plate and cooked T-day dinner. He did the same last year at Thanksgiving and Xmas. She said she'd try to post this afternoon, I suggested not to worry for a few days that I'd put a note. :)

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited December 2013
    Options

Thanks, friends, your support is so appreciated. Part of my problem was that I was sleep-deprived....and I had such a heavy load that I was afraid something would get missed. The hospital just wants to get the patients discharged, and since so many of them have poor social support and/or resources, I have to make sure they get a soft landing wherever they are discharged to. So many important pieces can get missed, I can't let the hospital push me to get them signed up and out until everything is in place. Monday, as I was walking out the door at 6 pm, I realized that one of the pt's who was being picked up at 9 am the next day hadn't had her home PCA (pt controlled analgesia) switched to a home pump. It takes 3 hours of running around to get the prescription signed by MD, faxed to our pharmacy, picked up by a hospice nurse and switched over. Another pt almost got discharged by the hospital without oxygen. Another one is not safe to be home alone, needs nursing home placement. I came in at 6:30 am before my conference to try and get most of the pieces in place, and got yelled at. Bad combo!!!

Anyway, I'm rested, clean house, new day, up early, and ain't no one gonna push me around or be disrespectful. I spoke with a friend who works there - she told me I have a great reputation already so that helps.

Have a wonderful day. Thinking of you, Mary. Lurk away, baby, but please check in and let us know how you are doing. You are precious to us.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited December 2013
    Options

Morning all. It's a gorgeous (cold, though) morning in the NW.  Woke up to the sun and 22 degrees.  High of 32 is predicted.

I'm working part time for a few weeks. Frankly it's a bit restful after moving.  Still have a lot of boxes to unload and organization to complete. In the process I plan to find a bunch of things to donate. We've got too much stuff.

Tweaked my back this morning so I'm moving slowly to reduce the spasming. Wish my acupuncturist hadn't quit as I'd sure like to get needled. I'm certain that would help.

Thinking good thoughts for taking everyone.

Shells, don't take any guff from the bully!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited December 2013
    Options

Sassy - "Nurses eat their young". Shells - wow what a time you're having. Very thoughtful of DH to hire house cleaner. Makes you know he appreciates your efforts for him. How many hospices are there on Oahu? Know you don't want to change but good golly can't they wait a little bit to start the intimidation. Wait until your b**ch boss has to make an emerg. field visit - is she an RN. Mine could not find her buttusky from a hole in the ground. Her admits were disaster we all had to clean up. Maybe b**chy boss will move on rather than you. One of mine did just after I left and would never have believed it would have happened.

And don't believe the malarkey that "nobody calls" on holidays. I found that families that hadn't seen pt in months (or a year) could not accept the decline and insisted family call nurse. Do you have to take general call or just admits?

Cami - excellent way to get "even" with boss. Besides it WAS about customer service.

Pocket party for you Sassy. Hope all is negativo. Better than the Icemaggedon preps here again. You know the other shoe is about to drop in North Texas when it is 80 degrees. Sheesh. Afraid this one is gonna get us. Heat lamps up in barn, hay restocked, we are stocked though my pantry is never bare. Now have car charger for cell phone thanks to DD.

Anyone know a quick way to run a cell battery down so I can test the charger? Tried DD's trick of increasing display time/brightness. Have it running on record video at present hoping it will eat battery life. DH doesn't even have a car charger though I have another phone that does - the one I was using b4. He can always just switch his Sim card even if it weighs too much for him to carry in pocket.

Sounds like all our post-op gals doing good. Chickie, Julianna, Wren - how are your DH's doing?

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Shell I like that attitude, see everyone knows u'r great at what u do--she's jealous00green with envy. So just do u'r best and it will still be over the top. I'm glad u got a good nite's sleep.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2013
    Options

When I first started at my school district, I was a baker. The mgr must have been bi-polar. Some days she was sweet as sugar. But if I came in at 8, and the cook was already crying, it was gonna be a bad day.

Sas, sent you a PM.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2013
    Options

Oh forgot how I "Love" the creepy crawling feeling... NOT.... Withdrawl from Gralise has started earlier this time. Not constant.. just annoying when trying to sleep.. needless to say.. rough night last night. But I'm alive and kicking Loopy - shakey and twitchy now.. Oh this is going to be fun... and yes Sas, I have a call into the doc.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited December 2013
    Options

Much love to all...just checking in between "drops".... visit with surgeon today was good ...John's eye is healing well......docs are talking early January for next eye surgery...next appt is 1 week from today.

Too tired to think right now...I'll keep checking in.♥

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

off to scan --hope somebody jumps in my pocket--I'll be asking my radiology doc to review the ultrasound with me if he has time. He will if he can, he won't if he can't. XOXO sassy

• luvmygoats
    edited December 2013
    Options

Sassy - In pocket. Whee!!!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hey Hooligans!

I have not been on the boards since last week of October and I was skimming and trying to catch up  (in vain cause none of you ever STFU..lol) and saw that we lost Veggy! OMG!! I felt sick. She was so lovely and it is so unfair. I send my sincere condolences to her family and friends.

I missed you all and hope to be able to check in more often. I am still having a hard time with the aromasin and typing still hurts my hands so I tend not to type after I leave work. I am gaining weight at the speed of light since I quit smoking and started this evil drug so I need to do something other than eat everything that is not nailed down so I really should come here and hang out with you wonderful peeps to keep my hands out of the cookie jar.

Still can't get over Veggy...life is so unfair!

BBL...need to reconnect.

Love you all and hope you are all well. Will try and catch up a bit later to see what has happened since the week of Halloween when I was last on. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi Girls. I'm Here. I'm OK?

Thanks for checking up with me everyone. I do appreciate you looking out for me, and the friendships! I will try to get messages returned soon. I have been in pockets and saying prayers for all, just quietly, which admittedly is not my usual MO! Things are just overwhelming right now. Usually I just sail through all that, but every once in a while it just all piles up at once. Holidays and gloomy weather are NOT helping at all either. I am in the attic and not the basement though so the sun does come through!

We did have a "No Technology" holiday for a while here too and turned off the internet to get the kids attention. They have been told no video game related presents for Christmas and they are not happy! It has taken over too much and we have let it because we have been so preoccupied with everything else.

Thanks again for checking in. I will be back soon. I do have to work the next couple days. Don't want to, but couldn't turn the money down this close to Christmas.

Hope everyone is well. Husbands too! Mine is having a very slow, painful go of it since surgery.

I have been keeping track and sending good thoughts, hugs and prayers. Love you ladies!

Lynne

Good Luck Sas...I see you are headed out. I'm quietly in the pocket!

• luvmygoats
    edited December 2013
    Options

Quatre (((Gentle Hugs))) I can't image raising children in the technology age. I can certainly understand your "stand" on it. My DD is 26 and completely hooked though I must admit she did no texting while at DB's for Thanksgiving and nephew did his slyly in kitchen which is OK. Glad you are OK and quiet is OK too. Here's to a better upcoming few weeks b4 Christmas.

April - thanks for checking in. I'm with you. The more I'm on here the less I eat. I find if I put the goodies in the refrig. I'm less tempted and yet if I really want something it's there.