Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2015

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited June 2015

oooo, of to the ice cream store!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited June 2015

Lucy!! ThumbsUp

My favorite cream!!

Just a quick check-in. Making homemade ravioli today. We bought a new rolling pin that should help cut down the prep time. I'm excited to use it. Love to all!!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2015

Yep me 2, my father pa dutch, frombhrgins pa, they were quiet...we went once a month

Slow i know u r happy, hate 2 cook

Ducky down the shore?

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

Hi Blondie......no shore this weekend....my grandaughter had her 8th grade dance, so wanted to see her tonight, then on Tuesday is her Recognition so will be going to that...........

Will be going down on Wednesday morning sometime....probably come back on Sunday.........imageOk here is Makayla, me, and my LE arm................

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited June 2015

Lovely pics Ducky.

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Poppy...........She is my youngest grandaughter of 18......................she is 14 years old, and she starts high school next yesr........her mother is my youngest daughter......
  • proudtospin
    edited June 2015

you have lovely grand kids Ducky, slight bit taller than grandma!

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

Yea............LOL...............she is 5 ft. 9...........her brother is 6ft.2, and his growth plates have not closed yet...........plus he has scoliosis which has knocked about 1 1/2 inches off his height.......................he wears a brace to bedevery night...........the Dr. said he should have been 6 ft 6 in. but may only hit 6 ft. 4 because of the curve in his spine when he is done growning........

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited June 2015

Ducky.. What a beautiful, beautiful, photo !!

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

Thanks Lucy.....she is a cutie..........here are a couple more....thought you might enjoy them........imageThis is her Mom and Dad.......my youngest daughter

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

Here she is in her Dad's Corvette on her way to the dance.......It was his mid-life crisis purchase........LOL......image

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

This is another one of my daughters......she will be 57 in Sept....and Bobby's grandmother....image

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

Here she is again with Genna, my grandaughter, who is Bobby's Mom, and the grandson of the previous daughter in the green shirt.s........LOL......image

• blondiex46
    edited June 2015

Beautiful family ducky u r so lucky

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited June 2015

Great pictures Ducky!! You know how I love looking at pictures!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Had a little party for my son today. He turned 25. I can't believe my baby is that old already. It just dawned on me that I didn't take any pictures. I can't believe I forgot.

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

Slow....my "baby" is 46, and my oldest will be 58 next month......I find it so hard to believe.............everyone says "time goes by so fast"..............trust me, that isn't just a saying..........It is true............

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2015

Slow Breaths,

I think massaging your head, professionally, increases blood flow and thoughts.....and who cares if it doesn't - it feels great!    You don't care about thinking!!

Lucy - do you do your own dough for ravioli?  That sounds so good right now.

ducky, she is gorgeous and she looks life a freshmen in college; With good poise,  some statuesque girls do now wear it proudly, but she really does !

Had a great weekend, except poor husband had to fix well Saturday, and that made waterpressure issues, Sunday, But we did it!  Nothing like plumbing to bring a family closer....................!

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

Slow.. My goodness.. How quickly the years pass.. and nothing makes it more real /shocking than the ages of my children.. They are 32, 30 and 28.. In fact, I have even thought that I should start lying about the ages of my children , to make ME feel younger.. I could possibly say they are 26, 24, and 22 ?? Ah yes.. That would make me feel more youthful :-) Such fun.having a party for your son. !!

Blondie.. Hi.. How are you.??

Ducky lovely photos of your grand-daughter.. and I love your son's car.!!

Kathy.. HaHa.. I wish I could take credit for that yummy home-made ravioli.. But Slow made it..not me... :-)

Busy day tomorrow.. Morning tea at DH parents house.. Then lunch at our daughters..Sounds like a nice (fattening ! ) day :-)

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

Hi Lucy.........my grandaughter has recognition night tonight......(that is what they call it now)....it use to be Middle School Graduation.......so I will be there of course.......she is brilliant so I expect people will get tired of hearing her name called out......she is a straight A student and all her teachers really like her........

That is my son in law in the car Lucy....he is my youngest daughter's husband.......he bought the Corvette a couple years ago...........we call it "Baby"........I'm shocked he doesn't sleep in it........like I said "mid-life crisis".............well I guess that's betting then cheating huh.....LOL

Going to the shore tomorrow and will be back Saturday night........suppose to be very hot here but also lots fo showers..........and they expcet rain today too.........

I have to buy a dishwasher for the shore house, and I don't mind, but the cost to instaall that bitch is ridiculous...I got prices from $125.00 up to #200.00..........the stinkin a/c only cost $4.00......

No attempt to fix it cause it is 29 years old..........owes me nothing, but I love it........they told me they possibly could not be able to get the parts...........so new it is..........

Oh well shit happens right...........

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

gee Ducky, guess near you there are no big box as in HD or Lowes?  they do not charge for install at least in this area.  I need a new dishwasher soon. Had a new microwave over the counter thing installed recently by HD guys and do not remember them charging. my dishwasher has a crack on the side and it will give way one of these days so want to avoid a mess

oh well off to start my day

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

Proud they charge here.....it was $135.00 for install....$15.00 to take away the old one......and $19.00 for then install Kit

Lowes was $189.00 install..........

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

gee, sorry to hear but unless you want to use a local handi person....you may be stuck

I have a local guy who does odd jobs for me, he is very reasonable so I am able to save there

• duckyb1
    edited June 2015

THat is what I need.......rent a hubby......lol

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

I will give him your name and number!  I have been single long time and have as long as I have had my house, I have always had a rent a hubby for odd and not so odd projects.  Course the last two were a tad chubby so my current one I found at my gym, no big tummy!

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

PTS..

HaHa.. So good to have a rent -a -hubby without a big tummy. :-)

Ducky.. Ugh.. So annoying about the dishwasher.. In the good old days , we could just go out buy something.. and the seller automatically delivered it to your home , installed it, and took.the old one away.. Not so now.. Even if you order a new dining suit it comes in a flat pack. you pay to have it delivered . and when you open it the timber is cracked, or some pieces are missing.. or something else is wrong !!

• blondiex46
    edited June 2015

Hey lucy whats up w u

Ducky...pretty nice here today 77, how is the shore

What is everybody up 2

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2015

So, proud to spin - you hire your handy man based on his physique? 

Can't imagine what other qualifications would be more crucial.............

Blondie, I have been working........trying to keep up..  I am suppose to take a week off the week after next, however we are probably not vacationing, so in a funk.   The last year has been a funk.  I need a bonfire and throw some funk on it. 

You guys are like my closest and safest friends right now and I actually will probably never meet you personally... What an odd world, but I appreciate that you are here....wheverver here is?

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

Kathy, not did not hire my handy guy based on physique but the last couple of guys just happened to have big bellies! and had issues with bending over to fix plumbing under my sink.  so when the last one developed health issues (nice guy but currently in the hospital with a stroke, well it was nice to find someone with no belly.  Since he is from my gym, he is in good shape

I chose em based on price and availability really.  Since I live in a town with lots of Sandy redevelopment, everyone needs to be liscensed also