Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited April 2013

Red just another little note,since there are not too many stage 4ers on this thread, My dx with stage 4 was last aug. when they gave me app. 4 months. Today my mets are almost gone, and Im feeling good.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2013

Oh Mary, that made me so happy to read that! No one has an "expiration date" stamped on their forehead. So many people have been given a prognosis that they most defintely outlasted. So here is to many YEARS of showing the doctor how wrong he/she was! For all of my Stage IV sisters, that is my hope for you. xo

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited April 2013

***standing and applauding for mary*** We're so happy you are spending time with us, your own little nutcake asylum. :)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited April 2013

You guys are sssoooooooFUNNY, It was a dark an stormy night, oops wrong story. It was dark, I decided to sit up and his head was coming done. We clunked foreheads. For me it was right above the spot where they did the bone hole for brain surgery. It hurt, but we laughed hysterically. Until the morning and I was listing to starboard(left?). Now know I stirred those crystals, Should have added WHAT?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2013

Ah geez April!  Yes, you silly thing!  Isn't that Motel 6?  How do YOU know so much about it?  Hmmm????? 

Oh Mary!  Perfect!  Yes.... it's only a number, right?  Only a stage.... we don't care for stages.... I remember one time I had to paint a mural for a play when I was in grade-school.  I remember fainting going down the steps....  ..  No.... I don't like stages.

So ah-HAH Sassy!  Next time just lay there.... damnit!   Your forehead.... I would have cried, instead of laugh!  

Maybe we need a girls-night out!  I mean seriously!  I'll see if those same guys are busy....  get back to y'all later! xoxoxoxoxo

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited April 2013

Mary.....everything April said.....❤

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2013

Ok I'm back.i will never be able to catch up but I do no about Red.a little birdie told me.

Red darling....we are all with you.Only GOD knows when our time is up..Im prayin for you right now.

I'm still in a funk...had an allergic reaction to only GOD knows what....ill be without teeth till July 1...that suks.goin to the gastro dr.cause now I cannot go to the bathroom.tomorrow ill know more.enuf said...

I missed all of you very much...I'm pulling myself out of that black hole as of NOW!!!

Hugggs kantalope

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited April 2013

Oh Red, I am so sorry to hear your news.  PRAYERS and (((HUGS)))) for you and your family.  You are so strong I see you proving them wrong. You're a fighter. 

Mary, congratulations for proving your doctors wrong!

Granny's back!  Yeah.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2013

Hey Gran you missed my "fireworks"........looks like I might have the same shit ....(literally)......that you have......in the hospital for 3 days.......told I had a mass....did colonoscopy.....now being treated for ulcerative colitis.........actually they don't know what the hell it was, but it was swollen, 2 inches in the CT scan, and full of ulcers......not to mention bleeding....ok, enough info....

Glad your up and running again.......hugs

• FireKracker
    edited April 2013

Yes Ducky once again we are walkin together down that ugly road.

I did have bleeding ulcers...that can be fixed with diet.

And the shit keeps comin..

Since my sons surgery in feb.the shitstorm keeps comin.

Beta days ahead...without my teeth.ha

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2013

Granny, I have a picture of you I've been saving, it's of you when your teeth are all fixed and you are feeling better!!!

photo 263f1075-0275-4f57-92a1-21af2558cf79_zps93406e06.jpg

Whaddya think Red? She'll probably look this cute, don't you think?

Chevy - you stay out of it, we just got Granny back, don't go getting her riled up.

• FireKracker
    edited April 2013

Shells....you are sooooo sweet.i sure hope my teeth look like that when this is all over.

They are perfect.thank you.

I don't think Chevy will pick on me just yet...give her a little time...right now she is plotting and planning what to say....

I said enuf today...I'm real tired.gonna do my stretches and go to bed.early drs.appt.tomorrow..

I will be back.

Hugggs sistas.kantalope

• raysnbucs
    raysnbucs Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2013

Today I had an appointment with the Gyno, who will be removing my overies at the request of my Onco. In scheduling the surgery the nurse was reading the standard questionaire to me. the last question, was "do you have any other major health issues" I had to laugh, "um yes, I have breast cancer." She laughed and appologized. It must be so common to them to just read them off that it's just done. After all she knew I have breast cancer. 

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited April 2013

Hi, been away on a short vacay with my DDs families...now catching up.  I appreciate each and every one of the candid posts that bring us all to a place of feeling so less alone in our pain.  Better than 2 months of therapy....I can relate to so much.  I was one who stayed...but still not sure why.  Just easier, I guess.  One thing for sure....we will always have peaks of joy and valleys of darkness.  It's staying on the even keel looking straight ahead that I try to do.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited April 2013

Wow so much in such a short time.....

Red I am so sorry, but if my dr. told me a time period, I would slap him and yelll loudly, you will be here for a long time......slap him next time...

Ducky. my bf daughter is 36 and has ulcerated colitis so I understand what you are going through and Granny you also.....good luck.........hang in there... Ducky IF YOU NEED ANYTHING CALL ME AND I WILL COME OVER....and bring you whatever you need, we are 20 min apart and I am in your area often.....I know you have kids but dont hesitate..

chemo was ok they had a phillies party with hot dogs, potato salad, macaroni salad, chips, popcorn, sodas, baked beans, sourkraut, chili for the hot dogs, cake, brownies, cookies, veggie tray.......the oncology unit is so wonderful to us......got chemo down to 5 things plus zometa....slept from 8 til 12.30 am and have been up since then and it is not 359am....they have the party every year, actually I moved my chemo til today cause of it, lol..

bbl

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2013

red

I am so sorry. As others have said, no one has an expiration date stamped on them.

(((HUGS)))

Cheryl

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013
    Ah Geez Princess!  I was about to send in the rest of the Hooligans! 

Yes, Red is in the midst of a hospital take-over.  We have to be on our best behavior so they will let her go...

We are all going to gang-up on that team of hers, for telling her such a nucking futs THING!!!   I hope she flipped them off, on her way out.... IF they let her go!

Sorry about your empty mouth...  It's hard to talk, Ha!  I KNOW, because when I take my top plate out, I not only LOOK empty and stupid, I SOUND it!

Hope your gastro-guy gets you straightened out...  Tell him your options now run into either dynamite or a bull-dozer.  See if he gets the picture.  

If you can't chew, how can you possibly eat food?  You would think soft, like baby food, would blaze right through you.... NO?  Just let us know what he says..... otherwise we'll have to take matters into our own hands....  WE, the hooligans will go shopping.... WE will come up with warm milk, Ex-lax, Milk of Magnesia, Castor Oil, a 10 pound bag of prunes, and a 2 liter of prune juice.    THEN see what happens.

Good Lord Ducky.... We leave you alone for a minute and you fall to pieces... (Isn't that a song or something?)   Ducky.... seriously... Make a Wal-mart run.... get some Aloe-Vera juice.... in a gallon jug.  Drink about 1/2 C a day 3 times a day mixed with any kind of juice or tea.  I promise that will help at least ONE of the things wrong with you.  I had a bleeding ulcer also.... and honest, it worked! 

Shells!  You little instigator you!  That was such a cute picture of Granny K!    If I DIDn't get her riled up, she would just sit there and mope!  She would turn into a cranky little turd.  She would just chew gum and eat chocolate covered peanuts.... shutting herself off from the world....  So that's my job.

Rays!  WHAT?  You are giving up your ovaries?  Oh well.... maybe you don't need them anymore?   So I'm assuming you do not have your uterus, right?  I  think they will take them as a precaution....  So you won't have any more problems..... 

You are kind of new to all this....  But we'll help you through it...  I love your "Footprints" quote.  This was my Mom's favorite also....  And just believe all those words.  We will ALL carry you.

Now little Joan.... What do you mean  you "stayed?"...  You must have been down that deep dark hole with Kantalope...  Sometimes we all have to be brought down to our knees, so we can get back up and maybe be a little stronger, or be able to face what ELSE comes our way.   I remember once, when I just couldn't go on another minute.  I dropped down on my knees, and just sobbed a river.... I hurt so much.  But THAT also eventually calmed down and I got through that day.... and then the next.... I prayed so hard at that time... I just needed help...I felt so alone.   We have all been there....  And look at me now.

I'm just plain nuts....    I mean nucking futs!  Ha!

Blondie.... You live close to Princess Kantalope?    You should go over..... liquor in one hand, what-ever smokes well, and snacks!  Sorry about the chemo....  But partying with the gals sounded so fun!

And morning Cheryl!  I have such a quick mind, I'll bet you were born in 1946!  Am I right?   Don't tell me if I'm wrong....  I prefer to think I am right.  

You are right.... NO-one knows when our time is "up."......  I prefer to think I will live forever...  and my Husband will always be there with me.  And my dog....  xooxooxoox

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

• duckyb1
    edited April 2013

Pray for Boston and surrounding areas....it is horrible......what has this world come to......

• april485
    edited April 2013

Yes Ducky, it is indeed horrible. My baby (my youngest) lives within a 5 mile radius of where they cops are right now. Her best friend is in Watertown. My daughter is a prisoner in her own home as they are ordered to remain in place which I am glad she is doing. It is like a war zone. She said that cops are EVERYWHERE!

Pray for us everyone. This has become our new reality. After Newtown, I was hoping the violence would stop for a while. But alas, it has gotten worse...so sad..so so sad

I am going to my final set up appt today for rads which start Monday and then I will be at my Dad's house for tonight so no internet. You all behave (Chevy) ok?

• april485
    edited April 2013

My daughter is in Somerville locked up in her apt. I am so scared. See how close it is to Cambridge and Watertown? OMG, I want to drive there right now!

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited April 2013

April, I would be scared too, but she is a smart woman and knows how to stay safe. Just keep texting, emailing, calling to reassure yourself she is ok and hang in there. Hopefully it will all be over soon.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited April 2013

April - Praying for her as I type - that she will be safe and sound.. 

• april485
    edited April 2013

News says may have stolen a vehicle and may be headed my way to CT. All exits off I-84 are blocked off and they stopped a commuter train and searched it that was heading to NYC. YIKES...they really don't know where the f-k he is!

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Hi gals.... Yeah, I'm just watching the news also.....  It just makes you sick....  To think of that happening in ANYone's neighboryood, is unbelievable.   It's like a war-zone....  I would be so afraid!  At least they have one of the bastards.... I have faith that they will get to the bottom of all this, and make sure all that were involved will either be dead or captured. 

I don't CARE about them.... I don't care about a fair trial, and I don't CARE if they "are innocent until proven guilty.... or if they bring them in dead or alive....  I'm hoping it's all ended for them, before there IS a trial. 

Sorry..... but the older I get, the less patience I have.  It's all just sick.

Don't worry little April.... Your Daughter will be okay....  Love you all..... xoxoxoxoxo

• duckyb1
    edited April 2013

Sandy.....thank you....you are such a good and caring person....that goes both ways.....if you ever need anything PM me......hugs

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited April 2013

April.....thinking about you and praying your daughter will remain safe.

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2013

RED checking in, got home last night about 9pm, promptly hugged the boy and the dog and passed out. Went to rads today and out for breakfast then came home and passed out again. I have days of sleep to make up for.

Mary, your words were so encouraging, thanks so much!

My thoughts are with all of you in the Boston area,

Love ReD.

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2013

Lol. I love it! All my earrings fit too. Awesome!