Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited February 2014

This is Stella........my new Grand-dog......

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2014

Ducky adorable....and you know that snow is coming....hibernating til Wednesday and then chemo...

Shelly how r u

Phyllie...so good to hear from you....that is awesome, you make us proud, I love to volunteer.....

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited February 2014

Ducky that new puppy is so cute!!!!!

Cindy AKA Squishy

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Me and my new Grand-puppy

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited February 2014

What a cutie, anybody watching the puppy bowl on animal planet?

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited February 2014

Ducky so cute and the puppy is lovely as well.

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Aly.............LOL

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited February 2014

Ducky......love your grand puppy......mmmm puppy kisses

....you are both so cute.....pretty in pink

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2014

Oh My Dog!!! How cute!!! You aren't so bad either Ducky. Look at the size of those paws. How big will Stella get?

• marywh
    edited February 2014

Denvers blowing it, Im going to bed...Sad

• di2012
    edited February 2014
    HappyHappy

Sorry Mary......but.....YEAH  SEA HAWKS!!!!!!! ....it is louder than the fourth of July here,,,,fireworks over Puget Sound....and We are NOT in Seattle

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Thanks ladies.........Stella will get to be around 40-50 lbs.....she is a sweetheart........it is my daughter's dog.......not sure if you remmember the story of Rocky, her boxer......he died a year ago....beautiful dog.......so sad......swore they would not get another dog......see where that went, but it did take a year........hugs ladies.........what happened to Paton Manning tonight.......the team never came to play ......WOW.....

• di2012
    edited February 2014

Bulldogs would always show before or after boston terriers in the same ring , when I was showing my Boston terriers.....bulldogs were examined on the floor or on a ramp....bostons showed on a table.  My six bostons range from 9lbs to 19 lbs

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

I am considering buying a Boston....just don't know if I can handle training a puppy......I'm not a spring chicken anymore, and it takes a lot to train, even though they are smart dogs, and train easily.......looking for a good breeder......my grandaughter is looking for one too.......

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Was rooting for the SEahawks, although if it wasn't the Eagles I really didn't care, but after living in Yakima, Washington, my loyalty toward the 2 teams went to Seattle..........

Bronco's probably played their worst game tonight.........WTH happened to them........

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2014

S T E L L A is so cute, oh and the lady holding her too. But what a cutie.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2014

There are 3 Boston's who come to our dog park. One is a perfect gentleman, all he wants is for somebody to throw his ball. I'm sure he is an excellent ambassador for the breed. I leave when the other 2 come. They are wild. Spookie is afraid of them, one of them but Kris, and they jump me trying to get Spookie. I'm on Coumadin. Not a pretty picture. No body likes those two. 

Ducky, check into rescue for s slightly ilder dog. Maybe get past the puppy, teen issues. Kris is from poodle rescue, so was the previous poodle. 

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Remember the Chicago wedding....got this from my Grandson, the groom....10 did not attend, but these are all mine, 8 grandchildren and 1 son are missing......

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2014

Ducky, I agree about a little older dog and a rescue. Most purebred associations have a rescue group as well. I volunteer for the city animal shelter and we get some purebreds in from time to time. Usually we send them to the breed rescue groups figuring they have a better chance for placement. You can go to petfinder.com, put in your zip code, specify a radius, the kind of dog you want, approximate age, etc. and they will show you pictures of dogs in your area that meet your criteria. Almost all the shelters and rescue groups post their animals there. Then you can contact the shelter for more information and to meet the dog. Sometimes dogs are given up because the baby is allergic or the people are moving overseas and other reasons that have nothing to do with a problem with the dog.

• di2012
    edited February 2014

Ducky,I would be cautious. with going east PA....due to the amish puppy farms, I used to hear so many sad stories of some of the amish pups and ill health/bad temperment. 

If you are looking for a boston , I can. refer to my BTCA (boston terrier club of America) breeder list.. if I can find it....there is also a gal that is a boston owner, that works for ASPCA in NYC...that may be of help..she is an animal behaviorist and has a soft spot for the breed

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Di.....know what you mean about Lancaster.......yes you do have to be careful.....I usually look for a private breeder....that is where our others came from...........Lancaster is loaded with Puppy Mills...not petty

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited February 2014

My Tigger dog was a rescue, found in a dumpster by an agency.  The vet thinks she is Chinese Crested/Whippet mix. She is hairless except for ears, nose, 4 paws and a mohawk down her spine.  She is a lover but has put on weight over the years.  She is now 13 years old. Not as cute as the puppy, but she is special.

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Gma........all dogs are special.............especially if they are ours...............right.....she is a cutie, and love her little coat.........I will see if I can get the pictures of Stella in her new clothes.............she hated them, and kept trying to eat them........LOL.............I bought her a raincoat......which she hated, and an adorable sweater which she also was not fond of.........LOL

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

She was not happy with any of her new clothes....lol.....

• marywh
    edited February 2014

She is adorable.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited February 2014

Happy

Tigger actually gets all excited and helps me put on her coats - she gets so cold.  She doesn't like the ones with velcro so I make her sweatshirts from the old ones that have warn out over the years. She puts her head through, then hands me her paw to put through. I just smile!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited February 2014

Duckster - you are very cute, too! I guess you're right about being the sexiest, cutest,etc, etc, etc.

Where's Cammi and Chevy this morning? I got up special just now (4:45am) to say howdie.

We're not Super Bowl fans. I got the day off unexpectedly, hardly any hospice referrals due to the game, and my boss said I was working too hard (lots of overtime pay though) and offered for me to have the day off. Boy did I jump at that one. DH and I went to get massages!! Neither of us have had one in over a year, so it was a treat. He's in the VA output alcohol treatment program and more committed than I've ever seen him, so it was a nice break. My permanent schedule is now Thursday-Monday, so I will always have Tuesday and Wednesday off. I like it, get to miss the commuting traffic on  weekends and I can do less hospital visits and more home visits, and have days off during the week, get my appointments and errands done when traffic is down and lines are shorter.

So good to catch up on all of youse. Gonna take a shower and start work early - went to bed at 8:30 last night! Then two days off……..yee haw!