Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2014

Checking in on DP, hope you are ok, dont like to hear how you are feeling. Go to ER anytime if you have to, but i dont take this advice very easily either. Take care and thinking of you.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited August 2014

greetings from the er ladies. I've been here two productive hours. I've had medication and a head ct. But they refuse to give me any water. Kind of pitiful to be looking forward to my iv flush. 

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited August 2014

Oh DP, I am pleased you are there and being treated. Take it easy, I know it's a pain in the ass, but I hope they can give you something to make it better.

I'll keep checking back to see if you've updated, hugs from me...M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

thanks everyone. I feel kind of bad for the dr who has to come tell me about my ct results. Shit, does that mean I'm in denial?  I have multiple mets in the brain and there is so much swelling that there have been structural changes. She did seem a little relieved that I wa anticipating this news. 

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited August 2014

well crap on a Chapstick DP.  What are the treatment plans?

Dawn.   Xxxxxxxxxx

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry. I so wish I was closer, I bet we all do right now, to give you a great big group hug from all of us.

I am going to go out for a walk right now, I am not someone who prays, but I am thinking only of you.

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

no plans yet. They are transferring me to a bigger hospital so I can see a neurosurgeon right away. Dr here says as bad as it looks that it unbeleivable that I only have a headache. She says the symptoms will get worse. I think I must not have adequately expressedto them how terribly terrpainful this headache actually is. 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2014

I agree with Dawny, crap on a chapstick. Nothing like being told your symptoms will get worse. Sending healing vibes and hopes for less pain.

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

they gave me morphine here which is nice and I would totally be sleeping it off right now. If, they had not followed it with decadriin. I'll be up for three days now

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

So you are admitted to the other Hospital?

Morphine is good, but fuck! that other one is a steroid isn't it? I guess that is for the swelling, but I know how it can speed you up.....damn!

I hope they are treating you well.

Try to get a little rest...thinking of you! M x

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited August 2014

UGH!  Crap on a Chapstick!! Sorry to hear about this, DP.  I hope the morphine helps. The Decadron is for swelling (steroid)  They must get the swelling down. That will hopefully help the headache too.

Keep us posted. Did you see neurosurgeon yet? 

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited August 2014

Gosh. I'm so sorry.  Relief will be great. I hope you've had something to drink.  Do you do any hand crafts like knitting so you can stay busy with your steroid energy? Crossword puzzles? 

You are an amazing person. I can't imagine the pain but you've still worked and taken care of stuff at home, dogs. You are one tough chica. 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2014

DP, crap on a chapstick is what I think too. Damn this bc to hell! hoping you can get relief from pain. Praying and sending positive thoughts your way. We are all right here for you.. big (((HUGS)))

• Zillsnot4me
    edited August 2014

Here's hoping you get McDreamy as your surgeon:)

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited August 2014

I second that emotion!  McDreamy it is!

Thinking of you, DP.  Crap on a chapstick!  I am sending warm hugs your way, visualizing them kicking this met to the curb for good!  XXXXOOOOO

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited August 2014

Not sure I have ever replied on this thread, but have been following along for some time now.  DP - just know you have a lot of us thinking and praying for you.  You have been through so much, and yet have kept it all together.  I love your wit, and the very real feeling/emotion you convey through your messages.  We are not all in advanced stages, but don't think for a second we don't realize that our world could turn upside down in a moment's notice (JLS comes to mind).   So hang in there girl.   We are here for you...and you better ask for a private room cause some people (M?  Bobo?) can get pretty rowdy.  I still remember M's story about how she put on a suit and went to the head of the hospital when things didn't go right for her mom.  There are some pretty amazing women here..and DP you are one of them.  *hugs*

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

PRB, you put that so eloquently, I had to resort to my gutter gums, because I was so shocked!

DP, You've been on my mind since you posted, I too have thought about how much you have been through and how you have handled it so well, keeping your wonderful sense of humor all the way. I hadn't  even thought of McDreamy, but what a great thought!

You've touched every one of us and we're all here waiting, to hear how you're getting on. I know Bobo laughs at this, but I look at you girls as both friends and like Daughters, you're all around my Bec's age so I do feel wildly protective of you!

I hope the drugs are working, you are comfortable and that pressure in your head is improving today. 

Take it easy lovely one....M x

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

Oh,,,, The M  stands for Mum,,,,,   I get it now!  ;)

((hugs))

DP!!  Hope you are getting GOOD DRUGS and the headache is better.

• tb90
    tb90 Member Posts: 289
    edited August 2014

DP:  I am a bit like PRB1956 in that although I do not post much anywhere anymore, I have been following this thread as I am so grateful to follow your wit, resilience and sheer determination and good will.  I have expressed this earlier on this thread, that your spirit is a gift to so many of us.  I have been thinking of you all day and wondering how such crap can happen to such a wonderful person.  You have such great support here from all the women, but I just had to tell you that you are always in my thoughts and I often have a smile along with those thoughts (but not todayScared).  I think we would all love to get on a plane to be there for you.  Seriously, would that not just be so awesome! 

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

TB, I miss you! so nice to see you here. I wish we could hop that plane too!

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

thank you all for the kind thoughts and sentiments. Makes things a little less lonely here. Still in the hospital. Never got my spine mri today and the MO didn't show until after 8pm. Hoping to be free in the morning. There is not much freedom in the neuro ICU. Ariom may need to get down here stat. Still very mad that I didn't get a shower before going to the er last night. But bf was being impatient. Neuro surgeon advises against surgery due to the amount of lesions and possible complications when I will need to have rads anyway. I'm a bit relieved about that. MO shared results of last Mondays scan. I have a few ugly nodes in my chest and a lung nodule or two, so I also need chemo but rads is the priority. All available clinical trials are not accepting brain mets, so those are out. Need to get scheduled with RO ASAP. That's on the list for tomorrow. 

• Zillsnot4me
    edited August 2014

Hey DP! 

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

DP, you know I'd be there in a heartbeat! Have you got any family nearby?

OK, so rads, then chemo, no surgery, I've got it.

How is your head? Has the pain eased a bit? Sorry to be asking so many questions, but still trying to get  my head around it all. 

I am so  glad you're still posting, you're never far from my thoughts. 

Just let me know if anyone needs a bitch slap, or an angry dressing down, I could always dress up in a fierce suit and Skype them!!!

I'm thinking, that clueless bitch is going to be getting one hell of a wake up call!

Love and hugs from me! M x

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

DP:  so glad to hear from you.  Mean nurses won't let you shower???  Let me get that bitch slapper ready.   I do hope the headache is better and that they gave you the good drugs.  How can we help?  Can we send a care package? Chocolate? Wine?  your own personal bitch slapper?

M:  great idea,, put on the suit and SKYPE them. Brilliant!

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

head is pounding a little. I switched to decadron pills which is what I will take at home. I don't like the morphine but it is effective. Waiting on mri. Sleepy. Mom was here all day. She will be back tomorrow. 

Edited to fix autocorrects. I can usually let them go but I'm too sensitive about my cognitive ability tonight. 

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

Hey there DP, I'm sorry you aren't sleeping. Glad you'll be getting the MRI soon. It's all so bloody shitful.

So pleased your Mother was there today with you, I hoped you weren't alone.

I have been flat out all day, cleaning up after the tradesmen, and putting stuff back. It is nearly all done. I stopped the renovations when I was having my surgery, couldn't handle having a house full of men and smelly paint etc. Our poor delivery man nearly had a heart attack when he came in to deliver something and my drain wasn't in the bag, but was being dragged behind me. I didn't want to scare any of the others! LOL It has taken many months to get them all together again, for the final push to finish everything. 

I took delivery today of 51kg over 100lbs of donated makeup! I decided to do a workshop for my Pink Ladies group and a friend who is a presenter on our shopping channel has reached out to some companies for products, to use on the day and to do "goodie bags" for the girls. It will take me ages to go through it all!  

You've been in my thoughts all day. I told Bec tonight on the phone about what's been happening with you, she knew about you from me telling her about the Spam competition. She has a school friend with stage lV bowel cancer, so she is learning a lot about cancer. 

Try to get some rest and let us know how you're doing hen you can... take it easy..Moira xxx

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

DP:  glad mom is there. Glad Morphine, etc is helping and that headache is not so awful. Keeping you in my thoughts.

glennie

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

Wow, M:  that's a LOT of makeup!  How exciting to put on a function like that. And how great that you got all those donations. Looking forward to hearing more.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2014

DP, Happy your Mom is there and the morphine is helping. You're in my thoughts every day. Hugs.

Ariom, Question for the makeup expert. I have freckles. When I get makeup should I go with the light or the dark or pick something in between? 

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited August 2014

DP, that really sucks!! I agree with the wonderful things everyone has expressed here about you! I have checked daily (ok, many times daily) for months to see what you are up to and how you are doing. We are all in the same boat and when it rocks for one we all feel it deeply!! 

Radiation treatment does wonders!! My son's therapist just had surgery for brain mets in the spring. I think it was called Gamma knife?? I haven't seen him since just after the surgery in June, and was delighted to see how well he is doing now.

I guess I am trying to say you are a strong woman, and I believe you can win this battle!! And count me in for the trip to see you :) . I've never actually bitch-slapped anyone...but willing to give it a try for you. Lol

You are much loved,

Andrea