Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2014

It's a screen shot of something JazzyGirl posted before Christmas. 

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited January 2014

Hey everyone.........I finally got my car doors open.............yea...........see it doesn't take much to make me happy...............think I will go take a ride just for "shits and giggles"...........really don't have to go anywhere...........just to be able to get in my car doors..........yowza....

But they will freeze again tomorrow...........below 0 again...........are you kidding me.......LOL

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited January 2014

I would invite u over Ducky but it's snowing here

Unless u wanna get stuck here for a while

Why not??????

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited January 2014

We are supposed to have snow friday on the west coast - so, maybe you will thaw out and it comes our way..

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Fire.........would love to get stuck with you..........can I bring all the girls........get ready GMA,.....gonna borrow her broom.........we will need a Limo sized broom for all our lovely ladies............put your snuggies on, we're headed to Kracker's house.................wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2014

checking in

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Blondie....hugs......posted to you on the other thread......just want to say Hi again...would you like to go to Firecrackers (Granny) on our Limo-broom.......she invited us..........said she was getting the "white shit", but that's ok, she loves winter...........LMAO........so we just might get stuck there.........

• blondiex46
    edited January 2014

I would definately want to go....posted to you also.

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2014

I used to use a hand held hair dryer to thaw my locks out

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Spookie......it was all 4 doors........I never lock my car (I know stupid, but it is all the way down the drive, and near my door)...........but the doors were sealed shut.........my son could have forced them open, but he said it might rip the rubber molding inside the doors.....besides I was not going anywhere, so I said........just leave it alone......

Today it warmed up to 40, and I tried it, and they opened, but it is going down to below zero tonight, and you can already feel it changing inside the house..........the wind is ridiculous, and whatever is in Chicago now, we will have by tomorrow...........and I heard it is brutal there........my 2 grandsons live there, and they said "we're ready to leave"......lol...but its all over....not just there...........

Just gonna stay inside till this is over.......my son is going to Fl. tomorrow, and Ca. on Thursday and Friday....lucky him.......

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

Morning all

Have mine ready. Would love to come and visit with you all.

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Aly............hey fancy............

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited January 2014

come on over

We can have a pajama party

We just have to wait for Alyson to get her ticket

She should land near u ducky

Hurry up,it stopped snowing

Yes indeed I love the winter!!!!!

Everyone on the thread is welcome

My GD has a 5 bedroom house...

Start makin calls ducky

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2014

Wow! That's a snazzier model than mine!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited January 2014

Im ready! Fk and I can teach everybody how to play rummikub. I played it all week-end. Im on a losing streak right now though. Out of all the games I played all week-end, I only won 2 out of about 10. We're supposed to get some snow tonight, It was up to 64 today, so I'll believe it when I see it.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited January 2014

I'm with you Mary!  60s here yesterday and half the schools are closed today!  Supposed to snow or ice today starting at lunchtime. We shall see!

I survived the birthday and the parental visit.

Took the kids to The Midtown Men concert. It was awesome. All 60s music. You would love it Ducky!  The 4 guys were from the original broadway cast of Jersey Boys. If they come near you it is a really good not too expensive show.

Haven't had a chance to catch up with what's going on other than Mary's new chemo is kickin ass and there's a party at Fires house. Think there have been some clean mommies too!  And GolfGirl should be just about done with rads!!

Sounds like that party is definitely in order!! Let's set a date!

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

4 ......just realized you had not posted for a while.......glad to hear from you.......my oops for not noticing and checking up on you....we usually do that...if one doesn't notice the other does......well your back and that is good......

Sounds like fun.....love 60's music, and more so the 50's........Oh be still my heart......I remember never sitting down when we went to the dances.........I would go on Tuesday night, Friday, Saturday and Sunday......no wonder I was 99 lbs back then......lol

When I started going out with my then boyfriend (who became my husband).....I would be on the dance floor all the time.....he was not a "fast dancer", but he could slow dance better then anyone I knew.......well after dancing all the fast stuff, and wearing myself out a slow number would come on, and he would say "ok, wanna dance to this one"........I would sit, then look at him, and he would say "Don't you dare say NO............lol.............and I didn't.........I would dance, catch my breath, and then when a fast song would come on he would say to his friends......"there she goes again, not tired now is she".....

Those were the days.......and today no matter where I am if there is fast music on, there I am doing the older dances, or out there doing the newer ones I learn from my grandkids..........and my kids will say to each other......."she is not going to be able to walk tomorrow"...........and its true.......lol.....but damn, I sure can reminisce while I'm sitting, about the fun I had the night before............

• blondiex46
    edited January 2014

love that Ducky...I tell the boys all the time that girls love when boys can dance.

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

LMAO............Sandy you are so right...........now you would know these places...........although you are younger then me by a lot, and they probably closed by the time you could have gone.

St. Clements, Phila.....Sunday night

Most Blessed Sacrement..Phila....Saturday night

St. Francis DeSales....Phila...Friday night

St. Alice's......Lansdowne, Tuesday night

Bartram High School.....50's in Phila.....graduated from there.....oh be still my heart......

Oh to go back, even for 1 night.....and we didn't need Pot, Booze, or Drugs, to have a good time.....we got high on dancing..............

Ok, I'm back to reality..........LOL

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited January 2014

Ducky,

For me....ballet in the 50's.......rock n roll in the 60's....loved dancing....( and a little making out)...who needed pot, booze, drug....

I was born across the river from Philly.... was a JERSEY baby......

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited January 2014

let's do the Philly Freeze baby...or the Jerk...or the twist...or the shag...oh man the memories!

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Wow Di.......did not know that.......I have a summer home in Cape May Beach.......can't wait to get back........

You went clear across the country..........your part of the country is amazing......lived there for 1 1/2 years back in the 50's.......Yakima.....my husband was in the Army, at the Yakima Firing Center......loved it there.........so lay back, and what friendly people......

Yea dancing was my thing.........and my kids and grandkids are all dancers too..........when we get together it is a blast..........we are dancing fools....with the radio blasting..........lol.......but as I said "I pay for it the next day.........but worth it.

• marywh
    edited January 2014

Oh I loved to dance too. Still do. Ok, hows this for stupid? Nc has issued a state of emergency for this big snow storm we're getting, only problem is, I havnt seen 1 flake yet!

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Mary, Mary, they are saying on our news that your gonna get it...........keep your eyes open.........

• di2012
    edited January 2014

Ducky, 

One cousin still lives in Cape May full time.

My aunt use to have a "summer"  house on the corner  about 2-3 blocks from the beach  where all the big  beautiful houses  with all the woodwork were located/now bed/and breakfast or hotels. Did you go to the convention center there in the 50's when they had dances several times a week?  They  lived in Runnemede  when not at the "shore."  Last time I was back was when I was 16 and that is when I went to American Bandstand....one time!

(Their summer house was narrow, deep-long house, with 3 or 4 bunk rooms (which I thought was very cool when I was a kid) with a shower in the backyard, kitchen in the back/parlor in the front.  Later they built another house in Cape May with an apartment on top with an outside entrance....it was not as close to the beach.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

Oh what wonderful memories, we'd go to Lake Michigan on occasion but no house or overnight just sand, oh we still had fun, just went 1 day at a time. But Ducky u still have a summer home so every year u still keep everything going.

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

Di....I never went to the Cape May when I was young...it was always North Wildwood....rented a place every year after I got married, and then in 1986 had my house built......

I did go dancing at the Starlite Ballroom on the boardwalk in Wildwood.....so neat, right off the beach..one night it burnt to the ground, and they never rebuilt it.

I love being right at the waters edge, but chose to be off shore....I am only 5 miles from the beach,....if we go we go very early,and leave by the time all the Shoe Bees get there........go back to the house, and spend the rest of the day having lunch on the patio near the pool,while the kids all swim........many of them are grown now, 4 of the 18 married, and now my great-grandchildren come down, including my sweetheart Grayson, who loves the pool,and it is therapy for her condition.....

It is my home away from home in the summer.......just love it

• marywh
    edited January 2014

Cam, Lake Michigan is where we went every summer for vacation. We'd rent the same old cottage every year for 2 weeks. That place was amazing, a kids dream. You could never describe it in a million years. What I wouldn't take to be able to visit again and it be the same......

• di2012
    edited January 2014

Ducky,

I LOVED Wildwood....I would go with my two cousins and their boyfriends to the amusement center (I was too young for boyfriends) but they would let me go on rides and play skee ball and have tomato pies....before PIZZA became a household name. GOOD memories with my cousins, later I shared my bedroom with each  of them (at different times) at my family's home in Seattle while growing up.

Di

• duckyb1
    edited January 2014

We call that part of Wildwood "The Center"........then there is NOrth Wildwood, at one end,and Wildwood Crest at the other end......

The center now is terrible....we rarely go there....it is nothing like what it was...it use to be families, kids, everyone dressed nice......now it is riff raff, t shirt shops with crude sayings hanging in view......really no place you want to take your kids...........daytime fine, after 8pm forget it.

Shame it was nice at one time.........North Wildwood and the Crest are still fine...........