Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited June 2015

Slow, well last night when I got home I thought dang but the foot cream not working.  But then I realized that while the aches and pains are not gone completely, they are greatly improved!  I also have been taking turmeric oil, a dropper full in some juice a couple times a day.  This was a thing from a WW lady, she also recommends cherries!  Hey been gobbling them up as they are in season!

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2015

Lucy,  Is johnny Depp doing another pirate of the carribbean film?

R you on the ocean?

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited June 2015

PTS, I am going to talk to my MO about turmeric oil. I've heard good things about it. I'm glad your feet are feeling better. Can you tell me again what the cream is called and where I can buy it?

This is for GMA. I have the prettiest Gerber Daisy plant on my patio. I'm not good at taking pictures, but I found this picture on the internet. We all need some pretty daisies in our lives!! Gentle hugs to you GMA!!

Hope you're all having a pain free, peaceful morning!!

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

Slow, the cream is called Topricin and I found it at a Whole Foods, but did look it up on line for a description.  It says safe for Diabetics and patented for Neuropathy.  It seems to have reduced the pain so gonna continue with it for now.  Course it says see doctor if pain persists more than 3 days......duh, like all these things hang on longer than 3 days

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited June 2015

If I get leg cramps like I did when I was on chemo, I found that Watkins's White Cream Linament really helped. I swear by it and its all natural.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited June 2015

Thanks PTS. I wrote it down. I'm going to try it. More than 3 days.....unbelievable....I would sure like to hear from someone that's only had neuropathy for three days.

M0mmy, a few of the ladies on these boards swear by putting a bar of soap under your sheet by your feet. It's supposed to get rid of leg cramps. That's one of the few things I don't have but if I did I would try it for sure. Just another suggestion if your liniment ever stops working. I wrote down your suggestion too. My DH hasn't had them in a very long time, but he used to get really bad toe cramps. If they ever come back I now have a few things he can try.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited June 2015

I'll have to keep that one in mind.

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited June 2015

Kathy.. Yes.. Jonny Depp is here filming another Pirates of the Caribbean movie.. and yes I live at the ocean.. I love to walk on beach and forget all my worries while I'm there..

Slow.. Gerberas are my favourites.. And they last so long once picked as well.!

Ducky.. Wow.. 2 sets of twins in your family. It's interesting watching the twins play.. Even when there's heaps of other kids there they still stick together ! You'd think they'd be happy to have a break from each other.!! 😃

PTS.. Hi.. Glad that you are getting some relief with the cream..!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited June 2015

Lucy,is Depp still there because he got thrown out because of his dogs which he took into Aus illegally.

I am busy hpung at a big schools choir festival. I have been doing some filming for some of pieces for the adjudicator.

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

Alyson... HaHa.. Yes.. He's still here... Only his dogs ( his babies.. little Boo and Pistol) got thrown out.. Apparently he flew home for a few days for his daughter's 16th birthday..

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

Here is a photo of my twin grand -daughters and their mummy at their 3rd birthday party last Saturday.... Next Saturday one of my other grand-daughters turns 3 as well. :-)

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

My son., the pirate , at his twins birthday party :-)

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2015

Lucy, adorable

• kathy7
    edited June 2015

Lucy, how fun to have little girls, they are adorable!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2015

What would we do without our grandchildren? I don't see mine very much but when I do, I make sure they know I am so proud of them.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited June 2015

Lucy, Wow! What a beautiful family you have there. Thanks for sharing your pictures!! I think your family also got the good looking gene!! The twins are precious!!

My power will be off and on today. I love how they pick the hottest week to work on the electric lines. It's supposed to be 92 here today. I think it's a great opportunity to go shopping in the next town over!! haha I think I may just have to get a pedicure!!

Love to all!!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2015

How adkrable.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited June 2015

Power is back on!! I had my pedicure yesterday, and went to see The Weepies in Solana Beach. What a great night!! The wife (Deb Talan), was diagnosed with stage 3 BC four months after me. It was good to see her performing again.

It's one of the few times I've been out since my diagnosis. I guess it's time to start joining the real world again.

Hope everyone has a good day - free from pain. Love to all!!

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

Slow... G'day. :-).. Yep it's amazing how they always manage to be cutting the power or plumbing on the most inconvenient day!! Glad you had such a fun day .. Sounds wonderful.. Your post made me start thinking.. and since dx I haven't really felt like going any where much of a night either.. I'm O.K doing things of a day., but come dark I just want hibernate.

Ducky and Blondie.. HI.. 😃

Another grand-daughter turns 3 tomorrow.. So we are off to her party.. I'm becoming an expert at turning the music on and off (at the appropriate times) for pass the parcel. :-) :-)

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited June 2015

Lucy, I've found it difficult to leave the house. My DH and I used to take drives on the weekend and explore different places we haven't seen. It's just been so hard to start moving again. Also, I just haven't felt like doing anything. Now that my RA is doing better, I'm going to start pushing myself to get out more!! Pass the parcel sounds like so much fun. I just love kids!!

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

Lucy, Slow........I hear you..................I so want to do so want to do things..............but when it comes time........I say "the hell with it"............who wants to do things by yourself......what fun is that........my daughters all work.....that is why I look forward to the summer down the shore.........even if it is just the weekend.......its company.

I always start out with wanting to do things planning the week, but very soon it all fades.......I always say "my road to hell is paved with good intentions"..........even going to the supermarket is a chore....once I'm out I'm ok, but it is getting off my ass to go that is the problem...........

When my husband was alive.......(long ago) we would go to the shore house every weekend summer and winter..........then inthe summer always do long weekends.......it was fun, but lasted for 6 years.........the grands were young then, 'no school, no sports, so we could go and stay as long as we wanted...............

Now there is just one daughter left who goes down, and she is getting tired of the "house" being left to her to do.................Nikki, (Stella's Mom) and her family went every summer, but now with Stella's seizures she can't go anymore..........we never know when it wi ll happen, and the closest Vet is 1/2 hour away, and if she had "cluster seizures" she could die before we would get her there.........so she doesn't come how.......and she can't go alone, because if Stella had a cluster of seizures and her hsuband was home alone he could not drive, and hold the dog......so it is a bad situation......

We are going sometime next week for a few days, but not sure when......Makayla has her 8th grade dance, and then her graduation on Tuesday....so probably after that........

Oh well like I say......"shit happens"...........right now it is 4:45am.....I have been up for an hour....could not go back to sleep, so decided........."get up"...........I have the baby today.........Genna told me last night she was working only a 1/2 day..........so it will be a short day................hugs ladies...............

• kathy7
    edited June 2015

Hope everyone is fine and thriving - I have been busy at work (go figure) and no time to post.

You are my "go to" for stress relief!  I look forward to a weekend of sizzling hot gardening.  That is okay, much better than being locked inside airconditioned building with windows that do not open. CLAUSTROPHOBIC...............................I was meant to be a lizard.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited June 2015

hahaha Ducky.....I start with a long list everyday. If I don't write it down, I forget what I had to do. I always have really good intentions, but I find I am easily distracted. Like right now......I thought I would just log on real quick and say hi, but I'm sure I'll be here awhile reading. Then when I look up an hour has passed. When it's time to go back to what I was doing, I can't remember what I was working on. So, I have to refer back to the list.

Also, I'll go to say something that's really important during a conversation (at least I think it's important) and by the time it starts in my brain, and it's on its way to my mouth, I forget!! Then people are looking at me weird because I started talking, but totally lost the thought. I may think of it again down the line, but then I can't remember who I was talking to when I had the thought. hahahaha

So PTS I ask you, is there a cream that I can rub on my brain???

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

My kids tell me I have a bad habit of interrupting people when they talk.............now here is my problem...........instead of actually hearing everything clearly that someone is saying....I am listening, taking it in, but while I am doing that I think of what I want to say back to them...........and if I don't sya it right away , I wi ll forget what I wanted to say..........LOL

So that is my problem....

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited June 2015

hahaha Ducky!!

That's normal in my family, but for different reasons. All Italians talk over each other!!

When we would visit my Grandmother in PA, my Mom was a bit louder than the refined PA Dutch family on my Dad's side. They never said much because they were so nice, but their eyes sure got big!!

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

as a PA dutch person, they were just being normal and quiet!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited June 2015

LOL

Yesterday was the last day of school for my kids! I'm just as excited as they are.

Our air conditioner stopped working Monday.... the 105 degree day. I'm melting! The repair guy was just here.... won't be fixed until sometime next week.

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

I figure the same cream I need for my stupid feet should also help with brain fog, we just need to find it!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited June 2015

Poppy, I remember those days well. I couldn't wait for my kids to get out of school!! I hope you all have a great summer with lots of sun, sand and s'mores!!

Holy smokes....not a good time for your air to go out!!

PTS, that's so true. My Grandparents on my Dad's side were so normal and quiet. I loved going to visit them in Elizabethville.

Wouldn't it be nice if a cream was made for everything that ailed us? I'd be a walking cream factory!!

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

There is a cream that helps everything.. ICE-CREAM :-) :-) :-)