Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

haha m. It's the YouTube hippies trying to pick fruit from your yard for smoothies. Hehe

That pic was December 2012. 3 months prior to my bc diagnosis. Not really so long ago but truly a lifetime ago.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

here's one a little older m. It is Halloween 2010. I bet you might be the only one able to guess my costume. Just zoom in on my mouth and the t shirt logo. Rest of it was short shirts and an apron with same logo patch and a serving tray. That was a fun year. I think I would love to see you in some costume.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Ooooh DP, at Merlotts from TruBlood, I love it! Those teeth are so real looking!

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

I just went through some pics and found my favorites. I don't have anything in costume DP.

This is something I had always wanted, a pic inside the engine of a 747/400. I didn't get it till United made us all redundant. This was taken on my last day, after over 11 years with the airline. sob!

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

This was taken at Christmas 2011, one of my girlfriends is in Harley Davidson Club and every year, they would come to the area where we lived, for a picnic, after delivering toys to the Children's Hospital.

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

I think you've seen this one DP, this was a modeling shot when I was about 18, I am sure we have spoken of the over the knee boots!

I was contacted by the guy in the background recently. on FB, he was a roadie at the time!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

omg m. I had not seen that one. How gorgeous. You look so tall in that airplane! But I think the Harley is my fave.

More specifically, I was Jessica from TB lol. See my hair is red but you can't see the braid coming around the side. Lol I am always about the details in costumes. Even though I know no one else will notice. Part of my OCD. I guess.

Now I've been going through the pics on my phone. Looking for some good pics of tth dogs to print on this groupon wood block thing I want. Shit no more spending. Anyway. I love it because it kind of tells a story. I take pictures of so much random stuff that get put into texts to people. It keeps them right in order with the other pics. I can watch my whole medical drama unfold and then there are little memoirs of all the events in between.

At the time I started taking a lot if pics along all of the treatments, I had in mind that I would make one of those flash photo videos that showed my whole journey in 5 minutes or something. That idea has definitely lost it's luster now that it is no longer a "journey" to get through but my life to live, but it's still kind of sentimental to look back on them for myself. Even the horrid red glow coming off the radiation pics I took every day holds bittersweet memories. Ha. I am looking enviously on a couple of these hair growth pics. The first one is when I first started going wigless an the second is about where it was when I lost it all again.

Btw bobo, I had vowed to only use wen for the rest of eternity. Had been using about a month or two and it was really changing my already changed hair. I had bought the gallon because I liked it so much. Learned the secret was to use more not less. I digress. Hair. Drool.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

and also, I still look nothing like these pics now either. That first bit of steroids and the wbr have transformed me into a monster. image

Stupid curly hair. I would be happy to have back now. Lol. Ok no more selfies. I'm not a kardashian. Now I want to see what everyone else looks like. Share share.

Bond lot the fire for me when he got up. It's pretty and warm. Was finally able to position myself just where I could breath and used my inhaler which I have only done once before. So I slept a few hours. Goin to try for a little more. Have labs today and going to get new phones with my mom.before that. Hate the damn AT&T store. Always a pain. Bingo leg waves to everyone!

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Of course Jessica! I have to admit I was torn with Arlene and Jess, (red hair) but Bec said "Definitely Jess!" The hairstyle is perfect, I didn't see the braid.

Love this last shot of you, your eyes, are really something!

I have never tried WEN, I know Bobo likes it but I have to use so much product, to make my hair look natural! LOL

Any more pics of the dogs?

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

I couldn't resist this one, this was when I had cleavage! LOL Taken right before we moved here.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

oooo, nice deer pic, ND!   I love that they stare right in your window.    DP, that's a great pic of you.  YAY on getting the Vitamix! Another member of the Vitamix club.

Ava is still limping. we go back to the vet on Thurs.  Went to bed at 10.  I will be missing that bedtime when I go back to work tonight. Can't believe I have to go back to work tonight. *sigh*  I thought the hot flashes were getting better,, but I have discovered that they are temperature dependent. I have less when the weather is cold. It was warm here yesterday when I got back. And last night I woke up mulitiple times sweating,,,,,, makes me wonder how I will deal with summer.  So not sure about continuing the Prozac,,, cuz I am still having hot flashes.

oh, i missed a page of posts again. Must go read more.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

I have to find pics to post. Not that many on my Ipod,, will have to post more when I have the old desktop on.  I have one that a friend took pre-BC when we took Ava to the ice cream store. I'm bending over and I have HUGE cleavage cuz of my bending over. I never had huge cleavage, it was the angle,, but my friend kidded me about it forever,,, until BC. Oh well.

Love seeing the pics!  M:  in the plane!  and those Boots!  Love it.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

I didn't get a pic of the city sign but I took a couple pics of magnets in the airport for our Princess!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Selfie with Ava.  Not much of me on the Ipod.  Many of Ava!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

well who can resist cleavage??

Oh Ava. Another shot where I just want to squeeze her cheeks off! Sucks to go back to work tonight. Play time over.

It is so hard to get good pics of these dogs. Can't see them when they are together cuz it's black on black blobs. The flash and dimness makes the lighting funky too. Only have a couple of good ones. Need to go on old laptop and look. Also need to figure out how to get these pics off my phone. It stopped promoting me to download when I plug it in and I can't figure out how to do it. Anyone?? Help. Better figure iit out in the next hour I guess. Lol

I do have this pic of my BABY Black Dog who I had to leave with ex for his own good. He used to be all black except a couple toes. Now look at the old man. He is very glamorous and metro. His favorite color is hot pink and I swear both he and his bro were raised by cats, the way they groom.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

No selfies of me and my many chins. Lots of pics of the fur kids

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

Chitopilo. The reason I could not bring Black Dog with me. Could not separate them. Chitopilo is daddy's boy. Black Dog was mommas boy. But I also knew that they loved D just a little more than me. He spent a lot more time with them. They are part of the reason I stayed as long as I did. image

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

ahhh,, sweet dog pics.  I bet it was hard to leave them.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

I mentioned before that I was looking for a nice waist bag. Saw a couple online but didn't buy before I left. While at an upscale mall in Charlotte, I found this bag. It's roomy. Nice leather. And I don't think it makes me look like a total spaz. image

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Very Very hard to leave. I agree.

I love the short chemo hair. Maybe I should chop mine off. Trying to grow a Bob but thicker now and getting flat. Doeswen come without nut oils or fragrance free? Might be good for BG but boy?

Love the Charlotte magnets. How clever of you to think of that.

Prefer the airplane pix. No cleavage before or after for me.

Would be freaky seeing the deer but kinda cool.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

Boy's first hour with us. One of my best days. Spent extra time to get hair right. Usually just go and ends flip out. image

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

Hot flashes for me are caffeine related, stress related and positional. Can only change positions at night x number of times before I get one. But they are less. Can't stand heat and humidity. Must run away for the summer.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

What a great pic, Z!!!  Boy is adorable and you look so happy!

Interesting about positional changes setting off HF. Will have to notice that.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

cute bag glennie

Great pic z. Y'all both look so happy. I HATED that curly mop. But like I said it sounds good now thatvivan completely bald again. Ha!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

I am quite sure wen has allergen free formulas. There are about a dozen if them and also special kid formulas. I swore I would never use shampoo again and wished I had started from the time my hair started growing back so it would be wen virgin. Lol. If i get lucky enough to have hair again I wil do that.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

mom has some stomach bug. No phone shopping today. Went to bath & body works this morning. They had a $10 off coupon but it was in store only. I have bond addicted to wallflower oil scents. They were on big sale. The one near me is INSIDE the mall. Ugh. And through my favorite store Dillard's and didn't even look at anything. Wasn't too bad. Tired now though. Waiting in gma to bring me to labs. Want a nap. Internet is not working today. Guy coming between 5 and 7. Have things I wanted to work in. Oh well.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

Exposing ignorance here. What is Wen?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

Shampoo. Supposed to be great for your hair, tried it. Not impressed by it, or its price

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Ooooh, love the pics of the dogs DP, I can imagine how hard to leave, the dog, not the husband! Just kidding!LOL

What is wallflower oil scents? I love essential oils, but don't know what this is.

Lovely shot of you and Ava, Glennie! Love that bag, great color

Z, that is such a beautiful shot, you just radiate happiness.

I have never tried Wen, they sell it on our shopping channel, but I can't get my head around a shampoo, that doesn't foam up???

Overcast today, but think we will still go to Lakes Entrance for the day, seafood lunch here we come!