Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited September 2013

Teri, what lovely goats! Hope your days are peaceful and pain-free, and that you see your sweet Deuce coming for a visit.

Leah

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited September 2013

Awwww...Teri, what a cute photo of your goat friends. I hope we will get to see a photo of Deuce back with the herd soon, or maybe he knows there's a long running story about his escapades and he wants to continue being a star!

I also hope it helps to know there are many people checking in to see how you are doing, too! May each of your days be filled with more than adequate comfort, great support, and the kind of surprises that make you smile and laugh.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited September 2013

Morning Teri! How has your day been? I do hope you have managed to be comfortable and the hours have ticked by easily.

Stayed up late last night.......again!........but my skirt is almost complete........yay! Just the hem to do. Looks like I will have something other than my underwear to wear to the wedding...........and that's really a good thing!

Hope you have a comfortable night and get some great sleep. See you tomorrow!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2013

Great picture! I'm glad Deuce is not straying too far and you can now sleep well. Can't wait to see a picture of him.

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2013

wow!! The recalcitrant goat has been captured! I am so glad. I 'm sure you were becoming exhausted chasing after that bad boy. I hope that you can now rest yourself and not have to worry about chasing down animals.

You are in my thoughts , Terri. Wishing you some peace and love through this time. Hope the Hospice care is all you need it to be. We are here with you.

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2013

Teri,

I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and hope you're having restful, peaceful days.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs, Amy

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited September 2013

Stopping by to say hello Teri, hope you are finding a few moments of beauty and peace each day. Gentle cyber hugs.

• SPAMgirl
    SPAMgirl Member Posts: 137
    edited September 2013

Please check in and let us know how you are doing.  I hope everything is going well and hospice is treating you well.

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Morning Terri! Sorry I haven't popped in for a couple of days but as you can imagine things are getting a little hectic in my house..........the wedding is on Saturday and I'm still working on my outfit! It will be another very late night tonight as today is all the time I can spend on it.

How are you doing? Resting and comfortable I hope.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2013

Thinking of you, Teri, and wondering how you are? I hope you are able to relax now. I think the hospice people should give you a foot rub:) That was my favorite part of my last hospital visit... they had a "foot lady!"

Rest well...

xo

Rose.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited September 2013

Thinking of you, Teri.

Leah

• Angelfalls
    Angelfalls Member Posts: 83
    edited September 2013

Thinking of you and wishing you a very good day today, Teri.

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited September 2013

Hello Teri,  I hope you are resting comfortably and enjoying time with family and friends. 

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited September 2013

Good morning Teri - A foot rub would definitely be my idea of relaxation, or a gentle massage, or pampering of any sort for that matter. I hope you are enjoying your days, getting the rest you need.

((hugs)) and smiles

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited September 2013

Just popping in to say hi Terri - hope you're having a relaxing day (so far) - I vote for the foot massage too.  Sending hugs, S.

• Janlee5802
    Janlee5802 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2013

Hi Teri,

I hope that you are having a good day.  I'm sending you warm hugs with lots of love. 

Janet

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Morning Terri!!! I have been a slacker and not popped in for a couple of days, I hope you will forgive me.

Well I finally got my outfit for the wedding, which is tomorrow, finished........yay!!!! Now I won't need to turn up in my underwear.........lol. There for a while there was every chance that that is exactly what was going to happen.

DD's and future SIL arrive today along with a host of other guests. Luckily my litte town has many cottages that are rented for holiday makers and weekend travellers so accommodation has not been a problem.

Oh what a day tomorrow will be and I'll certainly post a few pics for you to peruse.

How are you feeling? I sure do hope you are being kept comfortable and are resting well.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• cmhartley
    cmhartley Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2013

Teri, love your goats!  I hope you are doing well.  I haven't posted much but I have been thinking of you and praying for you all the time!  Keep us posted on how you are doing.  We are here for you!

Hugs to you,

Katie

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2013

Thinking of you Teri.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited September 2013

Hi Teri - the sun sure goes down early these days. We are experiencing some great warm temps here these days though. I hope that you too are enjoying sunshine and warm air. Definitely good for the soul.

Chrissy - it is good to hear that you will not have to attend the wedding in your undergarments. I hope you will post a pic of you dressed in your handiwork.

• DC197
    DC197 Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2013

Teri,

You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.  I hope you're comfortable and the hospice staff are treating you well.

Diane

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2013

DEUCE ALERT: Richard spied him in the neighbor's junk yard and thinks Deuce is working on getting himself a pickup running.  Then he'll really cause trouble! Oh well.  At least he's safe, alive, and, I hope, happy!

Hospice is settling down now that all the introductions are done.It was a rough couple of weeks.  But I'm not afraid of hospice anymore. I sleep an awful lot though.  They said that's normal and as I progress I'll be sleeping even more.

Chrissy, I can't believe the wedding is upon you already.  Congratulations on being ready for it. I don't know that I could do it.

I want to thank all of you who send me encouraging messages.  It lifts my soul. I love you all and just know that when I cross  over, there will be one more guardian angel watching over you and your loved ones.

Teri

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited September 2013

Teri, what a lovely thing to say. Thank you.

As for Mr. Deuce attempting to start a broken-down pickup, he's reminding me of a mischievious goat in an old storybook that was my father's when he was a little boy. I would read "Billy Whiskers, the Autobiography of a Goat" when I visited my grandmother. I loved Billy's funny adventures and would read the book over and over again.

Sweet dreams tonight. Wonder where the next Deuce-sighting will be? And what will he be up to?

Tina

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited September 2013

Good to hear from you, Teri. Glad things have settled down and you are able to sleep. Your rebel goat's saga continues but at least he's safe.

Caryn

• AnacortesGirl
    AnacortesGirl Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2013

It is good to hear that hospice is working for you. And you know that we need as many angels as we can get. Someday we will meet on the other side.

I'm thinking that Deuce is needing fiber in his diet so he's going for the cushions and rugs from the pickup.

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2013

Hi Teri,

It's so good to hear from you.  I'm glad that Hospice is settling in and that it helps to have us here.  We are there with you in spirit, with a warm blanket, a hand to hold and a hug.  I'm glad Deuce is still around and about too!  He is definitely a free spirit!  I hope you are having peaceful days.  Sending love and light and gentle thoughts.

Hugs and Prayers,  Amy

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2013

Teri,

I've taken to channeling my inner Deuce when I'm feeling trapped. Independence, and the courage to go his own way!

What a sweet message you've given us. You have many friends here, although you may not know us in person, we hold you very close in our hearts. I'm glad you don't feel afraid of hospice anymore, and I hope they are kind and helpful. Sending you love...

Rose.

• Australia
    Australia Member Posts: 128
    edited September 2013

Teri, I have enjoyed your goat stories very much even though it has caused you so much worry. I think it would make a wonderful illustrated book! I hope you are kept very comfortable and have many happy moments to share with loved ones. Good luck fir tomorrow Chris, I think you are amazing all the work you have done for the wedding and will enjoy seeing the photos. Love Gail xxxx

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited September 2013

Teri,

Im fascinated by your goat escapades! Living in a town as I do, there's not much animal antics going on

I'm thinking of you, wishing you comfort. Thank you for the beautiful things you said.

Nicky

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2013

Hi Terry

Just to say thank you for your lovely goat story. You don't know me but I have been keeping up with Deuce's adventures .

Mara