Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• chanah
    chanah Member Posts: 90
    edited September 2013

That pic brings smiles!

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2013

I got news from the goats!  Richard said he spotted Deuce on Saturday and that he looked fine but ran off into the brush.  Hey, at least that means he's hanging around his herd mates! Richard also sent me a pic of the other 4 but I've never attached a pic so I hope it works.

Well I can't figure it out. Suffice it to say they are adorable and are integrating with Richard's goats very well.

I'm so happy.  I'm going to sleep well tonight.

Goodnight sweet ladies (and men),

Teri

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited September 2013

Hi Terri! Oh that is such good news on the ever errant Deuce and really nice to know that the others have integrated well with the new herd.

If you would like I can post your pic for you, just let me know and I'll give you my email address so you can send it to me.

I've had a couple of very late nights working on what will hopefully be my top for my wedding outfit.........it's going to be close as to wether it is finished or not........thank goodness I have a back up..........lol. The day is now only ten days away and on countdown!.......oh my! I still have a list as long as your arm to get done before then.

Hope you rested well and are feeling the benefit from it!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2013

Goats and weddings, yay! I hope we're able to see photos of both. So happy to hear that reclusive Deuce is nearby. He really is my new hero... an independent spirit doing what's right for himself. He will come round when he's ready.

Sweet dreams, Teri...

Rose.

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2013

Teri- good news about the goats!  Thinking of you.

Chrissy - only ten more days!  I'll bet you're excited! (not to mention the bride and groom - lol!).  Enjoy!

hugs, Amy

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited September 2013

Teri, great news about Deuce and all the rest of the herd.  I hope you had a wonderful nights sleep.

Chrissy, love your pic of your DD, thanks for posting and please post more from the wedding.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,560
    edited September 2013

Beautiful dress!! Looks like you had SOOOOO much fun... Thank you for sharing!

• Angelfalls
    Angelfalls Member Posts: 83
    edited September 2013

Only on this forum could a thread about hospice turn into a daily saga starring a naughty American goat, interspersed with Australian wedding preparations! You women rock!!!

• aic
    aic Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2013

Thinking of you often...hugs. and ditto what angelfalls said...was thinking the same thing :)

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited September 2013

Good morning Teri, and I hope you slept well. So nice to hear your wayward goat has been sighted. Hoping you are comfortable. I also echo angelfalls' sentiments! This group of women definitely rocks!!!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited September 2013

"Sighting of Wayward Goat Brings Sense of Calm to Owner." - What a great headline to wake up to. So glad that you were able to feel a bit more relaxed and hopefully get a good night sleep Teri.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited September 2013

Thanks for checking in Terri - good to hear that Deuce is hanging out (kind of) with his herd mates - hope you slept well and that things are more peaceful for you now.  Hugs, S.

• chanah
    chanah Member Posts: 90
    edited September 2013

Glad Deuce is seeing his buddies.  {{{hugs}}}

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited September 2013

Glad to hear good news about Deuce - and good news about your sense of calm.

Leah

• AnacortesGirl
    AnacortesGirl Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2013

That is good news Teri! That goat is a keeper - good, strong instincts.

We have started our own trapping effort here at home. A young raccoon has decided the houses on the edge of his forest are easier pickings than finding food in the forest. So this guy has been using our cat door to come in and clean out the cat food. He also hauls the plastic cat food container toward the cat door in an effort to try and take it home with him.

So far he has totally ignored the cat but we have been closing the cat door whenever we can and I'm concerned that he will see that the cat always gets let in and he doesn't. Then he will take out his frustration on the cat when he is hungry and angry.

So we bought a trap.

(Sidebar: Take the trap up to the counter to pay for it. Lady at the checkstand asks "What are you going to trap?". Cats. "Oh. Is it a feral cat?" Yes. "I hope he doesn't get hurt." We love cats. I want to get him neutered. "Maybe you should call one of those organizations." I think we can handle this OK.

She wouldn't give up!!! The issue is that you are not suppose to trap wild animals let alone move them to a new area. But I feel this is much more humane than our neighbor across the street who has a gun and has been seen outside with his gun looking for the coon.)

It is set up on our deck so we can actually see it from our living room recliners. This raccoon is so comfortable around people he tried to come in the other evening while we were in our recliners and had left the sliding glass door open to cool off the house. So far the only thing we have seen in the trap was our own cat who managed to eat some of the food and then back out without stepping on the trip pan. Oh boy.

If we manage to catch this coon than we have to make a night time drive and free him someplace where there are fewer houses. But we do have a very popular state park about 10 miles from here that might be a good home. Since he is friendly with humans it would give a lot of the "city folk" a chance to have a look at wildlife. But I don't know if he will continue to maintain his people-tolerant attitude as he gets older so I think the wilder the spot, the better.

• Capriness
    edited September 2013

I think I figured out how to attach a picture.  I had to upload it to PhotoBucket, get the Direct HTML tag, then attach it here.  So here goes...

It worked but it's huge! Scroll right to see Domino and Jet. Here are most of my babies!

• AnacortesGirl
    AnacortesGirl Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2013

Beautiful goats!

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Teri your babies are beautiful! It is obvious that they are very well looked after.......very loved!

• sunny210
    sunny210 Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2013

Great news about that Loose Deuce Teri. I'm sure you feel relieved. The picture is great. How are you feeling?

I love your pictures too, Chrissie.

We are in the process of moving from Boulder to the western slope and getting ready to rent out our house there. We were there last week for the terrible flood. We have some minor damage, but so many people lost everything.

I hope the sun is shining in Oregon today and that you are feeling pretty well.

Your oxygen buddy,

Sandy

• meima-Bev
    meima-Bev Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2013

Great pic Teri!!  Thanks for posting it!!      Bev

• Capriness
    edited September 2013

Sunny, I meant to ask if you got caught in the flood.  I'm glad that you're okay.  So much devastation!

Teri

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2013

Teri,

It was fun to see the picture of your goats - thanks for sharing it!  Maybe sometime soon, you'll be able to share one of good old Deuce, back with the herd!

I hope your days are peaceful and calm.

Hugs, Amy

• sunny210
    sunny210 Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2013

Thanks for thinking of me Teri.

Are you having some nice fall weather there? Reading some good books? Having some good moments? I hope so.

Sandy

• Latte
    Latte Member Posts: 141
    edited September 2013

Teri, glad to hear you and deuce are both doing ok, and thanks for sharing the photo. I wish you many more peaceful days.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited September 2013

Teri - thanks for posting the picture of your "babies" - I think I have fallen in love with Martha especially!  Hope you're having beautiful fall weather like we are here in Ontario.

Hugs, S.

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited September 2013

Teri, thanks so much for sharing your goats with us. They are adorable!

Thinking of you all tonight, may you all find moments of peace and joy today.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited September 2013

Cute goats!

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Morning Teri! I was a baaaaad girl yesterday as I was up really late so saw the pic of your babies not long after you posted........did I say they a lovely?

Spring has returned and the sun is shinning its just a shame that my day will be spent at the sewing machine........sigh!.........never mind, there is tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be even better!

Hope you have a restful night!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2013

Loved the photo, Teri! Martha is very photogenic. They are happy goats, you raised 'em right! But Deuce is a rebel for sure, the "black goat." I do have a soft spot for him.

Sending love!

Rose.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,560
    edited September 2013

agree, love the "baby" photo! 

Also, sunny, think about you and your fellow Boulder folks!!!