Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2013

Hi Terry

Glad you are little . more settled. You don't know me but I have been keeping up with your lovely goat story. I liked the pictures such pretty goats.

Mara x

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited September 2013

Teri, I'm glad things are working out for you with hospice, and that you're comfortable with your situation.

I have a picture of Deuce in my mind, driving a beat-up pickup down the road. Maybe going to rescue his herdmates?

Leah

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited September 2013

Hi Teri,  Thinking of you.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited September 2013

Good to hear from you Teri. I had to chuckle thinking about Deuce truckin on down the road in a beat up old pickup truck. Look how proud he is!

It is good to hear that you are settling in with hospice and that you are getting the rest you need. We are with you each and every day sending you love and prayers for peace and comfort.

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited September 2013

Martha and Jet made me laugh! My boys love goats and would love to have a few. Instead, we have a herd of dogs (3 labs and a Jack Russell) that take over the couch every night!

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited September 2013

Teri - so good to hear from you - it was a lovely message.  As for Deuce, he certainly has captured our imaginations - good that he's staying close to his herd - maybe one day soon he'll allow himself to be with them. 

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited September 2013

Peace and comfort.  Thank you for thinking of all of us at this time.

I love the goat stories and pics.

Be well

Nel

• bhd1
    bhd1 Member Posts: 173
    edited September 2013

Teri we would be honored to have you looking down over us untilwe join you someday. I wish you comfort and peace

• Annie62
    Annie62 Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2013

Teri - I'm glad that things have calmed down for you and you are getting your rest. Thanks for posting the pic of your babies. Adorable. I love goats. 

Hugs, Annie

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2013

Australia, the idea of an illustrated book just really piques my curiosity.  Have you ever produced one?  I know there are so many resources on line to do it.  I wonder if I should try it. I've always wanted to write (wrote a novel once that's in a box somewhere) and I am an artist (www.TickleCreekStudio.weebly.com) so I should be able to it.

Has anyone else ever done one?

• DC197
    DC197 Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2013

Teri,

How nice of you to think of us all, and also to give us smiles when we hear about Deuce!  Remember that you are not alone - we're all with you in spirit.  I'm hoping for more pleasant days for you with family and friends.

(((hugs))) and prayers,

~Diane

• SPAMgirl
    SPAMgirl Member Posts: 137
    edited September 2013

Those paintings are beautiful! Jill has published a book, maybe she can walk you though the process. I would love to buy a book about Deuce.

Is your Mom still in town?

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2013

Hi there Teri. Thanks for keeping us posted about how it's going with Hospice. I think many of us will be on Hospice too eventually so it's really helpful to hear about your experience. I hope it will be a really comforting one for you, and their being around will help you immeasurably. I think of you every day. Sleep all you need or want to. Hope you have very pleasant dreams. We are here for you.

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited September 2013

Teri, I am so glad to hear you are doing OK with hospice, and that you are thinking of writing a book about Deuce. My sister and I had talked about writing a book about my dad and some of his adventures. He was in hospice for the last 2 days of his life, and we were entertaining him with our remembrances of some of his stories, and we all had some good laughs. We have not yet written it, but it is written on our hearts.

As for Deuce, well! I keep thinking of the Far Side cartoons, and can imagine Deuce being pulled over by the cops, asking for his driver's license .... and wondering what excuse he would come up with for not having it!

Chrissy, hope you have a blast with the wedding, and I, too, am happy that you are not going in just your undergarments!!!

And finally, Teri, you are a beautiful person, and I am filled with gratitude that you will watch over us, and I pray that you feel watched over by others who have walked this path before you. May you find comfort and peace in each day. And at least a laugh or two over that goat of yours!

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited September 2013

Teri, I love your artwork! Thank you for sharing...

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited September 2013

Teri

Thanks for showing us your art, they are amazing, you are one gifted lady! Would love to read a book about the adventures of Deuce! Hope you are comfortable

Dawn xx

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2013

Barsco, that pic is wonderful!  Made my day! Thanks!

Teri

• Australia
    Australia Member Posts: 128
    edited September 2013

Barsco, that pic was so funny, loved it. I had goats and they are the most amazing and loveable characters. Teri, well now I know where your wonderful descriptive words come from, you are an artists all ways! Love your paintings and I can't help you regarding the specifics if doing a book but I think it would be a fabulous project for you to do. It could be a children's book also. I think you are on to something here as you can see how entertaining the story has been for all of us here. It could be a pictorial or if you are capable of painting or drawing goats I can see the possibilities are endless. You have spurred my creative juices lol! Hope you are having a pleasant day. It is the Australian Football League Grand Final day here in Australia which is huge and people usually get together and watch it live on TV. My brother in law is 70 tomorrow and we are having a big party and I agreed to do a salad. Well I wanted it to be amazing so just about to go shopping to buy heaps of ingredients to make a fresh thai salad. It will cost a fortune lol! Love being with my family so it will be a wonderful day with all my loved ones. Love Gail

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited September 2013

Barsco,

Love the goat in the truck!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend, whether relaxing or doing fun stuff.

Caryn

• RangerMom
    RangerMom Member Posts: 205
    edited September 2013

Terri, I have been following your posts and story of Deuce. I was just about to settle in for the night and a thought popped in my head that I wanted to share with you for a book. Something along the lines of "the Little Goat Who Couldn't Say Good-bye" and it would be a children's hospice book to help a young child who had lost a parent.  Years ago I was involved with hospice as a berveament volunteer to families after the death. Possibly one of your hospice nurses or hospice social worker might have suggestions.  I might be a little crazy but I pay attention to my intuition. I think you are definitely on to something here with your beautiful artwork and God-given talent.  Anyway, call me nuts, but know that my loving thoughts are with you as you go through this new journey. And I thank you for sharing it with us.

Linda

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited September 2013

Teri,

Love the idea of a book, it sounds like the perfect project! And rangermoms suggestion really got me thinking....

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend

Nicky

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited September 2013

Teri - your artwork is absolutely stunning. What a talent you have! My favorites are the waterfalls, just love the natural beauty.

The book is a great idea - I bet Deuce never thought he would be the topic of such great conversation and enjoyment when he decided to go his own way.

• Latte
    Latte Member Posts: 141
    edited September 2013

Teri, glad you checked in and told us how you are doing and updated us on the goat-scapades. What you said about being our guardian angel was lovely, thank you.

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2013

Thinking of you today and always

Donna

• AnacortesGirl
    AnacortesGirl Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2013

Hi Teri!

Beautiful artwork! Thank you for sharing!

The book idea is great. A whimsical goat going on some escapades? And tie in a positive story to help kids understand or get them talking. Sounds like a good formula for a kid's book. I would love to see you do it!

Hope the nasty weather isn't doing damage in your neck of the northwest. I definitely transitioned in my mind from summer to fall this week!

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited September 2013

My mother's college roommate was the illustrator for the book "Three Billy Goats Gruff." I grew up hearing this story, night after night. Years later, my father tried to talk my mother into having goats to "mow" their meadow. My mother won that discussion. Odd how a specific animal can weave its way through a life story.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Three-Billy-Goats-Gruff/dp/059001613X

*susan*

• kaycancer
    kaycancer Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2013

Trust GOD

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2013

Teri,

I think the book is a great idea!  Your artwork is wonderful, by the way.  You certainly have the talent to illustrate it and a great story to work with!

I hope you are feeling alright and having restful, peaceful days.

Sending lots of love and light and prayers,

Amy

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited October 2013

Hooray for children's books! I say give it a go.

"8 hours ago kaycancer wrote:

Trust GOD"

Yes, that works for some but let's be cognizant of the fact that this is a secular forum and though many of us beleive in G-d, we are of many faiths or none at all.

• iwillwinthisbattle
    iwillwinthisbattle Member Posts: 42
    edited September 2013

Thinking about you and hoping that you are resting well.....