Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2013

Report of clincal trial so far-

Whew! I am starting to feel the exhaustion I heard tell of. I can barely function. I am not sure if by Thursday I will be working in between or driving the 45 -50 mins by myself. I feel kind of spaced out (is that what you all felt like?) and dragging big time... not myself as I am usually fairly energetic. This morning I barely made 1/2 mile on my treadmill and I stopped. Normally I pump out 2.5 to 3 miles every day.

Also, the sting is starting. But, as a frame of reference, I am on treatment #13 in two days if I was having the regular 33 trmt protocol..13 is approximately 40% of 33 in case you are wondering how I came to that. But, tomorrow morning, I am HALF WAY THERE!! 50% done with trmt #5/10!  A tiny tiny bit of pink near the nipple but no other color/skin changes that I can see. I don't suspect I will see that until after I am done as that has been what has happened for others in this trial. Only ONE person had really severe peeling the RO told me. The rest was mild to moderate.

I don't have much of an appetite today. I felt nausea again this morning and I made sure to eat some protein (Greek yogurt) before rads. I brought soup for lunch but couldn't eat it so I left it in the fridge at work and might have it tomorrow. That is about it so far. Just really really tired. Could also be other things though, who knows?

Mary - hugs and prayers

Veggy - ditto above

Princess Kantalope - same for you

All of you - huge hugs and know that I hope whatever is ailing any/all of you is something that can be made better or at least, allow you to be pain free whatever drug works for you. I can only take percocet. Vicodin, tramadol et al, not so hot for me.

Ok, really tired and DH built a nice fire so gonna veg on the couch and watch it. Being bad tonight. Getting pizza even though I should be having high protein. I want something that might stimulate my appetite plus I don't have to cook it..LOL

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited April 2013

I'm feeling pretty good today. I had to make something out of leftover chicken and I did! Yeah me! It's in the oven. My oldest son is on a rampage today. We're all ready to hang him up by his toenails,make him wear the white suit that makes you hug yourself and gag him. He might be calming down by now but I'm not. I need some booze.

Hugs!

• april485
    edited April 2013

I used to be a bartender. Taking orders...what will you have Veggy? I am buying (and making them too!)

• veggy
    edited April 2013

I'll sit between to Captain Morgan and Jose Cuervo. Jack Daniels can give me a massage. Jim Beam will be my server. I think I'll have Long Island Iced Tea...extra strong.

• april485
    edited April 2013

I like the way you think. LI Iced tea it is...not a drink for an amateur..lol

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2013

Hugs to all, checking in quickly. Today was 4/15 on rads, upped meds slowly may be making a difference not sure yet. Checking again tomorrow, no great falls today so I'll take that. No pain either to speak of which is always good.

((((Hugs))))

RED

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited April 2013

I'm not going to ask anyone to stfu, but gheesh I thought I was caught up and now am 3 pages behind again....
    will catch up later when I get home from work...my early night!
    Veggy, for now, let me send you a Long Island Iced Tea from Long Island

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2013

Oh so, well, I used to work at COORS!!!  Ha!   Can't stand beer....  Okay, wait, I'll fix me a White Russian.... WITH whole milk.... damnit!  If YOU guys can drink, so can I!  NOW are you all jealous?

Oh so YEAH!  I was ALSO a bartender, but we only served Coors beers and Coke.... Ha! 

Veggy, chicken?  You innovative little rascal you!   I cooked up some carrots with butter, and made Lacee face some cooked rice with chopped carrots in it, and a little chicken bouillon. 

We took her to the Vets today....  Okay, now get this!  SHE... (dog-face) has ALLERGIES!  Of COURSE she does.... just like her MOM!    Something about "figure out what it is.... blah, blah....like it could be this....blah, blah, or maybe this, and we could test her thyroid....bla, blah, which is $120 ....... but here is some ear drops for the itching, and give her Benadryl, which ought to knock her on her furry little butt, and get her some Vit. E....  which I looked up, and they give Fish Oil to dogs, which I have.   So I mixed the rice and carrots in with her liver and chicken and kibbles!  I know MEN who don't eat that good!

I will fix her....  I know SO well how fun allergies are....  but my dog?    Geez, Kantalope, you and Lacee....  Two of a kind....  except Lacee doesn't raise as much hell as someone ELSE I know!    You can come here, and I'll fix YOU some rice and carrots!  And put drops down YOUR ears.... and brush your hair, and tell you I love you..... Ha, ha! 

So April!  WTH???  Are you getting radiation?    Don't go gettin' sick!  Nothing worse!  Can you take a friend?   Go get Veggie.... she needs a break from that Son of hers.... She wants to hog-tie him and string him up by his boots, I think!    Might be illegal.... but you never know.  Just take care of yourself.... I was in a clinical trial once....  I had to quit my Asthma meds to do it, and I got sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick with Asthma.  I was probably in the group that was getting "nothing".... a "nothing pill".... So therefore, I got in trouble.  Took 2 weeks to get over an asthma attack!  So pay attention to any SE's that don't seem right....  unless they bring snacks and drinks.  That makes it easier to put up with any kind of trauma.

Sassy.... so guess what?  I KNOW I will never get over Eczema.... not never, "ever."..... I can just relieve it...  which means ignore it as best you can and keep creaming, and STFU!   However.... I CAN make it feel better with the trunk of creams I now use, AND my little gloves that I got at the Dollar store!  I am elated!  So when my fingers blister, just STFU, and get busy....   It comes and goes....  damn stuff!  So that's my complaint for today....  which is nothing compared to what you, my girls are going through!  Love you all....xoxoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013
  • veggy
    edited April 2013

YUM!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited April 2013

First time Ive laughed today. Thank-you...

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Little Mary.... that's what we're here for, girlfriend! xoxoxo

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited April 2013

Mary.....I'm with you tomorrow and sending prayers up starting now!!!!

Chevy ...you snooze, you lose...💃...BTW my sinuses are my Achilles heel!!!!...if I sneeze the wrong way, boom sinus headache, sometimes requiring antibiotics sometimes I just suck it up.

Camy....how was your lunch date????

Granny....glad to see you are posting again....❤

April.....don't know if this helps you or not but I quite frequently get nausea from Letrozole and cannot eat at those times, plus I was getting too thin so an ex nurse friend of mine put me on to Gravol suppositories....a half of one does the trick most of the time.

Can't take it orally because I just bring them up....After about 30 minutes....nausea gone

and I can EAT.....💃

Everyone whom I've missed ....big hugs from me...(((((())))))

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited April 2013

Thanks chevy, nope they are gone, they came on the 10th of april

and ducky and chevy that is why I rent...

i have been off for so long and there are 7 pages to catch up on, damn

Red so sorry

mary too funny...

chemo tomorrow, zometa, gave me the flulike symptoms....

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2013

Sandy....was hoping you we're the winner at the Deli in Folcroft........big win.......hugs

• blondiex46
    edited April 2013

for what, don't go in there much!!! Know the owner tho!!!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2013

Chevy----im gonna get you for that shitty food.....not now cause im still not functioning but i will shove that shitty food down your throat...

yeah im back

slowly but surely.Tomorrow i go to the surgeon just for a checkup....and get my blood results too.

wish me luck

huggs kantalope

(((((((((((((((((((Veggy)))))))))))))

• blondiex46
    edited April 2013

hey granny long time no see...

• FireKracker
    edited April 2013

i have been lurkin...just tryin to pull myself out of this funk.

How ya doin Blondie?

• blondiex46
    edited April 2013

good how r u?  lurking....we can help with the funk!!! CHEVY CAM SCOTTIE where ru ?

• FireKracker
    edited April 2013

this funk betta be over soon.I keep sayin that and Bam something else pulls me down.

When you reach bottom the only way from there is UP.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2013

I just got home and comfy--had a great time with my GF's. and I come back here and whoa all the posts--this is the right name for this group.

But I did like coming back to so mny nice hugs--what a eautiful feeling, then I get Chevy moaning about something and Granny yelling at her and who's lurking and not talking geeze what a plce.

And I do feel bad when someone isn't feeling good so that's where I'm going now.

April u'r having rads ??? but it sounds so different I forget everything and if it is I don't know how u'r doing any work cuz after a few times they exhaust u.

Mary I hope u'r feeling better and hang on.

Phyllis done for the day, I hope? Now u'll be able to tell us all how it went. and I hope it went well for u.

OK now about me--Hmmmm-Hmmmm- shit I'm still boring.

• Scottiee1
    edited April 2013

Blondie....WTH....I just posted a little while ago....I'm still trying to get over this bloody

sinus stuff....😹....give an old gal a break.....💃

Oh Granny, it does my heart good to read that mouth of yours......love it....please tell me to STFU and make my day.....lol

Girls, I'm so excited....one of the gals on my 2013 survivor thread is running for the cause and a bunch if us are going there to run (I say run loosely 😜) the last few laps

with her. A few of us are driving together from Toronto to Chicago to spend a few days

there and then on to Iowa where her part will end. This will happen the second week in

July.....check the newspaper headlines at that time .....Scottie's coming to the good old

USA to kick up her heels and raise some hell....💃 The Canucks are a comin....😱

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Scottie that is so exciting wow now u really have some fun to look forward to this summer--we will welcome u to the Windy City.

• Scottiee1
    edited April 2013

Thanks Cami....so,looking forward to this!!!!!!

• veggy
    edited April 2013

Scottie - when you go to Chicage you might be passing through my area. It would be interesting to find out your route.

Blondie - I have chemo tomorrow too...Abraxane and Zometa.

GrannyDukes - when are you coming in?

Good night everyone.

Hugs!

• Scottiee1
    edited April 2013

Veggy....Chicago is for fun.....The marathon is in Iowa.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited April 2013

My chemo today was blessedly uneventful and the benedryl gave me a lovely nap.

After talking with my MO about the radical change in the number and frequency of my headaches (with and without tramadol), she ordered an MRI of my head/brain. I will have that done tomorrow morning. My brain was not scanned at MDA for the staging process when they scanned chest and abdomen. She is concerned about stroke risk and I'm concerned about mets. Boo!

Maybe they will find the big honkin' hole left from chemo instead of something worse. At least I'm used to the big hole!

I'll be back tomorrow to try to catch up!

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Phyllis I hope the MRI is AOK--that's one thing for sure is they take a test for everything which is good so they stay on top of everything.

• Scottiee1
    edited April 2013

Phyllis.....good luck tomorrow. Will be thinking about you.