Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

new and future flat sister, with questions

Options

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited June 2013
    Options

Good Morning Gramwe OG, and GS!

I had a such a laugh at the Diamond earring, You must do a stick on Tattoo next! I can imagine the return text!

Gosh, don't people have short memories, you sound like an excellent Grandma! My folks were the best. I used to have to fight them to let me bring Bec home when they had her at their house. They set up a complete kid home with everything from cot, to high chair and everything in between. They adored her, and she adored them back. To this day she has the odd word or phrase that has a twang of a Scots accent because she learned it from them.

Thanks Gramwe, for the lovely sentiments, I loved every minute I spent with those kids. I have to be honest, it wasn't anywhere near the 42 Languages, that I learned, but enought to make an impact.

Boobogirl, I have been thinking lots, about you and the Princess. I am so sorry that she has to face this, but I know you'll be doing everything you can to keep it under control. You must get the Seven Swords for her. Whether you believe or not, it can't hurt to have the Angel Raphael the Healer on her wrist.

What a hoot we could have had at the Breakfst Club Bobo! I could have used the help! 

The noodles were the instant kind that you get at the supermarket, and the milk drink was just a banana smoothie, or a glass of milk. The majority of the kids were Asian, hence the noodles.

I can't explain why we eat the 'roos. I guess because there has been a history of it with the indigenous people. We eat croc too, sorry Bobo!

I sent an email to the icecream company. After your post, I couldn't stop thinking about it. They got back to me and said they would get the closest store to me to contact me. I am hoping it is in the region and not Melbourne, 350km away! I adore coffee flavoured icecream almost as much as coconut, please let me know.

Well, today is a quiet one for me. I will finish the clear out I started days ago, and got board with.

I do have a surprise for you all though! The original owner of this house did alot of built in timber cupboards which we have kept. In my dressing room, which used to be his Dear Wife's sewing room, I had an epiphany! The cupboard that used to be for her knick nacks, and threads etc was useless to me until yesterday, when I removed some of the drawers, and discovered that the boxes for my Silicone Foobs fit perfectly inside. The two drawers I kept, house the "Softee" and the rest of this cupboard can house the rest of my BC crap, and bras! I wish I could post a pic because I guarantee you'd get a great laugh from the "Shrine" to all things "Foob"! Colin is still laughing!

Bobo, I want to hear about this Vitamix. I am not to sure I could justify the cost of it. Do you use it a lot?  They are about $800.00 each here.

Well, off to do the Rites, before I start my day, late. again, because I never make it past the computer when I get up. I have to know what everyone's been up to.

I hope the others are ok, and just busy!

Take care all! M

• wirdgirl118
    wirdgirl118 Member Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hi Moira! Thanks for the info on the Rites, I watched the Dr Oz video. Very interesting! And I checked out the bracelets too! They are cool looking, i see they are sold at a Nordstroms near me.....road trip!!!

Thanks for asking, I am doing well on the neurontin, and have to get a refill. I'm nervous about that, as I have been taking more than three per day. I hope my doc will understand and refill it even if it's early to request the refill.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited June 2013
    Options

So besides the posting fiasco.. it has been a good day.  Found my subway pass (yay!), the weather was gorgeous, the work day smooth and I still have my choco/pb ice cream.  The sad part is that one of the women I see every morning is finished her treatment on Thursday.  I'm glad for her, obviously, but I am going to miss seeing her, its something I look forward too!

Chocolate salted caramel sounds yummy!  I want a FULL report!

I agree, eating mascots is bad... I didn't even realize you could (or would) eat kanagaroo and eating alligator is just gross.. it's a lizard and its scaly and it lives in the swamp.  I doubt it could be very tasty.

I don't know about the group bracelet!

F epilepsy.. I am so sorry that your little princess has to have this in her life, children should not get sick :(  I bet the seizures are beyond scary and I hope that they can regulate her with meds so they don't occur and I hope that she grows out of it and this doesn't affect her life too much... F epilepsy.

So, does anybody else see Moira floating up and down rows of tables (in my mind she is so perfect that she floats) doling out hot noodles with one hand and collecting the money for the swear job in the other, all with a smile on her face and a song in her voice.  While the children are slurping on a spaghetti type substance between talking in broken English.

I would love to know what hot noodles are as well, I've can't think of anything it might be that would resemble a breakfast food.

I bet it was a very rewarding experience, but for me, the sad stories would have gotten to me... homeless children is so sad.

Posting and it better take or ELSE!

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

I got another error! Thankfully I had copied it before posting.. how annoying... F this board!!!

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hi Wirdglirl, nice to see you back!

I love Nordstroms! You'd have to lock me up if I lived in the US. I love the outlets, I also love Saks Off Fifth! oh. heck, I just love shopping!

The last time I was in the States, Colin was working with Georgia Tech on a project. We stayed in the same Hotel for a month. I was too scared to drive, so the guys who drove the courtesy bus would take me to a different shopping complex each day. I got friendly with a gorgeous Spanish waiter from the Hotel Restaraunt who took me to the outlets. It was just shopping heaven! We went op shopping and pawn shopping in the worst neighborhoods too!

I hope you can get that prescription filled. Are you getting a lot of nerve pain?

I am guessing from your Dx that you had a full axillary clearance. That's got to hurt. The only discomfort I have is from that darn sentinal node. My Mother had the lot out too, she was constantly massaging it whenever she sat down.

I hope it passes for you. Our surgery was just weeks apart.

Take care, and let us know how you are doing! Be careful, those bracelets are addictive! 

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

Granwe 0, GS 3... laughing my head off at him expressing concern over your behavior!!!!!  

One of the attorneys in my office is from the south and his mom calls the office all the time and she is always blessing our hearts and she constantly uses "bless" as an exclamation.  I could listen to her talk all day:)

Moira, there is not many people that could or would handle 75 children first thing in the morning LOL!!!

F dog spew!!  haha Bobo.. he's all yours now!!!  Poor Dex, the sweet baby, I hope he has no memories of the trauma he has endured.  F people that abuse animals.

Hey, are Kookaburra  those loud black and white birds?  My gosh I've never heard such loud birds as whatever those were, that took some getting used to.

haha!! You gave me a great idea, instead of saying I had breast cancer, I will make up stories of what happened to my breast, the possibilities are endless!  I love it!

Ok, I'm going to call it a night and hope this last post doesn't give me fits!

Have a good evening and to Moira, G'day mate!!

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

Wirdgirl.. decide on our group/gang bracelet! lol.. I hate making decisions and Bobogirl will get MAD at me!

• gramwe
    gramwe Member Posts: 238
    edited June 2013
    Options

We are getting the Seven Swords.

Ahhh a foobmoire. How did I know you would invent one.

FFFFFF hot flashes! I'm stripping and running through the frozen food section...y'all start collecting bail money, please..

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

G'day all, again. I am just back from the op shop. I have to be careful to not buy back my own stuff. I have done that before!LOL

ldesim, I am so glad you found that pass. I was sure I'd hear the cursing over here if you had to buy a new one!

I should have mentioned that these kids aren't children, they were all teens, and no tables, just the kitchen in the gym. We had to be careful where everyone was because we had kids from both sides of some of the warring nations. It could get a bit tense, but they respected my kitchen. None wanted to be banned from coming.

I am sure you would know these noodles if you saw them. Very fine long spaghetti, that comes with a flavour sachet, boiled in water and eaten hot. You likely have another name for them. If you ever eat Chinese foood they are called Singapore Noodles. The kids preferred that sort of food because none had ever had a western diet. They were used to eating rice soup and veg for breakfast. Many came from very small rural villages. I used to have a group of 8 at my house for a study group. I used to "dumb down" the questions in their homework. So they could understand the questions. Most were incredibly smart, and did very well at school.

I would cook a meal from another country each night, and I taught them all how to eat with a knife and fork. We would talk about the country the food was from, so they were learning a little about the rest of the world all the time.

Poor Dex, he is much better now, but when I first brought him home from the shelter, he was terrified of boys in Hoodies, so I guess that was where his beating came from. He would actually pull back and slip his head out of his collar to get away and not have to pass a boy dressed that way. It was very sad.

I think you are recalling the magpies, they are black and white, but the Kookaburras are my favourite bird. They are the ones that laugh. They are gorgeous to look at and are dark brown and greyish white. They are very punk looking with a prominent forehead of feathers, and their laugh is about as Australian as you can get. They are part of the kingfisher family, and are carniverous. You often see them with lizards. I have a pair that come to visit. I love the sound. See if you can google it and hear the sound. There is nothing else like it.

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

Gramwe, a "FoobMoire" I love that! I am going to send a photo to Amoena, and title it a "Shrine to Amoena"! LOL

I am going to start busking, to raise the funds to bail you out, after exposing yourself at the supermarket. Just so long as you don't suffer from exposure from the refrigerators!

Now that I have had a good laugh, I am going to do some housework!

Take care all!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    edited June 2013
    Options

I think the noodles you're describing are sold here as Top Ramen. My kids lived on them when they were starving college students and can't stand the sight of them now. I sort of feel the same way about spaghetti. We ate so much when we didn't have money that my lifetime allotment should be gone.

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

Yeah, it does sound like she is describing ramen noodles *shudder*, I too lived off those for awhile, that, Kraft macaroni & cheese and pickle sandwiches..lol. We did the pasta road as well! 

I don't have hot flashes yet.. at least I don't think so.. I'll have 10 seconds where I sweat profusely.. nothing earth shattering, or else you are all just big babies :)

Granwe, grab us some ice cream on the way through!!!!

Moira, you have bought your own stuff back??? That is JUST hilarious!  You are totally a shopaholic and I fear no intervention will help.

I will look up that bird.. omg laughing that would be so funny.. I don't like that they are carnivores though.  Bad bird.  They probably were magpies, they were so damn loud.

That breaks my heart, how anybody could hurt an animal is absolutely beyond me.  Hopefully they get theirs some day!

I somehow missed the earlier post with the (laughing) foobmoire description!  I love it!! Honestly, leave it to you to have come up with that!!

Going go get some work done... hey.. rads are half over!

TTYL

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited June 2013
    Options

Idesim must be psychic!  I WAS going to get mad at her if she didn't decide on the group bracelet.  But now I do not have to be..  seven swords it is!  And one for the princess. 

Gramwe, F hot flashes!  F people who give advice about hot flashes when they themselves are not experiencing hot flashes!  Laughing at idesim's comment about hot flashes -- 'what, I just sweat for ten minutes..'  I say, let your freak flag fly Gramwe.  Frozen food section it is!  DLLP is freezing lately, esp. in the car.   She is going to be 47, but has no hot flashes.  F that!

Ariom, yes... I do know those noodles.  I am imagining you opening up dozens of packets and making a big vat of it.  Smoothies!  And dinner from a different country every night!  How lucky those sweethearts were to have you.  Many thanks for your kind words about my darling.  They say she is not going to grow out of it.  As a result, I am the most fierce and imposing helicopter parent who ever lived.  Aside from school, I don't believe she is out of my sight for a minute.  I watch her eat breakfast.  I just sit there and watch, and give her one million kisses.  I will say this... it puts the whole bc thing in a completely different perspective for me.  It's almost like a cure.  Because I don't care much about my situation at all, except regarding its impact on my children.  For the record I should state that I have a DS as well, but he is not nearly as much fun to talk about, if you know what I mean.  What I mean is peeing on the seat and that sort of thing.  He drives both of us bananas.  Trying not to do the cost/benefit analysis... :)

And now for a coconut ice cream update!  Ariom, so happy that you emailed the company.  You know them?  Larry and Luna?  I can't wait for you to get it in your store.  In fact, after I finish this ice cream report, I am going to walk right over to the freezer and get myself some.

Okay.  When we last saw our hero she was at the stupid co-op, extremely p*ssed.  The co-op was out of my favorite -- mocha maca chip.  It is so great -- it is not sweet.  As you know, I chose two other flavors -- cappuccino and choc salted caramel.

I have to say -- total success.  The cappuccino is very like the mocha maca, but smoother, which I like.  And the choc salted caramel is actually vanilla, but with a choc ribbon and very salty and caramel-like.  It's actually not very chocolate.  And although I love choc, I mean that in a good way.  In truth I think choc has got to be done very well.

I think we should get some sticks and baseball bats -- and hoodies -- and teach those animal abusers a lesson!  I'm in a perfect mood to do so.  Ariom, how will you get the swords bracelet?  BTW, laughing so much when I think of you busking!  And the foobmoire is just perfect.  I am going to need a picture of you standing next to that foobmoire STAT.

• gramwe
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hello lovely ladies. A bit, well a lot, late checking in today. The Prince had awards day at school, so of course I had to be there to cheer. He was given an award for music, Spanish, and being the "Starburst" of his class. Very cute idea, the teacher had different candies and certificates, that she awarded to the children, he was chosen as the Star that was going to burst into the world. The "Parental Units" his term for his mom and dad, are on the way home, so in another 3 or 4 hours they should be here, and I'm going to be sad. He is such a hoot. Not once has he mentioned being homesick, or misbehaved. He's chatted non-stop. We've just spent the last 2 hours playing poker, don't judge me, kids need to learn these life lessons. He has also discovered that he loves fruit, in his world that's huge, he devoured a big bowl of apples, bananas, grapes, and pineapple instead of cookies, that's 1 for Gram.

Bobo being a helicopter mom isn't a bad thing in this situation, it's very understandable. Our God-daughter is muti-handicapped, she is 28, they told her mom she would not survive a year, anyway she began having seizures about a year ago. I was alone with her in the ER, when she seized, it frightened me so badly I didn't know what to do, except scream for help. With meds she is doing great now. You are so right a child's illness trumps everything.

Idesim, there is a freezer filled with ice cream right behind me. A few months ago a tractor trailer truck parked on our street, the driver went door to door inviting us to unload his truck. With half an hour our street was lined with cars of people, word got out fast all over town. I'm not much of an ice cream lover, the OG on the other hand has to have his nightly fix of ice cream or cereal. We have such a grand relationship, he eats, I gain weight. What The Cat Fur, did you just call me a baby ? I'll smack you with a wet Ramen noodle. My hot flashes are versions of hell's fire. Since yours are so gentle I'll send you mine. Lol..Seriously I hope yours will stay on low simmer.

Wren, we must still be broke, it seems like we have spaghetti all the time. It's cheap, it's fast, and fills up the eating machine that shares this house. Have you bought your first bracelet? One of the ladies, is a bit pushy on the bracelet thing, but we love her any way. : )

Well well our divine Ms. M, you might have a problem if you buy back your own donations. That revelation gave me a laugh. Every time I begin a post I look at the clock to figure out what time of day it is for you. Right now you are probably snuggled in bed, hope you are having pretty dreams. You should share some of your worldly recipes with us.

Speaking of cooking, U.S. ladies, if you happen to watch the new baking competition show on CBS tonight, the blond woman on there is from a town very close to me. I don't look or cook like her, but I sure as tooting sound like her.

Hugs to all.

• bobogirl
    edited June 2013
    Options

The lady that is pushing the bracelets is called Idesim.  Please scroll back and let the record show that it is SHE who first introduced bracelets to the group.  Granted, I took the ball and ran with it, because it is extremely morale boosting for the whole group, myself included.  Also I do not think Ariom has been in any way coerced. :)

Group problem:  how will we get Ariom her bracelet if her FL service will not ship jewelry?  This needs to be addressed ASAP.  

Gram 1, Prince... 50?  A thousand?  What exactly is the score? :)  That little darling, that little Starburst!  That is the best award.

Four and one half hours of lecture today~!  Yikes.  No one should begrudge me the occasional bracelet.

• wirdgirl118
    wirdgirl118 Member Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    Options

Seven swords bracelet is awesome!

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

I turn my back for like 5 seconds and Ms. Bobo is starting all kinds of trouble again.  Took the ball and ran with it?  You forcible stole the ball and have been bouncing it all over the place!! 

Shouldn't be hard for us to have it shipped to her FL addy?  Moira.. PM one of us your addy.

haha Granwe, "sure as tooting"!  I'll check out the baking show.. just to listen to the accent :)

Hmm.. this backwards reading is a pain... gonna start from the top haha.

• bobogirl
    edited June 2013
    Options

*sound of me bouncing ball all around*

Idesim, it's just that Ariom's FL place WILL NOT ship jewelry!  I told Ariom that this is hardly jewelry... can you please report back, Ariom?  Can we ship a personal care package to the FL address?  If so, we can have bracelet shipped to us, wrap it in a cami, then package and ship to your FL place.

Or do you have some cleverer plan?

Just signed on to let everyone know I just ordered seven swords: one for me, one for my darling.  How great is that?

And how is the OG doing on our bracelet cabinets?  :)  But more truly, how is the OG's hand? 

((((hand))))

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

I said I sweat for like 10 seconds.. not minutes Bobogirl, pay attention!  And yes, I think you all overreact and I stick by it Granwe :)  

Unfortunately, I don't think what I experience is hot flashes from that.  My darling mother made the horrible revelation to me a couple of years ago that she was 60... yes... F'ing 60, before she went through Menopause.  My Aunt seconded that motion :(  When I say I had heavy periods, it was just ridiculous and the thought of having them until I was 60 was devastating. I won't TMI.. but it was just awful and hopefully this damn BC has one good SE!

Aww Bobogirl, poor DS.. I thought I remembered you saying you had two... he needs to have some forum time, that's just not fair!! I'm sorry to hear she won't grow out of it, but she has a pretty spectacular mom :)

I'm with you, and the sticks need to be punked out with SPIKES.. F animal abusers.

Congrats to the prince and all his awards!  I love the Starburst one, that is so cute. Did he take you for everything in poker?? I feel a point for the poker, as well as for the fruit and since since he didn't miss the parental units (LOL!), that brings the score to a TIE.... Gram 3, GS 3.  Yes, you are going to miss him dearly, he does sound like a hoot and a half from what you have told us.

Omigosh, I wish I had witnessed everybody clamoring for the ice cream! That had to be entertaining!!  Same situation here, Joe is as thin as they come and he eats enough for 3, I was fortunately enough to be able to do that until I hit 40, boy do I miss those days.. I love to eat.

Speaking of eating, he is banging around the kitchen now preparing dinner.  I am now allowed to cook or do any household chores while I am doing rads and for once I am not arguing... during chemo I felt I had something to prove and insisted on doing everything, but now I am allowing myself to be helped.. and if you guys even knew what a huge compromise that is for me, you'd be very proud!  I cannot stand anybody doing anything for me and I most certainly will not ask anybody for anything.. I am horrible that way.

Anyhow, the smell of garlic wafting out from the kitchen is absolutely overpowering, so I have no idea what i am in for.  Have I told you all before that when he does cook he loves to experiment? The one I still have nightmares about to this day, even though it was a few years ago, (Bobogirl, cover your eys) is the time he thought putting pumpkin spice in hamburgers would be a fantastic idea. Blech!

• bobogirl
    edited June 2013
    Options

That is disgusting!  Pumpkin spice hamburgers!  OMG.  Cows!  Those are real cows!  The cows are like, F that.

Speaking of which, I am not kidding regarding the sticks and baseball bats, I am readyy to RUM-BOLLL (wrestling analogy though I have never seen wrestling).  When I was in PHL and feeling this way I would break up domestic arguments on the street.  Hey!  I would shout, pumping over to the other side of the street.  Leave her alone, you putz!

Love that idesim is keeping your score for you Gramwe!  And love that DH is making garlic dinner for you, idesim.  DLLP did not make dinner for me, even though I have been in here working to the bone all evening and I just finished 12 hours of work.  She make choc chip cookies for the kids' last day of school, and fed them, and now is in the bedroom with them having secrets regarding my birthday, but no dinner for me and she did not vacuum or walk bobo.  

Just signed in to tell all gang members: go to zeeberry.com for your bracelet.  At checkout, put in ENJOY15 and you can have 15% off, plus free shipping.  Actually free shipping all the time.  And the person who first indoctrinated me into this procedure was... idesim. XXX

• bobogirl
    edited June 2013
    Options

Forum time for DS:

Today he went with DD to her school for a transition day.  He is going to be enrolled at her special excellent waldorf school next year.  This year she went early, because of those things, and he finished the year at public school.  His new school is a wonderland.

Me:  On a scale from one to ten, how was your day?

DS: It was good.

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

Ladies, on the advice of those in another forum, check into these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YF7W22/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1#productPromotions

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

If you are buying, get the light purple, it's free shipping.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hey Bobo girl!

Not to hijack this thread, just wanted to tell you T.S. Andrea is headed your way. Get your umbrella and batten down the hatches!! I'm near Tampa Bay, it's gonna be wet and windy here tomorrow. Oh goodie. NOT

• ldesim
    edited June 2013
    Options

Dinner was actually very good.. it wasn't nearly as garlicky as I feared it was going to be, he's really upping his game here, perhaps I will never have to cook again! That would be so nice!  I would have shared some Bobogirl, but you don't eat meat and the rice was mushy, so the birds will have a nice breakfast in the morning.

Yeah the cows were for sure F that over being ruined by pumpkin :)  

Love me some free shipping! Internet shopping is the best thing in the world! I do 80% of my xmas shopping in my jammies.  In previous years, my GF would escape the kids and her BF and come over and we'd wrap for hours. She moved out of state this year (F moving), so I think that little tradition is over :(

Ok, ok.. I see your point on DS forum time haha!

What do you think is in store for your bday? I know it's soon, when are you gonna tell us what day?

Bobogirl, you are a trip!  Anybody seeing me wielding a stick and chasing them would just turn around and laugh at me.. good on you protecting the neighborhood!

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

Oh my gosh, so much to catch up on. I was bad today. I got up and read everything on our thread, but I managed to pull myself away before I went to any others. I did the Rites, had my shower snd then went to $1 day at the local opportunity shop. It was so much fun, there were women grabbing up the donations I gave to the shop. I had to laugh, they were telling me what great labels they were, and WOW, you don't see these around here much! LOL I made sure I didn't bring any of my donated stuff home.

ldesim, I hope you found a Kookaburra video. It is the most prehistoric sound of any bird, and I stop what I am doing whenever I hear is start up. They don't go on and on with it. It is maybe around 10 or 15 seconds, and then it is over, but it is special. I think everyone deserves to hear that sound. They are beautiful and punky to look at too! 

Everyone is laughing at my FoobMoire, Grame, that was genius! As soon as I have tidied up the room around it I will get a proper photo. I juts heard last night that a few of my girlfriends are coming here for my birthday in July, so I have to get the last of the clearing out, and ebay stuff sorted and out of the way to make way for the onslaught. It will be a real hoot. We have known each other since our teens, lived through marriage, divorce and deaths and BC, that's just me of course, they all stayed married to the same men. What were they thinking? LOL

I am so impressed with the "Starburst" of the class. Not to mention the other accolades. You must be so proud!

I truly can't imagine what it would be like to have a period at 60, yuck! I was glad to see the end of mine at 43.

I vote for you to enjoy the help, and enjoy having someone else do the cooking. You deserve it. I know exactly what you mean about hating to ask for help, and God forbid accept it when someone insists on helping.

Those hamburgers would have been interesting...hmm, not!

I found an amazing Desert at Aldi, I even went back and bought all they had in their freezer today, for fear they'd run out before the besties get here. I will wow them with desert of this with mango banana coulis. It is called Coconut Ice Confection. It is delicious, and really coconutty, but the mosta amazing thing is that each portion is actually served in a half coconut shell. The fact that I can't fit anything in the freezer now will no doubt be a problem, but I will sort that out later. LOL

Speaking of Kool stuff, we have those cooling things here. I have two in my cupboard right now. They are called "Kool Tubes" I boughtthem for Colin to ear on the boat. He has no heat or cold regulation in his body, so he can overheat very easily, and also freeze when it is cold. When he was competing in Italy, years ago, it was cold and really stormy, but they insisted on competing. The disability guys in sport are daredevils to the end. That's how they got to be in chairs in the first place. Anyway, the judges were Plympic judges, and they were gobsmacked at the conditions these guys went out in. I developed a heating system for Colin which was a heavy blanket over the knees, with my hairdryer on high blowing up the blanket. It worked a treat. Alternatively, when it's scorching hot, he'll drive in to the driveway and call out to me to get the hose. He leans out the car window for me to hose his head. I wonder what the neighbors think sometimes.

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

Bobo, Helicopter Mom in this instance is a good thing. My baby girl was a chronic Asthmatic, so I was a bit like that myself, back in the day!

I totally relate to your feelings about your own journey. It is different, of course, your child is different to a man, but I absolutely believe that I have had a less difficult time because of Colin's situation. When I watch the struggle he has every day, with the simplest of tasks. It puts what happened to me into perspective.  

Now Miss Bobo, I got on to MyUS live chat last night and said, "Now, tell me Mike, why can't I buy jewellery and have it sent through you?  Mike told me it was because of Australian regulations. So it must be for fine jewellery, and the Duty Free $1000.00 rule. I am going to buy the Seven Swords in silver, and have it sent just to test the water.

Oh Bobo, no dinner for you? I'm sorry.

I see your little man, is a man of few words.

Bobo, you took me back with "RumBoll", one of the first dates Colin took me on was to a Chinese restaraunt with, wait for it ......Wrestling!!! It was the biggest hoot. We were shouting and whistling, while ordering Dim Sum. I had never experienced wrestling either, but it was a hilarious night. I was in serious pain from laughing and shouting.

Please read above post about the Coconut Ice Confection....I think I can hear one calling me from the freezer right now!

Colin suggests I find a way to make bras from the leftover coconut shells, It's not like I'm not going to have a ton of them. Hmm need a Hawaiian Dress Up!

Wirdgirl, are you getting the bracelet too?

Spookiesmom, I am sorry your getting the bad weather. Take care!

Take care everyone

• gramwe
    edited June 2013
    Options

The silence is deafening! There are no toys littering the house. It's lonely. Plus it's freaking raining again. My time to visit is brief. The normal dust bunnies have grown to the size of kangaroos, one had me cornered in the dining room earlier, frightening. So I'm slipping into my best tattered jeans, pulling up the grey tresses, blaring some music through the house, to accomplish operation clean and shine.

Before I forget, the OG is having surgery on 6/13. Back later. Hugs

• Ariom
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hi gramwe, I was just about to go to bed when I saw your post.

I can imagine how quiet it is, now your Grandson has gone home. I am wondering how his Mother will react when he tells her of urinating Marsupials, and aggressive Macropods. You may have some explaining to do, just tell her it was all my fault! LOL

I managed to get quite a lot done today, lots of clearing out, makes me feel good. Hopefully I'll get it all finished in the next few days.

Good Luck with the dust bunnies, and all the best to the OG for the surgery.

I have my Monthly, BC group meeting tomorrow. I'll check in after that to see hgow you and the girls are doing. Take car M

• bobogirl
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hey Spookiesmom:

No worries about 'hijack' -- that is ridonculous since we are the silliest people ever who write on this thread.

Message received regarding t storm!  Am soaking right now, and at the office.  How are things by you?  All safe?

X