Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

Yes, I absolutely want a wedding pic.

Bone density is tomorrow. Probably won't hear anything until I see the onc on the 22nd. Test is super easy, takes about 10 min. If I remember not to wear metal, I don't even have to take my clothes off.

DIL's father died this morning. He was almost 90 and had been in the hospital 3 weeks. He came home yesterday morning. He had always wanted to die at home of heart failure and got his wish. I think her mother and sister are taking it harder than DIL, who was more realistic about his health. They aren't going to tell GS until tomorrow because today is his birthday and they didn't want to spoil it for him. I imagine they'll fly down for the service.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

Had my DEXA today. Hardest thing about this test is getting OFF the table. Tech asked a bunch of questions while on table. One was am I diabetic? I found that odd. I am. Then he asked did I ever have Cancer. Kinda choked on that one.

Then I held his hand and elbow, he leaned back, and I was up and done

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited January 2015

Sorry Wren about your DIL's father, always hard to lose a parent no matter of age or health.

When do you get results Spookie?

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

A light bulb just went on.

Bobo:  you are getting married!!  Are you and DLLP registered anywhere?  Some of us might want to send gifts!!Happy

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Hi all, we haven't been home long. We had a great day and I had a great half hour visit, with my Surgeon. He did a really thorough exam and asked me how I felt 2 years on. He said he's really pleased with everything, from my scars, to my mental attitude! LOL

I was absolutely amazed, to hear, that of the 200+ Mx surgeries he has done in the past 4 years, since moving here, only 2 of those women reconstructed and I was the only, Dog Ear revision!

Something really funny happened when I asked him if he was familiar with the Scar Project, he said he hadn't seen any of those images, I gave him the web address. As soon as he typed it in, he got a warning on his screen and he said "Good on you Moira, now I have to explain to the IT department, why I am looking at sites with "boobs" on them, I was on the Hospital computer system!" LOL I told him I thought if anyone could look at boob sites, it should be him! So when I was leaving he was trying to get the site, on his iPhone.

We spent the rest of the day shopping and had lunch at my Lucky Cafe, we have had lunch there every time I have been for an appointment. Dex had fun at the kennel, John put him in with a Grandma Husky and they had a great time. It was too wet to let him run around too much, since he was getting back in the car with us, fortunately I remembered to take a couple of towels so my clothes stayed mud free.

Oh Wren, I am so sorry to hear of another passing.

Spookiesmom, good luck with the Dexa reading and Wren too, for tomorrow.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Go Bobo! I need say nothing as you are the Queen of the vitamix! I would love a wedding picture too.

Elvis? no, not my cup of tea, at all, never liked the look, the music and never watched the movies!

Z I have the Dyson DC44 Animal Stick, fantastic and super light, works on hard floors or carpet. Great for pet hair.

Bec goes home on Tuesday, it is her birthday on Monday.

Glennie, I am glad Ava is ok, I hope her levels increase as they should, but I wold be so mad at those slackasses!

Need to make dinner...catch you later Waving to everyone that I have not mentioned...M x

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

gosh in missed a lot if posts yesterday. I was soooo sleepy last night. I gel asleep with phone in my hand logging on. Lol

Heat is not working properly. Coldest night of the season so far here. Was sitting in too of covers waiting for tea to cool a bit and I take off my old patch and to take some hydro. Back still been hurting. Next thing I know, it's 2am, I have frozen tea and arms and Toby in my lap. Under the covers I went and tried to log in again but back asleep I went! Feeling I could again too wish I could stay in bed all day today but I have to get up early.

I am getting divorced in leggings I decided. It is Friday, casual marriage, casual divorce? Ha. I will wear makeup.

BOBO - I also have not received an answer as to the actual date of alleged wedding. I mapquested and it is 15 hours! However airfare looks dirt cheap right now and I would totally fly if they said my brain could handle it. I was asking bond about how far his dad lives from Gainesville and when he asked me why, he was like "well let's go!" It was cute actually.

I was obviously and luckily for you, confused about that list of cosmetics. I thought that was a list of everything you owned. You are telling me that this long list is everything you are planning to affix to your face for you wedding?? PLUS pantyhose?? I ask the group does my request for a little smoodge of luminizer on your face now seem so unreasonable???!!! Good grief woman! Maybe you need to come stay with me for a week and we will have like mini makeup boot camp. It can be like a honeymoon. Bring the whiole fam. Lots to do here and I can find plenty to entertain the little royalty.

Who wanted the pedi thing but didn't want I pay for emjoi? HSN has the Pedegg version in right now for only $20 and it has 5 heads with it. Also, they have thenmostbreasonabke shipping. Been watching them last couple days which i normally don't because I've never been impressed with variety of products but they have been impressing me. NOW they have the product I was trying to sell M on. It is not Calista brand like mine but it looks exactly the same and is $50 less than I paid! This one is called Prestige Ionic 4 in 1 styler. Commercial face on: I highly recommend this product to those complaining of flat, fine, no volume hair. Course hair too. It's really cool. It curls, straightens, adds volume. It was a serious game changer on my shorter hair. An so so easy to use. Best part no way to burn yourself either.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

aww bec leaving already. Tie her down! No news of any drama going on back at her spooky garden? Bet they've been having a ball with her away. Happy Birthday to bec!

I hardly made a sent in my stuff yesterdy. Did manage to get everything from inside the house. They had finally boxed up 98% of everything into giant garage. Stepson was very helpful. I actually enjoyed spending time with him. He was always such a brat- had lot to overcome- but he did overcome a lot of it. Have to go back when Warner, maybe rent a uhaul or something since it's already packed up. Do want to take time and go through some of are things that are packed together. Would like to have all my fancy hallmark ornaments and my fairy ornaments and things like that that unwound keep vs sell. Still missing a bunch if my autographs. D admitted to taking them out a long time ago when he was mad. A couple of them I am goin to insist he find and give back. My Texas chainsaw massacre Jessica Biel one being one. We have long fought over that one. Ha.

About the video, I was saying that I think I figured out how to add the music but just as I did the internet went out. Having lots of trouble with internet this week. And the cable itself too. I guess bond raised all kinds of hell about it for me at work yesterday. You should have seen my house at 7pm last night. It was a Charter party. Internet works because it eventually comes back on hours later. One guy said they have known line problems down the street. Perhaps they should fix it? Just an idea. I'm silly.

This keeps trying to make me lose my posts. Posting grr

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

I feel guilty that I have not even used my new Xmas ninja before ordering the vitamix. Makes me scared I won't use the vitamix enough. But it's been so cold. Drinking hot teas not smoothies. Still feel bad that it is so shiny and new and lonely. Maybe today. I will google a recipe or something.

Z I REALLY like my new shark. The longer I'm using the more I like it. It is very light which I was worried about. I can carry around the lift away with my LE arm even. It's great with the dog hair. The bare floor attachment that qvc gave is amazing. It picks up one on bare floor without it. But it's a cool thing. It's like a swifter with super suction. It actually did dust mop my floor. I'm sure you could still find that attachment to but if you didn't get the qvc package. I will find a link to this model. Think it is called Lift Away Professional or something.

Bobo makes a good point about qvc that we never discuss during "OUR" presentations. The value pay option is most always available and you can pay for things over 4-6 months with no interest. But you get it home with the first payment. They stretch those payments too. Sometimes it's like $7 payments for things. Bond thinks that's funny and stupid. I told him it's so you can buy 10 other things on there at the time. Duh.

Anyhow, I think it's a nice option for people for big ticket purchases. You et to start using the item right away and they don't gouge you with fees or interest. Just some more qvc education at ya..

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015
  • spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

I guess maybe Mon for the DEXA. If there is a problem, I'll deal..not expecting any issues. Right now im heated up in my ongoing battle with Humana and my LE. Why can't those fools understand the pump would be cheaper than a few days in hospital on IVs

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2015

I also love my Shark vacuum. I have the Shark Lift-Away Deluxe model. I really put it to the test this year with the real Christmas tree and all the needles it shed getting it out the door. The Shark vacuumed it all up with no problem, and the canister was full to the top with needles. Just as the description says - it never lost suction. Amazon has it for $166 but I included this link from Target because it had more reviews.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

I'm so cold. Brrrr. I am officially single! Took 30 minutes, which includes parallel parking and metal detector.

From there went to pick up my latest nesting treasures. Found on craigslist. A little vanity desk ( I know bond, I already have one there) but this one is smaller and much more pretty and fitting with the room. Plus it has a matching jewelry armoire. Aside from the old lady trying to help and grabbing end of desk from me and dropping it, it wasn't too bad to handle. She made a pretty big gouge on the edge but I can sand it down I suppose. Was home and unloaded by 10:30. That was very exciting to me because my back hurts so bad. Popped some hydros and just woke up from little nap. Back still hurts.

Did I mention the heater is not working

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

How do heaters know how cold it is? Anyone ever have a furnace problem during mildly cold weather?

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited January 2015

Oh no Wren, it simply does not work like that AC goes down the hottest day of summer too.

DP, good job, you have done a bunch already today.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

ok I guess it was ready to post on it's own. Did y'all put a word limit in my big mouth?? Lmao.

Lit fire all by myself when I got home. Only 2nd time ever, so let me be proud. Lighting fires is manswork! Shit so is furniture moving. I have a dog on either side of me snoozing and covers to my neck and was sleeping for an hour. Still freezing! Holy crap. I should get up and do something. Would be warmer I'm sure but I really feel like continuing my nap.

I gave my old jewelry armoire to bond last night. He is so metro. He has as much jewelry as me if you count all his watches. He is a watch whore. I have always made fun of his matching. He is all about an ensemble. So, for every color watch there is a matching ring and bracelet. Not even sure what the necklace situation is but I know it is not as bad. Anyhow, the only piece of furniture I wanted from my past life was this jewelry armoire. Do you guys remember THE YEAR of the jewelry armoire? Jc Penney was responsible for it. Everyone that year just had to have one for Xmas and there was an explosion of them from every store and price point. Went on for a couple years after that, as things do. I had so many employees hurt their backs moving those things through the warehiusr the first year. The nice thing was, these jcp pieces were heavy quality big pieces of actual furniture. They were like $600. Of course mine did not end up being near that much because I taught ex how to be thrifty like me. But I got one of them of course. This story is suddenly long and pointless. Sorry. Oh yea I remember now- that house was tiny so it was awesome to fit so much jewelry into it but I really prefer the look of jewelry displays as decor. That is what I have going now. My bathroom here is tiny so I had taken the approach of compact cosmetics storage. Last Xmas I got the Lori gteneir deluxe makeup armoire. It is amazing all the things that fit in it. During wbr I bought a little vanity for my room cuz I couldn't stand in the bathroom to dt makeup. So out everything came from the organizer and ionto the desk as display/use. This displaced my jewelry displays and made everything too crowded. So now my plan is to load away the jewelry and embrace the vanity display. Whew! Loong story and all I wanted to say is that I should go work in that but don't feel like it.

Watching Isaac and Shawn bobo. I have been meaning to ask you what the hell she did to her hair?? It wasn't always that way, right? I hate it. Tempted to get a clearance jacket I saw. Hmm I dont need it! Gosh I love a nice blazer thiugh.

Have you tried Dr Gross? The TSV today is kinda pricey but they sent me samples of it last week. Tried it this morning and liked so far. My forehead needs resurfacing for sure. Just wondering if it's worth the price in the long run. They say it's a 90 day supply. $45 a month for skin care. Too much? Doesn't include cleansing. Thoughts? Rationale? Talk me in/out.

Having an LE problem. Woke up this morning with my hand looking like a ham. It has not gotten any better. What do I do? I have no therapist anymore-thanks Medicaid. No glove. I have some wrap but don't know how to use it. Not sure what I'm supposed to do. I don't want it to get worse. Anyone?

Ok I have rambled enough for now. I will blame hydrocodone, wave to all and close my eyes. Later lovely ladies

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

heating element went out last year at same time-on the first super cold day. Damn smart suckers

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

Pictures please! I love furniture! I am a real sucker for vintage pieces that can be refinished. Still wanting to try chalk paint.

I love my shark too. Not sure which model I have....that would require me going upstairs to look, and I feel lazy. But I do know it is white. I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond for around $130 with coupon.

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

So sorry to hear your LE is flaring up. I got my surgery at a different hospital, but the cancer center in my town offers county residents all kinds of free treatments apparently. Could there be anything like that where you live?

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Do some fist pumps every hour. Drink lots. Same as you did while flying. Keep hand propped up?

Do you know how to do manual lymph drainage?

I think Zumba helps move mine.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2015

DP - I highly recommend these: Arthritis Gloves I got mine from Amazon (of course), but I believe they are available at Walgreens in the stores. I have large hands, but buy the small ones for better compression. I tried wrapping my arm/hand early on and it was really uncomfortable and didn't seem to work. When I asked my PT about getting a glove, she recommended these arthritis gloves and I have had great results with them. When my arm has a little LE I don't seem to notice or mind as much as when it is in my hands, and these gloves really move the fluid out of your hands.

As for LE exercises, here are some that I do when necessary.

• First you must clear out an area for the lymph to go to. This involves lightly stroking from the outside of the collarbone to the middle of your chest (sternum). Do not push hard, this is a mistake.. it's a gentle stroke like petting you dog.
    • Next stroke under your arm and down your side. Again you are just opening up some area to move the lymph to. Stroke down to your waist. The stroke movement I do is about 6-7 inches long and then a few long ones at the end.
    • Lastly, start at your hand and stroke towards your shoulder. I hold my arm slightly elevated.. not sure if that's necessary, just easier for me and seems logical. Gently stroke a few times and keep moving towards your shoulder. Stroke the top of your arm and also the underside as well..always moving it toward your shoulder/arm pit. When you get to your shoulder, continue the stroke and make the pattern into and over your collarbone. This is where you want the fluid to go.
    • Repeat this process 3 or 4 times. I subconsciously do this sometimes and don't even realize I'm doing it.

I'm sure Glennie and few others who have LE more than me might have other suggestions. I know that when it comes to this manual massage, there is a lot more you can do - but the above steps is what I've found works for me. Let me know if you have any questions.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

She only taught me the massage for my truncal because I did not have LE in my arm at the time. Then they kicked me out of the program because I was so "improved".

Trying to keep it above my head, but the size has not gone down all day. its freaky looking but not painful. My truncal is painful today.

Amdrea I will send you pics pf my new room set up when I finish. Maybe that will motivate me. You are so talented with painting, I bet you could make beautiful painted furniture. The vanity I am using now is bright turquoise and they did not do a good job on the finish, but it was close to the house, available right away, and cheap enough. So I just went with it. Maybe I will work on making it nicer now, as a project. New vanity fits with my other furniture much better. I have a princess room that bond made for me. The furniture is from Bonds millionaire days and he and his wife got it from some old castle in England. It is beautifully carved and totally over the top. The armoire does not have its crown piece on because it was just a tad too tall for the 1950s ceiling. I was paralyzed with fear watching the movers bring the center piece of the armoire in through the window because it could not turn the hall corner. True to their period, the beds are twins and I have them pushed together for a king. I don't sleep in there. It is the guest room technically, but where I keep all my things.

The dogs must have been freezing in the front of the house. They both just ran back in here and jumped in bed. I'm glad, my feet were getting cold. I'm happy internet is working again. Been down again for the last two hours. Stupid charter. I have now started a journal of all the problems,

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

DP:  I echo what Dr. Z says.  Fist pumps. Arm straight up in air and squeeze a ball or wash cloth. Drink lots of water.

Call your Fucktard doctor and see if he has advice where you can go. Must be somewhere that takes Medicaid.

I think heaters always break on the coldest day of the year, and AC's on the hottest.  There are probably statistics to back that up.

Work is slow,,, must meet quota.  How to do when no work?  grrrrrrrrr. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

thanks PRB!!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

posting at same time.  PRB is better at the MLD than I am.  I bet you can find some vids on Youtube about it too. I don't have LE in my hand so I'm really not sure what to do, except the MLD as PRB described, and fist pumps, etc.

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

DP I am drooling over your princess room furniture!! I am a visual person, must have pictures!! I have an older dresser that I got from the thrift store. It is a bone of contention with my husband. I made the mistake of showing it to him and he told me I couldnt get it...so I went back when he went out of town and bought it. He has been ticked off at me ever since. Lol.

Anyway I was going to paint it turquoise and distress it a bit. But it is dark brown and matches my bedside tables in my bedroom..so there it sits....still brown, two years later.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

Thats hilarious Andrea. Totally something I would do too.

Thanks too Glennie. I'm the youtube learning queen!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

DP:  also look for Lebed method.  Sherry Lebed is funny to watch. She has a whole routine and each step is on Youtube as a separate vid.  On work computer, so I can't link for you.  Youtube is banned on work computer. I think there are 12 parts to it, and I try to do them every day. The MLD is so boring to me,, but I can do these little stretches and exercises ok. Must do them in the correct order.   I learned about it from the LE forum on here. Carol and Binney over there are VERY helpful!!! I have learned a lot from those 2 ladies.

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

DP YAY for being single!!!!! Wish I was!!!!!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

DP:  congrats on your divorce!!  YAY!!!   I had divorce cards printed up when I did mine. I wanted everyone to know!