Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

Yay for dress description and photo!!  The Princess definitely needs a crown of flowers. She will be so pretty with white dress and yellow flowers in her hair!  And love the shoe tradition. 

I did not think South American lesbians counted,, but she was the only one we could think of who wears foundation on a regular basis.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

The dress sounds lovely!! What is DLLP wearing? I too love the shoe tradition, that is so romantic. The braids take hours don't they? They are pretty when done though.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

Flash! I saw online today that foundation and BB creams are so yesterday. The new thing is a Korean compact and you use a sponge to apply it. I've never heard of any of the brands, so I expect quite expensive. I already use a sponge to apply either foundation or BB cream because I can't stand getting it on my fingers. Supposedly the new stuff is very light.

DD learned to braid hair when she babysat for our next door neighbors little girls before and after school. She made money in college doing braids for women in her dorm.

Bobo, The dresses sound very pretty. What will DLLP wear?

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

oh my gosh she is. I want to chew on her cheeks too! I love those glasses. Super cool.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

glennie can you come help me too? Internet down for secod time this week. Pretty sure it is effin Charters fault though. It's free an I still want a refund. Surely te people who pay for this can't be satisfied. I moved allnokdnfikesnover from binds old laptop today and got all the photos organized. That led me to check out moviemaker. I made what was supposed to be my year of bc treatment video. It didn't make me as sad as I expected. I was showing one to bond from YouTube though and hers made me weep. Anyhow the internet went down so I couldn't finish it. All I needed now was music. Kind Of impressed with myself. I never made anything like that before.

Idesim has read more of the lesbian handbook than bobo. Ha! And wren is up in the makeup trends. Y'all should pay attention.

Now let me get this none straight queen bobo. You are willing to wear freaking nude pantyhose but not a luminizer on your face??? FFS! I have not worn hose since 2000 and that was because I had to wear a suit every dauber work. To gmas horror, I refused to were them to my own wedding, in Vegas! Pantyhose are the ultimate in unnatural restriction as wit leave you near as radiant as some simple makeup. Good lord woman! If I am able to pull off a trip to do your makeup you better darn well let me do it! Especially whilst bribing you with hundreds of dollars of wen products, you think you would be encouraging me. I suppose I need to also pack self tanner for those legs. If you need warmth, I think you should wear footless lace tights. Not that 50-60 is that cold. Oh my gosh, I need to leave now. When is it again?

Didn't do a thing today really. Did cook soup for dinner. Other than that I stayed perched in my princes position and worked on the computer all day, basking in the warmth. Never got a nap in. Took two more hydro a while ago. Side hurting. Must be time for draining again. I was really wanting to hear that chemo was workig and see the fluid reducing before I did though. Tomorrow afternoon going to attempt to go to old house and get something's. Hope I feel well enough. He's being funny all of a sudden. Doesn't want me there alone or going through things. He will go through my jewelry armoire and take out his stuff. His son will be there to let me in instead of leaving me a key like before. Hmm whatever. That's good cuz son can help me load up. Wish me luck with all that. Going to really try and grab some sleep from the pills this time. Have not had to take them for at least two weeks before today. Mind of disappointe but I need to get some rest I think. Good night ladies

Oh yea bobo what pic did I miss? PM to me please?

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

oh geez, it's Gem day. Ugh. I hate all jewelry days. Today was an awesome lineup. Guess gem day is good. Will give my wallet a break. Went searching for shophq so I could have background talk. Looks like charter dropped them. Seriously? You drop a shopping channel? FUCKTARDS. hSN it is. Looks like white sale all night. That will work I guess.

Did anyone else break down for lock and lock today?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

DP, Who is being all funny about you getting things from the old house?

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

soon to be ex hubby. I jut texted him and said I am coming early so I can have time to sort some things while son is at dentist. Not thrilled about being watched by him or my gma during this process. Just want to have time to work. Already gonna risk driving way to Dallas by myself in bonds SUV which I hate driving, just to have the chance for more time. So he can shove it. I have been more than fair and generous financially and otherwise over the last two and half years thatvthis has been going on. Old him I'm coming and if it's not ok he better tell me.

Maybe there is evidence of a woman there now and he's trying I hide it. Believe me that nothing would thrill me more. He wouldn't want me to know though bcuz he is still holding out hope. So is his dad. And maybe he son too. They wear me out.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Hello everyone! I have managed to read everything, between rushing in and out today and between guests, who called in. It has been so hot, I could pass out and the bloody humidity makes it feel like a hot, wet, blanket has been thrown over you as soon as you leave the house.

So sorry to hear about your friend Wren, that's so sad and sudden for someone so young.

I love all the information in your long posts DP. Sorry it is a bit uncomfortable with the ex and his family. I hope you got in and out with all the stuff you wanted.

OMG The pantyhose tirade was just so funny,

Wren, I saw that Korean foundation, it is like a BB cream which is delivered through a kind of wet sponge thing, in a compact and it is applied with a special puff. I don't think I'd bother chasing it, even though I love to try new stuff, besides, Revlon will have one in a minute!Your comment that foundation is so yesterday, made me laugh out loud!

Glennie, Ava is so gorgeous!

Bobo, the outfits sound so lovely and the floral head piece is perfect! You know I neeeeeed to see the picture!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

I want pix too.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

in the bag for illegal driving of big honking SUV.

Still debating on lock and lock. Didn't get tsv. Too many pieces! But a great deal.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

I got too many pieces. Ended up also with the flat rectangles, the tall rectangles and the cereal containers. Thinking outside of the kitchen storage for the big ones.

It's 15 degrees outside. Didn't sleep well last night. Now I want to snuggle in my blanket and snooze. Better get moving though. 1.2.3....

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

OH, DP,,, I am not really good with computer stuff. Don't know how to make vids or put music on them. Where is ldesim?  I bet she knows. Hopefully she is not too busy reading the lesbian manual.  I am all for you driving to FL to do Bobo's makeup!  I hope you get into the house and get your stuff w/o problems.  He still wants you back? Poor guy, but that ship has sailed.  Looking forward to hearing about the day's events when you get back.

Must shower and get Ava to vet.  she had quick walk, breakfast and is now snoring behind my chair.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015
    Well, typically I am not a nosy person...too lazy for that, lol. But I don't want to be left out. So please send me pic also Bobo. Although I don't know what it is a picture of, lol.
  • ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited January 2015

Count me in for a picture too Bobo. None of us are letting you off the hook for a peek at all of the family! Love the pantyhose tirade too, and the makeup. Keep it up gals.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

You know I wants pics!!  

Back from vet. Ava's weight is stable at 70.4 lbs.  So that's good. She had a laser treatment on her shoulder again and I'll see how she does. Vet was not happy about her missing so many meds. Said it could take up to 2 weeks for her thyroid level to regulate again. *sigh*  She is napping after all the excitement.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

Have your vet call the day care and raise hell. Those idiots risked her health. Animal abuse

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

Okay ladies. I am seriously thinking of getting a Vitamix now. But after watching multiple comparisons of different Vitamix machines I am even more confused about which one to get. Which do you recommend?

Also wanting to get a Magic Bullet so my daughter can make her own little smoothies. We used one this xmas and liked it very much.

Also how does Vitamix compare to a Ninja?

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

no advice from me about those Andrea.

Which shark do you all have? Must get a decent vacuum and must be lightweight and good on hardwood floors. Tried the dyson at friends house but too heavy.

When does Bec go back?

• ndgirl
    edited January 2015

Andrea , no vitamix for me but I have a nutribullet which I love! No it doesn't make hot soup but can always mix it up and heat it on stove, I don't heat in microwave much with veggies because I think it removes all the essential vitamins and minerals in the whole foods. Vitamix is too spendy for me.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

No advice from me either.  I only have a blender.

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

Got DH a Ninja for Christmas. Strip down model. He wants to make smoothies. Used it a few times, I'm impressed. Already thrown out my blender, it was ancient. Vitamix not in my checkbook

• ndgirl
    edited January 2015

I know some of you gals are around my age, and can you believe that Elvis would have been 80 years old today??? Not that you have to be my age to have loved Elvis, but he was a big crush in my day... M, did you meet him too??? maybe his double?? HA HA.

Just my opinion but, I dont think the world could have taken an "Old Elvis", he died young and will always be young to us.

Kinda quiet here today

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

DP, what are you looking for help with? Adding music should be an option within the software I'd imagine... we get to see this when it's finished don't we? I hope you accomplish what you need to and the ex doesn't give you any grief. I dunno wtf lock and lock is, but I'm sure it's something I don't need.. so I'll pass.

Freezing here today!!! They closed down schools because of the cold.. no snow yet, so I guess we shouldn't complain.

I only have a blender as well, it does just fine for smoothies, we're really not soup fans.

Hope Ava made out well at the vet.

Put me in the hat for the pic as well, I too don't want to be left out and am hoping it's the whole family :)

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Yes, it's Elvis' 80th birthday. They were talking about it on the radio.  Can't imagine an OLD Elvis. Elvis the Pelvis. Banned from the waist down on Ed Sullivan.  Seems so weird these days, doesn't it?

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

Hey L. You have made me think of something. I was sending PMs of the wedding dress (a screenshot from the j crew website) to our sisters here. I am not dressed in the wedding dress. But I just thought of a good idea -- after the wedding, I'll pick the best picture and have a card made at Target (like my Christmas cards) and send it out to you guys! Thank you Target!

DP, you are making me pee with your talk about panty hose. I cannot win with you! And please note that you have NOT responded to my lengthy and careful list of all the makeup I am planning to wear: that list was not good enough for you. Just as well because I want you to come here!

So sorry about your Fucktard ex. And ND, Elvis is 80! M has probably definitely done it with Elvis. M, how are the fires? How was your appt?

Birdie, how was your bone density appt? XX

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

I reply to myself. Welcome to the sisterhood of Vitamix, Andrea! I got the least-expensive one from QVC, and paid it off in installments. I got the cinnamon-colored one.

Not to pooh-pooh anyone with a bullet blender. But Vitamix is the best! You can make hot soup! Ice cream or sorbet! Dips! Pizza dough! You can make your own soy or almond milk! Almond or peanut butter! It even makes real butter out of milk. It makes the most smooth and delicious sauces. It makes raw pasta sauces. It makes cashew cream sauce! It can make smoothies out of the fewest fruits and vegetables. You can use the core of the pineapple!

Ooh. I love my Vitamix.

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

Bobo, I knew the subject matter would set you off on a vitamix commercial again. I would love to get a wedding picture... fabulous idea!!!!

Waiting for DP to get back and lecture Bobo some more :)

I can't imagine Elvis at 80.... can't believe he's been gone so long either.. I remember when he died and my mother being so upset. It does seem strange to think that he was scandalous, considering what we have nowadays with the likes of Miley Cyrus.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Agree!  Wonder what Elvis would think of twerking?? And that tongue,,, gross!

Wedding cards!!  YAY!!!! This is uber exciting.

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

Hope I'm still on your Christmas list too