Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Helenna
    Helenna Member Posts: 66
    edited August 2014

Hi DP, like others I have not posted here I don't think, mainly hang out with these guys on "new and future flat sister" but have heard so many nice things about you and your posts that wanted to pop in to say Hello and ((hugs)). I've never bitch slapped anyone but am sure willing to give it my all for a sister! 

Who are Reggie and Toby, want to hear about them! I am all about animals, my life is dedicated to advocating for animals through rescue, spay/neuter, etc, so I knew that you having dogs makes you extra special to me. We also do cookie time here at night, mine love the Lick n Crunch vanilla and chocolate cookies from Three Dog Bakery. I tell the gals on the other thread that with three yellow lab (rescue) mixes it keeps me active and insane at the same time….what won't a labrador put in their mouth…..only found three things over the years…..uncooked brussel sprouts, cooked are ok……green olives…..and toads that pee as it must have a putrid taste. Otherwise everything is fair game. lol  

Please know that you are in my thoughts always. xoxo

• Helenna
    Helenna Member Posts: 66
    edited August 2014

Glennie  does Ava sleep on her back like that, as one of mine will be sound asleep with all four legs straight up in the air! How could that be comfortable I always wonder.  Also Ava needs the "treatment" as one of my friends calls it, non animal lovers may not quite get it, but blowing on her belly…my one lab loves it and gets all crazy if we just tell her she is going to get the treatment. Crazy animal lovers are we!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited August 2014

DP, this is Rocco the Wonder Dog in his superhero outfit.  This was his Halloween outfit right after 9/11. People really liked it as we walked him thru Central Park dressed this way.  He was rescued from a fighting ring and had bite scars on his face and his ear flaps cruelly hacked off. But he was a wonderful sweet dog. Children could do anything to him and he would just stand there. A little toddler pulled his lip,, another toddler hit him with a stick,  (yeah, where are the parents?? Both happened in Central Park) and he just stood there, patiently waiting for it to stop.  He was very fond of babies, actually and would get really excited meeting them. He liked kissing them. He was my heart and soul and a HUGE comfort to me while I was going thru my divorce.  I love Ava to death, but I do miss my big boy.  He was really special.

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

Helenna:  yes, Ava will sleep like that. She has many interesting positions!  And she is missing teeth so usually her tongue is sticking out too. I'll have to post some pics of that.

Both of my pit bull mixes have been GOOD eaters. Rocco didn't like shrimp and zucchini.  Ava will eat them and the only thing she spit out is a mushroom.  And icky frogs. But then she is mad that they tasted bad and wants to get them anyway.  She is uber silly.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2014

DP, glad mri is over and you are home, hope you got some sleep. love all your posts!

All this talk and pic of dogs make me lonely for our little cockerspaniel, we had her for 13 years. I cried for weeks after she died, such a part of our family.

Thinking of you DP, all the time.

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

ND:  I know how you feel. When Rocco died, I was so sad and mourned him terribly. It took me a year and a half to get Ava. It's so bloody awful to lose them, but there are so many dogs out there who need homes, I just had to bring home another one.  But I had to mourn and grieve for a long time before I could do it.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2014

We had a rescued shepherd/coyote mix who had grown up around a college anthropology dig. She could tell different junk food by the wrapper sound. We did have to talk her into eating blackberries tho. She would eat cherries and spit out the seeds. Lost her to cancer way too soon.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited August 2014

DP, how was your day? Feeling any relief from the headache and the SE's of the drugs?

Oh Glennie, she is gorgeous! Last pic is her guarding the door I suppose!LOL I love rescue dogs, I have never had a proper single breed dog, always had rescues.

I did hear a horrific story yesterday, from one of the painters who was here. His hairdresser is out of action because her own dog, attacked her in the middle of the night. She has lost a finger and has deep wounds to her legs. I have never heard of such a thing before. Isn't that the scariest thing?

Zills, I hope the fever is going away.

L&L is addictive Zills, they bring out new pieces that you really want to try, but they come in a set so you buy another set, put it in a cupboard and it breeds in the dark! I kid you not, I have twice as much as I remember buying! LOL

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited August 2014

Hi DP!  How do you like this crazy bunch of misfits?  :)

Rocco is sooo cute.  DP, I love hearing about your sweet doggies.  My dog Bobo loves a cookie at night.  He knows it as his Night-night biscuit.  I ask him, Do you want your night-night biscuit and he just turns his head the way dogs do.  Bobo puts himself to bed exactly at 8 p.m.  If you want to break in to our house, do so any time after 8:03 p.m.

How is your head feeling?  You were so brave in the f*ing MRI machine.  I have squeezed the heck out of that ball.  Sending you kisses.  Your chicken and dumplings sound delicious.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited August 2014

loving all the dog stories. I will have to come back and comment tonight while I'm more awake. Lol. Rocco's story made me cry. Bless his heart. 

Back from the RO. I start wbr tomorrow for 14 treatments. They say the only side effect is hair loss but I don't buy it. I'm scared. They are very concerned about how much swelling I have. They made my face mask thingy today. Ugh. I hated even looking at those in the room last time around. 

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited August 2014

We are all with you, DP!  In the bag.  I will bring the beer.  :)

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited August 2014

I know you're scared. We're all in the bag for tomorrow. Yes those head thingies look scary in the beginning. Had one guy decorate his and it's in the lobby. Pretty cool. 

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

M: that is a terrible story about the dog. You have to wonder what set him off. Maybe he thought the hairdresser was a burglar??  Frightening.

Bobo:  will remember,,,, break in after 8PM.. check.

Zills:  how is BG?  Fever gone?  Down?  **hoping so **

In the bag with you DP!!  Bobo is bringing beer,, shall I bring chips? The mask thing sounds scary. Hope it is not. Ava can lay on your feet and keep them warm. She considers that her job.   I will post some more cute pics of her so you can replay them in your mind when you have the face mask on.

((hugs))

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

bunny Ava.    

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

sleeping in my lap.  Her tongue usually sticks out when she sleeps.  

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

car ride!!!  In my little silver zippy car.  

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited August 2014

glennie, your Ava is so stinkin' cute!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

oh my gosh Ava girl is precious. I love the tongue!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

I just love pit bull smiles though. Poor babies have a bad rap due to their terrible owners. Makes me sick thinking about it. Some of the girls from the office came over to visit tonight. I'm pretty tired now. Wondering if drinking is allowed. Probably not. Had pizza and now I'm full and ready for bed. I have to scroll back up to reread about all these puppies. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

Reggie is technically BFs dog but I searched for him and found him several years ago. I was so excited after seeing him on petfinder and so worried someone would snatch him up. I called his foster mom ASAP and told her how much I wanted him in her vm. When she called back she sounded a bit surprised at my trying to rush things. There was an adoption event coming up that weekend that hey would be at. I learned later that he had been in foster with her for two years and that she sometime "forgets" to take him to events any more because it was so sad to cart him back home each time. They say he is pure black lab but he is obviously a pit mix. It's all over his face and in his chest and he weighs 120 lbs. he is the most laid back dog I have ever known but I guess you get used to a lot being a foster for two years. He's not a real lover which I am not used to. So last year I decided that I needed my own dog. I adopted Toby from the shelter. They told me he was 2 years old but I don't believe he was a day over six months. He is all puppy!  He's a very strange boy and he was petrified of strangers for a long time. He didn't want to leave the shelter with me. He has adjusted pretty well now and loves to pester Reggie. I think he has puppy displacia and he constantly lays with all legs splayed in different directions. Loves sleeping on his back but will lay with all legs out on his stomach too, which looks like it should hurt.  He's not a big lover either but he is sweet. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

imagetoby loves the couch

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

since my headaches started, I insist that Reggie being in bed makes me feel better. I've always been a rocker, and he pants so hard that it rocks the bed. Maybe that's it. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

brothers 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2014

My son's black lab is getting old and the whole family is dreading it when she goes. They got her a year before having children so they grew up with her. As DS says, she wouldn't hurt a fly - unless it was on a tennis ball. In that case all bets are off. She's 11 or 12, which is old for a big dog.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited August 2014

Gorgeous pics DP, love the one of them snuggled together, made me go "awww" out loud.

xxx

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

I'm starting to worry about Reggie's age. I think he is 8 now. BF will be devastated. I will be too of course, if I outlive him anyway. Sorry to be a downer. My RO has always been a real barrel of laughs. So today, in front of my grandparents, he lectures me on how serious this all is, no really?  Then goes on to say that prognosis with the brain is not good. And that he cant say of course, but it could be a month or months not years. Yes, I understand. It's serious. I guess it is nice that he broke the news so that I didn't have to tell them myself. My grandfathers brother died a week ago. Good times. I have to get off my ass and get my divorce finalized and make a will. Ughughugh

• AndreaJ50
    edited August 2014

These are Diva and Lucky.  They are inseparable most of the time.  I missed them this summer when we were out in Canada, but luckily had their offspring, Kiah to keep me company.

• AndreaJ50
    edited August 2014

Kiah is a real mix of both her parents. Just realized that my feet are in the pic.. Nice. Lol

• AndreaJ50
    edited August 2014

couldn't resist sharing this pic of my daughter's dog, Daisy. They are moving to a new house and she can't wait to get there. Lol

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited August 2014

Shit DP, I am so sorry your MO was so blunt in front of your Grandparents, that really is the epitome of SHITFUL! as my daughter would say, "He's just a Fucktard!" see we all suffer from gutter gums over here.

I am in the bag whenever you need  me! 

Tomorrow, I will be in the fierce suit, just looking for the black stilettos, I will have Skype turned on just in case!

These pet pics are just fantastic, I love them all! M x