Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited December 2014

Awwww what a gorgeous puppy, but look at the size of that paw! Big puppy, very soon! Your room looks beautiful with the wrapped gifts and the silver soldier!

I hope the puppy helps your Husband, I have heard very good things, about animals and depression, lets hope it is just what he needs and the whole family will enjoy the new family member too.

OMG, you've all just reminded me of the best all you can eat Chinese place ever, it was about 45 minutes out of Atlanta and we went several times while Colin was working there. I couldn't get enough of the giant crab legs, "Thank you, Deadliest Catch!" It was amazing, the food was sensational. I love Sushi too, but will only eat it, in reputable places.

PRB, how was, the combo? hahaha You crack me up, you'll need a storage shed for all that product and I thought, I was bad!

Zills, you're a dynamo! I was ablle to stand my friend's coat a. It was, naturally, Winter and I could stay upwind of him, but it was really impressive to look at, so the smell was tolerated.

Sweating glitter? nope, but boy was I sweating after mowing yesterday and guess what? an hour after I finished the couple who help with the garden turned up. They had already done this month, but called in to see if we needed another tidy up and mow. I did try to call before I did it, but couldn't get them. Oh well it's done now. M x

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited December 2014

PRB you are killing me!!! I'm glad you found your product, but I feel bad for the poor deliver person that has to carry that box.

oh SGC, how adorable!!! More importantly, who wrapped those gorgeous gifts in the background??? Martha Stewart?

I don't get addicted to hair products or food products for that matter... for me its Yankee Candle discontinuing my favorite scents.. pisses me right the F off and then I go crazy buying up whatever I can find.

Funny you all are having trouble with the website and I don't have any trouble now, where I used to have all those problems earlier in the year.

DP, I love that you are dead up and dedicated to making these soup jars, yet don't know who they are going to... that's classic haha. I don't love that you are having trouble with your eyesight or the reasons why. F'ing cancer.

Did all my wrapping yesterday, except for Joe's things which I'll wrap after he goes to bed during the week and the tv I got my mom. Baked and froze or made up mix and refrigerated, peanut butter blossoms, Italian Christmas cookies (anise), dark chocolate macaroons, sugar cookies, shortbread cookies & chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies. I might make these chocolate peanut butter ones I am dying to try too, we'll see how it goes.. I'll finish baking Tuesday or Wednesday. I baked a batch of the Italian cookies and the house smells like anise which I love. I tried a new recipe for them, but didn't like it... so I have to redo that mix.

Been really tired this weekend, dozed off in front of the tv last night and woke up startled a couple hours later.. I never do that.

Hello to everybody, I'll catch up on others later maybe lol.

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

from the warm & fuzzy forum... made me laugh.

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

And this.. how the F did they manage to do this??

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited December 2014

The presents in the background are for my granddaughter and not my best work. I really get into making fancy bows, but the grands can't get the bows apart so I had to tone it down a bit. Allie seems to be taking all my time so i haven't been able to do my baking or finish wrapping yet! I really get into Christmas and got a 12 foot tree last year. The tree is snowmen with blue and silver balls. Yes, I am so obnoxious that I coordinate the wrapping paper to match the tree. I wish I had Martha's disposable income! Here is another picture of the little bugger!

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

Oh she is adorable! I'll tell you one thing, we are all coming over your house next year to have our presents wrapped... they are gorgeous.. I'm ashamed of mine lol.

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

Sooo... I lost one of my nails.. hmmmm.... hope they are digestible....

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited December 2014

OMG about the nail!!   Where do you think it went?

Allie is quite adorable!!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited December 2014

Ooooh! SGC! The puppy is so beautiful! I'm excited. Idesim, I will NOT be eating your cookies this year! Laughing that you had wrap envy when looking at picture of puppy! You have wrap bitterness! You are making me pee. Have been missing Joe stories. What flavor was that pudding pie? Did you dutifully eat it?

Z, "soup beans" sounds so good to me. Can I have recipe? Have been thinking of you at your fake family Christmas. Which brings me to some news... MD called this AM to announce that she and my dad are coming tomorrow. They want to leave off the gifts for my two and my brother's two kids. I had planned to have them at this nursery playdate thing so I could have a nap. I told her I'd be the only one home, and she said my brother wouldn't be home at all, and had left his garage open for her to put the presents in!

Now, here's the thing. My brother is off until past New Year's. The fact that she's bringing my nephews' presents tells me my brother is not going to MD's for Christmas dinner. He always goes. And the fact that he is not home tells me...he's on the road going to the Cougar's family's house for Christmas! HA HA HA HA HA!

Anyway, had quick convo with DLLP, then called MD back and shanghaiied her into taking my two to lunch and a movie -- 'spend some quality time with them,' I said. She had not offered. Kids are over the moon to see them. Bobo is going to be upset: he loves MD, but my dad is very scared of him. I will have to put him in backyard during the 'visit' before they go to movies. He will cry and cry as if his heart is breaking.

Love seeing Birdie swear! That makes my day. Hi Fia, you bad kitty! I have that wish for JSJ too.

DP, am worried about your vision. I am so looking forward to an update on the cyberknife. How are the steroids this time? I am glad you are eating. Agree there is nothing good on tonight. I am going to do Sound of Music sing-along while hopefully wrapping presents. I have not wrapped one present!

Andrea, do you feel better? I am just dreading your giant trip for you. I bet you are more optimistic and go-getting about it. M, cannot believe your yard frenzy! I thought you had a gardener with lovely new dog that plays with Dex?

DP, have got a big bone in freezer for bobo that he is not allergic to. That was going to be his Christmas. But now may have to splash out on it tomorrow to make him feel better while in the backyard! Don't think I am not going to walk around in bikini -- I am. I am going to go bikini shopping. Am not going to even get one off internet. It is as about as surprising as if Kirstie Alley were walking around in a bikini. It is extremely unlikely of me to even wear bathing suit.

Christmas madness!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited December 2014

PRB and I reply to ourselves. Forgot to say Fake MD Christmas tomorrow! And also... you all must STOP with the synthetic chemical old school products! The fact that they are so old school makes them even more toxic, I think! I thrill to the story of PRB scoring all that good product, but I must say something! And, Idesim, M and I were TRYING to get you off Yankee Candle! That is not organic! Please can you just not put a drop of essential oil into the puddling warm wax of a burning organic soy-based or beeswax candle? Is it really too much to ask?

PRB, you are relatively new and on a shopping high so you will get a pass. Idesim, you are DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

:)

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

Oh.My.Dog.

Look at the size of those paws! Danes are big, she's gonna be a really big one! But sweet natured!

Crappy day here. A cop was shot, and run over by a scumbag in the small town I worked from. Tarpon Springs.

Then this afternoon 11 people were hit by lightening after the Bucs game in Tampa. 6 to hospital.

Shitful day and weather!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited December 2014

in the bag SJS for your LAST chemo. Hip hip horray!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited December 2014

Oh Spookiesmom, that's awful. Bad, bad day.

We have also just had something shocking, a woman has stabbed and murdered seven of her children and her niece. They were aged between 18 months and 14 years. Her eldest at 20 years of age, came home to that. Geez. No words.

Yay for Jsj

Off to make pancakes for lunch, with the fresh strawberries and maple syrup, yum.

Love Allie. 😄

Xxx

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2014

That woman has been on the news here, too. I'm not surprised she's alive. Stabbing yourself is pretty difficult. 7 of the kids were hers. I knew I had all I could handle with 2. Those pancakes really sound good.

I can wrap 2 packages before my back hurts too bad to continue. I finished the last 2 I needed to wrap this afternoon. I left the boy's books to DH while I wrapped the ungodly shaped toys. Do you suppose there's a prize each year for the designer of the hardest toy to wrap?

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

In the bag for last chemo! 

Bobo: I am always thrilled to hear more of the MD saga.  And YAY, kids get lunch and movie. Poor Bobo dog. I hope he doesn't cry too much in back yard.

Spooks and Dawny:  those are really awful things that happened today. Just shitful.

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Bobo, you missed the post where I said that I had called the people who help with the garden, on Saturday, but couldn't get them. They have already been this month, so I thought I better do the lawns, in case they weren't available this week. About an hour after I had finished everything and was face down on the couch, sweating and filthy, they turned up to see if we wanted any gardening done! I have them booked for Wednesday morning to do the outside street mowing and to tidy up the lakeside a bit. It was good exercise, but I have a flare up of RA and my hands don't work today.

Dawny, and Spookiesmom, I just cant fathom how these terrible things happen. I "get" that some find suicide their way out, but to take children and then do a half assed attempt at either trying to divert suspicion, or to take your own life, is just impossible to understand. That poor girl, the daughter who found them.

That Policeman was just at work, doing his job, what are people thinking?

JSJ, I am in the bag too for your last kick ass treatment. You have done so well!

OOhhhh Bobo, it is turning into a real soap opera, your brother has cast a blow that will strike at the heart of MD, No Christmas at her houseI am almost feeling sorry for her, but wait, no, I am not! I am feeling sorry for your Dad, he is going to have to listen to it, going on and on and on!

ldesim, I am sitting here with my nails ready to apply, just making sure I don't have any more super hand things to do, well my hands are like two swollen ham hocks, right now, but I may still apply the nails. Hmm, I hope your missing one doesn't turn up in the food, or perhaps someones beautifully wrapped gift! hahahaha

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited December 2014

the world is full of FUCKTARDS. I don't even know how many people function through a day.

Z was today fake Xmas for you? How was it? Or am I getting confused?

Steroids going ok. Sure that is what is letting me eat. Hate to say that I think my dose needs to be higher. Too much headache scares me. Especially since I'm on so much pain meds. I hoiksnf be feeling anything. Going to ask about tomorrow. Chemo in the afternoon. Anxious to hear about cyber knife too. Feeling the clock ticking again. Also anxious to see tumor markers. Scared nothing is going to work for me.

Love that bro is going to cougars family for Xmas. Does MD know that and just isn't admitting it to you? Surely. Whatever makes him happy!

Didn't accomplish anything today. Didn't feel too well overall. Have list to go back to store, hopefully after chemo tomorrow, to finish jars. And a growing list of things I insist on being cleaned before Santa gets here.

Andrea must have gotten packed and on the way. Hope she feels better. About due for an hour of sleep now. Back later I'm sure.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2014

Nope. Still here. I felt shitty with sinus ressure this morning and dreaded getting out of bed. But so much to get done before we leave on Tuesday.

Actually as the day has progressed I am feeling better.

Dreadful news of all the senseless killings.

My guinea pigs and dogs are going to my friend's house while we are gone. She and her kids spoil them rotten.

In the bag for you tomorrow DP. Time to hear about how well the cyber knife is going to work.

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

Yes, fingers crossed that JSJ is able to have her final chemo and be all done for Christmas. In the bag for you DP tomorrow. and hoping we get some news on the cyber knife.

You will never tear me away from my candles, tarts and plug-ins.. never I say! I used to make candles and always used a soy/beeswax combination. I use essential oils too and I use that cute little burner you guys got me, but more in the summer.

I do have wrapping envy, or more specifically bow envy.. I could try all day long and not produce something as beautiful as those presents lol. I would not be able to open those presents if they were given to me... the present would be the present ha!

Bobo, I'm loving these MD developments, but I do feel bad for your dad, how is he doing?

Dawny & Spookie, those are both horrific stories.. I have not had the news on today and now I am glad I didn't.. I'll hear all about it soon enough I am sure.

Wren, do your presents look like SGC's? What do you think would be a good prize for the most difficult to wrap toy?

Merry fake Christmas Zils!

M, your poor hands!! They will feel much better with pretty nails! I"m curious to hear how those stick on ones work... I bought some of those too, but haven't tried them yet.

No sign of the missing nail, I'm hoping it went down the drain as I was washing up.

Heading to bed.. sweet dreams to all.

• AndreaJ50
    edited December 2014

Stinkin cute horse...umm I mean dog. Love great danes, but you're going to need a bull dozer to clean up the poop.

That sucks about your yard M, timing is everything. Lol

My DH informed us that ducks have penises. So, apparently do geese and swans. Most other birds do not. Just in case you were wondering. Try googling it....but I warn you the image will be seared into your brain for life!!

SGC best wishes for last chemo!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2014

Perhaps the prize for worst package design should be a week in a gift wrapping department at Christmas.

My packages look like a 10yo wrapped them. On the other hand, they are going to grade school boys who regard wrapping as something to rip off as soon as possible, so I don't really care. I have no talents along those lines. When we bought our house a family member asked me how I was going to decorate it. I thought it already was.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited December 2014

Ignoring wise advice of Bobo so that I can leave the house. Yes, my hair is that ugly without this product...it's either that or perms, and I thought I was making progress when I gave those up a couple of years ago.

Decorated the tree today. This real tree is much smaller than my fake tree and it looks great.. Have a ton of bulbs that we didn't put on, and kept it low key with all special ornaments. I forgot how prickly real trees are and you can't just bend stuff to meet your hanging needs! Have a mild LE flair up so I'll be wearing my glove tonight.

In the bag for DP and JLS...may you both get good news/results. DP I know you are worried, but we are here standing behind you and sending good vibes down to Texas. Maybe cyberknife will be the start of something great.

OK.. off to bed.. can't keep my eyes open.

• AndreaJ50
    edited December 2014

Oh, I meant to you my husband found a house he was interested in renting . Everything seemed fine until i mentioned that was the house where a 16 year old had shot and killed his father two year ago. The house went to auction and has been totally fixed up.

My husband wont entertain the idea now. Lol.

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Wrenn, I have done that! I worked in the cosmetic department of a large department store for many years. I took their wrapping classes heaps of times. There were so many "In" things, like the baskets with the cellophane that you had to shrink wrap with a heat gun. I loved doing that, because you only had a millisecond before you had gone to far and a hole appeared! Haha The other girls would get me to do theirs, because I could get it as tight as a drum, before it split. Then there was the million ringlets of ribbons and the double taffetta bows, pleated boxes, you name it! and it was all done inside a toxic cloud of French Perfume, that didn't let up till after the holidays, no wonder I ended up here.

Andrea, I can kind of understand you Husband's hesitation. I'd have second thoughts about that house too. I have too active an imagination to not get myself into a tizz, if anything strange happened.

There was a terrible murder not far from me back in the 90's where 2 sisters, who had moved from the country to Melbourne. Their parents had looked around for a house to buy for them to share. They came up with a lovely 2 story town house across the road from a small shopping mall, with transport nearby and a nice residential area. The parents were so happy to have found what they thought was a safe place for their country raised girls.

Right on Christmas, our equivalent to your 911 had a call that they thought was a prank because no one spoke, when the call was answered. It was ignored, but it turned out that a man living in a block of apartments next door, had knocked on the sisters door, with some sort of request, apparently they recognized him and let him in. He murdered them both and took off in his car, to far Western Australia.

I drove past the house on the morning the girls were discovered, on my way to the airport for work. The place was filled with Police and Forensics and I heard the story unfold, on my car radio. A couple of days later a man in Western Australia filled his car with gas at a remote service station and took off without paying. A Policeman, who just happened to be nearby took the call from the station owner and began chasing the car. When the man pulled over, he pulled out a gun to shoot the Cop, but the cop got him first. When they started the investigation and this Dickhead was taken to the Morgue, they discovered bloody clothing and a knife, in his car. Yep, it was the pond scum, who killed the 2 girls.

I drove past that house every time I went to work and although it was sold again after all this happened, it always looked so sad and flat to me. I read that a friend of the girls went there to get personal things for the girls parents and she said it had the same happy feel inside, that it always had when the girls were there. I found that interesting. I heard later, that the new owner got the house for a song and only bought it as a rental.

Well, I don't know where that came from!

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited December 2014

what a creepy and sad story m. I know it sounds crazy but I've always been a believer that houses have a soul and a memory. Creepy house stories:

Ex's grandmas house was built in early 1900s and was soo awesome but the kids had let it become so neglected in her final years. When she passed and we cleaned out the house, I told him that I could feel the house weeping. And I really could. The kids planned to sell it and they did to someone who gutted it inside. All of the neat old features just wiped. away. It always looked so sad from the outside after that. Even though the outside was unchanged.

When bond was house hunting a couple of years ago, he put a bid on a HUD that we called 80s house. I hated it from the start. It had a lot of vandalism damage, didn't care for the layout really, just didn't like it. He could have easily fixed the damage but I just hated it. After he put it in the bid, it occurred to me that the house had bad bad vibes. Especially in one of the smaller bedrooms. I became convinced that bad things happened in the house and my feeling of dread just got worse and worse. I just knew bond would have bad things happen if he moved there. Thankfully his bid was turned down.

I was always scared of the kitchen in my grandmas house. It was just creepy at night. Had many middle of the night creepy experiences with it as a child. Found out many years later that previous owner hung himself in kitchen. One of my uncles attempted suicide twice in the house. You guessed it, in the kitchen.

The end.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited December 2014

No way would I move into a place where someone had been killed.  There's a house kitty-corner from me where 2 people were killed.  It was big news, someone threw a pipe bomb into the house and killed the man and woman who were renting it.  Turns out the guy was a big time drug dealer and rumor has it that when the workers were stripping down the inside, they found over 100k hidden in the walls.  The house was fixed up, but you can still see the charred shingles on the roof.  Someone bought it, and I often wonder if there's some kind of law that let's potential buyers know that human remains were in there.  They arrested some guy and took him to trial, but the jury found him innocent.  The people who were killed were only in their 20's. 

So can someone please tell me why.. when I am on vacation, that I am up before 7 a.m....but on work days I just want to stay in bed?  Really ticks me off I can't sleep in.  

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Oooh DP, so it isn't just me! I feel like that about houses too. I had some weird experiences in my parents house and would you believe in Colin 2's old house, that was a really, really creepy place.

On the other hand, I have had some of the most amazing positive vibes from this house, that we are in now. It didn't need any smudging or anything. The one we built before we came here, had one very creepy room, even though we had demolished the old house, which had been abandoned by the son, of the previous owner, after she died. He painted the inside of the house black and then just walked out and left it for 12 years. Someone managed to track him down to ask if he'd sell it. He did and then they put it on the market and that's when Colin bought it. He rented it out for years and when we got together we decided to build what we thought, would be our forever home there. We were there for nearly 14 years.

How you doing,this early morning? I have been on the phone to Bec for ages. Remember the neighbor that kept adding all the crap statues, religious icons flashing lights, outdoor furniturre and stuff to the common ground of the apartment block? Well she just kept going with it and I helped Bec write a letter to the agent, to ask if anything could be done about it, since it is getting out of control and the woman has now planted daisy bushes where the path to the clothes lines are behind the block, so everyone has to take the long way around the block of apartments. The agent told Bec that she contacted the tenant and advised her that everything has to go and thanked Bec for letting them know that it had had escalated and become dangerous, because there was more furniture blocking the walkways etc.. It is now a Occupational Health and Safety issue. Apparently the tenant took offense at being asked to remove the stuff and guessed it was likely Bec who had contacted the agent and has now started trying to get other tenants onside and is ostracizing Bec. The next door neighbor to Bec, who has been very vocal in her dislike for the changes too, seems to have been shmoozed and talked into giving Bec a hard time over it. She has been giving Bec the look of a thousand deaths for the last couple of days. I find the whole thing so petty and ridiculous and can't believe these women are acting like petulant school children, but I know Bec is feeling uncomfortable about it all. She has been friends with her next door neighbor for 8 years, who is in her 80's and has recently been in treatment and surgery for mouth cancer. Bec has done her shopping, taken her garbage out, called in to see her most days, etc. I can really understand how upset she is, as the hoarding and bad taste tenant, has only been there about a year.

I can't tell you how much it still makes me boil, when I hear this kind of bullying crap, Bec may be approaching 40 and an articulate and well balanced woman,, but I still react like a lion at the thought of anyone giving her a hard time. I remember my Mother being just the same with me and boy, was she good, if she had to have a confrontation, about anything. What I wouldn't give, to go down there and tell these 2 silly bitches where to get off. M x

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Ha ha PRB, that's another of the mysteries of life, staying in bed when you can, is not as easy as wanting to stay, when you can't! LOL

My first ex husband's parents, had an old house which had the weirdest thing that would happen there. When you went to bed and the place was quiet you would hear the sounds of someone in their slippers scuffing up the hall, to the bedrooms. It wasn't scary or creepy, just something that used to happen, my ex Father in law always said it was the house's memory, it was something that was done over and over and it was imprinted in the house. I don't know if that's it, but he believed that.

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

OOOO,, Creepy house stories in the morning!  Glad I didn't read right before bed! I don't have any to share, but I too think that houses have memories and remaining energy from what occured within.

I know the feeling PRB.   Been there too

In the bag, DP!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

one of the houses my dad built when I was young, was on an old family cemetery plot. One head stone had a plaque attached that said the guy had died in the Revolutionary War!

Every time the wind blew the door open, I was convinced it was him coming inside