Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited November 2014

I can see them,, wow,,, I want to live with you.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited November 2014

Come on down Glennie! It's a lovely place, the pictures don't do it justice, we could have some fun!

I am buying lottery tickets, you never know!!!!!!! M x

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited November 2014

M, I can see the photo. It is lovely! What a beautiful sight to see from your bedroom! It is a panoramic photo. Thanks for sharing!

Glennie, thank you for the advice. I am feeling marginally better tonight. My DH picked up some good numbing cream last night. We have a long standing joke between us. Many years ago I had a similar problem and the pharmacist (a man who never had a vaginal) recommended some cream for the discomfort. Well, it did numb the area eventually.... But not before I screamed bloody murder!!! I don't know what was in that cream...felt like acid. Anyhow we always refer to it as "Derma-scream". Lol.

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

This is Tuesday night racing, right out front.

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Sorry Andrea, I thought you'd missed the post about the critters and the pic! Colin recently bought a camera that I am playing around with. It takes fantastic panoramic shots, unlike the camera I used before. I had to stay steady and link 5 shots together with that one. Colin mentioned this morning that I had left out the Stingrays, when I was telling you about the animals. I haven't seen any here, but he assures me they are in the lake.I have a fear of sharks, but there don't seem to be any in here, I hope!

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Spookiesmom, I want to go to Dogtoberfest, sounds like a far better option, than the beer drinking one! I have a friend here who has a lot to do with busting puppy mills, she's fearless and amazing.

When I was with my ex, the radio station used to do Rocktober, I loved that! All kinds of great bands playing, giveaways and events!

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

M:  another lovely picture!!  Win the lottery!!  I'll be there.

Andrea:  "derma-scream" ??   Oh, pooor you!!  That makes me cringe just thinking about it. Glad you are feeling better.  I usually grab one of those creams even with the Diflucan for immediate relief!   Also,, you should take Culturelle while on antibiotics to keep the proper good bacteria in your gut.    Or eat yogurt.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2014

I just bought a car!!! After 3 weeks of riding the bus everywhere. Now I want to go to all the places that didn't have bus service. Like my local superstore.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited November 2014
    Hooray Birdie! What kind? And is it silver? Nothing I love more than a goldie/squeakers update. Hi DP! **waving** How is your vision? I need you to have an NP that will, in fact, get right on it!

Andrea! Do NOT put an ice pack on your Australian fanny! I feel like I have to watch you every minute!! :)

I am just completely wiped after teaching four classes (from 7 a.m.! I still can't believe it). I have the shakes, I'm so tired. Another punishing weekend ahead.

M, those pictures are gorgeous. But I must say I would live with you even if you lived in the tiny house. I'm not in it for the house, I am in it for the fun slumber party! Idesim and I used to fight over who would get to live on the porch.

My brother wants to take W boy to the game. This will make our princess feel terrible and left out. He never takes her. Still, we're going to let him do it (at times we have not) because we need a W boy break so badly. We are going to live it up with our princess and have an all-girl (two mommies plus princess) party, with the game, snacks, pjs, and karaoke and dancing on the bed! ONce we get the party started, she'll forget all about being left out. DLLP and I love to have all-girl time -- we rarely get it.

Ava is just the cutest thing ever. Cleaning person came today -- I love her, she came last year for my mx -- and she left me a note. Could not thoroughly vacuum couch. Vacuumed some of it, but not all, because Bobo got on the couch, and she did not want him to have to move, and he does not like the vacuum near him when he has a cuddle. She vacuumed most of it, and gave him a cookie! He feels all loved up when I get home on these days. She spoils him so much!! Just what he needs. Another person who spoils him! I should add, the house it spotless. It is only a 'spoil bobo' story. XXX
  • bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited November 2014
    I reply to myself. For some reason my paragraph breaks are not showing.
  • spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2014

I go to Dogtoberfest every year. They have a wiener dog contest, agility equipment to play on, doggy costume contests, it's a great afternoon for good causes

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Wren how exciting, and new car, I want to know what color too.

Bobo, the cleaning lady didn't want to disturb the dog!!! I love that! But the house is spotless, so that's one thing you don't have to worry about. The Princess is getting the best end of the deal, partying with you two. Have fun!

I remember you and ldesim fighting over the boat shed to live in. LOL I am in it for the slumber party too, absolutely, but the peace and quiet here is like nothing else. I have always been a city girl, never even knew I wanted to live like this, till we really started to talk about it and go looking. Who knew, I'd fall in love with the place!

Andrea, Derma scream!!!!! That's making my eyes water, just thinking about it!

Glennie, do you only take extra pro biotics, when you have to take antibiotics? You have the Vegan Smart too don't you? and the Green Vibrance? I stopped taking the other pro biotics, when I started on these every day, because they both have uber pro biotics in them. Question, do you think there is enough in these powders, or should I still take more? I've been taking pro biotics for about 18 years, since my stomach was wrecked, from the Rheumatoid meds.

I just went to the "Mens' Shed" and found the perfect piece of glass for the trestles in my little studio. I told the men they could keep the coffee table base, I only wanted the glass top, so 2 of them just delivered it for me and it is just perfect it is the right size and is sandblasted on the underside to make it that lovely sea glass color that I love. That's the finishing touch to the studio! Yay! M x

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

YAY for new car!! I too want to know if it is silver. Maybe red!!  And what kind??

Poor Princess never gets to go to game???  Sucks!!  Sounds like you will have a grand girl game party going on!!  YAY for cleaning person and for spoiling Bobo who is so worthy of spoiling!!

Go Gators!!  Beat SC!!!

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2014

is that where Spirrior went? Then go Gators!!!

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

M: we post at the same time.  I want to see these glass tops!! They sound lovely.

I am taking the Green Vibrance and the Vegan Smart. But I always recommend Culturelle to anyone taking antibiotics. 1 capsule twice a day.  Most people are not taking probiotics, so this is good to take while on them and for a couple days afterwards to make sure the gut is getting good bacteria.

I walked into kitchen to compare the amount of probiotics and there was big wet spot.  Holy crap! She peed in kitchen??? What is going on with Ava dog???

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Glennie, thank you! I will stick with the two powders! I have loaded Colin up with good bacteria, because he had all those bags of lV antibiotics and then another 2 rounds by mouth. He wouldn't have had any good guys left !

I don't know what it is, but occasionally, very occasionally, Dex will pee in the house, for no good reason. He knows he's done wrong, because I only have too look at him when I find it and he's off and hiding. I wouldn't mind if he couldn't get out, but that is not the case.

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

The likely culprit is that we have played with her Cushing's med.  But she could have a UTI.  She has vet appt scheduled for Thurs,, but I may need to call tomorrow.  She was just out 2 hours earlier!!

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2014

is Cushings like diabetes? Is she drinking more than usual I think C is an endocrine disease

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

It is an endocrine disease.  Patient has too much cortisol.  Signs include excessive drinking and peeing. The problem is that if you suppress the cortisol too much, it can put the patient into Addison's disease, where they isn't enough, so it's a balancing act.   So we lowered her dose for 2 weeks and I'm supposed to get it checked on Thurs. So I can't tell if the dose is too low and not controlling her symptoms or if she has a UTI,, or something else going on.   Her urine is clear,, not yellow,, so she is not concentrating it,,, which makes me think it's the Cushings, not UTI,, but she could have both,,, who knows???

• Ariom
    edited November 2014

Glennie, here is the finished, at last, studio! That piece of glass was the last thing I needed to find. Dexter just has to be in the picture. He didn't know I was out there, so he missed being in the first one! LOL

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

OH, it's so pretty!!!  Dex says,, this is MY studio !!

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited November 2014

M, your studio is wonderful! It looks like it belongs in a magazine! I love the color if the glass top!!!!

What I would give for a creative space all my own. I have been painting all the shoes on the dining room table, but I wish I had a better space to work. It is very dark and crowded.

Thanks Bobo....but the ice pack brings much relief! It is not too cold, don't worry.just hoping all will be better when I wake up tomorrow.

Wren, congrats on the new wheels! It is so nice to have your independence!

I hope wveryone has a good night

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited November 2014

Disclaimer:  In case you think someone has hacked my account due to the lack of typos and auto corrects in the following post, it isn't true!  I am viewing bco on my computer (instead of my phone) for the first time in well over a year.  It looks trippy!  Just downed my last dose of Xeloda for this cycle.  whew!  Even though I feel like it is cheating since I really should be taking it for 14 days, not 7.  No way I could pull that off though.  I am so stinkin' tired.  I was really tired when I got up at 7 this morning and I thought just let me get through this dr apt and I am coming home and going to bed.  uh huh.  Major house shopping drama.  In and out of the car all day, which hurts my already aching hips a lot, hot then cold then hot all day, mentally exhausting, just omg kind of day.  Got home a little after 4pm.  Then I have been working on moving stuff since.  Had the inspection on the house that they were going to move in to tomorrow.  I never knew that many things could be wrong with one house.  It was bad bad bad.  Moving everything to storage tomorrow and finding a motel.  boo

Spookie that sounds like super fun to me!  I always want to bring all the dogs home though.

Yes M I can see the pics now, very beautiful.  So are the completed studio pics.  And I love that the first one is a Dex action shot.

How exciting Wren! what is it? what is it??

Poor Ava, she is just all out of sorts.  I want to hug her and squeeze her and play with her lips  :-)

Bobo the girl party sounds way more fun.  Definitely the place to be.  I want to go to the girl party.  Watching a Lisa Robertson Christmas before Friday Night Beauty.  She is my most soothing host.  I am hoping it will help de-stress.  Not a fan of whatever the hell she is wearing tonight though.  Looks like she got dressed in the dark.

Eye is just a little achy tonight.  Along with everything else, lol.  NP actually seemed concerned today.  That kind of freaked me out.  Like oh crap, what I am saying is alarming her.  She got up and went to talk to the RO when I told her about my eye, vision loss, and again about my numb chin, which she brushed off last week.  RO ordered another brain MRI and a CT of the base of my skull.  I guess there is a nerve that runs from the base of your skull to three points on your face (eye, nose, chin), which are three areas that I am constantly complaining about.  Waiting for those to get scheduled.  She had me do another chest xray in response to my SOB and coughing, but again, I guess it was ok because I didn't get a call.  Crap, I just remembered that I didn't pick up contrast drink. 

HI everybody, waving bingo legs (speaking of bingo legs, wore boots for first time this season - they fit my calves so loose, very sad), must go to bed....

Is it my bad memory or have we not seen dawny in a while?

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited November 2014

dogtober and a girlie party. How much fun!

M pix are amazing. Might have snow ones for you Sunday.

Andrea. You have my complete and utter sympathy. Nothing worse. I second glennie's advice. Monistat and probiotics.

Yes Wrenn you can't leave us hanging. Details on the car.

Nd sounds all good for your friend. Yea for her and yea for you supporting her.

Sorry I missed DPs appt today. Boy sick. Called twice this week to pick him up. Just kept him home today. Did homework and cleaned the bathroom. No real symptoms except whiny and tired plus an attitude.

Went to Holly Mkt tonight with gf. Had a poinsettia signature cocktail. Vodka, cranberry juice and sprite. Yum. Heavy appetizers. Humus, beer type cheese, caprese skewers, veggie tray and chocolate cups with mouse. All you want plus lots of shopping. Benefits local jr league charities. Restrained myself. Saw a beautiful hand knit hat, lime green with pink curilicues and pompoms. $40. Having a hard time justifying it. Would have bought it in a heartbeat last year for my bald head.

Gymnastics tomorrow. Christmas pix on Sunday then kids choice. Boy scored in 87 th prcentile in std testing and mastered or progressing on report card.

Plus laundry, make soup or stew before winter storm hits. Already wondering if we'll have school on Monday or have to schlep kids to sisters or gmas for big test on Monday.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

Andrea don't fall asleep with ice on your kuka! 

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

Well I was going to bed, but then everyone is here!

whiny, tired, and an attitude - if you find out what he's got, let me know, because I suffer those symptoms a lot!  Hope he feels better - I bet a snow day would perk him up.  Is BG getting along with Sasafire?  Maybe they had to have that one battle to see who was boss.  The market sounds fun.  We have a lot of those type things around the holidays but I've always been too busy.  You have lots going on.  I don't know how you keep up with it all.  You are a super woman.

That cocktail sounds yum.  I really want a drink.  (and a cigarette).  The first time around, no dr told me not to drink (nor not to smoke).  I read it here that I shouldn't while on chemo.  So I didn't drink and even for the longest time after chemo, I didn't drink.  and I didn't miss it one bit.  However - this time they told me no drinking with brain mets, and all I want to do is drink.  Like a lot... like every day

ok, bedtime for real.  good night!

• glennie19
    edited November 2014

We have not seen Dawny in a while.  Wonder what is up??

At least NP paid attention to you today, DP.  Geeeez,, took long enough.  The house was THAT bad??? OMG,,, now what are they going to do?

Holly Mkt sounds nice, Z.  Hope the Christmas pics come out well.  Hope kids cooperate!!  Is Sasafire in the pic too??

40 more mins of work,,, I'm ready for bed.  Will be 40 degrees here tonight, which is cold for us.  The Christmas cactus has buds on it.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited November 2014

Those pictures are gorgeous M. You live in paradise! Looks so beautiful and WARM. OMG it is so cold here. Glennie talking about cold in Florida...bite your tongue woman. Windchill is currently 23 degrees here. Feels like January.

Oh a party with dancing on the bed? That sounds way more fun than going to the game. I agree about the exhaustion. I have been so tired this week... falling asleep at 8 pm..then waking up and not sleeping. I'm blaming this stupid weather.

I was scheduled to look at a condo today... got there and the tenant (not the owner) had the screen door locked...so she was obviously inside and not answering the door! Crazy. So the realtor gets a hold of someone who called the tenant and the tenant says "this is not a good day". Nice.. maybe she could of told us that before we got there? It's rescheduled for tomorrow...but I am leery that this tenant will not let us in again since she had already rescheduled once. I suspect they don't want to leave. The nice thing was that one of the neighbors came out and I ended up talking to her about the place. She's lived there for 25 years..so she obviously likes it there. She said that both her and the lady on the other side of this unit are retired...so I'd have instant friends :) I dunno.. I have lived in my house for 23 years and moving into a condo seems like a step backwards, but the location is great, it's actually bigger than my house, and it's in dd's school district (she'd be able to ride the bus). It's tempting..very tempting.

Thinking about you Z and your upcoming test. I think we have all lost our cognitive skills and maybe it's just a SE of all the stress this shit puts on us. I forget stuff all the time and I'm not kidding. I was afraid I'd forget to go to the condo showing today.

Glad to see O2 stopping in to say hi. ND - you are a great friend. So often I feel alone on this journey...I'd love to have a friend like you who cares. DP...that feeling of "oh damn they seem concerned" is the oxymoron of all this, isn't it? That's why I choose to not go to the doctor for most of my aches and pains... Oh yes, I'm worried, but if my doctor agrees with me and orders a test ...then I start to panic! If they do nothing..then I think... yeah, like they give a shit about me.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2014

M, You're going to need a lot of room because we're all coming to visit. That is just gorgeous.

My car is a 2003 Ford Focus with very low mileage. It was owned by a little old lady (4 years older than me) who kept it in a garage and took amazing care of it. The upholstery looks brand new. It's a pale green, which would not be my choice, but it's a grayish green rather than yellow green which I can't stand. (I took a decorating class once and realized that I don't like green. It needs to stay outside on plants where it belongs.) It has automatic windows, doors, and an air conditioner. My previous car was a 98 Ford Escort with no air conditioning, manual roll up windows, and only a radio. I didn't have to worry about thieves because the only thing worth taking was my grocery bags. So I'm excited. It's not newer, but it's nicer than DH's.

Poor Goldie is sick. Squeakers had it first and seems ok now, but she's in the throes of misery with sneezing and a stopped up nose. I wonder if I brought this home from the shelter since I work with the sick cats there.

PRB, I know what you mean about doctors. My ankle tendonitis is getting the works for attention and I can't get anyone to even look at my back. I have my yearly with my PCP in Dec. and I'm working on my veiled threats. I googled Arimidex and tendonitis and found an article by NIH saying that it correlates. So I'll be discussing that with my onc in January. It suddenly dawned on my that I had had tendonitis somewhere ever since starting the AI.

DP, My DS looked at a house like that. The inspector said "do not walk, run from this house". It was only a few years old but the stuff he found wrong was incredible. I hope they find something for your aches and pains soon. It sucks that you don't feel well most of the time.

• DeliriumPie
    edited November 2014

well I was so tired that I slept for two hours instead of one!

Exactly PRB. I think in general there is just no making me happy.

Car sounds great wren. I also ended up with a color I hate on my latest car because it was such a steal otherwise. I always have a little twinge when a gray or black one passes me on the highway... It's funny to hear about cars without air conditioners. Can't do that here. I remember visiting someone in Pennsylvania when I was a teen and being flabbergasted because the lady had a handyman coming that day to install her window unit for the season. I had no idea they were removable like that. Ha.

Reserved a storage unit and have truck for tomorrow. Extended stay hotel in the future. Nothing else to be done at this point. Wait I know! I will send them to live with m!