Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited January 2014

Oh Mary................beach for me too..........actually tomorrow my shore home area is getting more then 10 inches of snow.........Philly suburbs are getting 6-10...................I hate winter......

Just heard I am losing another grandson to his job..........My oldest daughter's son is moving to St. Louis, Missouri for a job at the corporate office of his company........signed a 2 year committment......then who knows what..................This is the 3rd one now...........the other 2 boys are in Chicago.......I hate it.....not that they are here every week, but its just nice to know they are close by...............I know my daughter is devastated, even though she is not admitting it.............she and her son are very, very, close.........she still has a daughter here, but now she will be alone........her and her husband are seperated (friendly), and her daughter is married........I feel bad for her......

I know people won't like this, but I am not crazy about Peyton Manning, or his brother Eli.....no idea why, just could never take to them........so that is the reason for the Seahawks, although I did not like Hasselback when he ws the qb for them.........actually I don't really care who wins.............like I said............I am a Nick Foles, Eagles fan.........lol.......had Tom Brady won, I would probably watched it.......now, doubtful..........especially if I can find something else to do........

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2014

luv, after my MO visit (assuming all is well, of course) we will lay a bit low. Our next trip is to Hawaii in April for :bout a month. 

A contracting company called and want me to work for a bit. Hubby is opposed right now but I'd like to refresh our finances a bit, so we'll see.  

I wonder if there's any meaning to the fact that the 2 states that have legalized pot are going to the Superbowl....  nah probably not, 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2014

I saw someone call it the BongBowl.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited January 2014

Aint that the truth! Ha-Ha

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited January 2014

Only problem is that it's not legal in NJ. Puff Puff.

• marywh
    edited January 2014

I was never one to smoke pot, didn't like it, but Colorado was where I first tried it...Boulder was a hippie college town.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2014

SIL offered to get me some when the chemo was trying to kill me. Told him no thanks. I take too many pills& could just see myself in ER stoned on street weed. I've never tried it. They're trying to get it on the ballot here, I hope it does. 

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited January 2014

Being one who never tried it.....but might try a "brownie" when our state of Washington tells us where we can buy it.Singing

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2014

this sounds like a truth or dare conversation....he. he  he

• di2012
    edited January 2014

WELCOME BACK 444444444!!!!!........looks like a lot of chit has been happin' with being sick and a dick of a landlord:

Phh Phh.....uck him!

Phh

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited January 2014

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

We've got some good stuff over on OMG thread hehe.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

4444Glad to see u back, but sorry for all the problems u've been having--Now it's 2014 so it will be lots of good things.

Shell I hope things are OK.

Well SuperBowl is coming right? And both teams are from states that pot is legal so this might be more interesting than usual.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited January 2014

Hey Hooliegirls (and Charles) …….. I will never disappear for long I PROMISE

Have been working 10-12 hr days, then DH relapsed again 2 weeks ago, so spent my two days off helping him get enrolled in a program, so no stress free days for 12 days in a row, now he is recommitted to working the program and I have 2 freeking days off starting………………….RIGHT NOW! Yahooooo!!!!!!

I'm so tired I can't see straight, but sooooo ready to relax and have some fun!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2014

Morning Shells.... I don't think any  of us could do what you are...   You have a giant heart, and are very compassionate...  And I'm right there in your corner, kid...

Just makes you know it will all be worth it..... someday!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2014

Geez, all I think about is my Dad..... AND my Mom....  She tried so hard to change Dad.... 

And then I went through the same stuff.... Only I walked away.... I mean I finally ran away. 

Took a lot of tears, medication, psychiatrists/counselors, friends, a Church, and just giving up, before it all started coming together...   It CAN happen, and I wish this for you  and Hubby, Shells. xoxoxoxo

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Shells........a day at a time girlfriend..........we all have our baggage.......I had mine too.....it was not drinking, but it was not always fun...........I hung in there when I should have left, but who knows why we do what we do........if I had to do it again, or had to advise someone what to do............I would say "leave", but I didn't, so who am I to give advice.......

You do whatever works for you...........When kids are involved it is even harder.......I had 6........

I think what made me stay, was I always thought "the last time, would be the last time"............and when he was not "moody", as I called it...........he was a super guy...........just not sure if I did the right thing, we do what we think is the right thing at that time.............

Let me just say this............It made me stronger........I also believe it was that independent attitude of mine, that "set him off"..............his mother was a whoosh...........who knuckled down to his father, always walked 3 steps behind, and when he said "shit" she said  "where and how much"..............so my husband was use to a woman who caved...............my mother taught me different........and I always went "nose to nose" with him, and he did not like it...........

Yet he was a good man, great provider, good father, just was a moody asshole..........

9-16 inches of snow today, and it has already started.........ugh...............hugs ladies.

Damn I did go on didn't I......LOL, sorry if I bored you all..........

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

Ducky nothing is boring, we all share.

Shell I'm glad u are on top of everything, but it can't be easy so patience has to be the virtue u can count on, like Chevy sid--so we're with u when u need us and rest whenever you can.l

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2014

Ann Landers used this ? a lot. Are you better off with him or without him?

Only you can answere that one. 

• marywh
    edited January 2014

I think we're supposed to get some snow tonight. We hav'nt had any for a long time. I hope so. I would love to have an excuse for rads ha-ha.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2014

Enjoy your days off. Do restful restoring activities.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2014

Mary Thinking about you Happy

Chevy {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

I have some illegal stuff and forget about it all the time...it works for sure....

Am a Cowboys fan and don't like PM so don't care who wins, Sherman pissed me off so not a Seahawks fan either, and he graduated from Stanford...

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Blondie.........agree with you...not crazy about PM.......but that Sherman freak was way out of line....taunting goes on all the time.........is it right, maybe not, but he is an idiot.......shows his level of "class"............plus Eagles aren't in it, so I really don't care who wins........lol.....actually don't like either team.............Now Tom Brady.......yes,I would be watching it......

Hope your feeling ok, how about this damn weather...........Hurry Spring..........

• di2012
    edited January 2014

I saw this on "over 60 group"....by a lovely lady who post a quote each day.....

"I am in competition with no one. I run my own race. I have no desire
    to play the game of being better than anyone, in any way, shape or
    form. I just aim to improve to be better than I was before . That's me
    and I am free."

Is that what happened here for some, when STFU board "split"?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited January 2014

I keep hearing that word -SPLIT- what page did that happen?  I never left, but life, withdrawal, pain happens. Can't be here all the time.   People move on. It doesn't mean we split. 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

Hugs for everyone.

I think there are times when other threads become 'popular'. Like Gma I didn't know about any split here but it has happened on other threads. I post on certain threads and have been around this one for a long time. 

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

I don't know about split either I see the same people and I'm here--maybe not as often cuz I've been so floopy lately--so sometimes people just leave and sometimes we all change what our favs are. As time goes on we meet more people that's all.

Aly u know how I am about cats. I love it.--I said to my GS can't we get Katie-Kat to do something interesting--she's like me just hangs around boring as hell but she loves me so I'm happy.

Like  said both teams are from legal pot states--I think that's unusual. The crowds will be WILD. Then eat a lot, then sleep.

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

NO COMMENT................I am still here...........

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited January 2014

I'm here too.  Just not much of a poster.  Jan

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Jan........we love you girlie..........post more often..........anything accepted here.......lol