Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited January 2014

What is this talk about "split, broke up".......just because a couple people decide not to post anymore does not change anything.......

I'm still here, and still the prettiest, sexiest, funniest, smartest, oldest, member of the MHC, and also freezing my ass off here in Philly.........

There is no reason to stop posting here.....this was one of the most active threads on this website, and the one that had the most fun.........

We still welcome everyone, and neither stop, or ban anyone from posting here......that is what those who are dealing with BC stand up for ......caring, loving, and supporting, and to hell with the ones who have another agenda........

Some things end, when they are abandoned...........and damn it......I'm still here.

On another subject.......I miss my fur baby.......she left, and I miss her........my grandson was so grateful for the care I gave her......she actually looked sad when she was leaving...........I told him I was gonna lie, and say she ran away, but I did not want to be the "breaking news story murder" on the News tonight.........he laughed.....was gonna tell him to get another dog and give me her, but knew that would  not work either.............she is my best friend.........love the little shit..........

Ok, everyone stay warm....wind chill here tonight is -20.....Brrrrr

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Chickie......how is John's eye..........I'm right....it was his eye......just don't tell me no, it will  only prove, I am losing my mind and can't remember shit........lol

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2014

Chickie, In your pocket for chemo and scans. We were in Hood River (cold and windy) and I wished I had the wolf hat you bought in Alaska. It would have been perfect.

We're lucking out with weather here. 40's and rainy all week. Bet 95% of you would trade.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited January 2014

Yes Ducky you still are the prettiest and oldest!  Think I have the newest Foobs though so does that make me the sexiest?

It was Johns eye.  My DH, Nick had the shoulder surgery and was it Julia's DH that got stuck in Michigan before thanksgiving?  Plus Shell's DH had a heck of a year.  2013 was the year of the banged up DHs!

I didn't just quit posting here, I pretty much just quit posting.  Not sure the boards are for me.  I come for fun and to try to be supportive of others that need it.   I keep track by email notifications and keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe it was the holidays, but everything seemed to get so overwhelming for everyone.  I feel so bad for everyone having such a hard time and realize that could be me one day too.  It just seems things here used to be a lot more light hearted and now I don't feel like the goofing around is so appropriate here anymore and some just take offense. I just never know what's ok from day to day.  Most days I think I am just too warped for the nice ladies that hang out here ;0)

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited January 2014

Sew - I have 4 rolls of TP hidden out for ER supply. DH wanted to know if there was an upcoming shortage - I bought 2 pks 12 rolls each for the 2 of us. Told him well when it is buy one/get one it will never be that low for a single package. But we did come close to running out of Kleenex. That would be a tragedy with the perpetual runny noses from the cold. Did you try the convenience store or the Dollar General/Family Dollar for milk or were you just commenting on grocery having none? Mine has had no bottled spring water recently. Has bottled drinking water - well that comes out of faucet but not the bestest tasting water to drink straight. Nothing wrong with it other than taste - OK for coffee, cooking.

Ha - our local rebuilt grocery is having a "free gallon of milk/week for a year" giveway as grand reopening (never was closed) prize. Me not standing in line for that. I buy the latest dated gallon and even then I sometimes pour some down sink.

We are under power shortage orders. Asking us not to use major appliances during the evening hours (washer, dryer, oven - how the heck are you supposed to make dinner). We just escaped rolling blackouts this am. HAH it was too cold to make power at a couple of the generators. I think I see frozen pizza after 9 pm.

Temp is already 24 says low of 18 tonight. Betcha its lower than that. No wind/no windchill.

Wren - we are on upward trend with rain starting tomorrow. My weatherman blogger says no foreseeable bad weather but still waiting for other shoe to drop. The Ft. Worth Stock Show (mini State Fair - lots of livestock exhibitors) starts the last week of January - nearly always has terrible weather (didn't last year though). We hold our breath during it.

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2014

I bought 2 gallons the other day when they first predicted weather!  People go crazy around here about bread, milk, etc....  It is not like the north where you might actually get snowed in for days!  It is supposed to be nearly 60 on Saturday. Plus it is just cold no ice or snow!

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited January 2014

Mostly lurk here, sometime poster.  I miss the fun banter.  Plain and simple.  Jan

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited January 2014

Dana....good luck this week....hope the weather changes for you and make your trips to chemo and pet scan easier .

444......was exchange easy for you....It was a snap for me, with no down time.

I have the newest NIPS....but I am NOT the sexiest....since the are not level....and fat grafting was a BUST or rather wish it was....very depressed....thought this was the end except for tatoos.

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2014

Agreed Jan!  Miss the fun back and forth and crazy pictures!  With a title like STFU!

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2014

Di,

Sorry to hear you are down.  I know your last couple "procedures" have not turned out as well as you had hoped.  If it makes you feel better, when my bandages come off I won't be level either!  My doctor was very upset about that and I told him I wasn't even when I walked in his door.  I made him leave the areola and I don't think I am going to have them build the nipples.  Might just 3D tatoo that part. With any luck I am done might need some fat grafting but not in any hurry!

Exchange surgery was a breeze.  But then so were both my MXs. Might have been different if I had done both at once but opted for one at a time since I was just barely off crutches for the broken ankle at the time of first Mx.  I was super lucky through chemo and rads too.  Really no down time to speak of.  Unless I just wanted it!

Don't know if I am lucky or just crazy!  Loopy

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited January 2014

luvmygoats......oh The Ft. Worth Stock show....brought back many memories...as  a kid I lived in Ft Worth and i remember school was closed and my mom would get us cowgirl boots and western outfits.I remember the smells of the barns (gag!!)  and the highlight one year was to see the show featuring Roy Rogers and Dale Evans!!!!  yeehaaaa. :-)

My dad graduated from TCU. We moved to Washington '58.

Wren, GardenGumby, Chabba, Mostlymom, we here in WA (and on the west coast )

are the envy of the nation as far as weather is concerned!!

We are Costco shoppers and have a food , water & TP stash in the garage....along with a propane burner we can cook on....if we lose power, and a generator.....after having lost power for almost 5 full days due to a wind storm....think we have it covered if it ever happens again!!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2014

Ha I am at SAMs or costco all the time and usually have a stash of everything!  But all 6 of us have been home for over two weeks!  Pantry and freezer have taken more than one beating with 3 teenage boys!  One is only 11 but does his share of damage!

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

4....your fine....I thought your sense of humor was ok....;your not warped...and most things are said and done in fun....at least that is the way it was when I came on this thread.....;your right, things did change, but I refuse to let anyone ruin what use to be a good time..........the "banter" was fun.....it took our minds off the real problem we are all facing BC.........

People left......so what......people are still here, and like my Mother use to say to me......never worry about the people who don't show up at your party.........be happy because of the people who did ........doing less insults the ones who cared enough to come

So let's continue to be the crazy fun loving people we are......hugs.

And 4, yes you have new Foobs.......you can be the sexiest.......lol

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

Ducky get a dog--u don't need a puppy but a lap dog that u rescue, u will never feel alone. I have my Katie-Kat and she just hangs round me all the time and is so cuddly with me, I really enjoy that.

4 I'm glad with all the work u've had done u'r doing all right--good for u.

Di I'm sorry all the chit is happening to u. I hope it all turns out right.

It is colder than Siberia here really, so u can see why store shelves are empty and everything is closed that can be closed. The roads (I hear) aren't to bad, but it's so cold if u don't have to go out why bother.

We of course did send Joey out with a cup of hot water to throw in the air and watched it poof right into mist, never hit the ground, Oh we're so hard up for things to do, but the dog didn't even run out with Joey, he's smarter than my GS.

I think some are tired with the Holidays and weather not being so nice and we have ignored Chevy's chickens, which of course doesn't bother me, but Chevy likes to talk about those preKFC birds.Oh and their eggs too. Those will never make it out of the neighborhood with Chevy there.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited January 2014

4, you are NOT too warped! Please stay - we could all use some fun!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

4 we need you here. It does get a bit down at times but then the fun begins again.

Well girls, it is so hot and humid here - just thought I would tell you, hehehehe.

Big hugs.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited January 2014

Di - I don't know if school is still closed a day for it or not; not in FW school district. When DD was in elementary school there is was (she's 26 now). I actually like the smell of barns. I better. I live next to a horse, cow and donkey. That and the 16 or so goats I have. I have chaperoned grade schoolers on field trips there. I've never shown goats there, too much trouble checking in/out and specifics of what you have to do. I have done the OK state fair once and the LA state fair in Shreveport once. My nursing degree is from TCU. I also have a Biology degree from UNT.

Yes, I stash water when storm warnings are up. I have a ginormous supply of empty water jugs and goats have their own 5 gallon container. Our back faucet was frozen this morning, 1st time it has done that. DH dipped into the goats reserves. I just haul water out by the gallon jug. They are spoiled. I have bucket heaters and they get warm water in the mornings. I also treated them to warm water late this afternoon. Food is not a problem; we could probably live for sev. weeks on my stash, but freezer would be a diff. matter.

We have considered the generator but never bit for one. Do have a porta potty, a camp stove and a single burner propane. That last thing came in handy a few years ago. Power went out one morning and stayed out several  hours; weather was nice. DH heated me water for coffee/tea. Also have a cowboy coffeepot somewhere in camping stash.

I wish we had a Costco esp. that was closer, but it's 45 minute drive. WalMart is 10 minutes one way, another 10 pat that to another one, 20 minutes going 2 diff. directions to 2 more so I'm a WalMart shopper. But I will say our local grocer which is an East Texas chain is quite good. No real complaints. Ha - they actually put a sushi bar in. Now this is a small ranching town. I don't even want to try it and not sure if I did that would be the place to buy it. DD eats it freq. and says no way is she eating theirs. Our food inspection in town evid. made them cook all parts of it - nothing raw. Maybe that is the way all grocery sushi is. I'm no prude about raw fish. I lived in Hawaii as a child and LOVED sashimi. (Can you believe the BCO dictionary does not include sashimi - lol).

image Not mine but goats in sweaters.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2014

Luv, there's a gelato store here called Fainting Goat. The woman saw them on TV and loved them. The store T shirt has a upside down goat. They are funny to watch. Fortunately it's not serious and doesn't hurt them.

I'm a little nervous about raw sushi except in places like Hawaii where it's common. I usually get the shrimp or crab which is cooked. However, I love barely cooked ahi. We stayed in condos that had outdoor grills AND people who cleaned them overnight. Had singed ahi about half the nights we were there.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

• Alyson
    edited January 2014

Cami love it.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited January 2014

4.... I lov all I your banter, and pics just cracks me up!!!! We all need laughter none of us even ones without BC get out of this life alive. It's what u make of it... We can't change what has happened to us. All we can do is take a deep breath and keep fighting for what is important in life. I am 34 and have a lot to still learn about life. I just pray every night that I get to see my son Austin launch and dance at his wedding... He is only 21 months so I have a long way to go but I will fight with every breath!! I thank u ladies sorry I get down or vent but that's why we are here right together through thick and thin.... Bring on the jokes and laughter I sure as hell need them!! 

Well last chemo tomorrow really excited but nervous like I said a hundred times... Weird but feels like a safety net?? 

ChickaD I'm in your pocket for scans and chemo... Your still on the Herceptin right?? Did they add??

Di sorry about the frustration with all the surgery so many women it takes a few tries to get it right... I just had my bilateral reconstruction with lat flap to the right and simple mx to the left with expanders placed on both sides.

Di and 4.... Does it hurt when they fill them?? Obviously tight and stretching but does it hurt?? Do they ever have to go back in and take out?? 

Mary update?? Hugs xoxoox

Julianna I would lov to meet please for dinner or coffee or anything.... Chevy could u come too???

So confused.... What other tread?? Should I post both places??

Hugs,

SweetPea xoxoxo

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited January 2014

I'm happy to see everyone posting again.  I almost gave up. 

Sweet pea, I'd love it if Chevy could join us, too..

• Alyson
    edited January 2014

Ducky there are lots of cute little dogs who need a home at the pet rescue near you! 

Just waiting for DH to get home, has been away for work and because there is nothing for dinner have asked him to pick up something on the way. Just very tired  tonight.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited January 2014

I'm with you, Duckster - didn't even realize we had a split. It's all good - our spirits rise and fall, but this thread will keep on, no matter which way the wind blows. 

I must admit I'm missing Sassy - but her little ADDH self does get in a little hot water now and again - but she's just so precious….  I'll just have to stalk her on other threads.

….the reason I haven't been posting is that I'm pissed off about Mary's report, no words feel right.

My personal life is at a peaceful place, DH has been sober for a month and our little life over here has been quiet and kinda sweet. Working my A-- off but that's ok, too. 

Mary, I hope that you are feeling at peace and living each moment to the fullest, and that fear is not welcome in your heart.  

imageimage

imageimageimageimage

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2014

Morning gals!  And congratulations Shells!  A MONTH!  That is something to be thankful for every morning!

And yes, could we all meet somewhere, like for lunch or coffee?  I don't do much driving at night...  My windows are tinted, and I can't see chit at night!   And besides I LOVE Starbucks!  I live over in the High-Falootin neighborhood of "West Highlands"  (impress, impress, imPRESS!)  It USED to be just plain ole' North Denver, but we got uppity, with all the yuppies, so now we have changed  our name to .... drum-roll please...... WEST HIGHLANDS!!! 

I have never seen so many young peeps and little kids since I was a kid!   They are everywhere!  Just like fleas!  Every family must have 3.2 kids!  And we are here in this old neighborhood AMONG them!  And CHICKENS!  Everyone has CHICKENS!!!  I swear to God, they do! 

See?  I told you!  Young healthy,  cute,  energetic ski-cap wearing PEOPLE!  

Cammi, if you could see these people, you would swear you were living in the next century!  Tight little skinny-jeans, little kids with ballerina-skirts on over evrything they wear, dogs with hats on, and all the guys with beards and mustaches!    And each one has a huge SUV, with racks on top!  And they LOVE the Winters around here!

These people are so healthy, they make Jack LaLane seem like a slacker! 

So today I am getting my hearing checked again.... Going to Costco with DH and DD...  I gotta be able to hear all my neighbors, without screaming at them "I can't hear you damnit!"   We will then eat lunch there.....  Doesn't that sound especially fun?  I mean I really do love it!   I will get the Chicken Bake, and DD likes that Hot Turkey whatevertheyputonit sandwich.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2014

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Shell......I feel people who want to be here will, and those who choose to leave, can do that too......

I always enjoyed this thread, and will say again..... there is nothing wrong with being on more then one thread here......I play a lot of games, but that doesn't mean everyone has too......each of us have our own opinions about our BC..........we don't all have to agree, how boring would that be..........however.....

We can agree to disagree without getting our knickers in a knot, and go on enjoying the company of each other.........are we not all adults.............

I am happy to see a few of the ladies back............and glad for the ones who stayed..........as for me.............. I'm lonely

My grandson called me last night to tell me Snickers threw up 4 times, and peed on the floor once......he said....."Nan, I think she misses you....your company , your fluffy Afghan, and your loving ways..........made me feel good, although I'm sure she is just picked up a little bug..........however, can't explain the peeing in the house........my daughter things its revenge...............lol

Told him........well if  your ready to give her her walking papers, give her my address....lol..

Hugs ladies.....and big prayers for Mary.............

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited January 2014

Never thought of it this way... but.....

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited January 2014

http://envita.com/cancer/raising-the-bar-on-cancer-treatment-how-genetically-targeted-fractionated-chemotherapy-is-changing-cancer-outcomes

Thought this was an interesting read so sharing it.

I agree Ducky. People can post on other threads and here too...it is not like you are "cheating" on STFU>>lol

Has Mary checked in? I am praying very hard for her.

Tomorrow is my Mother-in-law's memorial service in FL at the funeral home. In the spring, my FIL will bring her ashes home and bury her here in CT where she lived the longest (35 years) although she was born and grew up in ME.

Hope you all have a great day. Back to work! My 10:00am appointment just arrived and they are buzzing me!

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Have a great day April.......

Thinking and praying for Mary too......