Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited February 2014

Great news Mary - 

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2014

Mary like to hear that YYAAYY

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2014

yayayayay Mary!!

I know ducky!!

Hanging in there 2 more Anthrmyicin and then Halaven!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited February 2014

Hope they stomp the little buggers, Blondie. We got the first of our snow storm today, of course there wasnt a loaf of bread or a gallon of millk left at the grocery store. We're supposed to get 7 more inches tomorrow..Hope not...

• camillegal
    edited February 2014

Mary the weather reports are really bad for u and the states around u too. Geeze u guys usually don't get all this so just stay in (if u can) to much chance for falling, of course snow is soft but still.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2014

HAPPY DANCE TIME MARY

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited February 2014

My Girlies,

Haven't been keeping up, but checking in on my "weekend." Have  a heavy case of bronchitis, so agreed to prednisone, antibiotics, nasal spray and 2 inhalers. Haven't been sick in so long, just ignored the symptoms until my days off. Not complaining, mind youse, have no right to do that with my friends here that are struggling so….. just saying….

DH had another major relapse, this time while I was away, so neighbors called 911, ambulance copay, ER copay, Cat Scan copay…. I asked him to pay it out of his own retirement savings and that's that, on with life. He's working the program, bruised temple , major black eye and all. Sober again, but not me tonight, so high on prednisone and codeine cough syrup I'm headed for bed. Don't worry about me, Hooliegirls, I'm one strong seester… doing just fine.

I hear it's cold as a Warlock's Titty, so am thinking of all of you sweet girlies and your families. I hope you have the gas tanks full, the firewood stocked, the electric bill paid, and lots of ingredients for soups and stews. Myself….I'm nearly vegan, the weather here has been rainy but warm, so I'm sending you my most loving thoughts and prayers..checking the weather reports daily - thinking of youse every day. 

• shellshine
    edited February 2014

P.S….

So don't worry about me, I'm doing just fine. Boss said I'm working too hard, wants me to cut back on the number of referrals I agree to from our Call Center, She said "You are too valuable, I don't want you to burn out. You are a gem." 

Awwwwww

• camillegal
    edited February 2014

Oh Shell how can u not e a gem, u've always been one in our hearts. Now for taking care of u'rself I know u have no choice so just do it--u are really sick my Dear and need to slow down and get lots of rest. And I truly hope this was a one time thing with u'r DH --he has been doing well, he slipped so now the pieces have to be picked up. But u have nice neighbors since u were gone so that was good--he really got hurt, it must have been a rough one. As long as it is settled now--it's u'r turn and what a nice feeling to know they recognize u'r abilities and u'r kindness. So that has to make u feel good anyway. Relax

Yep our weather is sucky for sure, but it shouldn't last to much longer we all hope. It's a stuck in kind of winter, it could way be worse. Bsides I like winter clothes.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited February 2014

Shells, I was thinking of you.....  I just felt like something, somehow was wrong agin....   All I can say is.... It is what it is.   No matter how hard we try, sometimes it is just never enough.  I know it could be worse, although we THINK it is at the time!  

And we always have hope, and we go on....  and we just try and think okay, today has been a nuckinfutz day, but tomorrow will be better.  

No, I wouldn't pay for it either.  Like when they called my Mom, and said Dad was in jail, and would she come bail him out?   She DID!   Now I would have said, Nope, you keep him there until hell freezes over, then I have to get my nails done, so after that, if I can work it in, I might drop by!    Also a 72 hour hold, usually "helps"..... but it's after that, and being able to go hog-wild again.....  and they seem to not care.... 

Just take care of yourself....!  You can really get sick with that stuff!   As you probably KNOW! 

Just thinking of you......

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited February 2014

Time for a group hug - I know I could use one!  Happy to hear from you Shell - I have been sick with 2 different viruses all of Jan and still running lowgrade fever.  The cough managed to flare up my Costochondritis and am having random sternal spasms that lay me flat.  Sinuses and chest are clear at this point so maybe things will calm down soon.  If its not one thing its another.  But CyberHugs always make me feel better, so I'm sharing with you all.  

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited February 2014

GMA........hope you feel better soon.......hugs....

• marywh
    edited February 2014

Oh Shells Im so sorry. Don't have any words of wisdom for you. Wish I did. Gma you too. We are waiting for our big snowstorm today, they already declared a state of emergency for nc. Its really coming down hard right now. should get about 7 inches along with the 3 we got yesterday. That's a lot for us.

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Mary........please stay safe, stay warm........I hope you don't lose power.......we are waiting, and just found out we might get another storm on Friday..............enough already.......hugs.

• shellshine
    edited February 2014

Thanks hooliegirls - believe it or not, I see DH trying so hard, there are so many more good  weeks and days than bad, there is a lot of love and support at our house.  The next day he picked himself back up, brushed himself off, and went right back to his daily treatment program and AA mtgs. They all welcomed him back, without judgement, and I didn't scream and yell like I have in the past, just encouraging him to not give up and stick with the program. 

Have been thinking about all of youse and watching the weather reports - pls bundle up and be safe. Today I have the day off and am staying home and working on projects, like taxes, laundry, cooking for the week and catching up with my hoolies. Sorry for the short absence - was pretty tired all week and the bronchitis has been dragging me into bed early. It looks like it will be a sunny day so will be able to plant some basil seeds for next summer's pesto.

I'm worried about you all today - pls keep warm and safe and let us know how you are faring. DS said it's snowing in Oregon (he loves it like crazy, always has since he was a little kid, so we would try to go on winter trips  every few years or so). I'm looking forward to a restful day - the prednisone, inhalers and cough syrup are doing their magic - no coughing all night - YAY!

Love you girlies, I'll be checking in with you today. Don't behave, now.

P.S. Made some barley risotto last night YUM!!  Here's the recipe (I put my changes in parentheses)

• 4 1/2 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth ( I used vegetable broth from bouillon)
    • 2 teaspoons butter (olive oil)
    • 1 cup finely chopped onion (leak)
    • 1 cup pearl barley
    • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 2 teaspoons olive oil
    • 1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (such as oyster, stemmed portobello and stemmed shiitake), sliced (button)
    • 1 garlic clove, minced (way more than that!)
    • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley

preparation

Bring chicken stock to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.

Melt 2 teaspoons butter in large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add barley, thyme, bay leaf and 2 cups warm chicken stock; bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until most of stock is absorbed, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add remaining stock 1/2 cup at a time, allowing stock to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until barley is tender, about 50 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat oil in another large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Mix in parsley and barley mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon risotto into bowls and serve immediately.

It was sooooo good!

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Shell............sounds delish...........will give it a try............plenty of time for cooking.......LOL.......what else can you do..............you can only walk to the window and look out so many times...........LOL.........

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited February 2014

Not keeping up well with anything on BCO these days. Got on to see how Mary's doing.

Geesh - can you all not catch a break with this weather. Mary I can't believe what map shows for NC/SC. I never think of those as big winter storm catchers though I know mountainous. Glad you're doing better and liver is happier. How's chemo - back on?

Shells - great how valuable you've made yourself to your hospice. Make sure - I know you will - they compensate you money or time off for it. Sorry you've been sick. I made myself emotionally ill watching Buying Hawaii this weekend. Need to spank myself and stop. You are one strong woman. Your DH - does he know how lucky he is?

Ducky - so you've given your plumbing issues to Chevy. The outside faucet is just beside dryer vent. It froze the other day so I threw the drying back in - towels and let 'em rip. Did the job. We never test the front faucet but whatever it does doesn't seem to bother it. I'm sure it freezes but it is in behind the bushes so may get some protection that way. I've learned to throw tons of dirty dog wash towels over the faucet cover and it hasn't frozen again.

Sending my hugs to all you well ones and not so well ones. Pigging out on Olympics but have to get buttski up and do some housework. Where I need to do it there is TV so no excuse. Praying this winter ends soonest. I can't remember a time when we've had 3 ice storms in 10 days.

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Luv......this has been brutal..........they have already declared a State of Emergency in Philly, and I am sure the State of Pa. will follow..........already schools are announcing their closings.........

It is horrible being in the house this much.....especially living alone.........it is going to be miserable for the next few days......just hope we don't lose power.......but this too shall pass......right.......

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited February 2014

Sending lots of hugs. I certainly need one just family troubles with my sisters family but I am the one who has to sort it out as usual and I am just so tired of it all. And I have to be careful I don't leave the computer on as she will read my stuff.

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Aly ............families can kill you............you don't need the stress........hand it off to someone else.........cancer and stress are not good companions........

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited February 2014

Just stopping by quick to give some hugs to you all.

Mary, so happy for you!

Shells, I can so relate to what you re  going through. My ex husband never went for help though which is why he is the ex. My present husband is in recovery and celebrates 25 years of sobriety this Saturday! I never knew him when he drank but he tells me he drank tequila for breakfast, lunch and dinner and had a beer for dessert! Just know that it can be done with a lot of work and support and prayers! Feel better!!

Gma, you feel better too.

Ducky and all of you in this storm's path, stay safe! I hope they close work tomorrow. I hate when we have to go in and then they let us out early so we have a white knuckle drive home. HATE IT! But, calling out is frowned upon and we hear the words "You DO live in CT so you have to expect winter weather and learn how to suck it up" Ugh! At least they are good about closing if it is really bad. We are expecting 8-12 inches. With ICE and freezing rain mixed in for good measure! It is only 17 degrees right now but this morning it was -2 so we are having a heat wave!! Shocked

Hugs to all! xoxo

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Stay safe and warm April........just sitting here waiting for it to begin..........

• shellshine
    edited February 2014

Hey Ducks - what's happening right now outside in your neck of the woods - it's 8 pm - what's happening with your weather?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2014

They are getting hammered again. Maybe she lost powere again?

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2014

Shellie so sorry, you know it isn't about you it is about him...I think of you often, hang in there....wish we all really could get together...in person

Sandy

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Shells.........snowing like hell...............

Hanging in there Sandy..........we're headed for a big one........

This is not going to end till Friday....................GREAT

• camillegal
    edited February 2014

image Here we go a big group hug

• camillegal
    edited February 2014

GMA I am such a hugger it's recockulous When I meet people and I like them I'm hugging the second time around and my friends hug so tight now cuz I enjoy holding their hands and my arms around them--so I'm a hugger.

• marywh
    edited February 2014

Ducky, I wish I could come keep you company. Its pretty quiet around here tonight. most of the snow is finished. We are having sleet right now and may get a inch or two more snow in the morning, but Im fine, just hope we don't lose power. Yuck.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited February 2014

Stay warm you lot, snuggle up and have plenty of hot drinks.