Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited April 2013

Yippee!!! Just got the report on my head MRI - all clear! Well, it showed sinusitis, which we will treat, but still great news.

Now I can get back to my pesky ways and have some fun!

Phyllis

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2013

Phil.......great news.....our prayers work.......hugs

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2013

Phyllis wonderful news see it showed a brain, now u have proof. So happy for u.

• phgraham
    edited April 2013

cami!  You're right, it's always good to have validation! ..and to be able to prove it to my son was the icing on the cake

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2013

Great news Phyllis

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited April 2013

Oh yay, Phyliss! So got my pet scan results back today. Not as bad as I thought they would be, 3 tumors on chest wall, but no new activity in my liver. May have a new primary cancer in my right boob, but will not take the time to do surgery right now. 1lymph node also lit up on the right side and some suspicious activity in my thyroid, but as long as my liver and lungs are stable, can deal with the rest with chemo. Now I have to figure out why the hospital has charged me 12,000$ for chemo when I have insurance. Thats what the hospital says anyway...What I want to say is STFU!!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2013

Have any of you gals watched this?  It is soooooooo cute.... with the Mama Panda and her baby boy.... I've watched this off and on since he was born, but right now they are playing together, and so sweet!    I just love those two.

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/pandacam/

It's at the San Diego zoo.... a live cam....the little guy is still nursing, but learning to eat his own bamboo!

Yes!  Good job Phyllis!  I'm so happy for you!  Yes, be pesky and have fun!

Talk to you all later.... xoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

chevy how cute, and the child in u lives on. hahaha

Mary good news for u too. And They might have started u'r chemo a day early or something stupid and the first thing the ins. company didn't give the official OK but resubmit and they should pay for it.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2013

You guys I just heard George Jones passed away.... I loved his music....Cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VExw77xJsBQ

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Chevy ys I heard it this afternoon too. :(

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited April 2013

Good morning Cami and any other early bird....yay it's Saturday and I can have my coffee in bed and not rush off to school.

Phyllis....congrats on the MRI....seems you and I are dealing with the same issues...

I was banging my head off the wall with the pain so my massage therapist did a drainage for me. She was also going to do a neck lymphatic drainage but wants to speak to my MO first, just to be on the safe side. It got worse before it got better and this morning I'm pain free....yay... sinus pain is definitely no joke.

April.....congrats on finishing rads and a double congrats on being "smoke free"

Cami....you are amazing .....I'm griping about my sinuses. WTH ....I hope you get some

releif soon...❤

Shell....I'm another one who gets exhausted reading your posts....have mercy on an old gal here...need to,preserve what energy I have left.....lol

Mary....still,praying there is a "cocktail" with your name on it.

Ducky....peed my pants over your plane story....cracked me right up....

Hey, didn't Granny have a get together yesterday or have I lost the few brain cells I have

left????

Red....Hi to you....you OK?

Off to have lunch and a bit of shopping with a fellow colleague....she lost her husband

to cancer of the brain two years ago....he was only 58....they were a beautiful couple,

so much in love still.....she still cries if we mention his name, such a heartbreak!!!!

Cami....my disloyal Kitty has left me for another, one of my sons, I think....lol

Ok....I've missed a few, including Chevy, BTW....you OK?.....but will try to check in

tonight if I have the energy after my lunch and shopping....ah, shopping, my passion!!!

Ok, Christine...STFU and go and get some more coffee girl...😷

Have a great day everybody......please try to behave until I get back. 😇

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited April 2013

Good Morning-friends, have been working on an issue with a member. Wanted to share with you all the note below b/c of it's importance. Hope you find it useful Sassy

(members name deleted) Glad the link helped. If you get the AARP magazine this months issue (probably dated may 2013) , there is a story about the safest hospitals and what safety procedures that are in place that cause them to be safe. The article cites that 180,000 people die a year due to medical/surgical errors AND 400,000 drug errors are made a year. The articles states that these numbers are likely higher b/c these are the ones that are reported. I agree. I know you've seen where I've said on the threads "Sorry etc for too much info, just want too make you(BCO memebers) safer". Guess I should stop apologizing for writing stuff in this regard. These numbers are higher then the last set of numbers that I had known. The problem is either getting worse OR there is better reporting. I'll go with better reporting.

It cited that one of the safety items was having an ICU Intensivist. It cited that only 35% of hospitals had Intensivist. I was dismayed at this percentage since residencies for Critical Care Medicine have been available since the 1980's. Truly thought by now that the "industry" would have been driven by demand for better care that this statistic would be 70 to 80%. ICU medicine is absolutely in need of a specially trained doc. Just as in all subspecialties of the American Medical Association(AMA), the knowledge and skills of this subspecialty are critical to survival when a patient is at this level of need.

I'm going to post this on the threads, I'll take off identifiers. My hope is those seeing this will locate a copy of the AARP article. Read it throroughly. Then question there local hospitals on each item. Based on what they elicit re:safety of each facility, they can choose the safest hospital near them for care. It can mean the difference between life and death, and or avoidable complications. Spreading the word to others regarding this may save lives.

Your description of where your friends daughter is now is typical. So, the care may have been fine or she recovered in spite of them. I'll go with the care b/c of your description of how she appears now. What was truly lacking here was the communication in lay terms to the family of was what was going on with the patient. All the lay person then can do observing is assume, as in this patients case, there appeared to be fractured care delivery and choas. What can the untrained person concluded observing this. As in all care, communication is the center of it all. Very often even the care givers question what the recovery will be. AND then the patient pulls through. Continuing with evaluating the records will lend a lot to the understanding of this event.

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Hello, hope everyone's better today. Thinking of you all L&H&P's sheila

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2013

Hey guys, checking in. Rads wiped me OUT yesterday, but today is a new day. Feeling like 1/2 road kill not 100% so no complaints. Just had some oriental tea and a key line yogurt getting ready to have hubs help me get dressed, my aunt is driving in from Dayton today so I am resting up to see her. Can't wait!

Hope everyone gets relief from sinus crap, it is the WORST!

I'll be back later

Love,

RED

• phgraham
    edited April 2013

Red - so glad today is a bit better for you and you have a fun visit today!

Sassy - great info, thanks for posting.

I'm doing better this morning. Made some tea and had some breakfast then loaded the dishwasher! Kidlet was cooking for me yesterday and last night and that yields great eats but a huge mess. So glad I felt up to a little cleanup.

Hoping to feel up for a walk today. Was too achey and nauseaus for it yesterday. I'm very sad because my son is scheduled to go home tomorrow. Sniffle.

Another beautiful day here. It's sunny out and the birdies outside sound wildly happy. I think I will take my tea out on the porch and join them.

edited to add porch photo

• bhd1
    bhd1 Member Posts: 173
    edited April 2013

it is amazing how insensitive people can be

• duckyb1
    edited April 2013

My smoke detector battery is dying......it is hard wired with battery backup......it has been beeping all morning.....it is very high up, and I am very down low......even if I was 7 foot tall I don't know where the hell the battery goes.......SEE THIS IS WHY HUSBANDS SHOULD NOT DIE..............In 2 seconds I am going to rip this F----R right out of the ceiling........I can get just high enough to do that.............

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2013

Use a broom and knock the damn thing down, that is what I did lol!

My hubs did come home and fix it that evening but I would have smashed it to bits to shut it up. I understand!

• phgraham
    edited April 2013

Ducky, maybe a gunshot? Or throwing a hammer at it? That way you can stay on the ground..relatively safe.

• phgraham
    edited April 2013

Whoops, red's answer is, of course, better. I'll STFU?

Phyllis

• phgraham
    edited April 2013

Here is my new freezer stash that my kiddo cooked up for me for chemo meals:

chicken and noodles (heat and serve)

Vietnamese soup base, just add protein

twice baked potatoes (heat in oven)

samosas filled with mashed potatoes, onions, green peas and curry (bake or pan fry)

With all of this, hopefully I won't be too tempted by fast food.

• duckyb1
    edited April 2013

Sounds delist......thoughtful kid.......

Went in the shed to get my 6ft ladder and its not there.....either someone borrowed it, or a workman thought it was theirs and took it......the M/ F/ er is still beeping, and someone took my friggin ladder........now I a really pissed......

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited April 2013

Ducky, call the nearest high school and ask if a basketball team member needs a community service credit. He won't need a ladder.

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Ducky, last time mine did that, I thought my tinnitus  was just misbehaving., beeped for ever so long, till someone said "ah did you know your smoke detectors beeping? BTW happy belated BIRTHDAY !!!!!!

Phyllis, love the veranda, always dreamed of having one. :)  What is the vegetable that's stuffed?

bhd1 welcome here !

• duckyb1
    edited April 2013

Ok, hit the frigger, knocked the guts out of the ceiling.......the SOB is still beeping, while hanging for dear life........think I will put on my Bose headset (can't hear shit with those on), and pray the battery dies.......does anyone ever think of "short widows, who live alone and lost their 6ft ladder to some asshole when they install these suckers.......

Oh and for kickers, I caught my finger in the "shed lock" trying to open it, to get the ladder that the asshole took, and now have a blood blister on my index finger the size of Mt, Rushmore, and its the Lymphedema arm....Holy shit.......Hallelujah......someone pass the Vodka....

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Passing the vodkla Ducky and the asparagus and mushrooms, should be well relaxed after all these !

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Hope this link works. Killer Whales having fun chasing a boat. If link doesn't work it was on MSN

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=51674595&#51674595

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2013

Well - I got up early today - YAY! But at first wasn't anyone here to have coffee with! Wrote a nice long post to y'all and just lost it. In a nutshell:

Ducky, you should be a comedy writer. Red - you made me laugh. Phyllis - I wish I could join you for tea on your porch - wonderful kids to cook for you - I did that for my dad last month when my mom went to look after her sister. Family rocks.

Duckygirl - here's a good article for you, cut and paste it exactly into your browser - googling it won't get you to the right place: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2780155/

Have fun Scottie!! Chevy  did you win big yesterday? Hi Sas, Cammi, Blondie and Wren.

And you Grand Central Station hooligans - where are you - did you have fun?!! Are you hung over???

bhd honey, what people were insensitive - was anyone insensitive to you? Let us know and we'll take care of them for you.

Wellllll, drumroll....today is the big day - I take my online final after two weeks of studying. The deadline is tomorrow at 12:00. I studied all day yesterday and took a rest yesterday evening. Heading to Jazzercise at 8:00, taking the dog with me for a nice long walk after, do a little more review at Starbucks then come home and nail this sucker. DH said he would great a zen-like haven here for me when I get home to take the test.

Wish me luck!!  After this I have one more test to make up on Wednesday, then last day of class that afternoon, then a reunion get together Weds evening with my old co-workers, a day off, then breast reconstruction surgery, then 10 days recovery YAHOOO...then I start 6 weeks of my delayed pediatric clinical practice.

I didn't tell you all this little secret but I will now: when I have the breast reconstruction I'm having my upper eyelids done at the same time!!! Never ever thought I would have cosmetic surgery, but since I'm in the OR, under anesthesia with a PLASTIC SURGEON.....if I had more money I might have even done more. I hope it all heals by the time I start pediatric clinical - don't want to scare the poor little kids during their physicals....

I'm so happy I got to sleep early and woke up to this beautiful day. I'll check in after the final is done. If you don't hear from me I might be drinking manhattans, except I don't have any liquor here, would have to hit a bar. It really is a beautiful day - so happy to be up early.

Aloha ~

Michelle

• phgraham
    edited April 2013

Sas- the samosa is like a potsticker dumpling. It's an wonton wrapper around the filling.... and delish!

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Phyllis, YUMMMMMMM and your DS made them? Has he been caught yet? Dh cooked, loved it till he edged me out of the kitchen LOL

Shell is break a leg theater style better than Good Luck. GO GIRL. How delish treating yourself to the eyework. Are you doing lower as well? Thats the one part of my face that gives away my age. Have gotten some pricing, but bathroom flooded and waiting to finish the repair & remodel before my repair & remodel.

Again you can certainly pack the schedule sista,