Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited July 2014

Hi DP, not sure how long things will take because the builders are on another big job. The fitted the studio in while they were waiting for concrete to cure at the other house. I am excited about the studio, even though there had to be changes to the original plan.

This is the same builder who did the massive 4 month renovation before we moved in. He's a great builder and project manager, with the best tradesmen around. These jobs are all things that should have been done with the initial renovation, but I stopped it when I had the surgery, because I couldn't handle all the guys in the house or the smell of pain etc. I am hoping to have it all done by Spring, but it may take longer. They are difficult guys to get at short notice, but they get here when they can.

I have been picking up odds and ends from the Opp Shops to furnish it
    and I ordered a rug online yesterday. I tried everywhere to get some directors
    chairs and boom, I went to the Opp Shop and the exact ones in the, off
    white canvass I wanted were there, $8.00 each for 3! I thought you'd appreciate that one! LOL

The overnight trip sounds nice, you don't have to decide about the August trip yet do you?

I am seeing Bec tonight...yay!

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited July 2014

oh yes, the best part about remodeling projects is new space to find new things for!  I love the hunt. When BF moves to this house from an apartment, I was ecstatic to have new shopping projects. 

Don't have to decide about Florida yet, just thinking about it is tiresome though. Doing anything in August is abismal. I guess I just have to see how hyped up I get after the shows next week. I told BF he should take Friday off too, but it's probably better that he didn't, or I would be too tempted to keep driving and hit the rest of next weeks shows. Lol. 

Yay for the visit with Bec. I'm quite sure you are the most fun and awesome mom and that the two of you always have a blast together. Have fun!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited July 2014

which concert? 

Contemplating the Viking splash tour of Dublin in WWII duck boat. 

Taytoland amusement park and chip factory tour. Otherwise just hang out, go to beach. 

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited July 2014

Hi everyone,

I usually hang out in the lymphedema area, but sometimes pop over this way too.  Work is really slow tonight so I read this entire thread while waiting for work to pop up on my other screen!

DP:  What a journey! You have been thru a lot. Are you still thinking of coming to FL in Aug?? Cuz it is hot as Hades in Aug. But then you live in TX so you understand the hot. Not sure where you are going, but I live in Gainesville, and if you happen to be heading this way, we got a great ice cream shop (homemade, not chain, really awesome) that will make your sweet tooth really happy.

zils:  Ireland!  How awesome is that?  I hope you and the kiddos are having a great time.

Ariom:  great to see you on another thread! Excited to hear more about your new studio.

glennie

• DeliriumPie
    edited July 2014

those both sound fun zills, especially the boat!  Not something one would get to do just any day. 

The concerts are Tori Amos. Now that I'm older, I'm not such a fan girl, but her work has been in my life longer than it hasn't been now. 18 years. It's the first US tour in many years, so I'm kind of excited.  BF is being a good sport, of course it's all in theory so far, he might feel different after he witnesses the madness. Lol

Hi glennie, welcome. That's a lot of reading!  Thinking of going to Orlando at the end of August. Would be staying with BFs dad, somewhere outside of Kissimmee. The heat is part of the reason I'm not too into it. It will be just as hot here then, but I could hibernate with my AC here. By the end of August, we are usually on some record streak of highs. Ugh. It has been triple digits all week and I'm already dreaming of November.  Shhhhh, the ice cream sounds wonderful. Never had a sweet tooth before cancer. Then ice cream has been a huge weakness ever since. I blame chemo. It's a great scapegoat for everything. 

Hope your having a nice weekend with bec ariom. 

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

Hopefully BF's dad has AC!! August is usually hot, hot, hot.  Summer hasn't been THAT bad so far. We've had soooo much rain that it's kept temps in the upper 80's low 90's for high temps.  Not quite as bad as usual. It's better on the coast, at least you get ocean breeze..

• Zillsnot4me
    edited July 2014

Whats up with the ice cream? Mine too after chemo. I can eat a whole pint now and before just a spoonful. 

They have the best soft serve here and I still haven't gotten any. Too tired and too late after playing all day. Cousins are in a pretty strict no sweets regime. 

We're on holidays and I don't care. Can't get it in the states. Hopefully when DH gets here, I'll get sick of it. 

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

go for the ice cream!!  Sounds delish!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited July 2014

yeah go for it zills. Isn't it true that everything is fat free on vacation?  

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

and no calories on your birthday either.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited July 2014

Going to the zoo, zoo, zoo.  64 and cloudy tomorrow. Heaven! Understand there is a month old elephant.

• AnnieQ2012
    AnnieQ2012 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014

you ladies all sound like good friends~ I wish I had found you two years ago!

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

Welcome to the party.

OOOO, the zoo and a month old baby elephant.  Tell us all about it afterwards.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited July 2014

Hi Annie, please join. We have a lot of fun and there's tons of support.

• Ariom
    edited July 2014

Just lost my post!

Welcome Annie! Join in, it's never too late, this is a great group of ladies.

Where are you from? We are scattered all over, I am in Australia, so I am usually around now which is my morning. I look forward to chatting on the boards!

Zills, have a ball at the Zoo!

Hi DP Glennie and Wren, just leaving for appointment with Surgeon, will be backlate afternoon, will catch up then. M x  

• Zillsnot4me
    edited July 2014

in the bag M. 

• Zillsnot4me
    edited July 2014

Hi Annie. Our friendship is the silver lining to this crap on a Chapstick. We are each other's sanity savers and always have room for one more. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited July 2014

hi Annie and welcome. I'm cranky today!  My back hurts and my jaw hurts, among all the normal hurts. I'm surprised my ass doesn't hurt from all the chewing it got today. When I opened my office door this morning, there was a bottle of rum sitting on my desk that one of my girls brought me from Puerto Rico. It was all I could do to not immediately take a shot or five.  Hope you had fun at the zoo zills. You'll have to tell us if they are the same as US zoos. Maybe they are less depressing. I love baby elephants!  They are so stinkin cute. So are baby giraffes and buffalos. 

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

Puerto Rican rum,, how nice!!  Now that you are home,, you can have a shot or two!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited July 2014

Welcome Annie, these boards and gals are the best! join in, we are a crazy bunch/

In the bag Ariom, posted to you on another thread too. Just home from vacation and lots to catch up on.

Baby elephant and fushcias Zills... too much!! Enjoy!

DP, wished I would have had a shot or two of your rum when we were driving over the Rocky Mountains, not my idea of fun,, but I made it.

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

i am afraid of heights,, those winding mountain roads freak me out.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited July 2014

Zills, can I come too, too, too?  DP, stinkin cute is the only way to describe a baby elephant!  I say go for the rum, after all it was a present, it would be rude not to open it. I hope your crankiness is a little better.

Hi Annie, welcome.

Waiting to hear how Ariom went today

Xxxx'

• diva77
    diva77 Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2014

Rum and baby elephants....I am in!

• DeliriumPie
    edited July 2014

I just saw the post about bluebird. I dont know how I've missed it for five days.  I was just thinking about her last night. Wanted to send her a message today.  Damn this wretched disease. I'm not a fan of the "warrior" verbiage, but she truly was  such a strong and wonderful person. :-(

• Zillsnot4me
    edited July 2014

Yes she was awesome.

• Ariom
    edited July 2014

Hi girls, thanks for being in the bag today. No problem with the soft tissue injury, but I found a lump under my incision line, where I have been massaging it so much. I didn't think it would be anything, but he wants and ultrasound and FNA. He says it is unlikely to be anything because it is round smooth and movable.

Hospital rang while we were driving home to say 2 weeks to wait, I must have sounded disappointed, because she rang back before we got home to say she's squeezed me in next Monday. blah..  M x

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited July 2014

Welcome new friends!

Ariom, sorry to hear about your finding! I have found that the doctors want to check every lump and bump. I think you are correct in thinking it isn't anything to worry about, but at least you will know soon for sure. 

DP, thank you for mentioning Fierce Bluebird; I also missed reading about her. Very, very sad. I always read the success stories to boost my mood, especially after hearing about a loss. Also I think about my neighbor who is at 20 years since DX (with node involvement ). 

• DeliriumPie
    edited July 2014

don't sound too excited ariom.  Less waiting is good. Are you saying that you caused this lump from so much massaging?!  Or that's how you found it?  Of course, we are all sure it's nothing. You know how those nasty cancer doctors are just  after your money. ;-)

• Ariom
    edited July 2014

Hi Andrea and DP, thanks Andrea, I am glad the Surgeon is checking it out, it is just the bloody waiting again!

DP, sorry, I should have said that was how I found it, not that I caused it. It has the characteristics of something B9. Smooth, round and moveable. I am trying to remain impartial and not freaking out. It is most likely nothing, but if it is something, it is early days.

I am going for a massage today. I hope everyone is well...M x

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

B9 = good!!  Enjoy your massage. Relax. Try not to think about next Monday. Waiting sucks.