Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited January 2014

I am in that pocket littlegoats! I know how stressful mammos are these days.

So, I finally had a moment to check in.

Shells, I will pray your DH sticks with recovery this time. My hubby will have 25 years sober this Feb. 15th.  He used to drink tequila for breakfast he tells me (I did not know him then as this is a second marriage for both of us) I spent 30 years with an alcoholic first husband who almost died twice and that was enough for me so I admire you hanging. I tried harder than most for sure but he just loved the booze more. He is still drinking although not as much my son tells me as we don't speak as he is still mad at me for leaving almost 12 years ago.

Mary, I am in your pocket today too..and every day.

Ducky, what is this about American Bandstand? Did I miss something? I used to watch that show every single time it was on. I loved it! Were you on the Philly AB? High five!!

Hugs to all of you hoolies...back to work since my boss just got here. We had 9 inches of snow last night and we didn't even have a delayed opening!! Getting here this morning was not fun at all.

Go Denver!! Or Go Seahawks!! since the G-men did not make it, I don't really care who wins this one..lol

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

That quilt is gorgeous--so much detail--lots of work.

Luv u'll be fine, let us know when u get home.

Hey I watched AB everyday to and I loved how they slow danced, it was different than here in Chicago,

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited January 2014

I knit, crochet, needlepoint, stained-glass paint, do mosaic bird baths, quilt and sew.. How long since I've done any of that??? Quilts when I have time to breathe. 

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2014

Gma, lovely quilt, my favorite colors. Have fun with the big boy quilt..

4sewwhatt, you are one overachieving bad ass super mom....

Luvmygoats...  In that squishy pocket...Yikes....is it over? 

Shells...we all admire your commitment, I hope DH finds better days

Happy Hump Day Hoolies

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2014

Chevy, is that photo of Cananda recent? Like this Jan.?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2014

Tating and hair pin. Now there's 2 you don't hear about much. I tried, poor eye brain co ordination never got the hang of it. Pretty if you can!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited January 2014

luvmygoats-hope you have a very large pocket, wish you the best.

Are we suppose to be angry to be here? Love the conversations, I don't think I've ever been angry about this but I know I've had it easy. Do like to whine some. Come April I'll have to find something else to whine about! I should be done with all this chit and quit thinking about my chest all the time.  Ok, that's something that does make me angry. 

Spookiemom-what is hair pin?

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

Morning. About to go and find coffee then will put my big girl panties on and go off to my scan this afternoon.

My Gran used to do tatting and hairpin lace work. It is so beautiful. I just quilt and knit and sew

Big hugs

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2014

Holeinone!  I don't know!  I just thought it was a "cool" picture.... I went to Google Images, and was looking for something, but found that instead~!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited January 2014

How was your scan Aly? As far as anybody being angry, that's all water under the bridge now, and hopefully wont keep resurfacing.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

Scan went well. There is a lot of criticism of our health system but I
    can't complain. Had scan, radiologist looked at it and came and told me
    there was nothing to worry about. Lots of nodules on thyroid and vocal
    cords but all looked fine but will need to keep a check on things. With
    nodules maybe need to see endocrinologist to check thyroid function. It
    seems that once you have had cancer you get some special treatment.

Smaarty this is hairpin 

Makes beautiful lace.

• Smaarty
    edited January 2014

I'll have to google hair pin lace. Doesn't look easy.  And good news, yeah for you.

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2014

Thanks Alyson I never could have explained it! A picture is worth a thousand words.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited January 2014

I wonder if they ever made lace on real hair pins?  Would have been very fine lace.  

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2014

I think they used the hair pins instead of the crochet hook. Geez. When was the last time you even SAW a hair pin?

My cousin knew how to do it, tried to teach me. I was all fumbles at it. Can barely knit. 

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited January 2014

Thanks all for being there in my pocket for me. Hope nobody got poked or spilled on. Got the all clear once again. Yay. Have I told you I love my radiologist? Well I do. What I do not love is the traffic and freeway construction going on in Ft. Worth. Yikes. DH took a personal day today and monkeyed around with our taxes. So did not have to hurry home to let dog out.

Aly - glad your scan was non-eventful.

Mary - in your pocket. Hugs for you.

• luvmygoats
    edited January 2014

Shells - yes we get it and most others don't. Hoping your DH sticks with the rehab. Certainly sounds like you needed the down time.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited January 2014

Thinking of you gals living in the ice and snow tonight.  I hope you are all able to stay safe and warm at home.  

My daffodils are starting to bloom!  Can you believe it?!  It has been so warm and sunny that they are so confused.  No rain in sight and it means no rain for all of January.  Want to bet that we get a major rain or snow storm when all daffodils are in bloom.

Doll clothes making is over.  I'm going to start the next quilt on list, a fun flower one.  

Time for bed.  Jan

• Smaarty
    edited January 2014

ok ladies, I have added a new topic, "tips, tricks and how to survive this chit". Please check it out, add your 2 cents worth and spread it around. Hope it helps.

• gmafoley
    edited January 2014

We finally got a few pictures of this little fawn - his/her momma is a normal looking whitetail deer.  We call the fawn Gizmo.. He had a twin that was crippled and didn't make it.. Edit: I don't think goats and deer can breed, but it sure looks like this momma did.  We do have a goat in the area that has those type of markings LOL.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2014

That is the cutest little fawn I have ever seen!  Maybe because it is so small, that it has those beautiful colors!  

I looked it up, because I thought  well, maybe that IS possible, but it isn't...Loopy

• gmafoley
    edited January 2014

He/she (not sure yet) is our fuzzy smallest fawn on the mountain. The twins were born last out of a dozen that were born this year. Gizmo would protect and try to help its twin but she couldn't move around and I think was not well to begin with.  Momma hid them for the first six months. When the neighbor found the twin and buried it, Gizmo and mom started coming out more. He/she are the funniest to watch, he loves to run and jump, and play..

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2014

See if you and your neighbors could get more pictures?  I love stuff like that.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

Oh Foley that looks like a pet to have---how cute, are they friendly, I mean do they come close>

Smaarty I found the thread and put it on my favs, except I can't think of anything yet, but I might--u never know.

It's cold here BRRRRR

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited January 2014

Could be part Llama!!

Having coffee then getting to work.  Who knew all I had to do was close down my shop for the orders to start coming in?

Sly and Lil Goats great news on scans!

Shells, hope DH sticks with it and things smooth out this time. Hope you got some rest!

Ducky, do you have a tunnel out the house?  I remember one time snow was higher than my grandparents house and their front walk looked like that pic Chevy posted!

Cami, DH is on a plane headed your way. Unfortunately I didn't have any warm wether to send with him!

Trying to keep up just major busy. Parents are comin this weekend Bawling Long ugly story. Happy birthday to me Shocked  When will I learn??

• gmafoley
    edited January 2014

Cami, because of all the illegal hunters here, we do put feed out for them to take pictures, but we try keep them afraid of humans.. Otherwise, they would be easy prey for the hunters. 

Guess what! My dear Grandsons shared their cold with me.. Had the flu and got better before I went and now a cold. GRRRR. But it was worth the fun and change from my crazy life.

Chevy, you asked for it - Here is one with Gizmo, mommy and  her yearlings/family members:

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2014

That's beautiful!  I know.... when we were younger, DH and his Brothers were hunters....  Sorry to say it now, but we didn't think about it then! 

Couldn't do it now.... don't even like to think about it....   All animals are so beautiful!  And yes, he DOES look part Llama...Ha!

• luvmygoats
    edited January 2014

Gma - that was my 1st thought. He looks very goatie colored. I have seen many similar. In the goat colored world (which you're not supposed to look at for show goats) he would be unusual. Would prob. sell well as pet with those colors. No don't think llama/goat/deer breed. Llamas used for herd protection. Once had to help friend shave her llama. Not fun. She ended up with hunkys off - but we were doing it to make her cooler for summer.

Chevy - no need to apologize for hunting. Deer can be come nuisance. Feral hogs are around here. Deer not as much because of the drought except when they eat gardens. I pass the meat market leaving town. There are freq. goats, cows, pigs there for processing. I vow to become vegetarian but hasn't happened yet. Mine are not really big enough to eat.

I've read goats/deer closely related but just read another posting saying goats/sheep more closely related. But in any case this posting at least says no interbreeding. Most people want deer out of their goat pastures. Deer carry meningeal worm that passes easily to goats (uses intermediate snail host).

Gma - DH has hunting friends thru work. I'll get him to ask if they've seen this. I personally just see the whitetails but then I don't put out anything to attract them. Neighbor has had them eat his garden but even when I had one they didn't. Fruit trees have died from drought so not much to attract them to my yard.

I bought - yes what was I thinking - canna bulbs yesterday. I used to have a bed of beautiful ones out front. I think they were planted where a hedge bush died - in the gap. Years of working/not watering and they're down to a few measly stems. I bought bright orange/red ones. Gosh I will have to get down to their level. Hope nobody sees how I will have to get up off the ground. Guess I prob. need to get some mulch too. The hedge (short can't remember name) has continued to try to grow over the front edge. DH trims it back but I think it needs a scalping but then afraid it might die. I used to plant flowers on the front edge in summer. It does have a drip hose through it. Haven't done it in years and not enough room now where hedge has overgrown. That and prob. an expense I don't need. I could justify the cannas since if they thrive will be perennial.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2014

Littlegoats.... I've heard that the deer, will dig up and eat ANY kind of bulbs!  Kind of like all the fat squirrels around here!  But we put a tray of food out for them almost every day.... So much snow here, that they would be COVERED in snow if they had to eat off the ground!    It's just fun to watch them through my kitchen window!

I just bought some bulbs also... but won't plant until Spring...  That's if it ever comes......Scared

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited January 2014

GmaF  - Love that deer!  We've got white tail deer that will eat about anything this time of the year.  Fortunately they don't like daffodils or I wouldn't have my yellow field every spring.  There are several llama farms (or is it ranches) around our area.  I love to slow down and watch the little ones frolic around in the fields.  As for the deer, we just need to slow down and watch for them to jump in front of the car.  

Off to clean up sewing room so I start new project.  Jan