Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Options

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited December 2013
    Options

BTW, this is enough muscle for me. His arms are not so big that at least he can wash his own hair!

imageimage

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013
    Options

44444 good to see u and hope that all is getting together for u. Of course u had to give us some fun, and hope u have some fun too.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2013
    Options

In your pocket SAS!

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited December 2013
    Options

Sas, I'm in your pocket, too

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013
    Options

4.........you go girl........think I will go check my shower and see if he is in there...

Now that's a body...........

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited December 2013
    Options

Yay for 4!!  She came back. She's keeping her kids from being consumed by technology. AND she brought PICTURES! !!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013
    Options

See, if you go back to that picture, and right click edit, you can drag the corner all the way down to his toes! Amazing, right?

Let us know Sass!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited December 2013
    Options

Thanks for the pocket party, it helped---definitely needed it Hugs to all. Results tomorrow. I'll pick up at med records in am. Already have an inkling idea. Never had to spell inkling before.

44444444 I thought of you when those body builder pics were up. Knew you come up with something.

Littlegoats-yes, too funny, eat their young---kill their young.  I left the surgery center b/c they relieved my boss who was one of the top bosses I ever had. They replaced her with three new bosses Two awful, one okay. I went to a GI floor--small unit max 21 patients,  plus all type overflow medical. One gal Patty already there, left the sx floor where the infamous Bitchy Joanne was boss. Then our floor was combined into Bitchy Joannes unit. One boomerang. Patty then transferred again, to float pool--only a few nurses directly under DON. It was combined under Bitchy Joanne. Two boomerangs. Patty transferred again, to pediatrics small unit max about 10 patients. It then was combined under Bitchy Joanne. Three boomerangs. Patty then transferred to oncology. Oncology's manager was fired and the unit was put under Bitchy Joanne until a new manager could be hired, and whole hospital census seriously was suffering b/c of space center layoffs. Four boomerangs. Poor Patty-----After second boomerang , kept saying  "What do I have to do to get away from this Bitch".  One might think Bitchy Joanne must be an excellent manager b/c she kept absorbing responsibility.  Wellllll, one of the assistant nurse managers was bragging early on when my unit was put underneath her, that our numbers showed we were working at a 145%. The ANM didn't get that meant we were seriously understaffed. Our numbers were uniformly >100%. So, Bitchy Joanne looked real good to management, but another example of why she couldn't keep staff. Sheesh, 5 years later and I'm still venting. Must reintroduce this at counseling LOL.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited December 2013
    Options

sassy i didnt make it in your pocket but i made it into your shoe.  thanks for not stepping on me.

• deliasrdz1
    deliasrdz1 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Options

I totally agree!!!! I had DCIS and decided to have a double mastectomy & reconstruction and I've heard the same damn comments you just posted.  the whole-Perky Boobs and oh, flat stomach or at least you caught it early.  My favorite is-I knew of someone but the passed away!!!

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I wish I could hug you because I feel the same damn anger with people.  No one who's never had cancer will ever ever understand the anger women face after all of the pain.....no damn commen sense!!!

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013
    Options

Just came on Philly news.....something new in the future for BC...in trial now........No surgery, no Rads, and no Chemo........they use high power ultra-sound...not the kind to detect it....much stronger.....you lay face down on the table....go inside the machine like MRI machine and a beam burns the tumor.........the people in the trial after being treated were "cancer free" Can you imagine, if this actually works........ no treatment, no chemo, no rads, no AI's...no Tamox, no losing your breast, no lumpectomy, no Lymphedema, no fatigue, no losing your hair or all your Estrogen, which ages you.......no more SE's.......

Too late for us, but Dear God, let this be the miracle we have sought for so long........

The Mods may jump on me for this post, but some hope for our sisters who like us could one day be facing this disease is better then no hope at all....

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Ducky that is AMAZING---Wow Really something good. finally.

Delia yes u r so right about people who don't know what this is like--it's a nitemare on so many levels and it continues again on different levels.

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi Delia welcome to STFU, Stick with us and we will show you the ropes. I sent you links to a bunch of threads.  Remember to hit your favorite topic link in the top left corner. That will put a topic in your favorite list. Never be afraid to ask here if someone knows where a topic may be found. Lots of helpful sisters here.

We are a very mouthy and irreverent group.  YAY. We give all kinds of nicknames and do crazy things. WE are unlike any other thread. But there are many , many wonderful threads on BCO. Don't be afraid to look around. Many members have multiple threads they post on. If you have a hobby, you can likely find a thread with your hobby interest. Many new members will join a thread with other newbies starting chemo , rads, or treatments at the same time as them.

Many members post on multiple threads.

BCO is the best. :) sassy.........going to copy and paste this to you in a pm in case you lost us already.....sassy

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Ducky, Mods won't ding you on this at all. It's been in research on other things since the 40's, gathered steam in the 90's. Following the same research pattern as radiofrequency ablation-RFA(1990's). HIMRIg US, RFA and Cyroablation on the sx table or in Interventional Radiology units is very much now and in the future.  (cyro is freeze treatment) . Standard media just doesn't keep up with research. They(media) pronounce it as new when decades of activity have been dedicated to it.

Many countries are ahead of us on these modalities b/c of FDA rules. No question on your statement it will change lots. Let's hope we catch up to other parts of the world.

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013
    Options

Just know they said it on the World News tonight. .....it was in trial and they are having successes with the treatment......hopefully this time it is successful, and also, not sure where these trials are being done.....not sure they said where......

Hope is better then, no hope, considering that is all we have........

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2013
    Options

I saw something about this on Yahoo, I don't have TV. Sounds promising.

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013
    Options

Thanks Spookie..glad you heard it too....I delt with the FDA for years..........they make the rules as they go along.....there are no "real rules"..........it's whatever fits the situation......you learn this working in research in Big Pharma........ruled were made to be kept or changed......at least with that area of the government.......trust me.....been there, seen it......

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013
    Options

Doesn't matter how old or how new. Anything that helps would be nice! The effing chemo drugs they still use have been around forever too. Something, anything on the horizon would be nice. Would be nice if they could figure out how to snuff this shit out before it starts. They can make a chicken pox vaccine and hardly anyone dies from chicken pox. It is nearly ever fatal, but now they can give you a shot so you don't get it so WTF???

FDA is dragging ass on cold caps too. Finally in trials, been around for years and very successful in Europe. They are not for everyone to tolerate, but it would be nice if people knew about them and had a choice. Would be even nicer if insurance covered them. I scraped and paid for my own, feeling guilty because they were not really medically necessary and I didn't think I should be taking that money out of my family's budget. It wasn't like paying for medicine. I was wrong, mentally they were necessary. They could be so helpful for so many people and how many people would procede with treatment if the hair wasn't such a big and public SE. I am in communication with a lady now, her mom is thinking of declining chemo in part because of hair loss.

Any hope is nice though. God knows, I don't want my daughter to ever have to deal with this shit and I hope we all hang around long enough to see it come to an end or to help any of us that it revisits.

It's just sad. If they cure or prevent the bastard disease, they don't make as much money, so why rush?

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013
    Options

4...,,,.could not have said it better....who gives a rats ass when it began, so long as it is still a thought in some researchers head....."I agree a vaccine would be better, but let's take what we can get right now......

Same with Lymph.....many have no idea...I am starting with a new therapist tomorrow.....already told me compression custom sleeves are not covered....I went nuts.....asked who told you that.....she said the people who order them........I said they don't know shit........called Aetna to be sure since it's a year since I gave up trying.......friggin shit is all covered.......will deal with the the idiots tomorrow who were wrong....phew...

Some people think they know it all................I am so glad you back with me......hugs friend.....

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Ducky do u mind me asking how much u'r sleeve is? or wht u'r getting? I've got legs and left arm and hand, I don't need a new one again yet, but I think I was clobbered and then my Ins. only paid 155.00 for the arm and hand.

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013
    Options

My lymph lady is awesome! Custom sleeves are expensive too! $450 for sleeve and $480 for the stupid glove. I never wear them. Hate them. That may bite me in the ass but so far so good. (knocking on wood) She just ordered me a thing to wear at night because I told her that honestly, I am much more likely to do that than the other. My insurance covered them and even said I could get a second set.

**I think mine is a Jobst, same company that does stockings. They come in 3 different skin tone colors, back and now a cranberry color. They are custom woven like a very sturdy Ace bandage.

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Ducky--quoting you "The Mods may jump on me for this post, but some hope for our sisters who like us could one day be facing this disease is better then no hope at all....

Just trying to support your statement........Instead you make an issue where no issue need be made....my calm and tolerance will not go on forever. I publically say "Cease and Desist"---Google it----------I'm done------with the cloaked innuendo.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

BTW I wouldn't care if someone finished an idea tht someone else started 50 yrs. ago and it works, that's all that counts.

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013
    Options

I agree with Cami, doesn't matter when, who, how or what, just give us something. It is sad too when something gets started and is promising then gets put aside for money or politics. At least it is in the news again. That's something. It's also sad we take better care of our pets than our people! There's more money in the pets!

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Mods were informed a few minutes ago that I asked ducky to "Cease and Desist" Apparently, The mods on duty do not understand the legality of the term I used.

Mods you are breaching my legal rights---------

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Teka----------thought about you lots in last two days----------are you okay with family problem?

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

MODS WAITING FOR AN ANSWER--------IS AN ABRIGDEMENT OF MY RIGHTS WORTH THE AGGREVATION OF YOU DEFENDING IN COURT--- YOUR ACTION OF DELETION OF A COMMENT THAT STATED A MEMBER WILL CEASE AND DESIST IN SLANDER

WHEN YOU DELETE--THAT IS DESTROYING EVIDENCE THAT MAY PROVE OR DISPROVE ANY FACT OF A CASE. YOU THEN BECOME RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTION. ERGO, YOU CAN BE INCLUDED IN THE ACTION AS A PARTY. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013
    Options

I really HATE the way things get mis interpreted on these threads. I don't think Sas meant anything about Ducky's post, she just likes to know history and share facts she finds. I think Ducky was just trying to let us all know the battle is still being fought and someday might be won.

I always hate questioning what I write hoping it won't get taken wrong by someone and hurt feelings. This is supposed to be a place for support, not a source of stress.

Teka, I think STFU it is supposed to be about the humor. That's why I came here to start with.

I guess I picked a bad day to come down out of the attic.......

Remember, I am the one that got tarred and feathered and flogged quite publicly on another thread not that long ago over something really stupid. It hurts even when you don't know the face on the other end of the keyboard.

Just sayin......

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

$$$$$44444444444 sweetie, love you're back. Teka the same . Take no note or thought of what's going on.

Please, no one else either. I know you have all recognized there has been a problem since Granny blew at me many months ago.

Subtlety---------and politeness hasn't worked.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013
    Options

4seewwhat, you were missed, came back with a gift, a cabana scrub boy/toy...

Sas...hoping & sending positive thoughts for excellent scan results

GmaFoley...good luck with the creepy crawlers...Beneydral might help

Ducky, I am hoping to see something on this research, will search tomorrow while resting in the recliner..

Deliasrdzl...welcome ! This group has given me so much, in just the last few weeks...I needed to find support , but with a sarcastic, twisted smile....this is it! Hard to keep up, but while in treatment we have lots of downtime...keep us posted with the good, bad & ugly

Blood work & oncologist in the AM...

Hope all are keeping warm...cause BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE...