Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• SPAMgirl
    SPAMgirl Member Posts: 137
    edited September 2013

Congrats!

• nbare1952
    nbare1952 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2013

I am thinking of you always Teri. It is funny how Duece was finally chased done by a Chihuahua. I hope you find peace knowing Duece is safe and sound. Prayers and peace my sister.

Nancy

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited September 2013

So glad to hear Deuce has been safely captured, sorry it took so long, but NICE WORK by you and the chihuahua! Glad to hear your mom is better, but geez, what a crazy week this has been. You now have earned a good rest!! Hugs to you and a pat for the dog, and special hugs to your beloved goats. I know they make great pets!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited September 2013

Oh that's perfect! That little itty bitty dog deserves a medal for thinking he is a big herding dog........lol........the story created a fabulous mind picture that I'm still chuckling over. Phew!! At least now you don't have to worry about that Deuce and you can finally relax and rest.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Chickadee
    Chickadee Member Posts: 469
    edited September 2013

Now that's just hilarious. That video would go viral for sure!

Glad you have that worry off your mind.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2013

Yay! So glad that Deuce is safe. Still, I do like his spirit. But a chihuahua??? Aw, Deuce!

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited September 2013

Teri, thinking of you & glad one more item is off your plate. I actually was following Deuce's adventures with much interest, but we have to focus on you & be with you and that crazy cite goat was surely an attention stealer. He lost all his coolness by being chased by that small dog, what an end to his story. Now he is safe & sound, one less worry for you. That's good!!!

Hugs & more hugs dear..

Ebru

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited September 2013

Okay, it's an animated Disney movie, no question. "Deuce and Tag," based on the true story of an unlikely friendship between an errant goat and law-enforcing chihuahua, coming soon to a theater near you!

Glad this worked out for you, Teri.

Tina

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2013

Teri, 

So glad you have resolution to your wandering goat adventures.  I know it's been frustrating to have this one important detail in your life not taken care of.  But how it was resolved is material for stand up comedy.... "a goat and a chihuahua walk into a bar(n)..." 

Hoping that you can finally enjoy some R&R, and be the center of attention!  Sending prayers and good wishes your way!

• Padiddle
    Padiddle Member Posts: 139
    edited September 2013

To the ole saying "Now that got my goat!"  Glad you have got that problem solved.  Peace to you.  Jean

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited September 2013

Teri - thanks so much for the update, we were all worrying about Deuce - imagine being taken down by a chihuahua???!  Hope you're having a peaceful day.  Hugs...

• kayrnic
    kayrnic Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2013

One less thing to worry about! So glad Deuce has been returned to captivity! How are you feeling? Comfortable I hope! Always thinking of you!

• Annie62
    Annie62 Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2013

Teri,

I hope this comes out right. I wanted to let you know that your story of the Great Goat Caper: Captured by a Chihuaha made me laugh. Despite everything you are going through you made me smile from all the way across the country. Thank you.

Hugs to you, Annie

• AnacortesGirl
    AnacortesGirl Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2013

No, no, that just isn't right. A chihuahua? Aw Deuce, what were you thinking?? I hope Domino didn't see it -- if he did then the rest of the herd will know in no time. Your goat reputation will be in shreds!

Kind of reminds me of when I lived in South Dakota and my sister shipped her horse out to my in-laws ranch. She couldn't afford good pasture in western Washington and did not want her horse walking on mud and getting moldy hay so she paid for the shipping. It was April so calving was still going on and there were a couple of newborn calves in the corral when she was taken off the truck. She was so scared of those itty bitty calves! Hadn't seen them before and didn't know what type of wild animal she was being exposed to! She felt much better once she was in a corral by herself.

By the next spring she had become more of a ranch horse and had a wonderful time moving cows. She found out how fun it was to outsmart the ones trying to break away from the herd. I let her go on autopilot -- just point her to the cow and she did the rest!

So glad this part of your life is now under control. No more worrying about the little bugger. I hope the rest of your life follows suit and gives you time to relax and get the rest that you need.

Take care of yourself! Or better yet, let hospice take care of you!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited September 2013

So now when my DD tells me how cute chihuahuas are I can tell her they're also useful! Well, maybe not. She really wants a dog and figures she'll get me to agree if she talks about small dogs.

Teri, I hope you're having a good day and your pain is controlled again. I also hope your mother knows what caused the allergic reaction so she can deal with it. I've had those, and they're scary.

Leah

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2013

Hi Terry

Just wanted to say hi . I have been reading your thread for awhile and was so pleased to see you have caught poor old Deuce. Well done the little dog.

Hugs from Mara

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited September 2013

I am not a big fan of chihuahuas, but I guess there is place and reason for every creature on earth huh? Glad that Deuce's whereabouts will no longer be a concern for you. You can now really concentrate on your well being.

• SPAMgirl
    SPAMgirl Member Posts: 137
    edited September 2013

How are your Hospice nurses?

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2013

Duece is gone again.  When my friend got him back to his place, Deuce paired up with his cousin, Jet, and over the fence they went and off into the wilderness.  This morning, Jet came back but Deuce didn't.  Now I'm really worried so if you could all send out some good vibes or prayers or whatever you can, I'd sure appreciate it.

Teri  Cry

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited September 2013

Awwwwww...Teri! If this weren't so stressful for you, I would have to say this goat deserves to have a book and movie series. Please know that you will have a lot of wonderful women sending hope that your mischievous goat will find his way back to his new home.

And in the meantime, I am sending hope for you that you will find more peace of mind, comfort, and moments of pleasure and satisfaction each and every day.   

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited September 2013

Oh Deuce how could you???  Teri - do you think he's on his way back to you? or hanging around his new home waiting for Jet to come out and play?  Hope you're getting some rest - sending hugs, S.

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

That naughty Deuce!!!  doubly so because he is worrying you when you should be relaxing!!  I sure do hope he decides to go back with Jet but if not, don't worry too much as goats are survivors where ever they are........you never know, he may have chosen to be a feral goat instead of a penned one.

Do try not to stress too much over him.........I'm sure that one way or another he will be just fine.

Take care.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited September 2013

The saga of Deuce will be legendary, but I'm sorry that it's causing you stress. Chihuahua to the rescue again?

Caryn

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited September 2013

Am I going to be the clod who points out that "Duece" rhymes with "loose?"

Guess so. ;-)

Then there's "caboose." Maybe he's just intent on bringing up the rear.

Sending lariat-like vibes his way.

Tina

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited September 2013

Tina, also obtuse!

Dawn xx

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2013

Terri

Sorry about Deuce's escape will keep hoping for his safe capture.

Mara

• Annie62
    Annie62 Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2013

Oh boy. I'm sure Deuce will stay near his herd and come in soon.

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited September 2013

Who would have thought a thread with a title like this, would end up being part goat catching saga! Humor even here... well lets hope the loose Deuce brings up the caboose and rejoins the herd! Hoping for a cature soon and peace for you.Smile

• Padiddle
    Padiddle Member Posts: 139
    edited September 2013

Oh no Terri.....the story goes on.  Please know I really do hope Deuce is okay and will be in a safe place again.    Jean

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Morning Teri.......or should I say evening.......lol......how is the saga of the goat today? He is one very determined goat and just doesn't want to be be where he doesn't want to be.

Hope your day was a comfortable one and your evening one of rest.

Love n hugs. Chrissy