Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2013

Good morning all---I'm up early--so it's a matter of time before I take a nap LOL---My computer can do al kinds of things that I never imagined possible. But I finally figured out the person using it has to know how to use it. But I lose posts, all of a sudden I hit something and a whole nother world comes on screen--I'm not techy at all- I taught myself this much and that's it. I accept my being inadaquate in so many things, I just add this on as another.

RAIN today and right now---I'm chilly. so we'll se how today goes---I'm going out to lunch today so I'm glad about that--I really am, I just don't always feel like going oit. Oh well.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited April 2013

Just popped in to get my morning laugh before going off to work, but I wanted to say to

Cami......have a great time with your HS friends today.... 💃

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Thanks Scottie come back after work--lots going on here lately--LOL

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited April 2013

Oh, you know I will.....❤

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2013

Oh!  So you two have this little talk thing going while we are asleep! 

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Chevy we wait for u'r sleep and it's not long enough for us. LOL

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited April 2013

Cami, "My computer can do al kinds of things that I never imagined possible. But I finally figured out the person using it has to know how to use it." SO TRUE SO TRUE. I could run and troubleshoot all this friggin techy stuff in the hospital, but to use Word Perfect I'm lost as well as all the other stuff.

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013
    It's just fun being around you guys, when most of you know so much MORE about stuff than, say like...ME!!!!! 

I was going to look up "hypotonia" Shells.... but then I saw "Approach to the Dysmorphic Child" and I thought.... "Oh the hell with it!"....  If your brain is working that diligently, well gal, ya' better keep eating those Wheaties... I don't need to know some things I guess.

Scottiee, you and my daughter.... both with flimsy sinuses.  She IS taking an antibiotic to help her though... Sounds like I have to crochet  you two a "drip bib."  "Christine"!   Now that is a pretty little name! 

Sassy, I have SAVED more of your posts than you can imagine!  I mean in case I might need that information.  And yes, I asked both my GS's about knowing your Son from Florida State, but I never got an answer for that one...  Oldest one is busy being stressed out about him and his GF closing on a house next month.  THAT, and working together, and BEING together 24/7.... So we'll see if all that youth and energy can survive all THAT together-ness-ness!   I say that's a little much, but who am I to throw little thoughts into the mix?  So I don't.

Now "emullation "... A bunch of names of cars came up...  So then I looked up "emulation"  (and my spell check was happy.)....  "To duplicate".... Ha, ha!  Sas, you are so far ahead of me with knowledge, I wouldn't even TRY to duplicate what you know! 

Princess Kantalope!  Are you back?  Let's see..... 4 short sentences she writes....  but at least that's something.  If you stick around long enough, maybe we can help you too! 

Not much we can do about October coming up, OR removing all things pink from the planet.  Besides a bunch of us babes really like PINK! 

And don't pay any attention to Komen....!  Don't take it personal.  Just stay around to talk to us, and read what Ducky has been up to.  DID you see what she DID on that plane?  I was aghast!  I mean seriously!   And appropriately SO. 

But you had another allergic reaction?  Can you figure it out, or I'm telling you, if this problem gets into the hands of an "allergist" they will tell you to GO HOME and figure out what you are doing wrong!   OR they will subject you to those back jabs, which is not only time consuming, but BORing as hell! 

Actually after they found out WHAT I was allergic to, I had a custom made serum, which was then injected INTO me, periodically,  and I was finally cured!  But yours doesn't sound seasonal...  It's either something you are doing, eating, smoking, or being around something like highly toxic ammonia? paint stripper? or epoxy!  Bug spray?

Boy I KNOW about THIS one.  

Or could be "internal"  like a hormone imbalance.... I had THAT once.  Found out by them injecting me with estrogen....

(I had kept track of how often these hives came back, and how long they stayed.... once a month, so I asked for Estrogen, to see if THAT could be the problem.)

Well several hours later into the fray, my face ballooned up, it was covered with blisters, my eyes watered, and I was in  trouble with a capital T!   MORE Benadryl....  blah blah!  

That's when I had to go back on "the pill."   And no more hives.... 

Cammi, as much as I would like to claim being a member of the MHC, I can't honestly DO it!  Now I feel left out!   I missed my chance, and God only knows I can't honestly do it now!  It's hard enough just to get strapped in that seat!  Without thinking of climbing all over those arm rests, and figuring out if that seat will go back FAR enough, and making sure I am next to the RIGHT one! 

Yes Joan.... copy and paste....  it saves me a lot of time and fretting!

So you will wait for me Cammi!  Ha, ha! 

And Sassy, yes, I will never understand SOME things this computer has in it's mind....  But if I just leave things alone, I am a lot better off.

Okay.... time to jump in the shower... going to wash off a bad night of sleeping.....  Love you guys.... xooxo

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Phil (?) or whomever mentioned Darvocet--proproxyphene and acetominophen. off the market now--FDA recalled it and asked for production to stop b/c it caused heart rhythm irregularities( I thought it was b/c of liver--dr. google'd it to verify and it was b/c of above). Percocet--oxycodone and acetominophen 325mg, Tylox- oxycodone and acetominophen 500 mg. Vicoden and lortab/lorcet---hydrocodone and acetominophin. Acetominophen is generic tylenol. Right there with Shells on tylenol. It's hard on the liver and kidneys. Amount of acetominophen in 24 hours reduced from 4000 mgs /day  to 3000 mgs/day last I knew. Tylenol can be trouble, reserve for fever.  I do the same thing as Shell --get plain oxy when needed.

Also, Nsaids and tylenol used on a rountine basis can lead to permanent Hypertension(HTN) "Journal of Hypertension'  August 2005, this article identifies connection in women. A follow up study published in 2007 identified the same connection in men. (Shell it was a metanalysis study for both). My hypertension, I swear was caused by tylenol, used it for years as a sleeper. Suspicious in Feb 2006 with dx of HTN. DR Google'd Keywords--Tylenol and Hypertension which brought up the 2005 article. Considered at the time to be a breakthrough study with the conclusion that the same approach was going to be used for determining if there was a connection in men. That study was published in 2007. UGH.

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Chevy I like the way u can jump in the shower--I have to take my time. And my knowedge of all this is very confusing to me too so I just go with that I know--that's why some of my posts are so short. And spelling well my fingers just go to the wrong all the time and I don't spell check--I'd be on a post forever so I let it go.

Have a good day.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited April 2013

Ladies and Charles, good morning! I just love this topic. You are all so wonderful. Chevy, lovely quote/poem/thingy this morning.

I'm taking a few minutes to enjoy the comments on here, the quiet outside and my lovely non-fat latte before things get started today. It's 27 degrees and a little snowy.

My MO's nurse called me last night to check on me and apologize again for postponing our appts yesterday. Dr. Wants to talk to me again about the chemo drugs we will use. I sure hope my brain feels like working today. She also wants to present my case to the local multi-disciplinary cancer conference this week. Kinda scary??

I wish I had shell and sassy to go with me today!

I broke down and took an oxycodone last night. No barfing, no hallucinations, no migraine or any other headache. Yippee!

You people try to behave today. Oh nevermind. I want something juicy to read in the chemo chair!

Phyllodendron

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Phil sweet of you to have such a trust, but essentially clueless about chemo drugs except AI's/cytoxan/taxotere as they were the drugs I had. But willing to do a search on whatever they recommend.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited April 2013

Good morning everybody. Well I geuss Ill jump on the band wagon too. Yesterday, I found 2 new lumps along my incision scar that are scaring me to death. 1 is about the size of a peanut with out the shell. the other is a little smaller.I am terrified, of course...this is where they found my first mets, thought the lumps are different than those before. Dont really want to tell anybody cause it will just freak them out. Dh was up all night worrying. Had to tell him cause Ive got an appointment tomarrow to get it checked out at oncs. office. Am really having a hard time functioning today. Not really looking for advice as Ive been dealing with this shit for 5 years, just looking for a little cyber hand-holding from people who get it.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2013

Mary....I'm right there with you.....hugs and prayers......

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited April 2013

Mary,

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited April 2013

Me too!

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Mary I'm glad u'r seeing u'r onc. All i can see is alonthis this way they have found a few new lumps on or near my incision and it turned out to be nothing.  So let us know what's going on.

• phgraham
    edited April 2013

Mary, thinking about you and hoping for the best for you today!

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Oh Damnit Mary.....  We get you straightened out, and then something else comes up..... Your appointment is tomorrow?   Let us know.....

I'm hoping it's just some sort of something that isn't anything to worry about!  Since it popped up so fast, maybe it isn't anything to worry about.

xoxoxoxo

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited April 2013

Mary - I'm a lurker, but I want to hold your hand and wish you well.  Jan

• phgraham
    edited April 2013

I'm in the chemo chair, waiting for the juice!

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Hang in there Phyllis....!  Thinking of you! xoxoxoxo

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2013

Let's all hold hands for Cammi and phg, and Red and Granny, Blondie andGmaFoley, April and Mary,  and all of our lurkas (female for lurker friends) and ourselves. God Bless every one of you beautiful women (and Charlie).

photo ScreenShot2013-04-23at70442AM_zps65b9eeda.png

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2013

Thank You Shell.

Can we have a group hugggg.

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Yes, group hugg!  Hi little Kantalope!  You doin' okay?  xoxoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy