Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

(((((MARY))))))) will be with you. 

Just talking to my aunt in PA about Downton Abbey. I was teasing her with the fact we have finished  series 4 here and could tell her what happened.

Gma have great fun. I am looking forward to having my babies to myself for a whole week in June when I am in Oakville Ontario. Their parents are going off to a conference.

Must go as I want to get my tickets organised today.

Big hugs to all.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2014

Mary, you are on your way, take the day & try to rest, gear up for the trip tomorrow. I guess you are going both ways, since rads start on Wed. Safe travels, you have so much support & love from all your Hoolies. Try to stay strong..

Gma, have a great week with those sweet boys...

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited January 2014

Mary - this Hoolie's in your pocket with oo maybe some lattes for everyone and scones. Keeping all fingers/toes crossed that Duke has some good answers for you. Also with you for rads on Wednesday.

Gma - enjoy the week with your grandsons. Best medicine ever.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2014

Aly! You're coming back?????? Are you doing the cross country 2 country trip again?  And bringing the Big Girl Panties?

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited January 2014

Mary in your pocket always!!!! Hugs and strength sent your way!!! U are amazing an inspiration!!! In your pocket at Duke tomorrow!!! When rads starts I am thinking die spots die!!!! On the liver are spots in close proximity it each other?? Could they contain or shink the areas then remove that area of the liver??? Glad the new insurance is paying more.... Can the social worker at the mo office help with submission of lengthy paperwork??? Hugs and more hugs pray and think of u every day!!

Ducky thank u for sharing the YouTube video. Grayson is absolutely beautiful made my day I want to watch it every morning I wake up!! What a little fighter... How old sorry u probably mentioned before... God bless her she is such an angel!!!

ChickaD I am over the top happy for you!!! Praise God!!!!! U fighter F- that cancer...all u are doing... All u have been through.... Kicking its ass!!!!! How's brother in-law sorry haven't asked in a while.... So happy for u xoxoxo

Shells sorry about the relapse... U are amazing helping him fight this disease I am glad at least he is stepping up to the plate and at least trying....so many back and forth for you.... I know u miss him I am so sorry!!  I don't know if those are the right words.... How's work are u happy there... Do u lov working with the patients.... How's your son...

GMA lov the pic.... Don't they just light up your life and make everything okay... That u would just walk through fire for...Gods greatest gift of love!!

Julianna when do u get into town will u pls PM me if there is any way to meet up?? Would lov to meet u :)

Chevy can u believe this wind OMG....

Cami hugs :)

Love u all

SweetPea

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited January 2014

Ladies - I'm not doing well here - sinus headaches and stomach ache.. I think I'm swallowing air with my cpap and not sure how to stop.. Early mornings are rough here - and it is so quiet with everyone out of the house for school.. I should enjoy the quiet but I don't.. It is a compact busy, whirlwind - 3 hours when the boys get home. I'm used to my puppy dog needing to go out or DH needing his coffee I make for him every morning.  Oh well - rant done - Mary jumping in your pocket - I know there is a noisy party there.

Ok back to my early morning computer work - HUGS all.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited January 2014

GMA...........huge hug.....know the feeling....the quiet is so bad it drives you nuts....sometimes you welcome the chaos.......was at my daughter's yesterday.........works from home because of being in a new built building,and something in there makes her sick.......but anyway I use to watch my 2 Grands...with her home, she is there now when they come in from school......so Nannie is not needed........yesterday I was........it was so nice.....got my GD off the bus, the when DD came in made homemade cheese steaks (Philly style), and sat till 9:30......loved it.....now  I'm back to lonely.......lol

Stacy...thank you so much.....she has come so far, but still huge way to go.....she will be 3 March 3rd.....Most know the story, not sure if you do....if not I will PM you.....just let me know.....she is a fighter,and at one point could do nothing.....making progress but still cannot stand or walk alone, nor sit upright without body brace and a special chair.......thanks again ....

Rainy day again, but at least its not snow...........

Started my day on the phone with the hospital .........got a notice from a collection agency for $40.00 co-pay, they claim I never paid........got my paperwork, called 3 different numbers, and finally guess what they did.........quite casually the head honcho said........Oh I will take care of that right away........I am looking right at this........I will call the collection agency right away........I said..."ok, what was the problem"...............he says....."it was credited to someone else's account, I am looking right at it"................I said, well perhaps you should have looked at it first before putting it with a collection agency ..........kept saying I'm sorry.............I said "I don't care how friggin sorry you are, that does  not change "shit" for me........this is not the first time this has happened, so perhaps you should pay more then $7.00 an hour to your employees, and then maybe you could draw some competent, educated people to handle people's billing"...........asshole said "I am really sorry"........and I will bet you, I get another bill............no winning here.........lol, but really it is not funny........its frustrating the casual way they think "I'm sorry" take it away.........

Ok, rant is over.............have a great day all.......hugs.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited January 2014

GMA....sorry you are sick.....

RE CPAP:  Do you wear a chip strap?......if, not it may help......I used one for a while....along with my cpap mask.....talk about being strapped up.....so I could sleep......the noise of the cpap, all of the velcro adjustments, face grooves from the mask....I really sleep better without it, although I wake several times during the night.

Mary in your pocket....... always.  HUGS!!!!!

Di

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2014

Ducky, Good for you telling him to hire competent people and pay them. More bosses need to hear this kind of thing. As they say, you get what you pay for.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2014

Ducky, maybe you could tell the story again about your little GGD?  So many of us lived through that with you, and to see her in that video just makes us all feel better!   Miracles happen every day, and you get to watch her growing into a beautiful little girl!    Her whole family is really blessed.

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Ok, will do, just don't want to bore anyone who already has heard her story.....but will repeat it...........

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

When my grandaughter who is an identical twin was ready to deliver she had a female Dr....(not that that mattered)......she was with her overnight, and nothing was happening during labor..............she told my grandaughter if she did not deliver within the next hour she would be having a C-section to deliver her identical twin little girls...............the Dr.'s shift was up, but she left complete instructions with the oncoming Dr. what needed to be done......................this Dr. coming on was the head of the practice.............when he got there Kira was ready to deliver Baby A who is Isabella..........she was delivered without incident.................within a few minutes Baby B who is Grayson, began to present herself....................at that point the Dr. said she was coming "breech, feet first presentation".....................he had the option at that time to do a C-section for the safety of the baby ..............instead he let her come feet first but it did not go well....................her feet and her body came out fine, but to put it like the baby's Dad said "her whole body was in the Dr.'s hands, but her head was stuck"..............at that point there was nothing he could do, but to continue............he pulled and tugged, and eventually her Dad said he heard a "POP".........he asked the Dr. "what was that"........he told the Dad, that it was his "glove" that snapped.........

Finally he pulled Grayson out, and it appeared it worked..............2 days later in  the nicu the Dr.s there realized something was not right with her..........her sister was perfect..........

My son demanded they have her sent immediately to Children's Hospital in Phila...........she was taken by ambulance, evaluated.............and my grandaughter was told that Grayson, appeared to have a "torn spinal cord"............as a result of her footage delivery.........she also has a brachial plexus injury.........it affected her breathing............her ability to be breast fed, and could not swallow..........she could not cry like a normal baby...............it was the saddest thing I had ever seen.

They kept her in CHOP for 2 weeks, finally discharging her, but told my grandaughter only time would tell what was going to happen to her.................it was too soon to tell..........they would use her sister as a ruler to measure Grayson's progress...................but they were pretty certain she may never walk sit up alone, or be normal physically.................

A time went on it was obvious this was true................Isabella was growing well, eventually sitting up herself, rolling over, crawling, eventually walking, while Grayson laid on her back, and could do nothing.........

She has been to Boston Children's Hospital...........Shriners Hospital........and continues to be seen at CHOP...........she had and still has physical therapy 3 times a week, which exhausts her, and many days she cries through because it is so intense for her...................

But.......as you can see she has progressed............she cannot stand alone, or sit alone without a special brace, and chair...........until she can build up her "core" if she ever does...........we do not know if she will ever walk alone, but you see what she can do with the Gait Walker................which is also very hard on her.......

When she is not in the walker or sitting in her special chair this is the pathetic part..............she lays on her belly on the floor, and pulls herself around by her arms, (not crawling) because she does not have the "core" strength to crawl like a normal child...............imagine sitting watching you baby crawl around the house because she cannot sit or stand......

All this because some Dr. decided that his Associate told him what was expected of him, and he chose to ignore it which we later heard he does not like to do C-Sections....and this was said when someone mentioned his name at a hairdresser's and Grayson's story.....All Dr.'s at all hospitals said........Had a C-Section been done, she would be as normal as her sister................

Thank God, mentally she runs circles around Isabella, as you can see, but someone destroyed her ability to live normally because he decided to play Hero..............

Grayson, will be 3 years old this March 3rd...........my son is devastated, but does everything possible to make life easier for my grandaughter, and Grayson.........It is very difficult to watch, but she is a delight, and has a personality that does not quit................maybe one day they we can share a video with you of her "walking".........God willing........thanks for all the posts, love, prayers, and interest in my little girl....

My son, daughter-in-law, Kira, and Alex also thank you so much...........hugs.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2014

Mary thinking about you.

• blondiex46
    edited January 2014

Yay Chickie...so happy for you!!

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2014

Thanks Ducky.... Her story should be told....  She is your Angel....  I'm so sorry for what you have all gone through.... 

And the story about the Doctor?  He isn't still practicing, is he?  

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited January 2014

Ducky, I hope they hired a good Attorney and sued that doctor for malpractice because Grayson deserves to have enough money for her needs for the rest of her life. She will possibly need more care that is very expensive throughout her lifetime and deserves to have the best and not worry about the cost. SOB doctors sometimes have a God complex and think they are right. Most of them are wonderful and have the patient's best interests at heart, but sometimes...well, you know.

She is a beautiful child and I pray that things get easier for her. Lots of research going on for people who need help with walking etc. Praying something comes along that will make a huge difference for her.

Hugs to all. Dinner is ready so off to eat! xoxo

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Chevy, yes he still is in practice.........

My son has engaged an excellent lawyer that works for his company.......he is one of the best in the area......I think my son got him the day the CHOP Dr. told them her injury was caused by the birth....

II don't know where it is going, because I don't usually ask......not because its a secret, but because I figure if anything good develop's my son will tell me..........

Oh this guy will be taking care of her for the rest of her life.......we realize things may never be as they are with her sister, but she has come far.......

I want him put out of business, so he can never do this to another child or Mother.....at CHOP the head neurologist, and neurosurgeon said........"she was a fraction of an inch from dying" that is how far the tear went in her spine.........another inch in the opposite direction and she would have been a quadropalegic..........so God is good, and took over the idiots hands before he could damage her further........but yes.......he will pay dearly......

I want to go to his office, which is in the town they live in, and carry a sign proclaiming what he did, and saying.........Do Not Go To This Practice........maybe that would encourage the other partners to get rid of him...........My son said ......."Mom I am not bailing your ass out of jail"........like I care if I go to jail......I want to make a point.........but if it goes again their suit......then I won't........hugs

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2014

Moving animated picture of big headed rooster doing the chicken dance

http://www.netanimations.net/chickens-chick-and-rooster-animated-gifs.htm

And if you click on the "music" you can hear the "Chicken dance!"

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited January 2014

Well, back from Duke, no magic cure there...He was a nice dr but said he would be treating me the same way that my onc. is treating me now. I guess we have to sit back and wait to see if this treatment works...I was a disappointment though. Start raidiation on my leg today so have to go get ready.

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Mary, sorry the news wasn't better......keep up hoping and praying, and I will too....hugs

• blondiex46
    edited January 2014

Mary thinking about you~

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2014

Mary, hoping the radiation kicks those nasty buggers in the arse...thinking of you..

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

Mary, let's pray that what's being done will be the good news.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited January 2014

Prayers Mary

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2014

Thinking of you Mary..... wishing you the best....  (((hugs)))

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2014

Thinking positive for you Mary

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited January 2014

Mary, Sending positive thoughts your way.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited January 2014

GmaFoley, Hope you are feeling better and enjoying your times with the grands.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited January 2014

(((Mary))) Hugs and prayers.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited January 2014

Mary sending (((((((healing hugs)))))))) your way....

love,

Di