Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited September 2013

Teri,

It looks like the book idea has fired everyone's imagination!

Hope today is a good day.

Nicky

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited September 2013

Teri, stopping in this morning to let you know I am thinking of you and hoping you are having many good moments each day. And I hope your fear is less each day as you are adjusting to this new path, and that hospice is treating you well.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited September 2013

Afternoon Teri!  Well the wedding is done and dusted and I'm still recovering......lol.  Once all my visitors leave on Wednesday I think I will sleep for a week.  The day went off without any problems and the reception after was fabulous!  When I'd finished setting up at the venue it didn't look like the same place and DD was very happy! The couple of pics are of the room once it was set up and as the daylight faded, we turned on a multitude of fairy lights so the lighting was muted but not dark and it looked like a sky of stars above us.  Her cake was amazing and absolutely delicious!  She had three layers, cherryripe mud cake, white chocolate and banana and white chocolate mud.

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Sorry the pics are so big but my editing program has ceased to work.

Teri hope you day is restful and am so pleased for you that hospice has got things moving in the right direction for you.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited September 2013

Chrissy what a lovely looking wedding.  Congratulations to the bride, groom and your entire family!

Teri, I'm glad hospice is treating you well.  All  best wishes to you.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited September 2013

Chrissy - beautiful pics. The hall is gorgeous and the cake looks way to good to eat. Glad to hear that all went well.

Teri - hoping today brings you joy and peace and comfort.

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2013

Hear, Hear, Exbrnxgrl! Thanks for the reminder. I was looking for the giant pen to come down from the sky...

Must be close to nap time?

• Inky
    Inky Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2013

Teri, I just want to send you my best wishes and hopes that your days are filled with joy and comfortable rest but that you still manage to find time to pick up your pen and write/draw that goat book! I love this thread, love your humor, love your art, love your goats, and especially love your spirit.

Btw, I have to admit that I must be a real city girl, because when I finally saw the picture of your goats, my first thought was, "That Pepper is one ballsy goat!"

• Capriness
    edited September 2013

Inky, I hope you realize Pepper is a girl.  Those are her bags after having Jet and Martha.  Martha has huge bags too but had never been bred so I'm not sure what her excuse is.

Teri    lol

• Inky
    Inky Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2013

I told you I was a city girl, lol!

Thx for letting me know!

• RangerMom
    RangerMom Member Posts: 205
    edited September 2013

Beautiful pics Crissy of an exquisite wedding, how did you dress turn out. Do you have a pic to share?

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited October 2013

Exbrnxgrl, I sort of wondered where that came from too. Only 27 posts so may be a troll?

Susan, I could never forget Billy Goats Gruff!! That was a staple of my childhood for sure! And to think your moms good friend illustrated it.

Teri, what beautiful art work you have created. So talented. I would love to see old Deuce get into print and illustrated by you too! I know nothing about getting books published except that a very good friend recently had her book published by Amazon. There was a price she had to pay but they also gave a lot of guidance and suggestions as well as the publishing. I don't think the cost was too exorbitant but I really do not recall the amount. If you have questions you would like me to ask her, please just PM me. I think Deuce deserves to be Immortalized in print!!

• Linda-n3
    edited October 2013

Teri, you have given this wonderful group of ladies a great place to live in love, to share love and laughs, and even share creative ideas! Thank you so much! It is said that in the end, all that really matters is the lives you have touched, and you have not only touched many lives, you have allowed us all an opportunity to touch each others lives as well.

Chrissy, beautiful! Would love to see your dress. (If you don't post at least the dress, I will spread tumors that you actually didn't finish it and went in your undergarments after all! (LOL)!

Billy Goats Gruff was one of my favorite kindergarten stories because we got to act it out with some very large blocks to make a bridge.

Cyber hugs to each of you today, and hopes you each have moments of beauty and peace.

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited October 2013

Teri, Thinking of you!  I am learning so much from this thread.  I hope you are able to write a book if that's what you would like to do.  I love your art work, obviously illustrations of Deuce would be great.  I'm in awe of artistic minds, mine does not seem to work that way, but I do appreciate those who create wonderful artwork.

Chrissy, thanks for sharing those beautiful pics.  I'm so happy you were able to enjoy that special day.

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Oh Linda!  please don't spread those stories.......lol......I'll post a pic if that's all it takes to make you stop!........lol.   Yes, I did finish the outfit and according to all those who commented in a good way it actually looked all right.......lol.

Hopefully this will stop all rumours......hahahaha!

Teri, how you doing today? Do you have a wonderful view of the Autumn color?  I'm hoping you have the pleasure of watching those beautiful leaves change.  I'm sure that vision would inspire your imagination to run riot.

Have a good day!

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited October 2013

You are all a wonderful bunch of ladies! Teri, I hope your days are peaceful and that there is a little something to make you smile each day!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited October 2013

Chrissy - well done on the dress - beautiful work. You look just as radiant as the bride. Did you do all of the crocheting or knitting? I'm afraid that I would be attending in my undergarments if I were to tackle such a project.

Our boards are full of talent aren't they? 

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Barsco, I made the top and skirt and crocheted the overtop.  The skirt is a twelve gore almost full circle made of satin chiffon and chiffon so was very soft and flowing.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited October 2013

It all looks absolutely lovely, Chrissy. I can't sew, knit or crochet. You have my admiration!

Caryn

• chanah
    chanah Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2013

Chrissy, Hall & cake look gret and wonderful job on the dress - glad all went well.

Teri, I am hoping today brings you joy and peace and comfort.  I love your goat updates.

• RangerMom
    RangerMom Member Posts: 205
    edited October 2013

Very, Very lovely Chrissy. It was worth all those late nights!

• Capriness
    edited October 2013

I took up crocheting and all I got was carpal tunnel!  Darn!  Even if you may have the talent, it's getting it out there that's the problem.  Good job Chrissy!

Teri

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2013

Chrissy - The cake and the hall are exquisite!  I'll bet with the fairy lights, the hall was just magical!  Your dress was beautiful - what a lot of work that must have been - I'm impressed!  You and your DD were both stunning!  I'm glad her day went so well and was so special.

Teri - thinking of you.  I hope your day is going well.  I hope you're able to enjoy the fall colors and that you're enjoying this thread - so many of us enjoy hearing from you and hanging out with you and each other here.  Sending peaceful thoughts and light and love.

Hugs and Prayers, Amy

• SPAMgirl
    SPAMgirl Member Posts: 137
    edited October 2013

How much time does hospice stay there?

I'm hope you are feeling peaceful and pain free.

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2013

Teri, thinking of you. 

Donna

• Linda-n3
    edited October 2013

Checking boards tonight, found that Chrissy actually DID have a dress (and what a BEAUTIFUL dress!!!!!), so I won't be spreading any nasty rumors for now. Rats ... NOW what am I going to do with my time???? Find somewhere else to cause trouble, I guess ...

Teri, sending loving thoughts and wishes for a restful night.

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited October 2013

Teri, thinking of you though not posting regularly here. The Deuce saga & all about you is so ... I can't find the word I am looking for now?!

Anyway, I hope hospice is quality time for you & family. Your smile rocks the boards.. So that's my absolute image of you, the big smile through it all..

Such a different person from the other end of the boards is interested, why you may wonder?

Know the joke if all Chinese people held hands and jumped up at the same time, the world would lose balance?? Well I totally believe it. Not a joke for me actually.

I know deep in my heart that all sisters on these boards holding hands virtually as we do will crush the c-bugger enemy's aim of killing the smile on our faces. Well if not for it we will die anyway, sometime, that doesn't scare me off.

But my smile dying.. I dread that for sure. So one day at a time, still. Not too happy for good news, not too sad for bad ones, as things change so suddenly here. A moderate but consistent smile.. That's it!

Hugs

Ebru

• Linda-n3
    edited October 2013

Ebru, I love your thought about dreading losing the smile. I have lost it many times in this 3-year journey, and have only recently found it popping back onto my face and into my heart (well, I think I always had my "game face" smile out in public, but not at home). I do think Teri's smile has a lot to do with me finding mine again! And you are right - we will all die of SOMETHING, so there is really no use wasting time fretting about it!

Hugs and smiles.

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited October 2013

Teri,

Thanks for sharing your creative side with us--in so many ways! You are a woman with many talents, and you are so kind to allow us a glimpse of your life. I am glad to hear that your life with hospice is settling down and that you are getting the care you need; that initial transition can be so challenging. And I hope you found Ebru's comments about all of us holding hands virtually to be as inspiring as I did.

I've enjoyed catching up here and reading all the wise, funny, and helpful comments from so many. And Chrissy, a special thanks to you for sharing your preparations for your daughter's wedding and your lovely photos! I was glad to see evidence of a rumor dispelled....

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Morning Teri!  How are you doing today?........hope you are feeling rested.

Thanks girls for your lovely comments re my DD's wedding and my outfit......it was indeed a very special day.  I have been focused for so long on getting things done for the wedding I am now at a loss for something to do......lol......not to worry, I'm sure I will find something to keep my hands out of mischief!