Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2013

Deuce has hijacked your thread, Teri!!! He's definitely an outlaw goat, that's for sure. I know you're worried about him, but I get the feeling that he's enjoying his free spirited life. He'll probably come round again soon for some food!

I do hope you're feeling okay, and aren't losing too much sleep over Deuce-goat. He's become kind of a mascot for everyone... living wild, and roaming free!

Sending love,

Rose.

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2013

I'm still worried about Deuce

What if I'd named him Bruce?

Would he still be so obtuse?

And increase my alcohol abuse?

I've been close enough to goose

his furry little caboose

But to his neck to toss a noose

Well you know he's still on the loose

So I tried to have a truce

but he thinks he's the God Zeus

I can find no more excuse

He will always be a recluse.

(Feel free to add on, if you can...)

Teri

• Chickadee
    Chickadee Member Posts: 469
    edited September 2013

Good thing he ain't a pet moose.

• DC197
    DC197 Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2013

It may be just a ruse,

so call on Dr. Seuss

(feel free to edit)

• aaoaao
    aaoaao Member Posts: 245
    edited September 2013

That poem was perfect for Duece.  I use to have goats when I was a teenager.  They usually come back to ther herd from time to time.  Right now there is plent of food for Duece to eat.  However, when winter comes and food becomes more scarce he will probably return for good.  Goats love to eat and will stay where the food is available. Hopefully, Duece will be caught before winter or won't wander off too far.  It is hard to wait for their return.  My male goat was hilarious.  He would get out of the pen area and stand on the stairs by my backdoor waiting for ME to come out.  If my brother happened to leave the house first before I got out, the goat would ram him up against the house.  I told him it was pay back for the times when the goat was young and my brother would push him where the horns were growing because it would make him push back.  He taught him to use his horns to push so that's what he did.  I really loved that goat so much. 

• JillThut
    JillThut Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2013

Oh, Teri....I am impressed!

And to all you who added on. :)

Hope you are well.

Jill

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited September 2013

Have been away for a few days, what an epic story!!!! Tragedy, drama, humor, poetry, love, jealousy.... it's all there!!!! Hoping you are doing OK, that you are comfortable, that hopsice arrangements are acceptable, that your mom and you are getting along. I am sending lots and lots of positive vibes for that wandering Deuce, but I somehow just don't have much optimism right now .... but I do think he will return in a while as the summer wanes. Much lovingkindness to you.

• GrammyR
    GrammyR Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013

Teri - Maybe Deuce found a new girl friend. Goats are ver resilient and eat such a large variety of foods ,I guess he just likes his freedom naughty boy.

I gave my old cat Layla a big hug today as she is my best friend and moved w/me a year ago from Fl. I had her micro-chipped and collared but I hear we have Coyotes here so my beady eyes keep tabs on her at all times. Having our pets close to us gives us a very calming influence as its been proven so many times.

Hugs Teri
  • chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited September 2013

Teri, love the poem and only wish that I were such a poet that I could add to it. Hoping your day is restful and hospice is keeping you comfortable.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2013

Hi Teri--

I'm guessing that word got out to the other goats about Deuce being corralled by a very small dog.  In his embarrassment, he has sought friendlier spaces, but is still reluctant to return home to you, as it was the scene of his mortifying capture.  Hopefully better sense will prevail and he'll make an appearance soon.  In the mean time, you relax and enjoy your day.  Your poetry writing skills are impressive, considering all of your stress recently!  Sending hugs your way!

• Chickadee
    Chickadee Member Posts: 469
    edited September 2013

I think I know how to get Deuce back!

http://www.doritosgoat.com/

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Morning Teri! Yeah, I know, I'm either too early or too late but for me it's morning.........lol.......like 4.00am to be precise. I've got the can't sleeps........don't you just hate them? but I'll have to go try again soon as I have to travel to the city today and I don't want to be driving while totally tired..........not good for me or other road users.

Hoping your day was a good one and you are comfortable for the evening.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Capriness
    edited September 2013

Chickadee! That was priceless!  I loved it!  I'm going to take my granola and carrot slices out there (his favorite snacks) and "fish" for my goat!

Thanks!

• sunny210
    sunny210 Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2013

Maybe he wants a glass of juice. Hope you are feeling pretty well Teri.

Sandy

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited September 2013

Terri - I love checking this thread to read the latest capers of Deuce the Goat (and now poems about goats too!!)  If you like Taylor Swift, check out this YouTube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfPndEB2ec0  A little annoying, but funny.  :-)

Hope you are feeling well, thanks for keeping us updated.  

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited September 2013

Hi Terri,   Just stopping by to say hello.  These stories of Deuce and the poems that have emerged are priceless.  Good for you, that you have maintained a sense of humor in the midst of chaos.   Thinking of you and Deuce.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited September 2013

Just wanted to stop by and wish you good luck with your "fishing" expedition Teri. Who would have thought that a goat could provide so much entertainment? Wishing you a great day!

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Hi Teri, I'm a bit late popping in tonight as I've travelled down to the city so I could attend my DDs Hens Afternoon tea tomorrow. Her Wedding is now officially two weeks away!

Have you had any luck 'fishing' for that Deuce? For one little goat he has sure managed to keep a whole lot of people entertained.........lol.

Hoping you have a good day.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited September 2013

Teri, stopping by with the rest of the ladies here to wish you a good fishing trip! Hoping you are comfortable and having moments of peace.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2013

It's all about Deuce!!! Teri, you've shown quite a lot of patience, and good humor despite all this stress. You're an amazing lady! I hope you're feeling strong, and that you're being spoiled by hospice.

xo

Rose

• superfoob
    superfoob Member Posts: 121
    edited September 2013

I am SO enjoying the Epic of Deuce!

I hope you re doing well and that the Adventures of Deuce do not being you too much added stress.

Smiles!

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Morning to you Teri!

It's just gone midnight here and I've just arrived home from the city. The Hens Afternoontea went off beautifully! The bride to be was well dressed in her toilet paper gown and she looked a treat! There was so much laughter that my face and sides are sore..........from now on the pace quickens slightly every day.

Hoping you are comfortable and the saga of the goat is not giving you too much angst.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• meima-Bev
    meima-Bev Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2013

Teri, you have captured the hearts of so many of us eager to hear the antics of Deuce!!  Sending you love and strength as you continue to catch up with this gypsy goat!  Wishing you comfort and peace.      Bev

• Capriness
    edited September 2013

Sorry to report no news from the Deuce front. I wish he was back here at home where I could worry about him properly.  Because technically, since my friend, Richard, picked him up and had "custody" of him when he ran this last time, he's Rich's goat.  I certainly hope Richard is worrying properly.  Maybe I'll email him and see what's up since I haven't heard anything.

I have a feeling Deuce is probably stopping by at night to be with his herd mates and then slinking off into the woods during the daylight hours.  That would be just like him, wouldn't it? The sneaky littly "bastage!"

Teri :)

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited September 2013

Capri,

As someone who has never liked being herded, I am developing a crush on Deuce. He is a goat after my heart, if my heart were open to goats! I won't bore you with my goat stories. It is enough for you to know that I _have_ goat stories. How about you? How are you doing? Is your Mom behaving? Are you hospice folks doing right by you?

*susan*

• AnacortesGirl
    AnacortesGirl Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2013

I loved that Dorito eating goat video!

I'm more familiar with beef cow psychology. My friends had the goats so my experience was vicarious -- learned through their stories and goats make good story fodder!

So applying my cow learnings to this goat I would have to say that Deuce has very strong instincts and his dependence on humans is merely for mutual satisfaction. Right now he has a stronger need to check out whether the grass (and blackberries) really are greener on the other side of the fence. With his stronger than average instincts, he will do fine. But when things get tougher he will be happy to return to the herd not only because he misses his herd mates but he has always had good experiences with humans. (OK -- except for this move thing -- but the memory will fade and he'll think back to all the goodies that he has gotten from humans and that will bring him home.

The cows that had that strong instinct always made the best mothers. No problems calving and would take on the world to protect their calf. Might have been a lot of problems when it was time to run them through a chute for vaccinations or getting them into a corral, but worth it for their mothering abilities and they were always the first to notice something approaching the herd.

How has hospice been treating you? Are your needs getting met?

Sending you a hug!

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Afternoon Terri! I'm such a bad girl.......lol......I have not long woken up! I was so exhausted after my two days in the city that I have just slept for 16 hours! Talk about Rip Van Winkle! This old body sure must have needed it......lol.

How you doing today? Hope you are also getting plenty of rest and things are going smoothly with your mom and hospice.

Sending love n hugs. Chrissy

• chrissyb
    edited September 2013

Back again.....lol.  I have finally uploaded my pics from the Hens Afternoon Tea and wanted to share with you the pic of my DD bride to be in all her toilet and butcher paper finery including toilet paper rose bouquet!  Oh the girl in the background is my other DD.

Hope you get a good gigle out of it!

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited September 2013

Chrissy - looks like everyone was having a grand time! Your DD can really pull off the toilet/butcher paper outfit. lol

Teri - hoping for you a pain free day filled with smiles, laughs, and love.  

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited September 2013

What a great bunch Chrissy! Lots of laughs! Xoxoxo. Jo