Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Options

Comments

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited April 2015
    Options

lol, yeah, send them to Fia... while your at it send her the rooster too...I bet she's lonely without the goose..... even though she'll never admit it.

Z, that must make a mean omelette..... how about ostrich. I love the fact LM needed a cold pack too.... also love the fact she has Easter grass in her bed.

Glenview, sorry you're in pain, but can't say I am too surprised seeing all that you did. Enjoy your lunch.... an Asian buffet sounds wonderful.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited April 2015
    Options

wow, those are BIG eggs!!  So cute that LM needed her own coldpack,, and has Easter grass in her bed.

hahahah, rooster laid eggs!  Need a biology class, someone??

Asian buffet = good.  Talked to guy on our HOA board,, and hopefully those damn holly stumps will be pulled out tomorrow and NO extra charge to me!  YIPPEE!!  Stayed tuned on that,, cuz I'll believe it when I see it. Neighbors and I very excited about this.  Neighbor on that side of me (it's her fence they are in front of) wants to plant azaleas there.  Fabulous.  And I got my rain barrel home.  Progress,, inch by inch,,,,

work time,,, back later

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited April 2015
    Options

scans over finally. Had to have retakes:( hopefully just arthritis. Now to work on my outfit for racing tomorrow and drink, drink, drink.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited April 2015
    Options

Yea for arthritis!!!!

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

YAY for scans being over!  What is racing tomorrow?  Did I miss an event?  What are you wearing?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,893
    edited April 2015
    Options

I've had both duck and quail eggs. I liked the duck eggs. They had a similar darker yolk that stood up like the goose eggs. Quail eggs are too small to bother with IMHO. Besides, baby quail are adorable.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited April 2015
    Options

Spookie I will take the eggs and the damn Rooster if it would get HAIR away from me . No good Hair stories she has actually trying to behave.

Zills- Fingers crossed for good results and I hope you get the results QUICKLY !!!

I am angry again (damn arimidex) so have not done much of anything over the past few days

Here is Today's Random Thought..................

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2015
    Options

haha, a man is still looking at his thumb! Boo for Hair behaving.

In the bag Z, I think knee is unusual? Hoping for arthritis, well hoping for nothing really.

ND, thanks for the photos, how come all of you girls look so young! Something in the water over there? I'm moving, you coming too M? I also had no idea about Mr Mustachio. I had no idea you could get up that close either. So how far away from Mt Rushmore do you live, ND?

What else have I missed, glad you got to see Bec M. My DH was racing in Maryborough, so we stayed at Lake Wendouree/Ballarat for three nights. Freaks me out watching him race tho, they think they are in The Tour de France, in the peloton, all squished up and going too fast for tight corners. He came 4th in the states, so was happy with that.

Where are you bobo? Hope all is well, and Maxie is settling in.

Sending hugs to PRB, hope you are doing ok. Let us know if we need to cuss out any dicktors for you! Lol. X

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thank you Fia. Always good for a laugh.

The governor's wife always hosts bc survivors at the race tracks and horse park. Tomorrow is racing. Supposed to wear pink. Do pink toes count? Dress is black and white. Need to find a pink hat. Never found a hat last year.

More rain and storms. Everything flooded. Poor geese sitting on eggs on the island. May get washed away.

Assuming results good on Thursday, must book tix to Ireland for summer. It will be here before you know it!

• fiaranch1
    edited April 2015
    Options

I got lucky enough to get uterine cancer at 25 :-( and had a hysterectomy BUT............this was too funny not to share !!!!

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

In the bag for results.  ooooo, racing!  Hope the weather clears up for it!

What will it take before Hair misbehaves??  hmmmmm,,,,, We need a good Hair story.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thinking of you Z, and sending hugs! Hope the results come quickly.

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Great pic Andrea!   Hope you are having a great time.

Fia:  we post at the same time,, I love that sign!  Where were all those ice cream coupons when I still needed tampons?

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

Nice pic Andrea, I enjoyed my tour there too. Zills, hoping for the best results, I just know they are ok. Fia, love your sign, I need those belly laughs!!

Huge eggs! I am not much of an egg eater, maybe a few scrambled once in awhile but not much.

Dawny, I zoomed the faces, but they are so huge. There was some Bighorn Sheep right up at the entrance going in, I should post that picture too. Not real good tho. We live about an 8-10 hour drive from there. Home for us is along the Canadian border in North Dakota and faces are in South Dakota. We take our time driving there too, on the way home I wanted to get a picture of a pheasant rooster, they are so beautiful in the wild and are all along the roadsides. He informed me I wouldnt get one and he was right, they fly off as soon as we slowed down. He was getting pretty tired of spotting them, slowing down and they would fly off. They are pretty but a stupid bird, if they get caught in a snowstorm they just stick their heads in the snow and smother crazy huh.

Where is Bobo? hope Princess is ok.. anyone heard from her? worried.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2015
    Options

This guy, ND?

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hey everyone, just got home, I have been out in the rain and the driving winds all morning at a clearing auction, but I got what I wanted! It was a friend, who is down sizing and they had aton of stuff that the clearing company comes in and auctions off. Wouldn't you know it but the things I wanted, 2 huge Stag Ferns, were about the second last lot. There was another woman bidding against me, but I managed to pip her, at $35.00 each, a steal, for 35 year old Stags, mounted on boards. I feel sick now, because all I could do while waiting, was eat stuff from the cafe caravan, I stuffed myself with Cookies, Sandwiches and Hot Chocolate.....mmmmmm, I don't feel very well......lol

Fia, love that! How dare Hair try to behave, doesn't she know we need stories here?

Z, when are you going to Ireland??????

ndgirl, I just thought of you, I had to dodge a group, gaggle, I don't know what you call them, but a big group of chickens, with really spectacular plumage who were all over the road, on my way home. I assume they all escaped from somewhere, looked like they would be show birds. I had no idea what to do with them, even if, I could have caught them.

Andrea, you're in New York! I wish I was there too!

Z, what a nice idea, I like a day at the races, we need a pic of the outfit and I think pink toes are a very nice statement!

Spookiesmom, I am with you...Z, Yay for Arthritis, shit, did I really say that? Don't we have a new perspective, on what's ok!

Hey Dawny are you underwater yet? We have had so much rain, I can't believe it. Freezing today too. I get what you mean about being worried about your Hubby, I am the same with Colin, he used to race solo yachts and it was often in terrible conditions, I would be on the marina with everything crossed that he wouldn't get tossed into the water. He wears a self inflating lifejacket, but he sinks like a stone, without one and I always worry that the thing won't inflate. Years ago, he slid off the steps of his Sister's pool and just sat on the bottom, till one of the kids asked, if Uncle Colin should be sitting down there. His ex was a ditz and didn't notice he wasn't there, I think she pulled him up by the hair! It's a fear of mine that it may happen, on my watch....

Glennie, how is the carpal tunnel today? You probably overdid it in the garden, but at last you aren't battling "The Claw" too!

Wren I agree about the Quail eggs, they are like a boiled egg for Barbie! Colin 2's family used to have a cattle farm and on the side, they had quail and scwab (sp) for high end restaurants. I hated to see those little baby quail running around, knowing what their future was.

By the way Colin 2 isn't doing too well, he had all that surgery, but his breathing is really difficult, he still has to do the "Madame Curie" gargle, as he calls it, which is the swallowing of the radiation and being locked away for days with no outside contact till the geiger counter reading, allows him to go home.

Well, I have eaten so much, I feel a nap coming on! Catch you all later..M x

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2015
    Options

We just went to NYC for the day. It just wasnt long enough to see half of what we wanted to. My mom sent money with my sister to pay for the trip to DC and NYC and Wicked tickets. She is ridiculously generous, to a fault. I just wish she could come and see me, but she is 84 and had spinal stenosis. So that ship has sailed.

Waving to everyone ...especially dear Bobo...has anyone heard from her???

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

texted her all day about my comedy of errors yesterday. Scans are so much fun. Miss her too on these boards.

NYC sounds fun.

L. Any more conversations about beach?

Don't have pink nail polish. Don't have any! Gasp.

Found a flowered dress in my closet. Have a hat that works but not the pink hat I want. Taking a sweater because it can be breezy. Dress is sleeveless. Need sunscreen as it's going to be 80 and chance of rain. Wearing fairy earrings DP sent.

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Ahhhhh, the fairy earrings! I feel like DP will be with you in spirit.  Flowered dress sounds nice.

M: the carpal tunnel is bad. The nerve pain is waking me up at night. Why only at night and early morning is it bad?  No one can tell me. I wear splints to bed on both wrists. Last night I woke up with nerve pain and had to get up and ice my right wrist.  Damn, this is annoying! I thought wearing the splints would take care of the nighttime problem.   Saw my Rheumy this week. He had carpal tunnel surg and told me not to wait too long about it. He said he woke up one morning and couldn't pick up a pencil or button his shirt. Said surg was easy peasy. If things don't get better, I will have to do it. Worried about symptoms on lefty, the LE side too. Will talk to my LE therapist next week about that. Righty is much much worse, but the symptoms on Lefty came on fast and hard, so I'm concerned.  And what about work? Being on the computer all night?  It is worrisome,,,,

Neighbor is going to help me cut that that last bush this AM and the yard guys are "supposed" to pull the stumps out. Hope so. Really want to get this project moving and some MEN need to get their act in gear and get their part done.

Andrea: glad you had fun in NYC.  One day is definitely not enough. Return trip is needed.

Sorry to hear about Colin 2.  That Madame Curie gargle sounds like crap on a chapstick. Can he Skype to visit with people that way?   Glad you got the big ferns!  You are such a good bidder!!

**waving to all**  Back later

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited April 2015
    Options

Yep Dawny that is him!

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Morning all! I am a stiff, sore old lady this morning! Standing in the wet and cold yesterday for hours, didn't do me any good. I can't help myself, when there is a possible bargain at the end of the wait! I don't do standing in line very well! LOL

Glennie, I completely understand your fear about the LE arm. I have several friends who have had the carpal surgery and they all aced it, said it was easy. Maybe just do the one side for a start. I only did the tendon reassignment, on my right hand for RA, never did the left, even though it definitely needs doing. It made all the difference to me.I hope you can find a way to get some relief from that pain.

Colin 2 is totally, not interested, in any technology, other than his recording studio, which is his job. He isn't on the internet and he doesn't own a cell phone. He won't go anywhere to visit people either, he's a weird character.

I am finding myself waking an hour earlier since daylight savings changed. so I am getting up and out earlier, doubt that will last long, it is getting cold in the mornings, so I will want to stay in the warm bed.Dexter the wonder dog, surprised us yet again. He has always had his dinner at 5.20pm. He will come and sit by me and stare into my eyes at 5.20pm, no matter what. If I am busy doing something, he will wait patiently, just staring. I say "Ok" and he runs to the kitchen where his food is kept. We have never known how he knows that time, and although a couple of years he got it wrong right after the clock changed, this time he nailed it, on the day! We don't know how he does it.

How did the races go, did the Fairy earrings, bring you luck!

Off to the Oppies this morning...chat later..M x

• fiaranch1
    edited April 2015
    Options

M ,

I would be stiff and sore for a bargain as well . So sorry to hear about Colin

Zills cant wait to hear about the races. Hope you got a picture of yourself you can share? Love that you wore the fairy earrings I know DP was with you

Glennie absolutely don't wait too long for the surgery . My brother in law was is awful pain for a long time . He had the surgery and is doing well but the doctor told him it would take longer to recover as he nearly waited too long .

Andrea hope you had a good time........................ HAIR got a ticket for rear ending someone...............and cannot understand why her insurance has to go up again................. FFS life is hard. Put on your "Big Girl Panties" and deal with it ....

More snow here tonight......so jealous of those of you that have warm sunshine and beaches !!!

Off to the grocery store again......................... I am pissy so I will not buy eggs :-)

.MO and BS appointments in the am . I hate going ............ I try really hard not to think about effing cancer everyday .............All the doctor appts just keep reminding me ........ Ok RANT over

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited April 2015
    Options

Glennie, do the non LE arm first? The bandage the first night looks like a PITA, but then it's just a bandaid. Recovery is about a week?

M I don't do cold and dreary weather well either, makes my fibro hurt. Dex is a smarty arfy, takes my 2 about a week to adjust to time change. But no matter, Kris knows when we finish dinner, and I get my keys, it's DOG PARK TIME!!!!

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

In the bag Fia. I'm right there with you. Too many appts. See my mo tomorrow too.

Hardboil them and put back in carton.

Didn't do the fairy earrings after all. Too heavy and wouldn't go in. Need to do some work on them. Will post a selfie.

Lost one race. Had fun but exhausted. Hip really sore after wearing heels. Not as many there (weekday) and hardly any hats. Another luncheon at end of month. More time to work on my outfit.

Yea for bargains. Sorry about Colin 2.

Hi to everyone else. Just busy? Bad weather? Appts?

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Spookiesmom, Colin thinks Dex can tell when it is 5.20pm on the clock in the kitchen, I doubt that's it! Dex has a cute anticipation thing, when he see's me pick up my keys too and disappointment when he can't come with me.

I am with you in the bag Fia!

Bahahaha no eggs, what will Hair do, starve? Poor girl, doesn't understand insurance premiums, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, is she?

On my way out...back later! M x

• Zillsnot4me
    edited April 2015
    Options

• Ariom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Oh Wow, Z, you're so gorgeous! were you always blonde?

• fiaranch1
    edited April 2015
    Options

Forgot to post "Today's Random Thought " in my previous post...............

• glennie19
    edited April 2015
    Options

Z:  you look lovely!!

Fia:  lovely sign of the day,, I do love those dogs.  Poor Hair,, can't understand why her insurance is going up.

Spooks:  I would totally do the non LE arm first,, it is much worse. My Rheumy has told me not to wait too long either. Although I'm thinking of trying acupuncture,,, but want to see how long until I can get an appt with the person I want to see.

Despite advance warning, the yard guys could not get their act together to pull out the stumps.  Was fuming a bit. They just did not want to do the job. Then the guys who are working next door show up. They get the picture right away,, put a chain on the back of their truck and proceed to pull all 4 stumps out.  Now those are men who know how to work.  The area is quite a mess now, and I have a bunch of random roots to deal with, but they are OUT!  I'm quite exhausted from all the yard work I've been doing, and will definitely be resting for a few days. I've just done too much. Tomorrow I have a really early appt with the endocrinologist about the thyroid nodules, which hopefully will be nothing and then must work tomorrow night. The new work computer is supposed to arrive to and I'll have to deal with that.  But after tomorrow, I'll have 6 glorious days off! Bed early 6 nights in a row. YAY!

I'm sure I meant to comment on some other posts,, but I can't remember now. So very tired. Must clean up kitchen, take out the garbage and go to bed. Night all.   See you tomorrow.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited April 2015
    Options

Night Glennie, in the bag for you tomorrow and for Z and for Fia.

Z!! Beautiful picture.. did you lighten your hair? It's so pretty.

No more convos about beach.. I keep forgetting to ask him.

I caught up reading, but too tired to really respond.. work is kicking the shit out of me.

So I'll just leave it at... hi all! :)