Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Options

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited November 2013
    Options

What about amazon? Have amazon send some to your house. :)

Hope you feel better! Thinking of you. XXX

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm using aloe from Walmart, left over from this summer.

I too have soreness, mainly my underarm and some tightness across my chest. Not as bad as the BMX. My PT exercise is to lay on floor and use a cane, broomstick, etc to stretch your arms overhead and out to each side, similar to the BMX exercises. It seems to help but I'm not as far along as you. And yes I'm having to sleep differently again.

Have a good Monday!

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited November 2013
    Options

oh no bobo! Don't even mention amazon. It would be a great service to me right now if everyone would stop ordering anything from amazon. Lol

I got some at gnc today. It wasn't soothing like the plant was. And my skin on my side was so hot that the coldness of putting it on nearly put me in the floor. I've been holding my arm funny all day to keep it from touching my body and now my shoulder neck and back are killing me. Whiiiine. Thanks for the tips ladies.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited November 2013
    Options

So sorry. How many do you have left DP? Congrats Honeybair on your last one!

• bobogirl
    edited November 2013
    Options

Z, how many do you have left? Idesim and I are trying to count. DP, so sorry about your sore shoulder? Bet a massage doesn't feel good right now...

• Zillsnot4me
    edited November 2013
    Options

Today I am 1/3 finished. 10 down, 20 to go.

• bobogirl
    edited November 2013
    Options

How was it today, Z? 1/3 down!

• Zillsnot4me
    edited November 2013
    Options

I read on here that lindi skin makes an aloe cool roller or pad for rad burns.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2013
    Options

1/3 down zills. Yay! I have 5 left to go. Starting boosts tomorrow. Threw that awful bolus in the biohazard bin today.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2013
    Options

good morning ladies. Winter finally made it to texas yesterday. For a while anyway, it could always be 80 again next week. Yesterday was a terrible day at work. But I stayed on track with rads this week and only have two more to go! The boosts are so fast and easy. It takes longer for them to set me up than the zap itself. My skin is doing a lot better. Most of the heat is gone out of it. I've also peeled away a lot of the gray scaly skin. The new stuff underneath is very red but not too painful. I know I'm not supposed to help the peeling along but there was so much of it. I felt like I needed to get rid of what I could so the silvadine could get to the fresh skin instead of building up in the dead gunk. I hope everyone has has a pleasant week.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited November 2013
    Options

Wooooohooooo

Stay warm!!!!!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hello!  Found this discussion while thinking about cancelling my appt. for an expander. (Hi deliriumpie!) 

I had a failed flap that was removed (no one should go through a mastectomy, let alone three!) and now trying to find some inner peace. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2013
    Options

hi bluebird. That stinks! What type of flap procedure did you have? Is your skin doing any better?

• FierceBluebird
    edited November 2013
    Options

A free flap was done on both sides. It was a 12 hour procedure and I don't want to cut any more parts of my body. PS wants to put in infant on failed side, but I'm having second thoughts.

Skin not much better. Probably not going to finish last three boosts.

• georgie1112
    georgie1112 Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2013
    Options

bluebird,

Inner peace is everything! Take your time deciding what YOU want to do. Don't let anyone push you into something you are not ready for. You have time.

Sorry the flap failed.

hugs,

georgie

• Zillsnot4me
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hey DP! Is tomorrow your last day? Skin holding up ok?

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2013
    Options

hi zills. Yep. Last zap tomorrow at 3:50. Skin is way better than last week. The silvadine did well for me. It's still tight and painful to lay down and move in bed. A few spots that bleed but overall sooo much better. Getting excited. Are you getting ready for thanksgiving? I'm going to grandmas house. My job is fruit salad. Lol

• georgie1112
    georgie1112 Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2013
    Options

Sheila,

Congrats on getting to your last radiation treatment!!! Glad your skin is better. Happy Thanksgiving!

Georgie

• Zillsnot4me
    edited November 2013
    Options

I bet you are excited. I'm happy to be at the halfway mark. Tech says my skin looks good. It's the fatigue but it's my own fault. Feeling pressured to get stuff done for the holidays.

Am going to my sister's. Taking rolls and a jello salad. Usually make pies but trying to give myself a break!

Congratulations!

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm done! Yaaaay! Now 6 more chemo treatments, then I'm done with that nonsense too. But I'm so relieved to not have to go every day anymore.

You deserve a break zills, let someone else do some work and don't feel guilty about it!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited November 2013
    Options

Whoooohooooo

HAPPY DANCE TIME

• FierceBluebird
    edited November 2013
    Options

That's awesome deliriumpie!   Hope you are celebrating!

• Zillsnot4me
    edited December 2013
    Options

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I laid around on Thursday. Felt good on Friday and had rads. Tired again Sat and good yesterday. Have 12 left and my skin is a little pink with a few tiny scabby spots near scar.

• FierceBluebird
    edited December 2013
    Options

I've been laying around for days! This exhaustion is like a wall. But enjoyed a nice long weekend with a wonderful Thanksgiving feast brought to us by a friend. Looking forward to Christmas when hopefully I will have more energy.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2013
    Options

Glad you guys got some rest. I had a nice thanksgiving at grandmas, then I've been working around the clock since Friday. Thanksgiving is the big kick off day of the peak season at kohls, but they decides not to bring us in until Friday this year which was nice. They have continued to order more people by the hundreds throughout the weekend though. We are workig on 200 more to start tomorrow and bad weather is coming for tomorrow and Friday, which is never good in the staffing world. I have chemo today and sadly I have been looking forward to it as being a small break. My skin is looking better. Still some thick peeling over my scar. Still very red, but no more surface pain. Internal soreness and "crunchiness" still there.

Are y'all gearing up for Christmas now?

• Zillsnot4me
    edited December 2013
    Options

Trying to squeeze in appts before ins changes and maybe one or two quick stops before coming home and crashing.

Tree up with lights. Haven't dragged out ornaments yet. Tried candy canes but baby kept eating them, paper and all! Would even get her stool so she could get the high ones.

Need to wrap some and get them in the mail to cousins in Ireland. Afraid to wrap the kids and put them out. No telling who would get into them. My DH is a big kid.

Skin is pink and has little scabby spots like freckles but doesn't bother me. Going to get boosts sometime next week. Only 10 left!

Our crazy weather is fixing to change for the worse too. Glad I have an extra warm hat with ear flaps! Baby home sick with nasty cough.

Don't work too hard. Bluebell hope the fatigue gets better. Are you walking any? That's what my RO said to do. I wonder if chasing kids counts.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2013
    Options

you sound busy zills. Chasing kids probably counts for burning calories but maybe not for fatigue. I think part of it is about clearing your mind, which probably isn't happening when your chasing baby before she swallows the candy package, lol. I don't think I will decorate this year. I can't imagine it right now. If I get to clean the house that will be my decorating. It is a wreck. There are applications and timesheets from one end to the other. Did I mention that our heater has been out since the night before thanksgiving and we have not had a moment to fix it since then? How pathetic is that? Is is supposed to freeze and snow tomorrow. Bf thought it was a good idea to bring in the propane heater from the garage. Really! You know those stories you see on the news about whole families dying from carbon monoxide. He said he figured if the detector went off that he would turn it off. It did warm the house up pretty quick though before I made him turn it off. I picked up the part to fix it on the way to chemo today. Back to work now, break over, had to walk around a minute to stay awake. Of all chemo nights that I don't have insomnia!

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2013
    Options

hi ladies. Just wanted to check in. I've been working non stop still. Two times in the last two weeks I have worked straight on through the night through the next day. It is taking its toll on my body. We for extended through the 23rd at kohls. So I won't get a break until then. I have done almost zero for Christmas. Luckily I dd some online shopping in Black Friday but I'm going to have a lot to accomplish on Christmas Eve. BF got a nice job offer. He is set to start on 1/10. I am dreading sharing that news with my director. She is going to be angry, especially with me. But I'm prepared to walk. 

Zills- did you finish rads? Or very soon?  How are you doing?

Bluebird- have things gotten any better?

• FierceBluebird
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi deliriumpie!  Congrats on BF s job offer. I am feeling much better, but like you haven't done much shopping. Trying to decide on a nice gift I can just buy for everyone.  Maybe champagne! Check, I feel like celebrating, - champagne all around! Lol

Hope you got your heater fixed. Ours has been flaky too. Hoping to keep it going. New installs are $10,000!!

• Zillsnot4me
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi ladies! My philosophy is if we don't have it, we don't need it. Kids are covered. Got them done early. 

DP. Sorry about work. Congrats on BF. New start may be just what you need! 

BB. Champagne must mean you have new pink skin without any pain. Yea! 

I finished rads on Wed. My area itches and my armpit is black and sore but no blisters. Chest has tightened down. Reminds me of BMX but not constant and OTC works. 

Looking forward to the new year. Getting in shape, finishing/starting kids scrapbooks. Cleaning house. Well not looking forward to that but it needs attention. 

Happy shopping! Rest if you can.