Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Options

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited April 2015
    Options

Oh my giddy Aunt, that was great Fia! I just hang out for your updates. Your Mother has all her faculties and she's enjoying herself, just as long as she doesn't get stoned and drive, I don't see a problem!

Wren, that blossom tree was beautiful, I envy you going into Spring. We changed the clocks back last night and it was dark, so early, I am not looking forward to the Winter.

Bec goes home today, we packed her bag last night. I will miss having her here. I am going to miss Tai Chi this morning and just go into town earlier and have lunch, before she catches the bus.

Glennie, I know the Shrimp plant, we have them here, too! They are really pretty and they do look like shrimp!

Take it easy everyone...catch you later...trying not to "crack the sads today!" M x

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

imageHappy Easter from Mount Rushmore. Dh and I are enjoying a little vacation and will meet our gs for his 19th birthday dinner later.

• ndgirl
    edited April 2015
    Options

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited April 2015
    Options

very cool!!!! I'd like to go there some day!!!!

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited April 2015
    Options

Awesome ND ! Have a great time !!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi ND!!  **waving***   Just hanging with the Dead Presidents, are ya???SillyHeart

• ndgirl
    edited April 2015
    Options

Ha Glennie! One guy came up to us and asked who was the one with the mustache, I kinda was speechless and then he said he was Canadian, so I have him pass! Even though I thought he should have known. Yes it is a very cool place to visit, have been here many times but never fails to amaze me as to how it got accomplished

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6931778

I totally recommend watching this vid.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited April 2015
    Options

Ava is adorable.. and her ears match CT's leggings! I like shrimp the shrimp plant :)

ND, enjoy, love the pics!

I hope you don't get a case of the sads M... sorry that Bec is leaving and you had to turn the clocks back.. I hate that. She'll be back soon.

Fia, awesome update.. your mom is too damn much! I can't believe the goings on at 82.. what a trip!!! lol. Hope she won her cookies lol.

Z, never heard of extension office, will check it out. I heard about your rain on the news! Sounds awful :( Love your nice simple dinner.. sounded wonderful.. hope the kids had fun.

Had a nice day today... my mother and her two sisters are starting to argue over my grandmother's possessions, which really pisses me off.. when asked what I wanted, I named a couple of things that had sentimental value to me.. and my mother is upset that I'm not gunning for the china or furniture.. FFS, I have no intention of being pulled into this nonsense. "well so and so took this and so and so took that" I honestly don't give a shit. "You're great grandfather built the dressers". Hey I think that's fantastic and I think it should stay in the family.. but they are huge pieces of furniture and I live in a doll house.. no room for them. *sigh*

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

Nice video, Glennie :)

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2015
    Options

ND nice photo! Mt Rushmore is such a cool monument. We went there a few years ago on a trip back from western Canada. We didnt get there until late so we stayed for the sunset ceremony.

My big sister and I saw Wicked today. It was wonderful. Hope everyone had a happy Easter.

• ndgirl
    edited April 2015
    Options

Omg, loving the Fiaranch stories, next chapter please, more pics from Ariom, we are all moving in with her!

Andrea, why do people fight over material things in life? After what we all have been thru, agree with you.....who gives a shit

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

oooo, Andrea, glad you enjoyed Wicked!!  I hope you are having fun with your sister.

OMG,, do people fight over things!!  And my Mom is redoing her will to specifically leave certain people out of it! She is going to state in the will that certain people are not even allowed in the house after her demise! She better live a long time cuz I surely do not want to have to deal with all of this crap.

Glad you like the Vid, L. 

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

ldesim, OMG, where there's a Will, there's a relative! My Mother always said that. I hate the way people act with greed, about someone else's possessions. I have seen some terrible fights over stuff, after a death, it's just tacky. I guess, being an only child, I haven't really had to deal with it, but I do have a "black sheep" of a cousin, who I have nothing to do do with. He would have taken the gold out of my Mother's teeth, if he could. I made sure he got nothing more, when she passed away. He ripped her off enough, in life. Slimy shit, that he is!

Well, Bec is gone and I don't know when she will be back up this way, she has used her vacation allocation up. This trip started off really well, but we got into a couple of arguments this time, over really stupid stuff. Nothing that will continue being an issue, but I don't like her leaving, in a bit of a snit! Mothers and daughters, it can be volatile, as you all know!

I enjoyed the Video Glennie, I always wondered why "Feminism" always got misconstrued, too!

ndgirl, lovely shots, i have never been there either, but would like to see it. I have to admit to not knowing the one with the mustache, either! LOL

I am going to have a Nanna Nap, all these late nights have caught up with me...catch you later..M x

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,893
    edited April 2015
    Options

Glennie, Loved the video.

ND, Hate to admit I had to google the one with the mustache. Teddy did cross my mind, but I was sure it was someone earlier.

When my Dad's oldest sister died, two of her sisters were outside in the hall dividing up her possessions (while she was dying). He was so mad he didn't speak to them for about 15 years. He wrote return to sender on their Christmas cards and sent them back unopened. Dad kept writing people in and out of his will until the whole family told him they didn't want anything. When his control ploy stopped working, he dropped the subject.

Between our 2 kids, the loser will end up with the stuff.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited April 2015
    Options

Cool pix. Thanks for sharing.

I decided to pick a fight with DH. I hate scanxiety. Wasn't even home for 24 hours. Still have three more days to go.

I just want it to be over. I don't feel any different. I've determined my joint pain is the tamox so why am I so scared. The anxiety seems worse this time. I think DP and Raro are weighing on me. I know Raro had a good long run. We all agree DP was a shock. We were dx about the same time. I know we had different dx but....

I did hold tonight and slept a solid 5 hours but it's now 2 am. I need to go back to sleep. Wish I knew how to crochet.

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Z, shit what can I say? Wish I had words, which could make it easier for you. I know the waiting is brutal and the shock of what happened to DP, well, that rocked us all, to the core. Of course you're going to feel the added stress, this time around. Hugs to you and I hope the time goes quickly, till you get your results. Hoping you get some sleep.

Andrea, glad to hear you enjoyed your outing with your Sister.

I have been getting updates from Bec about the Bus ride from Hell, if anything could be out of service on this coach, it as. No video, no toilet, no water fountain, she just arrived in Melbourne and has decided to get a cab the rest of the way. Seems we're talking again! M x

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited April 2015
    Options

Z -In the bag for the scan . Scans are scarey and nerve wracking.  As I told my DH "shut up about telling me to calm down " there is no calming down and there never will be so you will just have o deal with me .

Off to the grocery store now .....Have a good day/night you all !

• ndgirl
    edited April 2015
    Options

Zills, sending big hugs. Of course you are anxious, we cannot help these feelings can we? If it helps, my friend with stage IV just got another clear scan and she has been dx six years ago. Praying for good results for you as well.

Ariom, glad you and Bec are ok, mothers and daughters have quite the dance don't they?

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Z:  good for you for holding! Excellent plan. It is scary.  We are here for you. Rant on.  ((hugs))  We are all in the bag for you.  Keep holding until it is over.

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hang on Z, remember to breathe.

• wren44
    edited April 2015
    Options

Z, I would be anxious too. In the bag. Waiting is the hardest part.

M, Glad you and Bec are on good terms again. Nothing like the bus ride from hell to make other concerns seem trivial.

The beauty of not doing Easter eggs is the lack of same to use up this week.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thanks guys. Went to yoga and out to lunch with friend. Boy slammed his finger in the door on the way to get shots.

We are going to dye eggs again tonight. Love deviled eggs. May make a quiche with leftover ham. Kids eating goldfish and jelly beans. Well rounded colorful meal.

I found these wonderful light up balls. Perfect size for little hands. I always take presents to Ireland. Do you think they would travel well on the plane?

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Ouch Z for the finger in the door! Poor little guy, will he lose the nail?

Don't know what powers the balls, but likely they have traveled already to get to you, so probably do ok, on the plane. When are you going to Ireland, I seem to have missed details about that.

Thanks Wren and ndgirl, it never lasts long, but shits me, especially, since it is about nothing. This one started when I asked her if she had her ticket and I got a lecture about treating her like a teenager!!! WTF, whatever........If I had a dollar for every time I had to get a passenger, who was flying that day, to get someone to make a dash to the airport with a forgotten ticket, I would be a rich woman. I absolutely hate parting, with any kind of weirdness, like never going to sleep, in a snit and not talking. It secretly has me hoping though, that she goes somewhere and forgets her ticket....bahaha, I know, I'm bad!!!!!

Hi Fia and Spookiesmom! Waving to everyone else.

Dark gray and dreary here, bucketing down rain and quite chilly. Perfect weather for listing on Ebay! I managed to get some on last week and it finished on Sunday night. I think for the first time ever, it is all paid for and I packaged it all last night ready to go today! That was painless!

Hoping you are all having a pleasant holiday...M x

• ldesim
    edited April 2015
    Options

Started this like 2 hours ago... didn't finish it, luckily didn't lose it. *waving hello*

Z. I love deviled eggs too.. quiche sounds delicious! I don't see why the balls wouldn't travel well, I wonder though if they would cause issues when checking in the luggage? How's the boys finger? That's a horrible thing to do, poor little guy. I'd be nervous with the scans too, regardless of the shock of DP and news of Raro, try to hang in there and come vent to us... we can take it :)

M, sorry you and Bec butted heads a bit, seems she has forgotten all about it and I hope you don't have the sads with her gone. What a horrible ride home she had.. not the best way to end your holiday! That's awful about your cousin,

• wren44
    edited April 2015
    Options

Zills, might be a good idea to keep the balls in the original packaging, even tho bulky.

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

mmmmm, deviled eggs,,,, I love those!  How is Boy's finger today? Slamming finger in door really hurts. Got my pinkie finger caught in a heavy door that closed automatically and I thought I was going to pass out. It hurt that bad!

Think I overdid the gardening over the weekend. Really sore and my carpal tunnel is acting up like crazy. Fingers are numb.  Bummer. Going to get a rain barrel at the extension office today (Thanks Z!)  and hope that it will fit in the back of my Honda Fit!  Have to get my handyman to fix it up with the downspout. That job is beyond me.

And lunch at the Asian buffet with co-workers at noon. Yum.   Back later.   **waving to all**

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

He caught it on the middle knuckle. Little stiff this am. Went to bed with cold pack. So did copy cat. She came to our bed about midnight with her cold pack. I gave up and went to hers. Scratchy Easter grass in hers.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

This what we had for dinner. Goose eggs! Chicken egg for comparison. Yolk was huge, very yellow and stood tall. Equivalent to 4 chicken eggs. Tasted not as strong. Want to try quail and duck next.

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Tweedle and Dee, the city slickers.

DH and his buddy B are renovating a mobile home. B calls, says a rooster was trapped in the enclosed car port. Chased him out. DH goes over next day, rooster is back, gets chased out again.

Next day, same thing, only now DH finds a nest with 2 eggs.

They are both amazed a rooster laid the eggs!!! I want to send themto Fia, let the gf deal with them.