Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited August 2014

wren, don't laugh but I was a B before. I am not used to being this large. However, I am a big girl and the smaller ones just look silly on me. I am also missing a lot of extra tissue around my axilla all the way to  upper shoulder. These are asymmetrical, which helps with that but also adds more size and weight. 

Also laughing about arioms fanny. Hahaha. A girl in my office ended up with the nickname Kuka. That is an Aussie fanny in Spanish. So I'm constantly saying hey Kuka when I ask her a question. I always wonder what people in the lobby who speak Spanish think. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

I forgot about YouTube ariom!  Current faves are jennamarbles, grav3yardgirl, and Christina Newman. I'm also addicted to tutorial videos on just about anything.  Makeupgeek is an old favorite. Marlena does the best eye tutorials.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited August 2014

Thanks DP, I will take a look at those. I know of Marlena.

I am thoroughly addicted to the Eve Pearl and the Lily Herbceuticals, love, love love them both! I am hanging out for the next visit here so I can stock up on more goodies.

Our shopping channel has a weird system where they put the stock up to exorbitant prices once the visit is over, so you have to wait till there is another event to get the good prices. I don't think they have twigged that we all know those prices are inflated and we will never buy, but they do it every time, very annoying. M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

The first three are mainly just vlogs, but for some reason lately I enjoy just listening to strangers ramble about random topics. I must be lonely. Lol. But where else can you go to watch peoples lives, learn how to curl your hair, paint your nails, organize your closet, and pair your phone to your cars Bluetooth (yes I had to look it up) all in one place. It's a waaaay better invention than Facebook. 

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited August 2014

Before I had my first breast MRI, I went on Youtube to see how it was done. It is very informative.

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

after my PCP and all my coworkers and google convinced me that all I had was a cyst. I went on YouTube and found a video of a us guided needle aspiration. That's how I knew immediately that it wasn't just a cyst when I went for my ultrasound. It looked completely different on the screen. Well that and the radiologist told me he thought I had bc. 

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

Love your new avatar, DP.  Can you post that at work?

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

What would  we do without YouTube? I watched a full Mx on YouTube after mine, not before, because I wanted to understand why there were so many weird sensations after the surgery. I understood, pretty quickly, it is a brutal surgery!

Isn't it weird, this thing I had biopsied last week, wasn't picked as a cyst by anyone, not my surgeon or the radiologist or Doctor, till it disappeared after the stereotactic gun thingy hit it.

I like the Avatar too DP.

You wouldn't believe it, DP, but last night on Ozsale they had Eve Pearl discounted! I have never seen it there before, so I stocked up on a few things that were hugely reduced. Take that! shopping channel, the over the top prices you ask between events means we shop elsewhere!!! 

Have you bitch slapped the boss yet? M x

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

omg,,,M,, you are much braver than I am.  I wouldn't want to watch that!!  I hated working in the OR,, never wanted to see blood and guts!! That's why I became a pharmacist,, NO BLOOD OR GUTS, thank you very much. I never passed out up there,,, amazingly enough.  But I can't even stand to watch surgery on TV,,,,,and you said it was brutal,,,, YIKES!!!

**doesn't even want to THINK about upcoming hysterectomy**

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

thanks on the avatar. We use yahoo messenger at work and I was going to be bad and change tht avatar to it too. But I have since found a better one. Things became infinitely worse with boss yesterday. I can't even describe it. Has to do with my avatar and signature change though. Cuz he is just petty and spiteful enough to go looking for me online. 

That's great ariom. QVC does the same pricing game. But on my qvc app (don't laugh), I have it set to send me messages when events are coming up for brands I like, so that I don't miss them. 

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

Excellent picture.  Dang bosses!!!  Why do they have to be such jerks? 

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

I know you'll think me mad, but I did ask if I could stay awake for the Mx, but was told in no uncertain terms, that would not be possible. After watching it on YouTube, I gt it! LOL

I did, however, stay awake for the Dog Ear revision, my Surgeon's first ever, conscious patient, for that one and it was a breeze, we chatted all the way through it and I had no ill effects after it.

I hate anesthetics, I always have very weird dreams after them and feel the effects for a really long time after. That is also why I avoid taking drugs at all costs, if there is a side effect, I am sure to get it! My Mother was exactly the same.

Colin is just like me, when it comes to watching surgeries and although he is paralyzed from the chest down, they give him spinal blocks before surgery so he doesn't spasm. They are afraid he will go into hypereflexia (sp)  He stays awake for most of his surgeries, the most recent was a huge hip operation that had to be done 3 separate times, once in Singapore and twice back here, to get it right, now that was gory!

DP, your boss doesn't deserve you! and you sure don't deserve him/her! What a numbnut! just be glad you aren't him/her! I don't know how people like that manage to survive, when they are so clueless and tactless.

I'm off out to get some things done...catch you later,,M x

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

Just realized, the first part of that post is gone????

Glennie, I was explaining that the reason Bobo has the jibes at me about not having any nerve endings and not feeling pain, is because I try to opt for no general anesthetic whenever I can. I have always been interested in medical procedures and hate the feeling from anesthetics. The above post may make more sense now! M x

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

I think you are incredibly brave. That's not something I could do. And Colin,, holy smokes!!

My dog Rocco, the one before Ava,,, caught me off guard one day and went after a squirrel. Before I knew it, I hit the sidewalk chin first. Split it open and blood was just pouring out. So I had blood all down my new blouse (peroxide got it out!!) and on my jean jacket.  So i'm two blocks from home and I feel faint!! Cuz I see my own blood. I'm such a wuss!!  It needed 4 stitches.

And I have a REALLY serious eye phobia. I can't stand to put drops in my eyes or see anything coming at my eyes. I've never tried contacts, cuz I just know I can't do them.

so i'm chatting on instant messenger with a co-worker and she is going to Holland next year for her 50th.  So we have decided I should go to Australia for my 60th.  Be prepared in 2019, M!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

no joke, that is brave ariom. I don't mind gore in particular (big horror fan) but seeing surgeries like that make me cringe. I know what you mean about the anesthesia though. My big problem is seeing things penetrate skin. Needles even. Don't mind the pain or the blood but something about seeing the needle go inunnerves  me. Missing my port already. Dreaded IVs. Have you ever seen a liposuction video?  I can't even watch for a second. All that skin moving around and it looks so violent on the body. 

Ariom I just told a coworker tonight that I just can't fathom how my boss stands herself. Aside from being completely self absorbed. She is also a flat out liar, manipulator and hypocrite. I know I shouldn't let her get to me but all of those things just get under my skin so much. And worse that I can't say a word about it. Oh well. Biding my time. It just pisses me off that I will have to bow out gracefully due to being too ill versus giving a piece Of my mind. 

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

Just dropping in to say, I just got my Path results back and nothing malignant in the sample! Yay!

I have seen the lipo footage DP, that's pretty invasive, but I have had friends who have had it done for the tiniest little poochie, that I wouldn't have even noticed!

I really hate that you have to deal with this piece of work, nobody needs that kind of shit in their day. What a terrible person she is, hopefully she may go and you'll never have to give her a piece of your mind, but it would feel good, if you could:)

Glennie, I had a bit of the eye phobia too, but having the cataract done must have cured me, cause it doesn't bother me now. That's done awake and so was the laser after it, to polish the new lens, no pain at all, just weird sensation.

2019! You're on! M xxx 

Edited to say Youch!!!!! that fall sounds painful!

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

yay for B9 path!!!!  Awesome news!! 

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited August 2014

Yahoo! Best news ever!  Now go buy yourself something nice to celebrate Ariom!! (I have some purses you could buy, lol).

Even though I saw my cyst deflate during my last biopsy it still seemed weird when they phoned to tell me it was B9. I think that was because with my lumpectomy I had to go in three times to get clean margins, and just got used to hearing they found more cancer. Still, it is a wonderful kind of weird!! Congrats!

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

Thank you! What a relief, I had  no idea how much I was stressing till it stopped:)

Lots of work going on around the house to get everything finished for Spring. I stopped all the tradesmen, when I had my surgery because I had, had enough of a houseful of men working in here every day. I got lazy, they all had other jobs to do and I have only finally got them all together for the final push to finish, so that is my reward! It will be great to have it all finished, at last. M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

yayaya ariom!  You better buy a purse from Andrea. Don't blame you for kicking those men out. Glad you could get them all back. I sure used to hate Wednesday mornings. Wednesday was chemo day and since everyone loves to call me at 7 am when I am not at work, I would always find myself sitting on the patio, chatting away, bald (well dr suess hair) and in a bathrobe - when across the yard walks the pool guy and I would think "shit, it is Wednesday isn't it".  So I can't imagine a houseful every day could be much fun. 

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

Thanks DP, when I lived in the City, I wanted everything done "yesterday". Soon after we moved here, I started to feel myself relax. It was just 4 months after we moved that I was Dx and we were still finishing the renovations that had started 4 months prior to the move. I had my surgery at Christmas, so I told the painters and the fence builders to leave the work for a bit. I was still dragging that huge bazooka drain around behind me at the time. Barry our delivery man nearly passed out one day when he walked in and it wasn't in the bag! LOL

Last October, almost a year later, I called all the tradies and said I was ready to go again, some said a few weeks, but that's "country weeks", so here we are, 18 months later,  it hasn't bothered me at all. If still in the city I would have had a meltdown!  

When I get all this done, I won't be able to afford a purse! LOL M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

country weeks, that's funny. I guess they are all relaxed too. 

I have done nothing but sleep today!  It's hibernation time here. So hot you feel like you can't breathe. When you open the door, you get hit with a wall of heat. Ugh.  The dogs aren't too crazy about either. 

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

I feel ya, DP.  We had a rain shower here, then I took the dog out.  It was so muggy,, it was like swimming thru the air.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited August 2014

"Swimming through the air": what a perfect description!!  It is very humid in Maryland too. I might borrow that phrase!

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

Why is it soooo hot?image

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

the dog days of August,,,,

dog says:  where's my swimming pool??

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

I know I'll be whining soon enough, when we get into the heat of Summer, but gee, I could handle a day of heat right now! M x

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

If there were teleporters,, we could switch places for a day or two, M!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

good idea glennie but I would probably want to stay too long. 

Reggie doesn't like the pool much. Sometimes after walking he will lay on the top step for a microsecond. I always tell bf that we need to get him one of those fans that goes around your neck. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

and a sun visor