Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited April 2013

Mary....My prayers to you that the new chemo will kick some ass....((((())))) They seem to be coming up with new tx everyday now....I'm praying hard one has your name on it..❤

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2013

Crap, Mary! I hate this for you, although my news was really no better. Paralysis or paralysis basically... Don't think surgery will help and not sure radiation is helping. If I choose to do surgery I need to make up my mind this week it's a scary thought and we are weighing all options very carefully before doing anything at all. I just told my boy that I will be in this wheelchair probably forever which isn't expected to be all that long, wasn't a great thing to do but it was time. Guess that's one weight off my shoulders unfortunately now it's on his. :(

Love and hugs to you all

RED

• Scottiee1
    edited April 2013

Red, what a brave thing you did telling your boy....couldn't have been easy. I'm sending the same prayers up for you that some new tx has your name on it. Can't imagine

what you are going through trying to make a decision about the surgery...((((())))))

• redheadinwv
    edited April 2013

Thanks, wasn't easy but needed to be done, wouldn't have been fair for anyone else to do it, he's mine and it was my job. He's a great kid and he did so well with talking about it. So proud of him although I know he's hurting he hugged and kissed me,vnd told me he'd do whatever to make me happy.

Love him. :)

• Scottiee1
    edited April 2013

Red, he sounds like a wonderful boy and must be a source of great comfort. I have two

sons, and although they drive me crazy at times, I can't imagine my life without them .

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited April 2013

Oh Red, Im sorry. Thats so hard to do. Havnt had the heart to tell my kids anything yet, even though they are older it still freaks them out. I hate this frigging disease with all my heart. My prayers are with you. Need to take my own advice and never give up hope.

• redheadinwv
    edited April 2013

Mary, it was hard but it was time. I couldn't keep it from him any longer and expect it to be any better... So I bit the bullet. It sucked but it's done and a huge weight is lifted. Now it's out and we can talk about it and not have the elephant in the room. I guess it's worth pulling on the big girl panties for. :)

• Europa
    Europa Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2013

Happy Birthday Ducky!

Mary and Red, My prayers and good thoughts are with you both.

Lurker Euro.

• marywh
    edited April 2013

On a lighter note, you girls that "helped me" with my future mother of the groom outfit on OMG, future dil is coming over to show me some dresses shes picked out. do you think I should show her the ones You picked out for me?Laughing

• redheadinwv
    edited April 2013

Of course. Let her see the real you!! :)

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited April 2013

Don't forget the boots!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2013

Happy birthday ducky...hope you had a great day.really great.

Red,Mary and the rest of the gang that are goin throu hell I pray for all of you every nite.

I did not go to the surgeon today...2 friggin days with this ugly,itchy,burning rash..

And I'm not goin to pa next week..goin to the allergy dr.for tests on what the F this shit is.

Chevy...just make the liver...ok? I do love it but without teeth that will have to go on your bucket list.

After reading 3 pages I don't remember anything else.

Veggy...ill keep you posted on when I'm comin...gotta find out first.

Big huggggg to all my sistas...

Princess kantalope

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2013

Thanks ladies.....the day is almost over, and another year begins for me.......may it be a good one..

Prayers to all who are hurting tonight......God help us all.......hugs....

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2013

Thinking of you Mary.

Red - so glad you have a good husband, thinking of you, and Cammi, Veggy and April.      I always worry I will forget someone.

Studied 8 hrs today, taking a break. 

photo cde6d9a1-765e-4e13-a566-6d4b8acbe6bb_zpsd3f62d00.jpg

• veggy
    edited April 2013

Steroids keep me up all night and makes me believe I'm hungry. Chemo sucks!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited April 2013

Holy crap, miss a day and a half, and there's three friggin pages. (Said in Peanuts voice).

Veggy at least get some laughs, I'm goning to get the link on you tube for jeff Dunham, he's a ventriloquist. His characters are Peanut a woosil, Walter an old curmudgeon, Achmed the dead terrorist, Jose jalepeno on a stick, Bubba, Melvin(I don't like melvin). My son started me on them at Christmas. I watch them at bedtime many nights on my kindle. Be back with link!

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffdunham

• Scottiee1
    edited April 2013

Morning Cami...just having my coffee but kitty deserted me this morning. She has jumped onto the dining room table to get a better view of the outside world....lol

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2013

Morning Scottie--I'm a little late gettin on this morning, my comp. was having fun with me. And my coffe is so good this morning and I'm laughing cuz my kittie is at the window looking at the world too. hahahaha --we could be neighbors.

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Red and Mary My prayers go with u too, I don't know how u do it--my kids are in their 40's so it's easier for me to talk to them, even thos I didn't tell them right away, cuz crying isn't my thing. With all these new medical trials and new chemo something sounds like it could help.

And why don't I remember about the dresses--have no clue but show u'r choice too, after all u do have u'r own personality. I go different ways with stye sometimes I like something plain and then I bling it all up with accessories and sometimes I need no accessories cuz they are all in my clothes. But I have gotten very bif on scarves as an accessory colors, blingy ones--they dress up alot of things when needed plus it covers my boobless top, cuz I don't wear anything-to uncomfortable. So make sure whatever u decide it has comfort for u otherwise u'r miserable in any outfit.

(((HUGS))) to both of u

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited April 2013

Good morning, beautiful people. I have to go back later and catch up on the last bazillion pages (that happened yesterday). I'm having coffee and trying to psych myself up to take my Zelda chemo and then go to PT. blech

I'll do it, but it's hard to make myself swallow the stuff that makes me feel awful then go do the stretches that sometimes hurt like a mortar forker. Still waiting for brain MRI results. Hopefully today.

That is my morning whine. I'm sure that after I catch up with reading here, I will feel like an ungrateful snot for posting my silly whine. Now, I will STFU. :)

Phyllostina

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2013

Morning girlfriends!  Got ready early this morning to go get my emissions test.... AGAIN!!!  Damnit!  We went yesterday, but they couldn't DO it, because thise damn emergency brake light stays ON!  Has for the last year!  Nothing wrong though, just stays on!  Well, they could not test it, because of THAT!  So after waiting in line 1/2 hour, getting UP to where they TEST it, but he came back in.... We had to back up my car, and go get the damn light FIXED! 

So instead of fretting and moaning, I said "Let's go where Janie gets her car fixed!  It's just 4 blocks from here!".... I drove over, the nice guy came out, looked under the hood, poured something in this little thing.... then wiggled this long thing in there..... and finally the "float" became unstuck, and the damn light went OFF!  Stayed off, too!  He would not charge us ANYthing, because he knows our Daughter....!!!   We will use him to put new tires on my car.... He was so nice!

So this morning, I go....  Waited another 1/2 damn hour.... finished the testing.... waiting in my car to go, and they COME OUT AND SAY THE COMPUTER WENT OFF, AND THE TEST DIDN'T REGISTER!...  SO!  I didn't say what you are thinking!  I THOUGHT  it rather snotilyy, but I just went BACK inside, waited while they drove the damn car back around, waited again.... retested, called me out, and I finally got to LEAVE that place!

I went and got a Starbucks!  Pretty soon, I am going to lunch with my Daughter, and her friend.... So the rest of the day will not be such a bitch.

Thinking of you Phyllis!  Smile  WTH is a mortar forter?  Is that what I think it is?  Ha, ha!  Or is your spelling a tad off?   Let us know what your results are!

Gotta run take little dog-face for a walk.... be back later! xoxoxo

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited April 2013

It's confirmed - I feel like an ungrateful snot.  A really big ungrateful snot!  About 15 minutes into PT I started feeling a bit better.  Thank you all for listening to my ungrateful snotty whine.

April - holy cow! That's a heck of a trial.  How are you feeling today?

veggy - I'm so glad that the team fixed you up with the appropriate refresing adult beverages....and very sorry that I missed it!  Also sorry that you feel bad from chemo.

{{{{{{red}}}}}}}}

mary - so, so sorry about the progression.  I hope the next chemo is the right one.

cami - so glad you had a good time with your GFs!  The hugs on here were nice too.  Especially when the group hugs turned into alcoholic drinks!  And NO! you are not boring.  I love reading your posts!  I love you and Scottiee visiting in the mornings.

Chevy - please feed the princess something besides liver and chicken and kibble.  My stomach cannot take the thought!  BTW, I have some of those wax teeth that I can send.  And yes mortar forker is what you think it is.  I'm on my big girl computer now and can use notepad.  It's amazing!

Shell - I have absolutely no idea how you do everything you do.  You are amazing! You would be a role model for me if I had any intention of doing more than nothing right now.

Blondie - I'm sorry but I forgot what I was going to say.

Princess - typing on an ipad/pod is the pits and I'm glad I don't have one to worry about!  Actually I made that up.  I would love to have one.

Hi lurker Euro

Anyone that I forgot, I apologize.  Just ask Blondie, I do it all the time.  I suck.

I have an appt with a counselor today to see if I need to rid myself of some anger and hostility. Bahahahahah!  I hope that she's a keeper and I can be polite.

• marywh
    edited April 2013

Oh my G lets talk about anger and hostility...dh thinks I shouldnt be so angry, we just havnt found the right chemo yet.WTF? After five years? He is in denial. Im sapposed to be strong.Oh stfu. And I never say that. Its like Red says though, time to put my big girl panties back on. When all I really want to do is sit back and feel sorry for myself, but that even pisses me off more. I geuss I should just take an ativan since I dont drink and STFU myself. p.s future dil coming today to look at dresses for the wedding-any of you familiar with the OMG thread-how about one of those tin foil numbers?ha-ha.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited April 2013

Mary did you see the duct tape wedding dress??? Couldn't find it but this one will do LOL:

duct tape

• marywh
    edited April 2013

Oh isnt that hysterical?! Ds would look rather natty in the tux too.lol.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited April 2013

Mary and Red, Granny  {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} Mary I will go look

Agreed Red very hard and brave...

absolutely you mary who is she unlesss she was helping to pick out dresses...

good afternoon phyllis, how are you this fine Thursday, my family dr. told me I should go to counseling to talk about everything, a good idea, have to find one, the boys have one but she dozed off the last time I went, so feel bad but not going there again.

Chevy mine inspection has been up since October, have no money to fix the car, drive it tho need to go to chemo among other things. Have fun at lunch...

Well I slept last night, slept from 9 - 12 then took benedryl and slept from 130 to 630 when the alarm went off....feeling fine now and figured out that the problem was the steroids, it is like speed, I am buzzing and can't STFU, lol

• veggy
    edited April 2013

Mary - You asked for it and here are some new styles to choose from...

foil and duct tape (above)

• marywh
    edited April 2013

Oh Veg, thank you so much! I kind of like the little number with the tights, that would be so good with the boots chevy picked out for me, dont you think?I could dance and kill bugs at the same time!

• veggy
    edited April 2013

Accessories....

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Mary u have to show DIL those pics. So funny, I'd be laffin.

Phyllis u snot u--I haven't said that word since I was a kid--I love it, my return new word Thank u. and U don't whine , u're telling us what's going on so just keep on going on.

Geeze I pray they find a newer chemo for u uys--ther's so much new stuff someone has to know something about it--I hate this for u and Blondie u'r having such a hard time with this. I just feel bad.

Shell u are amazing as Phyliss said, U must have a bettery charger somewhere u'r hiding it from us. Where does all this energy come fom Are u sucking it out from the rest of us.. Is that u'r super power???

I get a liver scan tomorrow, the last time I got one the Dr. told me I have to stop drinking (about 3-5 yrs ago) it was doing a number on my liver--I don't drink at all. So this new Dr. will probably say something similiar but I will just humor her and tell her I'll stop if she says to, Make her feel important. Blah tests I hate them and the bldg. they're in.And I'm not worrying about my liver it's my side that feeling like shit and my back, but the back we know what it is.