Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone else out there choosing 100% Alternative?

Comments

• jojo68
    jojo68 Member Posts: 336
    edited October 2013

We all make our own decisions regarding diagnosis and treatments.  I don't appreciate the comment aimed at the 'alternative forum' as if we are these crazies over here etc....Just because someone does something different from another person does not make them better, right or wrong...let's please respect each other!

• abigail48
    abigail48 Member Posts: 337
    edited October 2013

& I could always fall on the winter's ice or mudtime mud, I did once years ago & still have an iffy knee, could probably have been "fixed" with a bit of lazar beens, & the thigh bone on that side hurts in damp weather so I'm thinking it may go at some point, thus the need for ins

• fredntan
    fredntan Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2013

Thats just the craziest thing about being excluded if you already have dx. Maybe they should have everyone sign up before bx

• abigail48
    edited October 2013

apparently in ny state you can't be exc;uded at any point if you have or don't have(?) a diagnosis/pre-existing trouble

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170
    edited October 2013

Joellee,

I don't think anyone is being disrespectful. Self diagnosis of breast cancer? It is demeaning to those of us who actually have bc and it truly detracts from the credibility of the positives that alternatives have to offer. I am very liberal, very open and accepting, but it almost makes a mockery of bc if we say, " Sure, you want to self dx? That's cool. Hey, if you believe it, it must be true! " Respect? Let's respect the fact that this board is filled with women who really have bc. Coming on here and saying you have bc without a dx is disrespectful.

This discussion re: abigail is an old one, rehashed many times. It really is an insult to those of us who fight bc whether by conventional or alternative means.

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited October 2013

Exbrnxgrl,AMEN.

• abigail48
    edited October 2013

in my opinion the way the they diagnose disease is toxic & could lead to more of the same.  those of you who mock me are the same always & are not helpful to anyone.

• abigail48
    edited October 2013

annie:  I think I have heard of that insurance, the woman who visited me mentioned it & I definitely want it, but first you need medicare, my trip tomorrow for that I hope, & then a doctor.....this is much more problematical , I have a good lead, but I won't allow blood .to be taken ... no need if I wouldn't do their protocall.......if they were to find anything, which I guess they would.  nor will I strip for a stranger, too old for that.  height, weight, even blood pressure, though that will creep me out I'll probably stand still for.  so we'll see what transpires.  I may end up having to pay the tax & exorbitant fees with no ins.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited October 2013

Abigail,

I'm not sure anyone is mocking you, rather you are mocking us who do, indeed, have breast cancer.

• abigail48
    edited October 2013

if yorkie and you others want an update:  the tumor has definitely grown beyond the confines of the cyst.  beesie who has written a thread on ductile carcinoma says that is the indication that it is invasive.  she says she's not a medical professional but someone who likes to research on the subject.  the tumor is also at times quite painful, but that's always been so.  it bleeds regularly with the change of dressing, I now change it about once a day. I use memuka honey & now & then colloidal silver to keep down the bacteria to keep it from fumigating.  that was a horror, I must say.  Im glad I was warned about it here

• exbrnxgrl
    edited October 2013

Beesie is a gem who does indeed enjoy her research. She is incredibly knowledgeable and shares that knowledge generously. She is one of the best things about the bco boards. I would venture to guess, however, that she would never, never want her posts to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor a tool for self diagnosis.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited October 2013

Abigail, then you should contact your town hall, they usually have a department that coordinates that sort of thing.

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited October 2013

I wrote a long reply and posted and its not here.....

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited October 2013

Abigail, there is no evidence blood tests spread cancer but they do give a valuable insight in to your general health and can indicate state of other organs. Also you can have laser surgery which does not carry the risks of spread by cutting, others on this forum have had that.

There are so many variables in BC and alternative treatment is different according to what you are dealing with, you cannot safely self diagnose and self treat.....you are playing russian roulette with your life, and i wonder if you are actually so petrified you just dont want to know the reality of what you are dealing with?

• abigail48
    edited October 2013

all the 9/ll steel went to japan where they make surgical instruments.  prions can't be killed, autoclaved out.  I was a heroin addict:  I had a needle habit, I once shot so ca tap water into a vein.  I can't risk getting blood drawn, & no I'm not interested in knowing what theywould find as I wouldn't follow any of their advise.  I'm 77, my siblings live a continent away & I've not seen one of them for 16 years, the others for 2.  my truelove died going on 7 years ago now (amazing).  I'm still active, have many projects, not just drs, ins today, but I'm getting ready to move on

• abigail48
    edited October 2013

my town is a few hundered strong, there is a town hall but deps?  I don think so:  a tax office, a code enforcer's office & thats it

• abigail48
    edited October 2013

I have never nad a positive experience with a conventional medicin person, be interesting if a meet with a new dr, reccommended by a new good friend, will have any positive results like ability to get that everything ins.......I've not taken a pill in going on  7 years.  I used to take perhaps a forth of an asprin when I got a bad headache, but not going to start again with that.  it seems to me drs just make peodple sicker.

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    edited October 2013

Haven't we already had this useless conversation for pages and pages? Go and find that thread if you want to relive it for some bizarre reason and let's keep this on track about alternatives. Pretty please.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited October 2013

HLB,

I agree with you in principle. However, sometimes I feel the slap in the face and mockery of those who post and claim bc at the same time as I see those who really do have it fighting so hard to live. Liberal as I am, I can't accept an anything goes attitude when it comes to this.

• pupmom
    edited October 2013

The useless conversation is a result of some tall tales being told which do seem to mock those who have battled and are currently battling cancer. I've always thought it is an attention grabbing tactic. Jump on the cancer bandwagon and instantly get sympathy, personal connections etc. It's too bad that someone has to stoop to this level for attention, but it still feels like our real struggles are being minimized and faked.

• Annie54
    Annie54 Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2013

Abigail,

You don't need to already have Medicare....I didn't. As I understand it, the BCCCP program is seperate and open to anyone over 50, with no insurance and breast cancer. Not sure why you can't have a diagnosis before signing up....that's just what I was told by the breast center. Good luck with everything.

Annie

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    NattyOnFrostyLake Member Posts: 74
    edited October 2013

Yorkiemom, I thought you were going to stop defending your conventional treatment on the alternative thread. I hate to see you get so upset. You really should try defending conventional treatment on the conventional thread where you will get some support.

Hugs,

Natty

• pupmom
    edited October 2013

I don't have to defend conventional therapy. Science based research does that for me. And my recent criticism was not about alternative therapy. It was about bc posers, who make a mockery of real victims.

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    edited October 2013

Abigail, I missed seeing you. My fault since I've been away.

Have you had any good tips from Gary Null lately? I'm eating a better quality egg because of Gary. I was getting organic eggs but they weren't pastured so the hens were on cement all day and couldn't get bugs or nutrients from the soil.

I wish I had a neighbor with hens!

:) 

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    edited October 2013

So now you're defending being a "real victim"?

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    edited October 2013

This defending business is too confusing to me. Gotta walk the dogs. Bye!

Love to all...

• pupmom
    edited October 2013

Defending, no. Why would I need to defend that? I don't appreciate bc posers, that is all. 

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,481
    edited October 2013

Hi All, 

Maybe we should all pause for a moment. Sorry to see how heated and emotional things are getting. 

Thanks, All, 

The Mods

• jojo68
    jojo68 Member Posts: 336
    edited October 2013

Trying to change the subject....Was reading some very interesting articles today (which some may bash as they like to discredit Gonzalez/natural News etc...BUT, some interesting tidbits.)  I had previously been considering the Ketogenic diet...glad I didn't after reading these articles.  Try to read w/ open mind. I REALLY need to try these coffee enemas as I love the quote below about how tumours could possibly just be your body trying to store waste...so interesting.

http://www.coffee-enema.ca/gonzalezinterview1.htm

"God designed the body to work well, & when the body produces a tumor, it has a purpose. In the orthodox world & even in the unorthodox world, people think of tumors as the enemy to be destroyed. We believe that the tumors are a sign that the body is too filled with toxins, either inefficiently metabolized toxins from the from the body itself, or environmental toxins like heavy metals or pesticides. These toxins can overwhelm the liver's ability to process them, backing up & confronting the body with an enormous load of toxic waste that (we believe) produces tumors which are like accessory livers, the body's main detoxification organ. Tumors are actually the body's intelligent defense to sequester, store, & neutralize severe metabolic wastes."

http://www.naturalnews.com/035862_Suzanne_Somers_Nick_Gonzales_cancer.html

http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/dr-gonzalez-dismantles-ketogenic-diet-for-cancer/

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited October 2013

Annie .. I'm so glad you brought up the breast cancer program.  It saved my life as well.  I'm self-employed and did not have insurance when I was diagnosed.  The program is funded by Medicaid and every state is required to have this program.  It was signed into law by Bill Clinton.  It's technically a screening program for women who are underinsured or uninsured.  There is an income requirement level though.  I think for one person in the household the ceiling is $10,000 a year (here in Virginia).  With this program all your follow-up appointments and medications are covered.  I have a co-pay as well.

The Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Program truly saved me life.

hugs,

Bren