Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

new and future flat sister, with questions

Options

Comments

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited June 2013
    Options

Looks like you got your rest Wirdgirl :)   I'll nd the fallbacks too.. original klutz here and now totally out of shape.

DD is correct and if I recall DLLP is dear lesbian life partner.  LMAO on the MILF! We should all be so lucky to be shaped like a dolphin I think!

• gramwe
    gramwe Member Posts: 238
    edited June 2013
    Options

Now who's being naughty? Lol You get the prize DD is dear daughter, AND DLLP is dear life long partner, I had to be told about the second one.

The funeral was good, the nicest word to be used for a funeral. I ended up being a bit daring I guess you would say. A black cami, with a sleeveless cowl neck shirt, it plungered much deeper than I would have worn with boobs, it draped in a way that gave the illusion of boobs, the cami had strategically placed double sided tape, my new must have accessory. I could bend without fear of the hole, or scars showing thanks to the tape, and the cami was tight enough to keep the dog ears in check. So all in all it was a good look. : ) Oh I guess I should add that a pair of tapered pants, and flats completed the ensemble. Didn't want you to think daring meant bottomless!

Now my latest problem. I'm having more power surges aka hot flashes, than a power station during an electrical storm, and our air conditioning has gone OUT. Add in a back that's hurting and a 7 year old that says GRAM every 3 seconds. I'm just a weeeeeeeeeee bit testy. In the words of Bobo. F femara. F cancer. And someone send the OG a protective cup, if he doesn't get the ac fixed. End of rant.

For $300.00 an hour they would have to bring the dolphins to me. Life adventures are wonderful, just not so expensive.

Can't wait to hear party details.

Hugs. Going to try a nap

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

They do bring the dolpins to you.. you get your own dolphin to swim with and cover with kisses lol. 

I'm glad the ensemble worked out, and it sounded very nice and I was glad to hear you weren't flashing everybody, either up top or below :)  On top of the bracelet cabinet, OG will have to make us some nice lingerie chests for the camisoles, so please try to refrain from making him sing soprano until then lol.  Camisoles are my new best friends... I had never wore cowl necks much, but I think that is about to change as well. 

Hating this weather and I used to adore it.. I am like a swollen beached whale.. I think one more day of this heat wave and then it will probably snow.  Joe is off getting some ice cream and I'm sure I will be happier then :)

Send the 7 year old to help OG "fix" the AC... I hope he gets it up and running!!

My new distraction for walking to rads is to count how many women are wearing the bracelets and I can tell you that while 1 out of 8 women may get cancer, 1 out of 4 women are wearing the bracelets.

I think I just heard my ice cream pull up!

• gramwe
    edited June 2013
    Options

When the hot grammy starts witching the OG goes fishing. Lol. He did get the ac working first, he's smarter than he looks. Plus he covets his jewels.

Time to light the grill. Hugs

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited June 2013
    Options

Oh my goodnes, ladies, I am clapping my hands with glee at all the posts this morning!

Wirdgirl you are a naughty one, so welcome to the naughty group! We tell it like it is, and I will join you all in a big F cancer, I refuse to give it a capital c, is so not deserving. Neither does your rotten biopsy Bobo, lets just kick them to kerb in lower case!

Doliphins were here most  of the day yesterday, but alas the camera and I had a hard time catching them. I, at least got plenty of exercise running back and forth trying to get a shot.

Colin met the Dolphins at Monkey Mia in Western Australia. The rules are very specific about how you behave whn you meet them at this place. You are not permitted to sit in the water, but of course Colin has no choice, so the Dolphins were very inquisitive about this man sitting at their level in the water. They surrounded him, and set up doing thier "clicks", he said it was the strangest sensation, feeling the sounds go right throuhg him. They nudged and rubbbed themselves against him, just knowing that he was different.

My only Dolphin story, has a celebrity story attached to it, but I won't be making a habit of these old stories, Miss Bobo.

I lived for a year or so in Surfers Paradise, in Queensland, in my late teens. The year prior to moving there, I had met David Cassidy, and his entourage in Melbourne when he was touring Australia. One of the entourage, a photographer and I had become friends, and had kept in touch.  David came back for an Awards Show in Melbourne  that following year and when they called, my Mother told them I was in Queensland. The next day they arived in Surfers for a weeks holiday before going back to the US. As soon as the word got out that DC was in town there were invitations from all over. 

One invitation that we all wanted to go to was Seaworld. This wasn't just a normal show, but a show put on specifically for the "Star", the rest of us just happpened to be there. Well, bit was sensational, acrobatic water skiers, performing seals, but best of all the Dolphins who came right up on the side of the pool to be petted and smooched with! It was wonderful, and I have never forgotten it.

Now, Gramwe, I am so glad you managed to find an outfit for the Funeral, and I totally understand the "Risk Taking", Colin often comments onhow I probably wouldn't have worn something that I have on now, previously. I like to push the envelope a bit too. I love my double sided tape! I haven't washed the Velcro Dots yet, but I will let you know when I do.

Oh Bobo, I would so love to attend the play, and to be wrestled to the ground  with a huge hug from your baby girl sounds just wonderful! At least I would hear her coming, the bangles would be jingling!

ldesim, How is the radiation going?

I'd do the shopping for you if I could. I looooove to shop. Had you noticed? LOL

You are so right about black. I have always been a wearer of black, but now, I can wear a black tight tank, with a black shirt, or fine cardigan on top, "Sans Foob" I love it! The shapewear tanks keep that "puppy" under control.

You are having  a heatwave, and Colin has just set the early timer on our heating so that it is warm when I get up in the morning. I need a warm place to do the Rites. I am doing 5 reps now. Only increased by two, but the book says to take it slow, and my friend The Ballet Dancer would "Beatch Slap" me if I went any faster! LOL

Well my friends, I am going to do the Rites, and have a shower....be back later....Take care of you! M 

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited June 2013
    Options

Wow!  I hardly know where to start!  I will have to work my way backwards.

Ariom, I can really tell that your best friend the ballet dancer is gay because of how he pronounces bee-atch!  You are amazing with the rites.  I am only starting in earnest this week.  I used to be in excellent shape.  I don't look too bad now -- because I stopped eating for awhile -- but I am NOT in good shape.  Moreover, I don't really care how I look.  I want to feel better.  Idesim, I totally know how you feel.  Eat whatever you want right now during rads, I say -- I love it when you tell us your ice cream has just pulled up into the driveway. :)  This is your time to spoil yourself -- and if you are having nice natural organic things, even if they are full of calories, I say that is great.  Oh, and can you eat avocado?  I think you should have avocado.  It's so soothing.

I totally understand about not talking to a girl on the subway in Boston -- we are from NY, and there are similar rules there..  wirdgirl, I am way ahead on the big purse idea!  Just called my hairdresser yesterday, told the secretary to get a bottle of violet ready to take with me!  Great minds think alike.

Poor possums, triggering the flood lights!  That reminds me.  In the winter this year, when it was dark in the mornings, I'd be walking bobo and he would jerk the leash out of my hands, using his mouth, and he would walk himself into the backyards of my neighbors -- triggering their floodlights -- and he would be walking himself by what I perceived to be their bedroom windows, and I would be creeping on the lawns whispering Bobo, come back, and he would actually make a little snorting panting sound -- he was laughing at me!

Ariom, excellent thought about my little daughter -- she does now tinkle as she approaches!  You can hear her coming before she hugs you to the ground!  You have a complete picture.  Gramwe, it sounds like you rocked your funeral outfit.  Regarding hot flashes -- first off, the OG has GOT to fix the AC.  And then, once his hand is healed from surgery, he needs to get on those bracelet cabinets.  I  know I need one, and idesim needs one, and I am positive Ariom needs one.  Do you need one too?

Laughing at the idesim bracelet stats from rads.  I have to announce to the group... the snake came yesterday!  The snake came yesterday!  Alex and ani notified me when it came in.  Idesim, I could not get the zeeberry discount and free shipping, therefore.  But, F that!  The snake is really the best one.  You all need to go on the website and click on the snake.  Then click on 'notify me when it comes in.'  You will not be disappointed.

The play!  The play!  I'm going to submit this one first.  I am afraid I will lose this post... it happens to everyone.

• bobogirl
    edited June 2013
    Options

I reply to myself.  Gramwe, once when I was wrapping presents at Christmas, I started counting hot flashes, and I had ten in a row!  And I was 41 at the time.  Now I'm 42.  In a week I will be 43.  I can only hope to go up from there.  I have no other good tips for hot flashes.  F you, people who recommend I drink ice water during hot flashes!

The play.  It was really the best play ever!  It was handwritten, in verse (sometimes), full of princesses and guards and dragons and two-headed monsters.  Handmade awkward-looking costumes.  One of the teachers appeared, incongrously, as a kitty.  There was a lot of schtick!  My darling fluffed her lines.  She has a terrible speech impediment, made worse by nerves.  She is in the process of being diagnosed with epilepsy.  She was the princess of Fall, the season of Fall.  She waved to us from the homemade procenium.  My bracelets made a felicitous noise as I applauded.  I applauded all entrances and exits.

We gave our darling a bouquet of pink roses -- a lot of them -- that I got from the grocery store.  And then, she started pulling it apart, as everyone mingled after the show.  She gave a rose to each of her co-princesses.  And then a rose to each of the teachers.  To the baby sister of her bestie.  And then -- she had very few left!  A mangled few.  And when we got home I freshened them up and put them in a little jug on the table.  She is really the most beautiful girl ever.  XXX

• gramwe
    edited June 2013
    Options

There's poodles and calicoes falling by the window, yeap it's raining cats and dogs out there. Add in rolling thunder, flashes of lightening, but eerily still not a hint of wind, really kind of spooky. Up until today we had gone a staggering 9 days without rain since Jan. 1st, so unusually wet for here.

Day 2 of operation grandson sitting is moving right along, rather well in fact. That may fly out the window when dinner is served. He's a hot dog, grilled cheese kind of guy, neither are on the menu. Unfortunately he inherited stubbornness from me, so it may be a war of wills, when I set before the prince, the dreaded vegetables. 3 more days until mom and dad return.

How generous of the Princess of Fall to share her roses. The play sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sure she is a beautiful girl, just like her mom.

I gave DGS a lesson on Koalas this morning. We were watching a show called Animals from Down Under, when the koalas came up he commented on their cuteness and wanting one of his own, until I told him they would pee out of the tree on him. He was most impressed that I actually know someone from so far away, too. Lol

Time to make dinner for Gram vs Child battle. Lol. Hugs

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

Good morning everyone!

Miss Bobo, I have to say, start very slowly with the Rites, but if you are persistent, you will feel good. It's only been a few weeks for me, and I am still only doing 5 reps each morning, but I can already see some definition, and I feel taller!

Your baby girl sounds like an absolute delight. Her generous soul is just beautiful. I can just see her handing out her beautiful roses to everyone else. You have a gem there, please give her a big hug from me!

I am so thrilled you received the Snake. and you love it. What's next?

I just need to tell you about my Hot Flashes. I started menopause at 38, yep, my Mother was the same. Anyway, I used to have a huge one every night, just as I was about to drop off to sleep. My husband, at the time, used to say that he could feel me radiate heat from the other side of the bed. I would have dozens some days, but I would never take Hormone Replacement. I survived on Evening Primrose oil. It seemed to really settle it down. By 43 it was over, thank goodness. My Daughter is 35, and I wonder if she will go the same way.

Gramwe, I don't envy you trying to feed veg to a Hot Dog eater. I used to have such a  hard time with feeding Bec's friends when they came to stay. I tried to introduce good food ay Becs school when she was little, but it didn't really take off. In High School, I started a "Breaksfast Club" for Homeless kids, and Double Orphans, that is where I met Vi for the first time.

In case you're wondering, a Double Orphan was a kid with no Parents and no Country. We had many, actually, 42 different languages spoken in that High School. We had a language centre attached to the High School that I sent Bec to. My friends were mortified that I was sending Bec to a High School and not a Private School, but I wanted her to have a more streetwise education. I could take care of the finer, etiquette stuff, that wouldn't be taught there. I am still so glad I did that, she is a well rounded, generous spirit. I didn't throw her in the deep end though. I became the President of the School Council, so I could keep an eye on her.LOL

How funny, that you could give a nature talk on the down side of the Koala to your GS. Did you tell him they are a vicious little thing when they are cornered, or on the ground? The Kangaroos are even worse, they can disembowel a man in seconds. That big tail is used for balance. They lean back and strike with those huge feet which have talons. Nothing cute about them, and my biggest fear is hitting one in my car while driving to town. They are everywhere around here, we even have roadsigns of kangaroos Crossing. I hit one many years ago, and it was traumatic, for it and me!

I'm with your GS, I think it is pretty cool, conversing with people every day who are so far away too. Tell him Hi, from me, Downunder!

Take care all! M

• wirdgirl118
    wirdgirl118 Member Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    Options

Love the story about Bobo and you in your neighbors back yards! What are the Rites?And what is the bracelets website again?

• wirdgirl118
    wirdgirl118 Member Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    Options

The princess of autumn is a beautiful soul!

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

Morning Wirdgirl,

The 5 Tibetan Rites is a Yoga type exercise that I am doing. The Book is by Peter Kelder, and is called Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth. There are many demonstrations on the internet of the 5 Rites, or positions. Dr Oz is a devotee too. There is a demo on his website. If you are interested in doing these Rites, it is important to just start at 3 reps, and remain at that as long as you need to. You can increase by one rep a week till you reach the cap of 21 reps of each. It is very important to take it slowly.  

The bracelets are Alex & Ani but I can't remember the websites, I am sure someone will post them.

How are you doing?

Take care! M 

• painterly
    painterly Member Posts: 266
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hi Moira,

Just popped in to ask you a question.

I see you are all having lots of fun on this thread. I read a number of posts. I noticed that you are a Scot. (I have a couple of really cool Scottish jokes!) Were you young when you arrived in Australia?

I had to laugh at your comments on cockroaches in Sydney…a moving sea of ugliness would disappear into the cracks…how poetic is that! I recall an evening stroll along the rocks on Manly Beach and saw exactly that. Yuk. We didn’t have any in the home though, but my mum must have been aware of them as she was very strict with us not to leave food lying around.

You have had an interesting career in the entertainment business. I worked for an airline too but didn’t have anything exciting happen mainly because I was in the office.

My claim to fame would be 1) having a photograph taken with the famous Bobby Orr (Boston Bruins hockey team) about 20 years ago. 2) Greg Norman declining to give me his autograph. 3)Meeting many of the top golf players at my club whenever we hold the Canadian Open. Oh, and I almost forgot my family was featured in an ITV programme on the “Ten Pound Pom” last year that was shown in Australia.

Glad to see more people are enjoying the 5 Rites. I was up to 10 reps but came back down to 7 since I didn’t want to get too far ahead of myself. 

Okay, my question: it’s about the silicone strips. I couldn’t find any here where I live in Montreal so I had to nip across the border into New York to get some. We are in the States for 6 months every year but this year we had an odd day left so I was able to pop across the border and buy some. When I returned the customs person nodded her acceptance when I waved the box at her.

This particular one is washable. I haven’t used reusable ones before. So when I remove them and wash them, do I wait for them to dry thoroughly before putting the protective covers back on them? How long should I wait before using them again? Should I just take fresh ones while these are drying?

Thanks.

• painterly
    painterly Member Posts: 266
    edited June 2013
    Options

Bobo….your daughter sounds so sweet handing out roses to everyone. I have a 3 year old granddaughter and I just love her to bits.

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

Painterly, how fantastic to see you! Welcome to our fun group.

Yes, I am a Scot. and to this day I haven't become an Australian Citizen. I still travel on my British Passport.

I was 5 when we came to Australia, just as your family did, as a ten pound pom! It was absolutely wonderful, 4 weeks on a beautiful cruise liner. I still remember snippets of it.

How rude of Greg Norman, I hope you stared him down, just like Bobo suggests. I have been waiting for an opportunity to do that to someone, but everyone is so nice here that I fear I will never get the opportunity! LOL

I am sticking to 5 of the 5 Rites for the time being, and I am not being disappointed. Colin is pretty good at noticing things, for a bloke, but he is telling me that he can see definition in my shoulders and , wait for it, my waist! How cool is that, I had given up on ever really having a waist again.

I am just thrilled to hear you are still doing the Rites, and I think that was a wise move, to take it back a little. It may not have been necessary, you are far fitter than I am. I feel really good after doing them and then taking a walk.

The silicone strips that I use are called Scar Fx. I wash mine after every few wears in quite hot water with a little body wash. I let them dry completely before putting the backing plastic back on. I don't wash every time I use it because I really don't feel it is necessary, and over  doing washing would likely render the sticky back unusable. I find they last very well doing it this way.

I hunted around to get the Scar Fx strip that was 22" long and 1" wide. I cut that in half and have two 11" pieces that cover my scar with a little overlap at each end. So I can alternate them to get the maximum use out of them.

I do only use them at night, so I attach when I am going to bed. I wear a tight tank over the top so that I don't have the strip rolling up as I move in bed. You can attach them with micropore too if you like. During the day I massage the scar with aromatherapy oils in wheatgerm, sweet almond and macadamia oil.

I have found that the deep color of my scar has faded to a slight pink, and the scar is very flat. I have a section that opened a bit with infection, (sorry if TMI) that is now a wider section of the scar in the centre which I really dislike, but it is fading so well I doubt it will be noticible soon.

I hope that helps, come again and join us here, it's a lot of fun!

Ps I meant to say, I love Scottish jokes. I never get offended, so I'd love to hear them!

• gramwe
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hello Painterly. Welcome to our little byte of the world. We are a happy little group, mostly, we do have our rant moments.

These scars strips, tell again how they work, please. Pretty please. I'm a bit slow you know.

M. GS was excited that you said Hi to him. Lol. He now has 100 new questions about down under. I can only imagine how he educates his class mates this morning. His teacher told us early in the year that some days she sits down and allows him to teach the class. I'm not sure if its the fact he does it well or that she just can't get him to stop talking. Lol

Bobo, are you doing the Rites? If you drink icewater every time you had a hot flash you would live in the bathroom. I'm thinking of putting an ad in the newspaper, "Need to lease, space in a walk in cooler. Must be able to accommodate a small bed, bedside table, and reading lamp."

Idesim, are you still eating ice cream? That must have been a BIG container of ice cream. How many more rads? We will have a party when they are finished. A friend just finished his rads for colon cancer. He knew on his last day they would give him a certificate for completion. He called it his graduation day, so on the last day he showed up dressed in his college cap and gown. He was the talk of the rads department.

Rites time. Will she or will she not pick her butt up off the floor. Odds are NO.

Hugs. (2 days until parents return) Not that I'm counting!

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

oooooo... lots of reading and a pretty new face!!! Hi Painterly.. welcome :)  

I am reading backwards to bear with me.

omg Granwe, I hope your GS does NOT bring up Koala's peeing to the class.. can you imagine? I have to admit to laughing just thinking of it!!!   No way on the cap & gown?  I love him! That is so funny!!   I am doing good.. lucky 13 today!  17 to go! I'm feeling fine so far, no problems with the skin and just a little fatigue, nothing devastating.

My ice cream was yummy!! I only have eaten 1/2 of the gallon since Saturday haha!  I won't touch it now, the heatwave is over and Granwe has once again ditched her crappy weather on us!

Moira, that's great news on your newly defined definition lol!  So you do 5 reps of each of the rites, is that how it works? I think the clip I watched talked of 21.. which sounds like a lot!  

Painterly, the bracelets website is alexandani.com.   

I am going to post before I lose this.. the way this day has been going... have to go finish something and I'll finish reading!

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

I love the Colin/dolphin story.. supposedly dolphins are supposed to be high intelligent, so it is highly likely it did know that Colin had a disability.  hahah David Cassidy.. I was young when the partridge family was out and I remember everybody going crazy over David Cassidy!!! This is going to be my quest.. to smooch a dolphin.. I am going to do it!!

Awwwwww!!! I had tears in my eyes reading about your little princess and the roses...  what a precious little girl to do such a selfless thing.  I am so glad the play went off well, hopefully it wasn't traumatic for her fluffing her lines.. and epilepsy? :( When will you know?  The poor baby.

Be careful, I send my xmas shopping your way Moira :)  Actually that is the only shopping that I do enjoy, provided I have an idea what to get somebody.  Men are the worst... just awful.

Bobogirl, that's it exactly.. I don't care what I look like, but I feel out of shape.  I never have had to work at being in shape, I was lucky that way.. but I have abused that ability I think and my body is now saying F you :)  My energy levels are horrible now.  Why wouldn't I be able to eat avocado and sure I can eat avocado.. but what the heck do you do with it? lol

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

I learned a new world today.... "procenium", which according to my best buddy Wikipedia... "is the area of a theatre surrounding the stage opening"

What is the score in operation GS sitting?  Gram 0 v GS 2?  Or did you win on the veggies? I thought grandmas are supposed to spoil, not force feed veggies! 

I am NOW going to have nightmares about a kangaroo disemboweling me!!! You know I tried to feed one of them that was in the back yard.. they seem so sweet.. geez, I'm glad now I didn't piss it off.  It's not like we were ever warned about.

Painterly, thanks for bring that particular description on the roaches in Sydney to the forefront of my thoughts :)

So yesterday, I had said FOOB out loud to my GF.. it just came right out of my mouth... she's like.. what did you say?????? hahahhaa   FOOOOOOB!

Every time I come to this board, there is another thing to buy... I've never heard of scarfx.. but now I have to look into it!  I'm intrigued that it's not something you'd wear a day and replace over and over.

It's a dreary rainy Monday here, our heat wave is finally over. In my infinate wisdom this morning, I decide not to take my umbrella this morning as all I did last week was lug the damn thing around every time they threatened rain and I have a rain coat w/a hood.  Needless to say, no sooner did I get into town and had the walk to the hospital in front of me, did it decide to torrential downpour.  There is nothing lovelier than wet pants and air conditioning... a marriage made in heaven :) 

Then I lost my subway pass this morning.. couldn't find it anywhere in my bag even though I just purchased it Friday for the month of June.  There I am at the train station pulling all sorts of crap out of my bag and all for nothing.  Hopefully when I get home I will find it.. if not, I have to buy another pass which will piss me off to no end.

So on top of F cancer and F biopsies, please add F Mondays!

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

oh and the cat puked on the bedroom rug right by the bed and I was greeted by it upon awakening.  F cat puke.

• bobogirl
    edited June 2013
    Options

F cat puke!  DLLP handles that, and all other puke.  I hated to lose my metrocard (subway pass)!  That was always a little fear of mine. Now, here in the South, I worry about losing my car keys.

Painterly -- hi!  So good to see you here.  Your granddaughter sounds like a lucky one :)  My mother is a washout in the grandparent department --she's just 'over it' -- she had seventeen grandchildren and we were last -- so Ariom and Gramwe are going to be the grandparents of my children now.  And I'm going to be dating Ariom's Dexter.  Idesim is going to visit Ariom -- she will be provided a room -- but as visitor ONLY.  There, now you are all caught up.  :)

Gramwe -- you are so sweet to say my daughter is beautiful.  She is! And yes, it's epilepsy.  I'm pretty heartbroken about it.  She is too young to really process it right now.

Loving that cap and gown story!  And loving that scoring idea:  Gramwe zero, GS one!  He is going to have realistic koala info in his preschool!  BTW, my mother never watches the kids for three days.   :(

Idesim, I adore the proscenium.  And a drink at the interval.  And a front curtain.  That being said, my plays are filthy.  They are full of catharsis.  And everyone thinks I am not a traditionalist, but actually, I am.

FULL DISCLOSURE:  I have not done any rites today.  All-day field trip with my darling -- a swim field trip to a lake.  Neurologist said we must have one hand on her at all times if she is swimming. So, as you may imagine, I have done all the exercising I am doing for today.  p.s. -- Beer me.

Gramwe, your cooler with a bed in it sounds perfect.  Ariom, I love this: 'I need to tell you about my hot flashes.'  When you wrote that, I just smiled and smiled and read with glee! I am gobsmacked by your breakfast parties.  You sweet darling.  I wonder what you made for the breakfasts.

Idesim: I eat avocados by just opening them, taking out the pit, and eating them out of the shell with a spoon.  No salt or anything.  If feeling decadent, I drizzle some good olive oil on them.  You could also put avocado into a smoothie.  You know, in my Vitamix.  I feel I have not been reporting in enough about the Vitamix lately!  I know everyone may not feel that way.. :)

Wirdgirl -- have you NO bracelets?  That seems like an emergency to me.  Idesim, which one will you get next?  Ariom is on hold until she finds out if her FL place can ship jewelry... you are the only one of whom I am sure.  You are shopping for your next one.  I know it!

Actually, I want the spikes, but they are nowhere to be found.  I must have the spikes, as all of you know.  Because I am a punk-ass bee-atch.  F you endometrial biopsy!  p.s.  Does anyone have any Valium for that biopsy?

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

Seventeen grandchildren? That is a whole lot of grandkids... I take it you have a couple of siblings Bobogirl.  I can offer you Oxy from my surgery.. have a whole bottle of it!  Besides you're a punk-ass bee-atch.. just take a shot of whiskey!  I'm telling you the spikes are gonna be flimsy.. you're on a snake high and the spikes are gonna drag you right down.  

I'm not sure what my next one is going to be... it appears they do a new one every month and the June one stinks.. so I don't know yet! Maybe the Stand up for Cancer or maybe the seven swords... we haven't picked a group one yet, have we? I know, I know.. you're going to say snake!

I didn't know you had a vitamix.. those are supposed to be badas*... please report on it, what is your favorite thing to make with it?  

I'm so sad to hear of the Epilepsy :(  Poor baby. Does she have seizures? (That would be SOOOO scary).  A lot of children do grow out of it don't they?  

Lake day sounded fun, sounds like the beautiful princess loves to swim (I do too), and at her age must have kept you pretty busy in the water! But it's good for you too, although I bet it was a bit stressful as well.  

Quiet evening here, we had our coffee table dinner and I'm ready for bed pretty soon, have to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for my rads date!

Good morning to Moira who must be rising about now.

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

And before I forget... F epilepsy.

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

And F this board for giving me error messages constantly tonight!

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

G'day all!

Clapping hands with glee! at all the interesting posts this morning.

Gramwe, the scar strips are a piece of spongy silicone that you stick on top of your scar, usually at night. It smoothes the scar and takes the color out. It's been used for a long time by PS, for burns.  I used it for the first time when I had my Arthritic knuckles operated on. I have a barely visible scar that goes right across my hand, at the knuckles. I had great fun telling made up stories about how I aquired that nasty scar. Everything from a shark, to having the fishing line of a fighting Marlin almost cut off my fingers. People would be bug eyed, hanging on my every word, till I said, Nah, just a tendon redirect for arthritis! LOL

I told my daughter about your GS last night on the phone, she was throwing other ideas out about what to tell him about Australia. I have to say that we are perhaps the only Nation that eats our Coat of Arms. LOL The Emu and the Kangaroo. Turn your head Bobo, I don't want you to see this. I never have a BarbQue without kangaroo. I don't have a taste for Emu, but have tried it.

I love your GS, tell him to ask away. I'll help him with a project on Australia. I am watching a Kookaburra on my fence as we speak! No, we don't eat them! LOL

I hope you are doing the modified shoulders on the floor, and raise the rest, not a dignified position, but an important one of the Rites.

Hi ldesim, I am so glad you are faring well with the Rads, you are almost half way there.

Yes, you are right about the 21 Rites, but the important thing is to start slow and build up by just one repetition a week. If you aren't able to do that, you can stay on a lesser number of reps. The cap is 21, and they say it can take up to a year to get to that.

I have been reading tetamonials of people in their 80's and 90's who have had amazing results doing the Rites. The book was written in the 30's, and apparently has always had a following. I can't believe I haven't heard of it before because I have always been interested in the alternative stuff.

I too, never had to worry about my weight. I could easily devour a box of chocolates any time I chose, and I never put on an ounce. It was the dreaded steroids and other drugs for Rheumatoid that changed that for me. I so took it for granted.

I hope you found your Subway pass. F having to buy another!

My Dexter has a very "delicate" tummy. He had massive surgery for a big tumor, not long after we got him The Vet sai it was likely started from a trauma. I hat e to think what this little guy went through before we got him. Anyway, I feed him a bland diet with probiotics and omegas, just as the Vet ordered, but he has a tendancy to "spew" (Aussie word for "PUKE"). It comes out of nowhere, and can happen while you are sitting with him on the couch! Also, after a walk, he runs inside, has a big drink and a spew. Standard practice here! LOL F dog spew too!

Now Bobo, my girl. I want to hug you and that baby of yours. I am so sorry of the Dx. She is so lucky to have you, and I know she'll do well. I don't know why some are gven suuch big challenges. It is so unfair. Give her a hug from a willing Grandma in Aus!

Ahhh my Breakfast Club was a labour of love Bobo. Every school morning, for 6 years. I was there at 7am and they called me the "Noodle Queen" I managed to get funding and donations from all over the place. We made hot noodles, cereal, toast, and milk drinks.

The language centre which was on our campus was a barometer for unrest in the world. There were children from every place of war and poverty. We actually had 42 languages spoken there, and I had a rule in the Club, that although I knew that swearing was necessary to get some points across, I wanted English spoken in the mornings, no swearing. I had a big plastic jug with a slot, and whenever anyone used a profanity, I would hold up the jug for a coin to be deposited. I managed to learn the swear words of the majority of the languages spoken by those kids. I could have my back to them, washing dishes, and just raise that jug when I heard them swear. They loved it, and never knew how I had badgered the language teachers to teach me the words, for the "Swear Jar!"

For the most part of those 6 years, I was feeding up to 75 kids in the morning. Later we extended out and started finding homes for a lot of the kids who I discovered, were actually homeless, some weren't even at the school, they just found us. It was by far the most fulfilling thing I have ever done. I still run into the kids, who are adults, some with families of their own. They still all call me Mum!

Unfortunately, after I gave up the Breakfast Club, (another story!) they couldn't find anyone else to run it. They even tried to pay someone, but they couldn't handle it. I never had a moment where I feared the kids, in fact I found they actually protected me, but others were terribly intimidated by them. I must say some were pretty scary, till you got to know them.

Avacadoes, Bobo, they are one of my favourite things. I love them as you describe, but I also love guacamole with onion and tomato, and lime juice....yum!

I say F that biopsy too Bobo, when is it? I have Valium here, Colin has it for spasms, but that's not going to help you from this distance!  

Well ladies, I am off to the op shop to donate some more unwanted V necks. I had no idea I wore so many low necks before all this.

Take care all.......see 'ya later!            

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

ldesim, I love the 7 swords bracelet. It represents the Archangels.

I love all things Angels! 

How did tthe Rads date go?

• gramwe
    edited June 2013
    Options

G'day, or G'night, whichever the case may be. The little prince has been safely deposited at school, but only for a few, short, quiet hours. Today they begin being dismissed at noon, and Thurs. is the last day. Most kids are excited, the prince not so much, he loves school, loves reading, and loves talking. His parents on the other hand are a bit speechless at the moment. DD and I text them a picture yesterday of their little darling sporting a large diamond earring, with the caption, "he didn't shed a tear, when we pierced his ear." I will not post their reply. Of course they couldn't see, the double sided tape that was actually holding on the gem. This is the longest he has ever stayed with us, in fact I was accused of being a lousy G-ma, because of that, until I pointed out that for the last 2 years, since his first day of school, I was the one who picked him up everyday, and kept him until they got off work. His mom stopped working right after my DX, it was too difficult to find a sitter for him and his little brother.

It broke my heart to hear our little Princess of Fall has epilepsy. How scary for her, I hope that the doctors will quickly find a way to keep it controlled. Bobo you are excused from the Rites for yesterday, an all day field trip used way more muscles. I have ativan, I'll teleport it to you for the biopsy, and we will all be in your pocket with you.

M: You are one of those that I admire in life. You see a need, a situation and take control. Love the "Swear Jar", plus the fact you can curse in 42 different languages, that could come in handy, and might just explain Gutter Gums. I told the Prince at breakfast today that you typed with an accent. He looked at me like I had just sprouted horns out of my head, shook his head, rolled his eyes and informed me that sometimes my behavior caused him great concern.

Idesim, Bless your heart, in a good way, you had the Monday from hell. In case y'all don't know in the south Bless your heart can either be an endearing phrase or a put down. I used it lovingly for you. : )

Did you find your pass?

Geeeze Louise, I've been sitting typing this one post for over an hour. Really need to use the laptop, instead of this one finger typing on the kindle. Time for the OG to phone home for his morning check in, he makes sure I'm breathing at 9, rest of the day I'm left to fend alone.

I'll be back. Hugs to everyone.

Wirdgirl, and Painterly so glad y'all have joined in. Post long, post often.

Bye

• bobogirl
    edited June 2013
    Options

Okay, I just typed the longest post, and it was lost -- F that!

Highlights:

Yes, F epilepsy.  My darling has had two grand mal seizures.

Ariom -- your breakfast club has me agog.  I have no doubt I would have joined you had we lived near one another.  Need noodle details!  I want noodles for breakfast.  What is milk drink?

Gramwe: you are excellent grandma!  Can't wait for report when GS tells his friends about the koalas.  By the way -- this was not in the vanished post -- Ariom, how can you eat kangaroos?  It does not make sense!  Here the college mascot is the alligator -- everything here is Go Gators!  They wear shirts with gators, and they hug a giant stuffed gator mascot -- and then you go to a restaurant and there is fried gator tail on the menu.  ???

Idesim: how is rads?  Regarding our gang bracelet:  I vote for something other than the snake, since that would necessitate my buying another bracelet.  You choose three, and we will vote.  We can smuggle Ariom's to her in a cami!

Speaking of which, I am not sure about the other package, since it might not be legal!  However, I could use it.  Have pain meds from surgery, but I was allergic.  Granwe, have ativan -- but don't think that will do much for this.

Ice cream alert!  Stupid useless co-op was out of my flavor.  So I persuaded myself to buy two new flavors -- even though they are incredibly expensive.  Cappuccino!  And Chocolate with Salted Caramel!  This was worth typing twice.  I will report in.

Must do Vitamix post separately.  Gird your loins!  It will be extremely detailed.  I adore my Vitamix.  

It is raining buckets, Ariom.  Have I told you?  The owl is back.

XXX

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

WTF!! I got an error and lost my damn post.. is anybody else having probs with this forum??? I am SO MAD.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

I will REPOST when I have collected myself.. grrrrr.