Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015

Awwww. poor little Teddy, give him a little hug from me Andrea, sweet little guy.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

I'm laughing because I did watch a few episodes of Melbourne Housewives.. I just didn't like it too much... I am laughing over the comment on Gina looking like a drag queen... because she really does!!! Then there's the oversexed one.. they just all seem so damn fake. I still watch Atlanta and New Jersey. I think I watch more aussie TV than M does and she watches more US TV than I do.

Yay no cancer Spookie!! Glad you don't have to deal with surgery either at this time.

M, your friend is so lucky, that sounds like SO much fun.. you're family is from Scotland, aren't they?

Not peeling ginger? Never thought of just leaving it as it.. I'll have to try that.. Peeling it can be a major pain in the arse at times.

Z, ignore the laundry another day and treat yourself to a nice bath... I know easier said than done, I am sure. Meant to say earlier.. congrats on your volunteering! As if you don't have enough on your plate!

Ok M, I'll figure out Skype somehow.. hey can you do group skypes? I'm thinking not... that would be cool though.

PRB, glad you are ok, but sorry you are in the dumps... I know it's not something any of us want to do, but maybe you can get some medication to help you through it for a little while. We need you around to look up all the big words for us that Bobo uses :)

What is with the damn snow this year??? Hope it melts right away ND!

Bobo, WOW I am impressed with the pickle making!! I don't like sweet pickles. DP would be so impressed by this! You are such a bad ass in the kitchen whipping up this and whipping up that... forget about the Pioneer Woman.. you need your own TV show too! I"m glad HW doesn't have cancer, and glad you didn't get sucked into buying the stupid cloths. Enjoyed talking to you too!! I have to go look up macrobiotic and umemboshi (sp?) vinegar.

I treated myself to chinese food for lunch on my way in to work, not having to go in every 3 months for echocardiograms is treat enough.

Herceptin continues indefinitely for as long as my body continues tolerating it. They have approved monthly shots in Europe, but it hasn't been approved for trials in the US yet... that would make life so much better... she keeps apologizing over the inconvenience of it for me, but like I told her, people get manicures every other week and color their hair every 6 weeks, I can manage to sacrifice 2 hours every 3 weeks and I'm thankful to have it.

Time for dinner... hugs to everybody.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015

Great attitude L! Reminds me of DP. What kind of Chinese? Group skype would be awesome.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015

L, you are a rock star.

And, Hooray Spookie!!!

Fia: please study up with the following video:

study me

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

Fia, FFS! Why can't you let yourself get pecked a little?

instructions

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

Peeing myself.

I love you Teddy!

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

Fried rice and a chicken veggie stir fry. It was very good.

Hey, I looked it up and you can group Skype for free up to 100 hours per month... I'm not sure about the microphone part.. maybe it's built in to my laptop?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

Spookie, Hooray for no cancer. Boo for pain from L5. Hope they can help with that.

Fla, Do not take a peck for the group. I think it would hurt like hell. I'm with Zills skeered.

L, Good for lengthening time between scans.

Bobo, I agree with Spookie, refrigerate the pickles.

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

This site has some great recipes...

https://www.hellofresh.com/recipe/all/

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

For the record, I never wanted her pecked.. just chased a bit... Bobo is the one that started the pecking!

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

Idesim, you always start things! And then you deny it!

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

I reply to myself, FFS. Birdie, I did refrigerate the pickles. They are still refrigerated. No one has died yet. Now you have me worried.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

You said you left them on counter for 4 days. DID YOU CHECK THE LID? If it was properly sealed, that's ok. If not, the vinegar should be enough to preserve it.

Do I have to bring a sealed jar to your house? I can do canning lessons!!!!!

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

*snickering*

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

Idesim, your snickering has literally made me pee, you mongrel!

FFS! I DON'T KNOW IF THE LID WAS UP OR DOWN! That part of the story is in the past. And yes, please, I want a Spookie canning lesson.

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

For the love of all that is holy, angels, cherubim and seraphim, I have taken more shit for making a jar of pickles than anyone in the history of the universe. ND! I was so proud once!

**rough sobs**

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

I'm still proud of you.   Your very own pickles!  **impressed**

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

So happy for you Spookie!! I still havent got my MRI results from March 13.

L, you rock! Too bad we live so far apart.

M, my daughter's inlaws just returned to Canada today from one month in Australia. So glad to hear they arrived home safe.

I would live to go shopping with you to the opp shop

Glennie, a fresh bathed Ava. So yummy! Oh, and having a husband can be overrated at times!! I would rather have a dog. Lol.

PRB, miss you.

Zills, hope your little guy feels better soon.

Teddy is much better now. Took him out for his first walk with Diva....HE LOVED IT!

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

ok, you get the stuff, name the time, I'll be there. I'm serious.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

Yay Spookie! Fantastic news, so happy for you.

Laughing at Bobo getting into trouble for leaving her jar of pickles out! (Sorry Bobo!). I am a bit scared and unsure of the process, I make jam, so I only make one jar at a time, sterilise the jar and lid, and then keep it in the fridge, lasts less than 2 weeks. That's ok isn't t?!

Also laughing about L snickering, and saying she only wanted Fia chased, not pecked, the pecking thing was Bobo! Haha. I needed a laugh this afternoon, after going to my friends funeral. So sad. She only told her family the end was near. No friends. So al lot of people are left feeling confused about how could they not know she was so sick. Not being able to see her, and give her a hug. Lots of funny memories too though, she was a funny girl, still can't believe I won't see her again though.

Poor Teddy! Glad he liked his walk with Diva, does she act all in charge of him Andrea, or is he an equal?

PRB, nice to see you, sorry you are feeling a bit down though. It is so hard on these boards, losing DP. There have been times when I think I shouldn't come on. But I would miss you all so much. You all give me such a laugh too. Good for the spirits. Xx

Z, what will you be doing at the hospital?

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Hello girls! I was browsing in the Opp Shop and my phone rings, so I am expecting it to be Colin and I am muttering about "Why can't I just be left alone for a little while" it turns out it is the manager of the Craft Center asking if I can work there this afternoon, so I am very sheepish and say "hey, sure I can do that!" so guess where I have been since lunchtime? I am tired but wow, I worked with the Honey lady, from the Island. She and her Husband run the business and have 100 hives on their property. I now know heaps more about Honey and bees, you never know who you're going to meet, do you?

Dawny,take a look on the Aussie thread, they are planning a get together in November, in Melbourne, I said you'd possibly want to go, we could catch up then, if we haven't managed it before then.

Sounds like there is a lot of pants peeing going on here. Bobo, you're not in trouble, the girls are just trying to save you from Ptomaine Poisoning! Sorry, but I was peeing myself reading how they were trying to be nice about it, my first thought was "Holy Shit Bobo, FFS sterilize those jars", but then I realized you had vinegar in it and they'd already warned you! Bahaha you're a cracker! I'd be taking Spookie up on that offer, I have tons of Fowlers Vacola Jars with lids and Rubber, but guess what I use them for? Decor item Vases, all different sizes grouped together as a centerpiece on the table, I have never canned a thing in my life.

Nearly dinner time, don't know what we are having...be back later...M x

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Andrea, did the in laws love their holiday? I hear you, about just having a dog! Haha

Glad little Teddy is feeling better and he enjoys a walk with Diva!

Hahaha L, I'll back you up, you did just want Fia chased, LOL

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015

That's one nasty looking bird!!!!

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

Ok DAMN you all for giving me "BAD GOOSE KARMA" yesterday ................... more about that in a bit but first

Yeah for Spookie I am so glad for your results !!!

ND any DH test results yet?

Dawny that pic is exactly what that mean SOB looked like............... I rounded the corner yesterday morning and was ready when I saw him. I geared up and tried to run as fast as I good but the SOB got my shoelace. I was not stopping though............ Just when I thought I was rid of him I heard this screaming and barking . So I turn around and the damn thing has this woman and her little dog penned against a tree. So my dumb ass of course has to help. I run back and see the woman is elderly and crying............. and this ugly thing is flapping its wings heading right for her dog............ I take off one tennis shoe and fling it at the thing and miss.........I take off the other shoe and fling that .this time I hit him in the ass with it ............ he is stunned for a second walks away and then starts coming back...................luckily a golf cart shows up quickly ......a guy jumps out with a hook thing and catches the mean SOB .............. after all that is said & done he says he is park maintenance and will call animal control to take the thing to a sanctuary . The elderly lady is still crying so he asks if either of us need medical attention we say no . He gives the lady a card and tells her to take her dog to this animal hospital just in case............ I find my shoes and run my ass home............ End of yesterdays story..................... FFS all I am trying to do is find some type of exercise program. Idesim ............. this morning I said the hell with today and will skip the walk and drink coffee

Bobo don't feel bad about the canning lid ........Several years back my mom and I wanted to can tomatoes.............we have no clue what we were doing but did not want to waste our efforts by only doing a few jars. So we did 5 bushels of tomatoes. Shoved them in the jars and gave them a water bath (so we thought ) and put them in the garage...........Within 2 days we heard what we thought were gun shots......we looked in the garage and every damn jar had exploded...................It too days to clean that mess.............. I have not tried canning since...............However I have purchased a huge canner for when we move and will make sure I follow all instructions this time .

DS has posted several gorgeous photos of Hawaii on facebook. In 3 photos HAIR is laying on the hotel bed............Would not surprise me if she has been parked in bed all week eating "ROOM SERVICE FRIED EGGS"

Ok off to start the day ..........DH is home and we need to hang a new storm door and put new locks on the garage door. Thank god this does not involve more painting as I have had my fill of that crap .

Have a great day & night all !!!

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

I reply to myself........................

M ........................ This is for you !!! ROFL .....................

• bobogirl
    edited March 2015

Delight! That is the only word I can find to describe my reaction to Fia's post! And a tiny Hair update! I am transported with glee. Gross that he posted pics of her laying on the bed! She missed her true career as fluffer for the Rolling Stones.

FFS! What is the problem with people crying over a goose? It's just ridiculous. That goose is one of god's own creatures! He is just having a little fun! He is just slightly territorial! He is not really going to hurt that older lady. She is 'leaning into it.'

FFS Fia, you are better than Sia. You have faced worse than a goose. It is a paltry and hilarious obstacle to overcome. Walk away from the storm door, or the special windows or whatever stupid household project, and go for your exercise walk! Take your coffee with you. You are a chicken! **sounds of indolent chicken noises, to taunt you**

Spookie, will we really have a canning workshop? If so, I will be doing it up royal. I will be the Angry Territorial Goose of canning. I will wait for the late Spring/early Summer farmers' market to have a lot of produce and I will buy a flat of something! And can we Skype ND while we are doing it? ND, how is your DH? This will be too fun. This will be something to look forward to. What does it mean, anyway? 'Sterilize the lid?' There was nothing about that in the quick pickle recipe, you can make them in a bowl, you are all being ridiculous. M, was laughing when you answered the phone muttering to yourself, Can't I just be left alone for a minute. So funny.

Dawny, Hi Betty. Are you okay? I am so sorry about your friend, you must feel shaken. We will cheer you up. I wish I could hug you. Why can't you come visit? What will you do today to give yourself a small treat?

I must vault up: yoga, meeting, tutoring, grading housework organic dinner blah blah blah, I need a housekeeper. Oh, and I have to take 1,000 vitamins supplements and a protein shake. M! I forgot to tell you Green Vibrance is not vegan or GF! No wonder it made me poop my brains out!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

Fia:  what a goose story.  Poor elderly woman and her dog. And thanks for the Hair update.  Cannot wait for more. **will DS break up with her when they return?  Tune in tomorrow*** And that was quite the canning story. AT least they were not stored in the house and no one was injured when the shooting started.

M: I am laughing at your phone call reaction too.  That is pretty much how I feel every time the phone rings. **who the hell is that and what do they want?**  Colin is so sweet to help me via e-mail with my desk. Give him extra hugs for me.

((Dawny))  so sorry about your friend. 

Overslept,, must run now or I won't make it to yoga.  Back later.  **waving to all**

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

• AndreaJ50
    edited March 2015

Diva was very concerned about Teddy yesterday. She was very motherly. They played together so well last night. Once Teddy stops using Diva for a teething ring she will like him more.

Waving to everyone!