Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited November 2014

Saw the note and answered it Bobo.

Nope, can't shop on your shopping channel, I have tried many times. They won't accept Aussie credit card and they don't do PayPal. I think they also have some kind of loyalty in place that they don't sell too other countries who have shopping channels.

You crack me up, it really was lots of fun, when you work for an Airline, stuff like that is so possible and virtually free, you'd be mad not to take advantage of it.lol

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Meant to say, I often watch your shopping channel online to see products that are coming here. I thought I may be able to shop when I got that US address, but no, still can't. Their loss! hahaha

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2014

PRB, My DD had to practice her violin in the basement. It was too cold and rainy to insist on outside. Now DH practices his flute in the basement. My ears hate high notes and I can tell if it's even just a touch off key. Not a blessing particularly.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited November 2014

damn the injustice of m not being able to shop qvc. We will put out wicked minds together and find a way! And yes m is the perfect replacement for Lisa as the beauty guru. That freakoid Rick can sell her sun catchers for her.

I'm so exhausted. Laying on the couch feels deserved for once. Not so great though. Overdid it for sure. Cleaned kitchen, organized and cleaned funky microwave nook, cleaned breakfast room, continued cleaning and organizing my room. Put up Halloween decorations. Then took a shower. POOPED! No I didn't but i wish I could. I mean I AM pooped. Ha.

Have not done a thing with those clothes for eBay. That will be next after cleaning Is done. I started recalling how much darn work it is to list things.

What a tale bobo. Bless your heart for putting up with all that. No response to the house bid yet. Waiting. Wherever they are this thanksgiving it may feel more like MDs house. Mom and stepdad are all bent out of shape over what a debacle this has been, and hurt feelings an whatnot and are now refusing to come to thanksgiving. Seriously? I reminded stepdad that it is also my birthday celebration but I don't think he was going for it.

Has MD lost weight? Clueless has lost 80 lbs. apparently she dons skin tight work out clothes every day at lunch and goes across the street to the football stadium parking lot and walk sprints walk sprints walk sprints.

Will come back later and reread posts. I'm sure I've missed something but I have to close my eyes fr a bit.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

they are making a paddington movie?!? I love paddington bear!!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited November 2014

Wow, DP, you worked really hard today.

And seriously? They are bent out of shape about your grandparents and the house stuff?  They are adults and if they choose to do the house shopping their way, so be it. But to not come to Thanksgiving and your birthday,,,, BOOOOO on that.

Wondering too if MD lost weight. Do we need to cookie bomb Bobo's dad???   It was fun the first time!!

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Just what I was thinking too, Glennie!

DP try to get some sleep...Paddington can wait!

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

1 hour sleep at a time. Grr. I was sure tonight would be different.

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Dammit! That must be exhausting! Have you tried all the usual stuff? Hot milk, herbs, Horlicks, sniff a little sleepytime essential oils?

I am sitting here trying to balance the Pink Ladies books, talk about high finance! LOl I swear this would but you to sleep, it is driving me nuts!

We are having a "Fitting Day" for bras and Breast Forms in late January, where the Amoena rep will come back and we will organise a whole day of ladies having fittings, me included!!!! at the lingerie shop in the next town from us. It should be fun and we will do snacks and tea and coffee, maybe lunch. I found another 6 ladies who were interested, yesterday at the other BC group.

Trying to help you get tired, have I bored you enough yet? Hugs M x

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited November 2014

Well, all you QVC addicts will love this. I told my sister about Lisa leaving when you first mentioned it...and tonight she said "you were right, Lisa's leaving!" I should have said.. you don't mess with DP and Bobo.. they know their QVC stats! Oh.. and I totally agree, let M be the host. I rarely watch it, but isn't Rick that blonde haired guy who looks like Barbie's boyfriend, Ken? Did Lisa say what she is doing after she leaves? Sister wanted to know, but I couldn't find anything online. A few articles did say that LIsa has a few stalkers...maybe she just wants out of the limelight.

Speaking of limelight....I just love following M's sex-capades!! All those exotic locations doing all those exotic unmentionable things ;) Is anyone writing this down? M with Billy-I-did-not-have-sexual relations-with-Monica, M with the 60 minutes crew. M with the lead of Jesus Christ Superstar. M dancing naked during the final song of "Hair". M parachuting out of a plane on a dare ... (Ok.. I made that last one up just to see if you all were following along!) We need Bobo to author the book since she knows all those big words.

Glad you survived the weekend Bobo. That was a great description and I loved the part about the g/f being nice to you. I had a SIL who was my brother's second wife. She tried really hard to please us also. Had the holiday dinners at her house... everything homemade and beautiful. Miss those days. She now runs her own restaurant so we must have been good practice for her!

My daughter has way too many clothes too.. but too many clothes = less urgency of clean laundry, and that's a good thing! Someone pointed out to me that it's all an evil plot. The clothes companies make all these cute kids clothes..and for the most part they are pretty inexpensive. So, we get used to buying tons of clothes for cheap...and then... boom they grow up, and suddenly jeans cost $80 instead of $20...but they still think they need 20 pairs, and now we're toast.

Geesh.. I have been losing a lot of my posts in here lately. A lot of you would mention losing posts and I was like.. huh? But NOW I KNOW... it really does happen..and for no reason. Damn new computer.

Hi DP.. I hope you are sleeping and not reading this or shopping on QVC. I had to ask my sister what TSV was .. of course.. 'todays special value'.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

A fitting day?? M, you have the most fun.  I need to move to Australia.   Bobo will write the story of your life and it will be a best seller. 

I must tune into QVC so I can watch these people and know who you all are talking about. But it's midnight now,, and my work shift is over, and I just want to go to bed.

see you tomorrow.

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

HI PRB, I am snorting hot tea, reading about my escapades! Gosh it's a lot better on paper than it was at the time! lol No, no, no naked dancing at Hair, that was the cast at the end of the first act before interval, you know, with the parachute, I think I was in Hot Pants with long boots, I have pictures of my gf's Birthday, which was he same night! I have to tell you, I did see that nude scene heaps of times, because I got a second job, as an usherette in the theater, after that night. The lead in JC Superstar, was my brother in law! lol Nope, never going to jump out of a plane, not even for a dare! lol M x

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Have a good sleep Glennie!

Isn't that a hoot, having the fitting day, who would have thought I'd get together with a bunch of women to get fitted for fake boobs? I know, I know, I am just the ultimate consumer! M x Sleep well!

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

I know,,, you would have never imagined this 5 years ago.  **shopping for fake boobs**

I put up a pic of the rainbows that the suncatcher made on my walls on the other thread.  A little blurry pic, but you can see them.  I just got up and my vision is a little blurry.  LOL!!

Good morning all,, and good evening M and Dawny!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited November 2014

PRB, your sister would have to wake up pretty early to get one over on me and DP. For one thing, DP only sleeps for one hour at a time, and for another, DP and I knew IMMEDIATELY about Lisa R. It sounds like I watch all the time. I only watch the choice shows. In fact, I first found QVC when I was wrapping presents, with hot flashes. I had ten HF when I was wrapping. I was so miserable. And then there was Isaac Mizrahi, trying to make ladies buy something during Christmas, when no ladies buy for themselves, by screaming TO YOU! FROM YOU! Love Isaac and Shawnie Sue. DP, I do NOT watch Rick. I do not like him. I do NOT watch in the kitchen with David. I do not like the cooking part. His hair scares me. I watch Tuesday night beauty, sometimes Friday night, Isaac, and sometimes Shawn says accessorize! But probably not now, since it will not follow Isaac on Fridays. Oh, and Perricone. Oh, and Mally and Bobbi Brown. They come on infrequently. You guys can shut up! I do not watch much QVC.

PRB, you are spot on. We need to add M's story about 'sampling the local delicacies' while indulging in 'specialty bathroom fittings' to M's list of sex-capades. I can only imagine. We just have the regular bathroom fittings.

DP, that's a shame about your mother and step-father and Thanksgiving. But, you know what? I think it will make a more fun Thanksgiving for you and Bond. I always end up loving when I am excluded by people, we have such a nice time without them.

Birdie, your perfect pitch and extremely sensitivity to the finer points of music make flute practice a torment! Yesterday our princess was playing on a keyboard. Unfortunately she likes to experiment with the noise-producing capacities of the keyboard. I was seriously ready to jump out of my skin. I contemplated taking a chill-pill, but then I did not do it.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

what? M slept with her brother in law?! This will be a juicy book indeed! Lol. And now she is having groups of women come and get naked so she can size up their breasts. Oh my!

I don't watch near as much qvc as I used to because I'm afraid of the temptation. I got hooked because of my insomnia. It was the only thing that could make me sleep. I don't care for rick at all. But David in the kitchen grew on me. I always want to order those damn potstickers but never do. His hair is a frightening mystery. I like Isaac and Mally and Laura Gellar and Lori Goldstein and the lady with the pants. Plus I like the gift shows cuz they always have really neat products. Anyhow

PRB I still do that with clothes. Hate laundry, love to shop. Just buy more. I refolded all of my t shirts and tank tops yesterday. Btw I never wear t shirts. I was shocked at how many I had. I was questioning why the hell I bought them all and when.

Lisa won't say why she's leaving but my personal theory is that she doesn't want to work that crazy schedule any more. Especially with the success of her own line now. She can just come be a guest.

Don't know what to do about family rift. They are just gonna have to get over it but then again, I'm not the one with my feelings hurt so it's easy for me to say. So I can either let it go or pull out the big guns of "I don't know how many holidays I have left". We will see. My uncle is the smart one in this whole mess. He has been completely absent for the entire process.

Bobo you didn't tell is if md has lost weight. Inquiring minds. Or nosy hens, but whatever.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited November 2014

Oh, I forgot. She looks fatter than ever. Did I tell you when she came here that she ate a bag of eggrolls? She looks... circular.

My SIL brought this lobster dip to the party -- a vat of it -- it was gooey melted cheese-whiz-like cheese base -- and MD ate a lot of that, a lot of guac with chips. She ate a submarine sandwich. Meantime, I am the one who only eats certain things!

Waiting for the Sirius XM holiday channel to come on. Right now they have a teaser that plays over and over. I'm going to keep that on for twenty more minutes, incredibly. Because I am excited about the Christmas music. Making two lasagnas, one with zucchini as the noodles. I have the kids for the day.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

OH, I love zucchini noodles!!  Those are so yummy.

So MD is circular,,, good grief!!  How can she eat so much after that surgery?

I love THE BOOK OF M.   heeheeheee,, this will be a best seller. Sizing up breasts on naked women,, yup,,, best seller.

Just did a little gardening. Emphasis on the little.  I do not have any stamina. I hate that. OH well,,, a little here, a little there.  I guess it will eventually get done.

Tomorrow I have the derm appt. for skin check. I get that every year as I had a basal cell carcinoma at 37.  And I have a couple of funny looking ones on my legs again. I always think they are weird, and then she tells me,,, oh, those are just blah blah benign.  OK. I am always wrong on these moles.

DP: I hope they get over the family rift.  You can always use the big guns if you have to.  *last resort?*

• wren44
    edited November 2014

Or maybe just let them have their snit. You and GP's will probably enjoy each other more.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited November 2014

Oh the drama of the holidays. We have our own family rift going on between my 2 sisters. I really don't care except it puts the kabosh on DD getting to hang out with all her cousins. I am not a holiday lover. For me, being alone is so much easier than participating in small chit chat for hours.

Typical M response... "oh it was nothing, really". I think she forgot to mention the part where she was swinging from the chandeliers....and omg.. special bathroom fixtures. Bobo I was cracking up at that..and DP saying M slept with her brother in law and Glennie reminding us that M was sizing up breasts on naked women. She thinks she is fooling us, but we know better! The Book of M.. so much information that it will turn into a series!

I honestly do not watch QVC except when my sister is visiting. Years and years ago (like 20?) I used to watch some guy and girl "in the morning". OK, just looked it up.. it was Pat James and Dan Hughes. Wow.. they are still there.

Don't remember who mentioned potstickers/dumplings...but I absolutely love them from a place here in town. I only like the ones that have a thin dough on them...and I think I could live on them when done correctly. I have an Asian friend who told me she'd teach me how to make them if I'd show her how to make fajitas. Fair trade!

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Potstickers and fajitas,,, both yummy!!   I'm so there.

I don't do holidays with the biological family either. Too much to deal with. I always work Thanksgiving and Christmas (Holiday pay is a good thing) anyway,,, but usually one friend or another will invite me over for lunch, so I get some holiday in there.

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Hi girls, well, well, I see my name has been bandied about overnight, the lurkers here will be thinking I am the thread slut! Bahahaah, love it!

I thank my parents, for never having more kids and for moving us half way round the world from family. Apart from a black sheep of the family cousin, who lives in Aus, that I refuse to have anything to do with, I don't have any family issues, ever. Since all the parents are now deceased, not that mine were ever a problem, but each of my ex's parents are now gone, holiday time here is just wonderful. I did my time of having parents staying for the Holidays, for like 2 weeks and doing the whole Christmas catastrophe of made from scratch stuff, plus my Mother's Birthday and Bec's birthday, it was brutal. Now it is just the 3 of us, Bec, Colin and me, I love it. We still celebrate on Christmas Eve, like we always did as it was a Scottish kind of tradition and my Mother's Birthday, so there wasn't a lot of pressure for Christmas Day. I worked so many Christmas Days too, I think I worked it,10 of the 11 years I was at United, not that it was an issue, I always preferred the girls with young kids had it off. The double time and a half for Christmas Day was nice compensation too!

I don't have too much on today, except having my hair cut, I will check back later.

I am going to take bathroom pictures today and make you look at my specialty fittings....Hahahahaha

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

She's he one who said it was her BIL, im just repeating the gossip. Lol

Well I didn't think there were any more houses in a 100 mile radius (seriously) but they found three more and we looked at them today. Making another bid. Becoming expert at that.

We don't normally have family drama. But my mom does have a temper. And she is stubborn which she gets from grandpa. I'm big on tradition though and like things to be just so. I guess we will see if they even have a house by then. I may be hosting thanksgiving. Omg.

Really tired already. It was cold and windy out. Trying to résumé the beading I was doing this morning but my head wants to lay down instead.

Lol at md being circular. What a description.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited November 2014

Hello ladies! Wow this is better than a soap opera!! Lol. My mom always envied everyone else with their "normal" families. I told her everyone has problems, some are just better at hiding theirs!!!

I would love to spend time with my family this Thanksgiving or Christmas, but we live too far away. A year is much too long to go between visits when my parents are in their mid-eighties and my grand kids are little and growing up too fast?!

We have been invited to a friend's home for Thanksgiving, but my DH is rather antisocial, so not sure if we will go.

I was so excited when I first came to the States and went to Black Friday sales. But now they are starting on Thanksgiving day! Kind of takes the fun out of it. My husband would stay up all night in Walmart to get a tv. He probably saved a lot, but the tv is in our basement and we don't even use it. Lol.

Anyone have any good Black Friday stories to share?

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited November 2014

I saw my Urologist and he said they need to blast my kidney stone. Not a big deal. But I just hope it works on the first try so I don't have to go back for a second or third try (thinking if the $$$). Procedure isn't until early December, because of Thanksgiving. Not a big deal because the pain is tolerable.

Zills, I am sorry you are worried about your upcoming MRI. Totally understandable. But how sweet it will be to hear the results same day. I am in the bag for you!

Bobo, so sorry you are fretting over the new surgery. What will it entail this time. Still more than happy to donate fat if you need it. I know you said that we had to be twins to donate... But a girl can hope, can't she??

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

I have never shopped on Black Friday.  I don't want to be run over by the crowd.  I don't like mob scene shopping even for bargains.

Glad the pain is tolerable Andrea! Sucks to have to wait.

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

What's Black Friday? We call Friday 13th Black Friday.

Glad to hear you can get your kidney stone blasted Andrea. Poor Colin still doesn't look too good and he has 5 weeks till he goes back to get the stent out and have the big stone removed. They told him that some kidney stones can be blasted and others, need to be removed. It doesn't sound like his are the blasting kind.

I liked that description too, DP, "round" rotund?

I hope you get the family stuff sorted out, not something you need to be dealing with.

What kind of beading do you do? I found some lovely beads in a throw out basket, at a Manchester place yesterday. I love to collect all kinds of beautiful beads. M x

• wren44
    edited November 2014

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, which is always on a Thursday. The stores have insane sales and people camp out in the parking lot to be first. I went to the mall once and never again. Awful crowds, no parking. Just exhausting to get to the door of the store.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

The really horrible thing about Black Friday is that these last couple of years, the stores are opening earlier and earlier,, and intruding on Thanksgiving Day!  Really screws up the holiday for people who work in certain retail stores, like my SIL.  They have to wait to plan Thanksgiving based on what time she is required to show up at Kohl's.   SUCKS!!  Retail people should not have to do this. They should get to spend Thanksgiving with their families.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

Colin is still not feeling well??   Oh man,,,  I am bummed.  Poor man.