Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited January 2014

Mary - Praying that onco has new strategies. How did the Duke thing come out? Love you bunches. Hope you're getting to snuggle with Jordan.

Hope all are staying warm. Sounds like our deep freeze is ending. On to warmer/rainier.

April - hugs in this time of sadness.

Ducky - maybe you were more consistent with letting furbaby go potty. When my dog comes back from boarding (only 4 nights at most) I take her out often and praise her extravagantly. But then again maybe furbaby IS trying to tell them something.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2014

Mary....we are ALL thinking of you, worried for you, and hoping those Drs. are doing all they can to slow those nasty buggers in there tracks..

Shells, loved your pictures..is that you on the bottom, stretching ? Happy that DH is able to get healthy..

Alyson, Having DH pick something up is a fantastic plan for those days..my DH has been good about that in the last 6 months..

Ducky, wished we could all go with you to find that perfect companion...You know we would not let you came home without the perfect little furball. Or maybe a mid sized character...

Golf Girl

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited January 2014

Mary, I am praying for you!!!! In your pocket all the time.. 

VENT: I just want to come on here, just one time, and say I feel Great!  Unfortunately not today,  My PCP helped me get through the worst of the withdrawal... But the nerve pain is back full force and My "uniqueness" has finally Baffled her and she told me to go back to my pain management doc.  You know the one that Hasn't Called me back since Dec. 5th... I told her thanks for helping this far and I would call this doc back, but have no confidence that he is going to answer.  Well, I made that call and told them what I just told you..  Plus, I have LE and when I am in pain, that part swells.  I need to figure out what to change to.  She asked is there anything you would want back on?  I have no clue!  Just don't want the gabapentin back.  Told her what I am still taking that isn't working.

Guess what the response was?????

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!^%*%&%&%&)^&(*$*^%%*(&

"He is doing injections this morning, I will call you this afternoon after I talk to him." I said that is what you said a month ago. She said it wasn't her but she would look into it. Any bets on whether I get a call back??? DevilLoopyBawling

You did say I could vent any time right??? 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2014

Gma, vent away! There are times that just need it. Hope they find something that works for you soon.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited January 2014

GMA.....venting welcome.......I surely do enough myself....lol

Damn, I wish you could find someone who could take care of you the right way......WTH......you are ready to start over, and your hitting a brick wall again.

Please let us know how you make it.....I feel so bad.....just wish I could make a suggestion, but then again....not an MD, and I frown on unqualified people giving advice........hugs, and hope things turn out better  then before......

Is there another Dr. at the PMC that you could see, or are they all in cahoots......worth a shot.......

• gmafoley
    edited January 2014

The pain doc I liked in that office left town.. And now this other doc is the only one in town.  If they don't call me back this afternoon, I'm going to ask my primary to refer me to someone else.  

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

GMA.... sounds like a plan........

• luvmygoats
    edited January 2014

Agree Gma that sounds like a very good plan and you have "ammo" to present to PCP. Did you get name of person you talked to today? Even if it is a drive to see a new doc could be worth it. Balance how often such a drive would be needed and if he/she does email consults. Do you go on HealthGrades and other ratings and check docs out? I do but more to get general feel. I looked up BS of a couple of friends and they got terrible grades but friends loved them.

• gmafoley
    edited January 2014

UH OH - My DH "hayfever"  wasn't - he shared my drink and now on top of everything else I have a scratchy throat, postnasal drip.  

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited January 2014

Thanks for everybodies well wishes and prayers. I go see rads onc Thurs. morning at 8 30 and should start my new chemo this week, just waiting for the insurance company to get their shit together. Mo put me on morphine pills..Hoping they'll work better than the oxy. Hope everybody is doing ok. Am feeling a little better, but I am lurking and keeping up with everybody. Hugs to everybody.....

• gmafoley
    edited January 2014

Amazing - I actually got a call back.. and we are trying something new.

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

gma...great news..........I hope and pray this works for you............you have tried so hard....you deserve a break, and some good news............let's keep the faith that this might be a whole new year for you......hugs

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2014

Mary, so good to hear from you..Everyone here is worried. Hope the new meds is just what you need to be comfortable & tackle the chemo ahead...

Gma a couple of ladies suggested gabapentin to me as I am having minor neuropathy issues. My MO is not one to prescribe anything, I do not plan on asking for anything as I believe I can handle these symptoms. After you mentioning that drug, it really confirms that I need to not take anything. I will start Arimidex in mid Feb.. I do hope you find a new pain guy...good luck. I got the scratching throat right before Xmas, turned into a throat infection...arrrgg...better now..

• luvmygoats
    edited January 2014

Yay Gma. Keep the name of the gal you talked to. I've said b4 there is one MA at PCP's I won't talk to. Snot. Hope the scratchy throat turns out to be nothing. DH stirred my coffee with his nasty spoon during his cold. Knock on wood I've not gotten it yet.

Mary - I'll be praying for the new chemo and for your rads appt. Holding you close.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

Mary, we are all praying for u, this could be the one and since it's 2014--it's all new and good for u.

GMA vent and  look it helped--for sure get this woman's name and deal with her. This might be the ticket for helping u--let us know what they give u.

I think I can say this for everyone we all hate this effin disease--it never ends in some way or another, well some can just do all the treatment and recover well and it's wonderful to see that but so many it just hangs on in different forms-My cancer is at bay, but so much else goes on, it's such a family disease everyone is affected in one way or another and this disease is centuries old where the hell is the cure, It's not like a newer disease, geeze they had chemo in 1880 so it's nothing new, oh new chemos but same old disease. Praying together for all who have gone down this road.

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited January 2014

Getting off my pity pot.....

GROUP HUG!!!!!!!

Mary....if you feel a lump, it's ME.....in your pocket ALL the time.

I  have nothing to fuss about....just hi/lo new nips,my fat didn't like where it was reintroduced to my body (lipo/fat transfer didn't work), chemosis of both eyes for more than a month.....and more....just a dark time...but

• gmafoley
    edited January 2014

Nortriptyline and added more tylenol #3 - Will try it but the amitriptyline gave me issues.  He says that this one sometimes doesn't even though the other does.  

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited January 2014

YAY...glad to see so many familiar faces again.....I feel better now!

Chemo still sucks...had an ultra sound on my legs today as my legs and feet have been swelling a lot in the past 2 weeks, but nothing found....at least I dont think so as they let me go home....lol

A little nervous about the PET scan on Thursday.

Love you all...hugs and kisses!

ps...John's eye still hurts a lot...he goes back next week to speak with next surgeon for plan.
  • duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Chickie, in yoour pocket.......yes there are still some familiar faces here......I'm here, not that that is impressive........

Hope your doing ok, ......I get the swelling too, but they just keep passing it off as being from the meds I am taking.....tired of mentioning it to them, so I just don't bother anymore....lol..never had real think ankles anyway.

Actually call them Cankles........and the LE arm bat wings........at least my grandkids think its funny...lol

It is so cold here....getting some relief over the weekend.........hugs.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited January 2014

Good luck with your pet scan, Chickee.

• luvmygoats
    edited January 2014

Chickie - in your pocket for your PET scan. Sounds like Thursday is a busy day on here. Hope your DH's eye gets on the fast track to better 'n better.

Gma - hoping the nortriptyline is the ticket.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited January 2014

Chevy-took me a few minutes to see the CAT! I thought it was referring to the poor chick with the bent neck. Haha.

Hi people, new here been on SAS's insomniacs thread so decided to check this one out. 

Sue

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

Welcome Smaarty to this band of hooligans, rascals and rapscallions. Come and share the fun and the hugs.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited January 2014

Welcome, Smaarty.

Hope everyone is staying healthy.  The influenza seems to be starting early this year.  Around here, we also have a GI bug going around.

Mary, In your pocket all the time.  Hope this new plan works.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2014

Morning again!  Yes Smaarty.... it did me TOO, ha!    Hi Alyson & Juliaanna! 

I tickled myself this morning.... I accidently called my PC,  " Doctor Dudd"!   But she IS, so that was somehow funny to me!  I just wish we could find a Doc that we both like!   Dh won't go to the Docs, unless something is falling off... 

Chickers!  So your husband is doing better?  Can he see out of it yet?    And tell me, a PET scan is different than a CAT scan?   I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!   

Also, have you tried wearing either "walking" or compression stockings?  I have the knee-high ones, and they really help my legs.   I had a lump on my left leg, and it hurt, and Doctor Dud thought it could be a blood clot, so I started wearing them.  That swelling went down, and also it doesn't hurt anymore.  Sometimes I wear them day and night!  You can't even tell where that lump was~!   The only thing is, they are a bitch to put on! 

I finally bought one of those things to slide the stocking over, stick your foot in it, and pull it up!   It really helps.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2014

I order my stockings online...  They just make your legs feel good.... I bought the "Donner" at a medical supply place.

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

Good Morning for the first time zzzzz will be coming back-

Yeppers Thursday is a busy day lots of pockets to be in, but I hve to bring my phone and I'll put it on vibrate (shut up Chevy) u'll be fighting me for it. I know that.

I've seen that leg puller-upper and it seems pretty smart, I just use those ribbed gloves and they are ok, they really work well on my arm--without them there's no way I could get that thing on.

Chevy people could cross country ski here there's enough--we're going to take over Aspen pretty soon, our weather is worse than u'rs.

Chickadee u'r poor husband I can't help but think of that--eye surgery OMG it sounds awful to me.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2014

Cammi!  It's the bending over, and trying to get my ankle over my other upper leg!  But that contraption works great!  It's kind of like your .... ummmm vibrator? phone, that we just can't live without!   

Yes, I KNOW you guys are just buried!  Are you staying warm?  And is Joey venturing outdoors throwing water into the air?  That was amazing!   What did you do, shove him out the door?  Poor kid!  I'll bet your dog just looks at you.... from a distance..... and shakes his head!