Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited August 2014

that's great ariom!  How exciting. 

Zills, go in between to even it out, but not too solid of a color. Laura Gellar makes pretty dewy powder foundation that evens out time pretty well. I am fair but have to go dark enough to cover sun spots and rosacea. It can be hell but you just need the right products. It cosmetics is another line that has great coverage but isn't too heavy. Their shades tend to be a little yellow though. 

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited August 2014

Hey DP, giving makeup tips to Z courtesy of QVC!  How are you feeling?  How is your headache!  I must say, you are one real-ass bitch and I am thinking of you every minute.  Regarding makeup -- exciting update, M -- I am on a Bobbi Brown kick.  

So we have our new sister Andrea, who is willing to bitch-slap anyone DP thinks needs slapping.  Welcome Andrea!  Watch out... bitch-slapping can be addictive... 

DP, we are all with you in the shitful neuro ICU!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited August 2014

One McDreamy coming up. He looks so young! 

• Zillsnot4me
    edited August 2014

• Zillsnot4me
    edited August 2014

• Zillsnot4me
    edited August 2014

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited August 2014

Nice!!!    McDreamy looks quite young and handsome there.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited August 2014

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

oh the puppies make me smile. And I LOVE pumpkins. :-) thanks bobo and Andrea, watch out. I think a lot of people need bitch slaps right now. You might get worn out. Finally got home. The oral decadron is not as fast acting. Not a fan. Feel like throwing up. Ugh. But at least I have the freedom to pee when and where I want, which is not an option in neuro ICU. I had a toilet in my room like a jail cell. Too much like a jail cell. And strapped in the bed to boot. My 4am mri was an embarrassing nightmare.  They of course wouldn't let me stop at the bathroom on the way there. And then the whole thing went about ten minutes too long. I was so tempted to squeeze the ball but I knew I only had a little while longer to go and I didn't want to mess it up. It had already been over an hour in the dumb machine. About that ball anyway, they never tell you what happens. Is it like an eject button or what??

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

Glad you are home!!  

I never had a ball to squeeze in MRI,,, not sure what it does.

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

they says it's for if you need to stop. I know I say it a lot but you guys are just the most wonderful ladies in the world and I love you all. Sorry I'm a bit emotional. I have to call my soon to be former boss and I've been torn between making myself cry beforehand to get it out of my system or just waiting for the inevitable. I've worked for her for almost 7 years and she has always had this effect on me. I can be totally calm and together and all it takes is hearing her voice or her looking at me to reduce me to a bawling wreck. She knows it too. A work friend has already prepared her that I am likely not coming back to work. She in turn offered her my job, which has been her backup plan all along. Friend turned her down of course. Said she doesn't want the stress. So happy as I am to say I'm never going back, I'm so sad to say that I CANT. oh well. I will get over it I guess. I may be having an allergic reaction to the decadron. Which is odd as much as I have taken it in the last year. I am feverish though and also a little dizzy. Looking forward to bed. Inevitably, I have been thinking of our dear bluebird over the last couple of weeks. Makes me very sad. I have an appt with the RO tomorrow afternoon. Can't remember if I shared yet that my chest ct was also bad. MO says need chemo ASAP but rads first. Oh I think I did say this already because I don't qualify for any of the trials. Please excuse my autocorrect issues. I really don't think it is my brain misfiring....

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

Autocorrect is a pain in the butt.  it does sh*it to me all the time.

Rads, then chemo,,,got it.  The job thing is tough,, you don't really want to go back,,, but then you want to be ABLE to go back (and tell boss to kiss off).  Sucks.   

in the bag for the RO tomorrow,, I got Valium and cookies.

((hugs))

• Zillsnot4me
    edited August 2014

Yea no more job. It will take awhile to adjust but you will and so will the dogs:)

Do you need to eat? Drink more? Just SE from meds, stress, hospital cooties? 

In the bag for tomorrow. Hopefully you can start treatment this week or early next week. Ask if they will check the status on lungs and brain to see if still triple neg for chemo.  

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

I ate grandmas chicken and dumplings and a big glass of sweet tea. Sitting in the quiet now. Feels a bit better. Dizzy when I walk and light headed afterwards. This is clearly why I was not allowed a private toilet for the last two days. I'm off to bed. Gave boss lady an hour to call me. She will have to wait til tomorrow. I'm already so nauseated I probably couldn't handle talking to her anyway. I'm always digging for nausea pills after our chats. It's become a joke at the office. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

now I feel guilty for saying that. She really does MEAN well. 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2014

DP, You didn't say anything bad about her--just your reaction to her. IMHO there's a reason you react like that. What a bitch to offer your friend your job. In the bag for tomorrow.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited August 2014

You don't need to feel guilty, or apologise...you've earned a free pass, lol.

• AndreaJ50
    edited August 2014

You don't need to feel guilty, or apologise...you've earned a free pass, lol.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited August 2014

Hoping the MRI happened and went OK! DP. You may even be home now. I hope you managed to get some rest and haven't been wide awake with the steroids.

Hey Wren, depends on what you want to do with them. Do you want to see them, or cover them? If you want to see them, a light weight tinted moisturizer will give a nice finish. Most foundations these days have enough pigment in them to cover freckles with out you having to opt for a deeper look all over your face. If you have very dry skin, a liquid is usually the way to go, normal skin can go liquid or mineral powder or my current fave is, creme compact foundation, oily wears powder foundation well.

Hey Andrea, we have all learned to Bitch Slap here! We have zero tolerance for any of our girls not being treated well!Winking

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

yes the mri happened and I am home. No results yet but I am Leary. I've had constant back pain since before initial dx. I was resting all my hopes on those clear MRIs I had last year. The spine at that time, of course, was done by the same lab that said my brain was normal. Bah!  I am wide awake with my old friend decadron. I laid down for an hour or so but couldn't stand it. I'm going to take a bath after this. I don't feel nearly steady enough for a shower and there will be no time for a bath tomorrow. Besides. I have to take more pills at 2am so I may as well stay up.   It irritates bf but he is very glad that I am home. He really is very good to me. I couldn't manage to stay on my feet long enough when I headed to bed, to get the dog biscuits and was very upset that it was cookie time and there were no cookies. So he got out of bed and brought me the required number of biscuits for a proper "cookie time" which happens every night when I go to bed, no matter what time it is. They just know when it's time.  If I fall asleep on the couch, Reggie will usually come looking for me,  "helloooo mom, did you forget about cookie time?!"  

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

bedtime cookie time,,, awwww, very sweet. I love how the dogs know it too.  Mom, where's my cookie?

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

glennie, tell me about the precious baby in your avatar. I have an eternal fondness for big boys. 

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

Hi DP, so glad you're home! I hope you can steal a little sleep before your next appointment.

We have "Schmackos" time here, I keep them in a Lock and Lock container and as soon as Dex hears his container opening, at bedtime, he takes off and hits his basket like a Baseball home run.  They are amazing, these little creatures of routine!

• DeliriumPie
    edited August 2014

oh I love how we speak the same product language ariom. I have refrained from getting any lock and locks due to my newfound frugality. But I sooo want them! Isn't it funny how their ears are trained for just the right sounds?  Reggie loves cheese. He can be fast asleep two rooms away and on my heels in an instant if I open the cheese drawer. Mind you, it is the same sound as the veggy drawer. But he KNOWS. he also differentiates all the cabinet squeaks from the cabinet that holds treats and leashes. On the other hand, Toby came to check on me during my bath. As soon as he figured out what was going on, he ducked so low to the floor and high tailed it out if there in an instant!  Reggie has quite a few years experience on him though. Heading off to try sleeping again. To combine two of my new favorite expressions, crap on a Chapstick, this is shitful!

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

Hahaha! I recommend Lock and Lock, I am afraid to open some cupboards for fear of a Lock and Lock avalanche. You're so right! Dex knows which one is his, they are all the same noise, but he knows his! He's rather partial to a slice of Masdaam cheese, which is Colin's fave!

I hope you've been able to sleep, Moira xxx

• AndreaJ50
    edited August 2014

This is a restless house tonight. Between staying up too late watching tv and perusing the internet, my daughter waking up and turning on all the lights on her way to the bathroom at 3:00 am(seriously??) and now my husband doing his imitation of a chainsaw I am tempted to wave my white flag and just get up.

I hope you are at least getting some rest tonight !!

Oh Ariom, btw love the name Moira! That is also my granddaughters name.

• Ariom
    edited August 2014

Andrea, I wouldn't have met more than a half dozen others with the name Moira in my life. My parents went to see the movie "The Red Shoes" with Moira Shearer as the lead, when my Mother  was pregnant with me and that was that, she and my Dad decided right then if I was a girl Moira it would be!

As you can see, not a lot of thought went into my forum name!

I hope you managed to get some more sleep, but I know if I get disturbed, getting back to sleep isn't easy.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited August 2014

Chicken and dumplings sound yummy. Anyone else's cooking is such a treat. 

Thankfully we didn't have those midnight wanderings. Baby had 102.5 and I was sure she would be up in the night. Even imagined an ER run as that's what the boy required last week. 

Had to look up lock and lock and masdaam cheese. I could easily buy too much lock and lock. 

In the bag. 

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

this is Princess Ava.  She's a rescue dog. I found her pic on Petfinder and fell in love with her sweet face.  She literally had 34 mins to live at animal control before a bulldog rescue group pulled her out.  Her body is like an English Bulldog with the head of a pit bull.  She is the sweetest dog.  And she know the rattle of her cookie jar lid and will come running from the farthest place in the house.  

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

thought I had a picture of my last dog on my iPod but I can't find it.  Will post him later.  Ava is ready for her belly rub.