Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited December 2014

I reply to myself. Everyone is so funny right now!

Birdie (am paraphrasing): I don't keep walnuts in the house. I certainly don't want to accidentally kill DD.

Z (this made me pee, because, indeed, I believe it is true): I'm confused. Tried scrolling back but man we are a chatty bunch!

SGC did you do the pretty pkgs and have a Great Dane puppy?

That's what my poor brain says and I don't know how that's right.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited December 2014

I am totally picturing Dawny tossing cake in the garbage can!  And Bobo,, I love that you hide the nuts.  Black kids don't get allergies???   Who did you punch?   Who can I punch??  *** angry ***  

My allergies were dismissed when I was a kid,, but I was a real weirdo back then.  It wasn't common.  But they are so common today, I just don't know how people dismiss them.  Really freaks me out.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited December 2014

Oh, I so want to do that with the cake! It is a roll up one too, chocolate with chocolate frosting rolled up. DH was cutting a piece last night and DD wanted to walk past, she jumped back, distancing herself from the cake, in case the eggs jumped out at her. 😔

I haven't posted a photo of myself in the back yard, who did that, I need to see it? I am blonde, though. Hate having my photo taken, have put on 20 kilos since diagnosis. Stress makes me eat.

DD wanting me to play another board game with her, it is going to be a long six weeks off school.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

6 weeks off school? Why? Our kids get 1 at thanksgiving, 2 for Christmas, 1 for spring break. Then off 10 for summer. And a day off at least once a month

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited December 2014

Oh I must clarify... This is Not my home it is mt oldest son's in Wisconsin and Dil knows how to set a table! At one time she was part owner of an antique store all the while being an engineer. This is a lovely home but it is 6300 sq ft and I could not keep it up. I have a very small house and can't keep up to it at times.

How are you today DP? Send Bobo after these idiots! They are sapping the strength out all of us can only imagine what it is doing to you.

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

Yeah, DP! Let us at 'em!

ND! 6300 sq feet? I can vacuum my whole house with my vacuum in one plug, it is as big as my cord.

Dawny! Six weeks off school? Oh my good lord. Shame on DH for eating that cake still. ***Santa, throw that cake away... Santa... secretly throw that cake away...*** Dawny, you throw the next cake away, while everyone is watching, then give them the French-flavored silence. Santa can do this one.

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

I reply to myself. DP, if there is a package from me, have Bond open it for you now. You will really like what's inside. X

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2014

I did take a decongestant before I flew. Actually I feel great. Cant wait to see all my grand babies!!!wontbe long now.

So sorry PRB that you didnt join the list. But i will send you a card and snowflake when I get home. Please msg me your address. It has been delightful getting the cards. Will keep them up after Christmas.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited December 2014

Andrea, how many grand babies do you have, you made it sound like dozens! And it doesn't seem possible that you have grand babies, you have a tween, how can you have grandbabies too? Please explain.

Yes, shame on my DH for eating the cake, i may just shove it in his face, have always wanted to do that, like in the movies.

Aussie kids have six weeks off over Christmas which is our summer. They start the next year level when the go back end of Jan, start of Feb. The school year is split into four terms, they have two weeks off after term 1, two weeks off at the end of term 2, two weeks off at the end of term 3 and then six weeks off at the end of term 4/Christmas. So twelve weeks off overall. Plus a few days here and there during the years. Pretty good life, really, isn't it?

ND, lovely house for a vacation! So do you know what is in that stripeypresent?! Lol

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

What's in the package????

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited December 2014

it is a snow-board for the 12year old grandson from his Dad! These boys love to ski and sno-board. This is a huge house and there is a half court basketball court below the garage! Ds did not build it, when the crunch hit in 2008 the original owner lost it and it was on market for a couple years.

I love depression glass too but have to be very careful doing dishes...maybe I won't!

Andrea glad you are feeling better, thinking og DP! She hasn't been here today has she? Wondering?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

the time off from school was one of the few things I enjoyed about working there for 23+ years. You do get spoiled, darn near impossible to work in the "real" world

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited December 2014

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF! I lost a LONG ASS POST!

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

I give up, I have lost 3 f'ing posts.. my browser keeps closing WTF!

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

how annoying!!!

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

I am laughing because we are all wondering what is in the package in Ndgirl's picture.. we are like a bunch of little kids :)

I think I thanked everybody for cards in the other thread.. but I am all out of sorts now... so thank you again for cards they make me smile when I see them. PRB, I am sorry you were left out of the festivities :(

Z, speaking of cards... thanks for the shiny colored dots that are all over my kitchen floor and I am sure I will be finding for the next couple of months. If your ears start ringing, it is because I am cussing you out!!!! :) At least they are pretty!

posting

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited December 2014

Waving to amdrea in Canada. So glad you're feeling better. Hope you have a blast with those grand babies.

I can't keep up with the time difference either bobo. So is Santa actually flying over m's house right now or not? I'm not sure. No bobo package.

I did her the time and energy to open all the parcels and mail today. I sat for a while eating delicious cookies and looking at the lovely cards. Everyone's kids are beautiful and wren your card is just beautiful. I can't remember who all tey were from in the big pile but thank you to everyone. My little table where I always put them is so full it can't hold another card. It is very pleasing to bond. Said it's a great problem to have. Z I just love the gleam in BGs eyes. In that top pic her face is saying "what! What?!" And bobo what a beautiful princess. Love her hair. And the boys are cute too.

GPs closed on house today. Christmas miracle. Poor bond is helping them right now because they insisted in spending tonight at new house. So glad it's over. Now they just need to get moved in.

No insurance news today. Must accept that it will be after New Years now. Ugh

Got a bit done today before being interrupted with house stuff. Still must clean tomorrow. And finish soup jars. Still...

Took pills and wanting to size off now but should really ride with bond. Back later

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

I see Spookie is showing off again with her damn temperature posts... pffft.

M, Merry Christmas Eve.. give Bec love from us :)

Beautiful pics NDgirl, I too love the depression glass, especially that color which I haven't seen much of... I'd be too afraid to eat off it, let alone washing them. That house is way too big.. my house is like 1100 square feet and it's more than enough for us, especially when it comes to cleaning.

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

OH, DP,,, so happy that you and Bond love the cards!  And SOOOO freaking happy that the GP's have their house!  Bond is such a good guy for helping them get moved in tonight!!   Can't believe 2 days before Christmas, they are in the house.  Amazing.

F***king insurance!!  Boooo on that.

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

Glad you had a better day today DP... aren't the cards great.. such a small thing, but I love it. You and those damn soup jars. I was hoping you'd get news before xmas.. but perhaps we'll start the year off right instead and get much waited for good news.

Glennie, yes it is.. I am steaming hopping mad.. I think I might do the humpy back.

Z, I am loving BG scooping all the shiny little gifts and carting them off... that is so adorable. They are both at the perfect ages to make Xmas so wonderful.

Bobo, I think I already commented on your V situation... I am all flummoxed.. hope I spelt that right. Bobo, I laugh to death at your posts, you are so damn theatrical.. I wish I possessed even an ounce of that talent.. I could read for hours stuff that you write. Anyhow, I wanted to say that I cannot BELIEVE how big your two got in a year's time!!! OMG!!! I have to find last years picture.. I really can't believe the difference! Did I already tell you that i was disappointed you and DLLP weren't in it too? I think I did, but now you know just how disappointed I am haha. I'm loving how you can take something as innocent as a pretty yule log cake and bring up a penis.

Dawny, wtf... why don't you ask MIL if she'll eat some poison so you can see how she'll react? Yes, please smash the cake in his face and please be sure to take a pic and post for us of his cake mashed face :)

Andrea, glad you are feeling better and glad you arrived safely.

Ok, hope I didn't miss anybody, if I did, know that I probably responded in one of the lost posts lol.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2014

I'm disappointed in Bobo. Dawny should smash the cake in MIL's face while DH watches. If any is left the rest can go in DH's face. And NEVER EVER let Mil babysit alone. I remember reading a description of anaphlatic (sp) shock written by an allergist. He said you needed to be holding an epi pen or you could lose the kid. And he was the doctor.

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

I defer to Wren who has a MUCH better idea.. yes smash it in her face and then mash his face with any leftovers!! Love it!!! Wren is turning evil!! First hollering, then swearing.. now this!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited December 2014

Boy getting sick. BG still not 100%. Probably won't be until her tonsils are out. Come on 2015. DH going to be home for FIVE days. Does anyone know how to stop this train?

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

When I was about 12, I read a magazine article about a man who went into anaphylaxis from eating ONE peanut.  Even his own doctor was amazed that only one peanut did it.  Had a profound effect on me!

we want cake smashing pictures.  

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

Zils.. RUN! (at least for 5 days)

• ldesim
    edited December 2014

Glennie, that's how dangerous I've understood it to be.. it's no laughing matter for sure.

*starts cake mashing chant*

Night ladies.. Merry Eve before Christmas Eve unless you are in Australia, then I think it's Merry Christmas Eve day :)

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited December 2014

Just a quick one. Bec fell asleep on the train and didn't call me at the little town an hour away, so here am I flitting around, talking to Colin 2 on the phone and making another 10 Sun Catchers, which were ordered for Boxing Day and I get a call from Bec to say she's in town. I flew in there and had to go to get the last few items from the supermarket. Bec is in bed and I am getting ready to set the table, it is 3.30pm on Christmas Eve here and I am ready for a nap too.

I want to see the mashed cake in MIL's face too!

Got SGC's card today, that is one of the funniest cards ever, I love it!

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

Yay!  Bec is home, and it's almost Christmas for you!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited December 2014

You all are going to have such a wonderful time.

Our allergist said be anal. Every exposure increases his risk. No nuts or seeds. Have outgrown the eggs but still careful when he's asthmatic, like now. I have recipes for egg free cookies.

Crazy weather not helping. 60 and rain doesn't put one in the Christmas spirit.

Can't sleep. Took sudafed to clear up ear. Also hot and hungry. Going to be a long day.

I think we should lock all our insensitive family members in a room together.

Beautiful dining room. In my dreams. Maybe I'll drag out the holiday tablecloth. We do have festive napkins and candles.

Yes did some shopping. Dogfood. Extra 10% off plus $5 coupon. Silly dog likes high dollar lamb and we are almost out.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited December 2014

Just about to sit down for dinner. I found these while looking for something else. I think this was another Christmas. Bec and Vi sharing a laugh and Vi, being Vi!

imageimage