Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2014

Just sat here watched tv for a while then read a book....me and the cat...it was uneventful....must say that I do wonder if I will be here at the end of 2014, I know you all understand....did ask the dr. if I will be here in 6 months he said yep....not sure why I asked, just did.. Am here now still alone the boys are still out with DD#2  but that is fine, they deserve it, they live cancer everyday just like me....

BBL

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited January 2014

Hugs girlfriend.....you better not go anywhere, neighbor.......we have yet to meet....let's set that up for 2014........

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited January 2014

Hi hoolies......I spent. most of yesterday at the hospital.....forgot to ask for a pocket party.....my sugery was about 3 1/2 hours long....have nips....lipo for fat grafting on my former cancer boob....and. got nips "installed too.....got home about 6:00 and went to bed...heard several explosion at midnight but floated away on. my percosets.....HAPPY  NEW YEAR TO ALL......WITH LOVE

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Di...rest well......hugs

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

Gma, come on out of the basement. We are here to help,well today I can use my walking stick to help pull you up,just grab on.

DD wants me to go shopping but I am not sure as the pain today is so bad.
    Have sciatica like pain down my leg and also back pain. Sorry to grump but can't get on top of it.

I need coffee so have to get moving.

Big hugs

• di2012
    edited January 2014

Oh Alyson, sorry you are in pain....sciatica pain is a BITCH!.....

I had it until found a disc in my lower back was ruptured......had a laminectomy and have been fine ever since and it has been a long long time ago.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited January 2014

Note to self: While trying to catch up on reading this thread, go back to page 475 and read about ChevyBoy's great dinner ideas.  I STILL DO have all of your recipes and intend to us them ASAP.

Heaven!

Flowers

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

My first Good Morning---

How is everyone the 2nd days of the year, don't know how long I'll do this 1,2,3 day thing. Flowers are u cooking. oh how energetic.

I don't know how much, but lots of snow this morning--crummy day for people who have to drive around today.

GMA are u doing better today? Don't always count on what u'r Dr. says, cuz I remember when I was done with all surgeries, chemo, rads  almost 2 yrs, I said finally this is over, and my Dr. said far from it u'r going to see a lot of me from now on, and even tho I do it's not always bad and it took a long time and I don't always feel bad, just sometimes--So hang in there.

Aly sciatica I had that one time and I thought I felt it up to my eyeballs it hurt so bad, good luck with that, I don't know what u can do for that,

Ducky how's the furbaby??? Did u get u'r snow, or are u getting it now.

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

fur baby is lonely......guess that says a lot for me......LOL, LOL....he will eat an egg......

No snow yet, but they say it's coming....

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited January 2014

Please stay safe all you in the east that will be getting a bad storm.. 

Cami, I'm not sure how I feel.. The nerve pain is back full force without the Gralise.  But I have my brain back.. very hard choice.  I am going to start the last taper today, I think. Get it over with..  After almost 3 years, I need to know how bad the pain really is.. Then we will change pain meds. Problem that has arisen from doing this, is that pain = swell with the lymphedema.  Have to wear compression bra that seems to make the pain worse.  I just keep on telling myself, this soon will pass.  I'm not sure about this.. but I say it. 

Happy New Year all.

or if you want a funny:

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited January 2014

I vistied with freinds early then home before the crazy people come out. Asleep by 10:00 and never heard a sound at midnight not even my own dogs. Yesterday was in my PJ's all day doing jig saw puzzle boring relaxing and a day to rest it was nice. Now it is below zero and a couple of inches of snow  hope it warms up some I need gas in the car.  I love the Irish blessings they remind me of my Mom (lost her in Sept 2001 Gallbladder cancer).  HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the Hoolies I love that I have a place when no one else understands that I can come to and everyone understands.  Thanks  Flatsy  2014 will be better I hope for all.

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Flat.....we are getting our snow today into tomorrow......

This is a great place to hang out.....glad we have you here.....hugs...

Stay warm....

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2014

gma- I don't know if this will help or not, but when I'm hurting my hubby says to me..

Remember, it's just pain.  There's nothing going wrong. It's just pain.

Though that might not sound helpful... for me it is.  Awful as the pain can be at times, it's just over-reactive nerves and I put up with it better when I keep that in mind.

• blondiex46
    edited January 2014

gma thinking of you!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited January 2014

Thinking of all of you who don't feel good...Hugs to you. Im having a hard time with this uti, I had no idea they could make you feel so bad for so long. Tomorrow is my double pocket party. Im very scared.Leg has been hurting today and I havnt done chemo in 2 weeks. Waiting to here back from Duke University, maybe they have something new to offer. Really need those of you that pray, to pray for me, and you others send your good thoughts and vibes. Oh and today was a new tv show all day. My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.lol. At least it wasn't about the south........

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2014

Mary, definitely in your pocket. I hope you hear some hopeful news. Sending good thoughts and warm hugs.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2014

Mary, Blondie, & Gma.....lots of positive thoughts & well wishes are coming your way....

• blondiex46
    edited January 2014

Mary am in your pocket with the others and sending thoughts prayers and hugs!!!

• di2012
    edited January 2014

Mary....I will be in your pocket tomorrow.....I will take a pain pill and curl up into a ball since I'm still recovering from lipo, fat harvesting,fat put into my foob and 2 new "niplets" for my foobies

gentle hugs,

Di

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited January 2014

Mary, in your pocket!  I know it is really scary and I hope they have something very positive to offer.

Di, hope you are feeling well.  That was a lot!

New Years has started off lazy here.  Kids all still home until Tuesday and DH got some time off but still doing shoulder PT.

Hope all the other husbands out there are doing well!  Hope all the Hoolies are having a gentle start this new year!

Back to laundry and dishes then maybe a movie on the tube.  Pantry is almost bare with the kids raiding it night and day for 2 weeks!  

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

Hugs (((((Gma))))))) pain is so tiring.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited January 2014

Yes hugs for you Gma, glad to hear you are off most of the meds and can start figuring out a plan soon. Sorry about the LE.  Out of everything it has been the most frustrating to deal with.

Aly, I hope your pain lets up soon too.

Big hugs to all!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited January 2014

My heart and prayers are ever with you Mary.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited January 2014

Mary - I'll be there for the double pocket party. Hoping they have some good answers for you.

Di - tell everyone to back off tomorrow in Mary's pocket; maybe you need to take a magic shield to keep crumbs and feet off of you.

Gma - so forward to figuring out something better for your pain.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited January 2014

Mary, In your pocket.

Carry all of you in my heart.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited January 2014

Mary, prayers are coming your way and I'm in your pocket.. Someone bring me pain meds please..

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited January 2014

In your pocket Mary and it's peaceful in here,  just brimming with hope and love,  and everyone is behaving for once.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2014

in your pocket, Mary!!

Our 2014 is starting well, we think. Just bought a camper and are starting our next adventure.  The camper is 4 years old and we got a good deal on it (unless of course something bad shows up after we drive off with it.....)

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited January 2014

mary, I was in your pocket but I had to go out back for a smoke.  Did I miss anything?

Gumbylady - That sounds so awesome!  Please swing by NE and pick me up?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

Mary, Mary how do u feel.

GMA I think Aly is right pain is very tiring and I think then it makes it worse, it's like u need to rest from it and a pain med doesn''t really let u rest it just kind of loops u sometime--it's not a real rest. And I remember when little it was walk it off, well now if we could walk it off we wouldn't have pain. Oh to be young.LOL