Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015

from bond

Good evening to you I hope all is well. We had a Beautiful weekend weather wise here in texas. Due to pressures from mom I had to go ahead and box up all of Sheila s things and take them to the grandparents. There was a surprising little bit of closure once I was done , but it almost seems like it created a little hole.

So as far as legally goes it is back into their court and That God and them will have to sort out.

I just watched 60 minutes and they had an interesting story on treating cancer with polio. So of course that brings up the sad emotions of could we have tried that but I guess there is probably a million trials that may have worked ....... but then there was a lady on there and it showed her so swollen from the steroids that she looked just like sheila,..

Anyway thanks for listening I will talk to you soon I hope you had a wonderful weekend... Bond

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015

WTF is this woman's problem... she's really pissing me off.

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

Sorry DP, but your mom is really pissing me off, I hate that he is having to go through this shit on top of losing her. Thanks Z.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited March 2015

Thanks for the update Z,,, I feel so bad for Bond.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015

Thank you Z! I don't "get it". I know we don't know all that has gone on, but this woman doesn't seem to be reacting like any of us would expect a grieving Mother, to act. Ii know when I have lost anyone really close, apart from the really sentimental things, I couldn't give a shit, about stuff.

I feel for Bond, it's like he has been cast adrift, after losing his girl. He doesn't seem to lose his temper, but the line about "That God", or was it meant to read, that God and them will have to sort it out. How the tone can change, with a typo, or not. Whatever...I just wish it hadn't been so awful, for him and it still isn't over.

Please tell him, we're all thinking about him.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

LM woke up crying. Managed to make it to my bed and lap before puking all over my shoulder and the bed and my pillow. Apparently she also pooped her diaper. She was very upset about that.

She is now snoring away. DH doing laundry. I'm laying here with puke smell stuck in my nose and a roiling stomach. Today was the day I decided to eat after her twice!

Why do my kids only puke pink? The two times the boy did, was strawberry flavored something. Tonight her's was cranberries. I should be grateful she refused the Mexican pork and hominy soup I made.

Guess I need to find some Vicks to put up my nose. Maybe some sleepy time tea to settle my stomach. I've always been a sympathetic hurler. Chemo only made it a faster reflex.

And spring break starts tomorrow. Boo as DP would say.

Sorry rant over. Just a sucky ending to a sucky day.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Oh Z, yuck, the smell of puke is so hard to get rid of and on your pillow ewww! Vicks is a good idea, that's what the forensics guys use. You've hit on one of the mysteries of life, why is the puke like that. I remember when a friend kept asking how it could have carrots in it when she never ate them. LOL Change the subject before I hurl! LOL

ldesim, I know you address her, I wonder what DP is thinking, about her Mother's behavior. DP, I am thinking about you and we all have Bond's back! M x

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

I don't know why DP's Mom thinks she entitled to anything. The GPs raised her and were her acting parents. She probably gave her to GPs because she was wanting to have her own life and now wants DP's money. I hope DP spent it ALL shopping on QVC.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015
    Too bad Sheila and Bond didn't get married. He sure honored "thru sickness" thing. That should count for something. I hardly noticed DP mention her mom. At all. Stupid woman!

I might try and knit some knitted knockers. I should see if my mom and sister want to join me. I will let you know if they turnout.
  • SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015

Thanks for the Bond update. I can only imagine how DP is feeling about the way her mom is treating Bond! I feel so badly for him. The Karma train will surely catch up to her!

Hope LM is feeling better now Z. Puke at night is the worst! I would be at the store first thing in the morning buying new pillows! I was the hair holder in college as I have never been a sympathy hurler. I lived with a bunch of nursing students who would hurl with the first heave. I hope they got over that!

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

Agree,, she does not act like grieving Mom at all. But then, the GP's raised her, so seems like she never acted like "mom" either.

OH, Z,, puke in the middle of the night. UGH!   Poor you and poor LM.  Hope she is feeling better.

Off to see hand therapist about getting wrist splint.  Back later.  **waving to all**

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2015

Zills, thanks for the update from Bond. What is the matter with that woman, how can a mother behave like that in any situation but especially after losing her child. I can only imagine that is the worst pain in the world, but it seems she loves money and thinks more. Did Bond and DP own a house or did they rent? hopefully he doesnt have to leave his home.

Puking kids.. we went to gd's basketball tourney on Sat. and before the day was over, the youngest was puking and pooping! Kids had quite a drive back to Fargo, so must have been interesting trip and yesterday the oldest girl got it,, one more to go plus the parents... sure hope dh and I didnt pick up the bug but there was lots of hugs so wouldnt be surprised..it seems their little ones are sick alot too zills.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

We have made progress. Had three Popsicles in a row and a nap. Still not much solid but that's ok. There's a water leak and the water has been shut off all day for repairs. I feel like I have the creepy crawlies. Thank goodness for baby wipes, Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer.

Boy waiting impatiently for DH to get home. I promised he could cash in his piggy bank. Need to do a big shop too. No bread or lunch stuff. Kids had ramen. I had a salad and the last of the ice cream:)

Have a question. We visit with the biological grandmothers and siblings. Have no contact with biological parents. Their choice. Now LM biological dad wants pix. I didn't mind when his mom sent them. Don't really want to send any personally. He's in jail and has been since right after she was born for drugs.

He sent a bday card last year and again this year with the request for pix. Am I splitting hairs?

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

Geez Z, it never ends does it... and no water on top of everything?? I'm not exactly a sympathetic hurler, but I will get queasy. Poor LM, glad she is resting and at least she got some fluids in her.. hope it passes soon. Why is boy cashing in his piggy bank? As far as biological father, you already said you don't really want to send them... no sense doing something you aren't comfortable with. I wonder why his mom isn't sending them, maybe ask her if she will. I can understand your hesitancy, and him sending the card and asking puts you in a difficult position.

Nd, hope you guys didn't pick anything up either, last thing either of you need right now.

Andrea, I was thinking the same thing, shame they didn't do a quickie wedding and maybe none of this BS would be happening. Interested to hear how your knitted knockers come out :)

I recall DP saying they were more like sisters.. so I am thinking perhaps DP was a teen pregnancy. I think DP would be very disappointed in her mother's behavior... but..... she didn't seem somebody that held grudges and would just do whatever to diffuse the situation, she was all about making everybody happy, so in a way, Bond is probably handling it as DP would.

Wren, I too hope she spent every last dime at QVC :)

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2015

Z, I agree with l, you don't feel comfortable sending them, so don't do it. He can get them off his mom. You may open the door for all sorts of requests if you send them.

Hope LM is on the road to recovery. Xx

• Ariom
    edited March 2015

Hi all! Z I totally get where you are coming from and I would want the Mother to send the pics, I know it is just one more person in the chain, but I don't know if I would want the direct contact either. Nothing to do with the Jail, or even the drugs, just the separation. Good Luck. ldesim is right, if it doesn't feel right don't do it!

Gosh, no water and a sick kid, I'd have the heebie geebies too!

You're so bloody "spot on" ldesim, DP handled everything so well and she did manage to smooth things over and everyone was happy. I am pretty sure she had some money, though. She told me that she didn't owe, anything. I hope her plan for the GP's doesn't get messed with. I am not sure if the house was DP and Bond's, but I remember them doing quite a bit of maintenance work and painting, would that be something you'd do, to a rental?

Glennie, in the bag for the wrist splint, I hope it is a good one. I enjoy the process of having them made. I have an appointment on the 15th, to get a metal trigger finger splint, made. Looking forward to that. I am sick of the gasping sound I make, every time my finger locks, it hurts like shit! I can't be sure I won't shout out an expletive or two, so it is becoming embarrassing! I try to remember to tape it, but I do forget.LOL

Shoulder still sore, but better today. It was 3c when I got up and is supposed to be 29c today, so the heating is on, right now.

Showerr time...be back later...M x

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2015

Z. I wouldn't do it either. Pics now, what happens if/when he gets out of jail? No. He gave up his rights. When she is 18, let her decide. Just my 2 cents.

Hope everybody has a pain/puke free night!!!

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

I agree with the others,, have his mother send the pics.   Don't send them if you do not feel comfortable.

I got the splint for the left arm (LE side)  will see how it does tonight. She may have to tweak it. I go back next Monday. We spent so much time on my history and then the splint, we didn't have time for exercises and stretches.  She did suggest that I ice it for 10  mins after work, before I go to bed.  She was not keen on an ergonomic keyboard,, more concerned with my posture when typing and keeping the wrists in proper position.

all sorts of work computer issues today,,,, up and running now.   Back later.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

Zills, I agree with the others  don't send pictures ! . Hope you are puke free by now  ! I know that takes its toll !

Yeah Bobo and the new family member !

I am with the rest of you I hope DP spent everything on packages and my heart is still breaking for Bond

No HAIR stories yet. They are still sleeping and jet lagged so I assume the #)#)$)$ egg frying will begin soon

Will check back later..........off to get some errands done

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015

Forgot this especially for Zills and Bobo..........

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2015

Is anyone watching the series on PBS this week, it is called Cancer the Empereor of all Malady, I havent watched but did record it.

Zills, I have not any experience with your situation but think the others here have some pretty good advice, no pictures.

Just a warm beautiful day here, so I am heading outside to check for little plants poking their heads through!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2015

Bobo's dog is adorable! I'm curious how he eats. Dogs don't chew their food, so no bottom jaw needed once it's in their mouths. Looks like there's really no problem; he's survived a long time. Is dog Bobo jealous?

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

ND:  I am recording too, have not had time to watch it yet.

Wren: I am guessing he laps the food up with tongue and swallows,,, maybe he has soft food in small pieces?    Hoping for a Bobo update soon.  

Fia:  excellent sign.  Standing by for new Hair report!! That week went really fast.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015

I don't know why, but I thought they were going to Hawaii for 30 days.

Zills, I agree, don't send photos especially to a jail. I hope your kids are feeling better.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

That last one really applies Fia! And they never shut the door. Puking is a spectator sport at my house:)

LM is better. Sent her to school as I had to go to courthouse and boy has dr appt. Been trying to catch up on paperwork. Nothing fun:(

Dentist tomorrow. Still working on laundry. And spring wardrobe/uniforms. And LM room a wreck. And pots to wash. And dinner to cook. And more insurance calls. And......,

It never ends.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

I heard about the series. Was also sent one about 11 podcasts on alternative therapy, including Suzanne Somers. Just not interested. Let me know if the pbs is any good. Would have to watch during the day without kids.

It's not that I don't believe alternatives can help but not willing to get my hopes up. I was approached when I was first dx and would have had to leave us for treatment. If it hadn't been stage IV I think I would have gambled and done both. But I've got two little ones and can't have regrets. It would have taken three months.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015

Tomorrow is April fools. What's on your menu? Thinking chocolate pie with pink meringue and broccoli. Translate meatloaf with pink mashed potatoes (what else?) and green tootsie rolls with top rolled in sprinkles.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

I need pics of that menu, please! Z:  you are so busy!  I wish I could give you a spa vacation.

• ldesim
    edited March 2015

Z, the boy and DH don't have a problem with pink food? My menu will probably consist of something slapped between two slices of wheat bread... cuz that's the kind of week I am having.

I second the spa vacation... provided I can come too... which reminds me... that Atty is back from DR... need to ask him about cost of timeshare for a couple of days.

Andrea, I think that DS is on vacation for 30 days, but the actual trip to Hawaii wasn't.

I heard about the series too, but wasn't sure I was up for watching it... we'll see.

• glennie19
    edited March 2015

spa day in NOLA?   Did we ever get a head count for the house rental?