Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited October 2013

Just wanted to join in on the hand holding here. Thinking about you, Teri, and hoping today brings you something to smile about. Much love!

• sunny210
    sunny210 Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri

I'm thinking of you today and joining in the long chain of hand holders.

Sandy

• chanah
    chanah Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2013

{{{{hugs}}}}

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2013

You people fill my heart!  I can't imagine how I would feel if I hadn't found you all.  Or actually, just the fact that we all have found one another. You guys ROCK!!!

Now, on a not so serious note, does anyone know if you can get your hair colored in a salon if you're on supplemental oxygen? (I'm planning on trying to sneak up on Deuce and maybe he won't recognize me with different colored hair! Cool Yes, yes, I'm losing my mind.) But really, the question of hair coloring is serious because I heard it is made from petroleum products and you can't even use Vaseline(R) if you're on oxygen.

Thanks for any help.

Teri  

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited October 2013

Hi, Teri, I just dropped in to see how you're doing. I don't know anything about oxygen and hair dyes, though there are henna-based dyes so you can find out about that. Dye your hair if it makes you feel good, but as for that naughty Deuce, well, I'm not sure if goats see color.

Heck, just drain the gas from his pickup if you want to catch him. Has he taken up cigar smoking yet?

Leah

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited October 2013

Teri - can you call your drs. office and ask them about the hair dye problem - I am thinking you should be o.k. with the henna but the others have "fumes" and that makes me think it could be a problem.

Sorry but Deuce will know you no matter what colour your hair as he loves his momma and he'd know you anywhere - the vision of him smoking a cigar and driving a pick up is hilarious!

Sending more hugs - let us know how the hair works out.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited October 2013

Morning Teri!  I'm sitting here giggling as my imagination conjures up a picture of Deuce, cigar hanging from the corner of his mouth, one front leg resting on the frame of the open window and the other draped over the steering wheel like a real cool dude checking out this gorgeous woman walking toward him with a new hair do and thinking 'she looks familiar but the hair is throwing me'..........lol.   Oh what wonderful things our imaginations are!

And so the story of Deuce, his pickup truck and the woman who persues him continues.........

Have a wonderful day!

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• DC197
    DC197 Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri,

I'm always glad to see your posts and hope that things are going well for you.  I LOVE your humor ... dyeing your hair to sneak up on Duece, indeed!  I don't have any advice on the hair dyeing, though.  (((hugs)))

Chrissy, It was great to see some wedding pictures and your daughter is just beautiful ... very much like her momma!  Your dress was lovely ... you're certainly talented.  My grandmother was a tailoress, but I can barely sew a button on straight!

~Diane

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited October 2013

Always a smile on my face when I enter this thread. You are right Teri - We DO rock (you included)! Sorry I can't help you on the hair dye thing.

Hoping that Deuce realizes soon that it will be warmer with the herd and come trotting (or driving) back to be with them.

Hope today is pain free and full of peace for you.

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2013

Chrissy - I loved your description of Deuce - what an image!!  And with a thought bubble no less!  Hilarious!

Teri - We are all so lucky to have found each other - I can feel that beautiful smile of yours in your words - it does my heart good too.  : )  Sending a hug and a prayer your way.

And to all you wonderful women - Rock On!!

Lots of love and light and peace,  Amy

• wirdgirl118
    wirdgirl118 Member Posts: 139
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri, I am sending you a big hug and to tell you I love you. What an adventure your life has been because you are who you are, a lady who is thinking about hair coloring while on oxygen!! You rock!! A friend I knew for many years passed away about six months ago, and it was like I read once, about the body is merely a container holding our essence, our energy....and when Cecilia passed, she started making all kinds of good things happen in the lives of her friends and family. We miss her so much, but truly she is still living and loving and here with us. She has no limitations now and we can tell she is making the most of it :-) Rock on, Teri! All will be well.

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Morning Teri! Did you check with your doc about having your hair colored while on oxygen?  Sure hope you got the go ahead as a new do make you feel like a new you........lol........speaking from experience here as I had mine done the week before the wedding.

I wonder if there is such a thing as a lung cleanout without doing anything nasty?  I seem to have picked up a lung infection from somewhere and I'd like to put it down again........guess I'll just need to get some anti biotics......hate those things but they do seem to work on getting rid of bugs that come to visit.......lol.

Hoping your day is one of rest and peace, laugher and good thoughts.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited October 2013

Just a quick note: Teri, I doubt your doc will even know the answer to your question about the hair dye specifically. There are some ammonia-free dyes that last for 28 washings that I have used and there are no fumes. As far as going to the salon, that is different as there are tons of chemicals floating in the air there, but it seems that I remember seeing a woman on oxygen in one once ... but maybe not. I actually get my hair done by a woman who would come to my home if I needed, but I go to HER home, which is smoke-free and not lots of chemicals like there are in salons where there are several stylists working at once. If the person who does your hair can come to your home, that would be ideal. Your hospice folks can also help arrange for this. What color are you going for? My younger sister got some blue hair chalk last month ... she is over 50 and ought to know better, but it made her look fun!

Best wishes to all for a peaceful night and tomorrow.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited October 2013

Terri - what about phoning the company that supplies your oxygen - wouldn't they have the answer?  And yes, there are many hair colourings that wash out after a while and they don't have fumes. 

Have a good sleep - good night!

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Mornin' Teri! and what a beautiful morning it is here! still a little breezy but the sun it out and the temps are climbing........what I call the perfect spring day.

Any news on the loose Deuce? He is such a bad boy but we all need a bad boy or two in our lives, it helps to keep life interesting.........lol.

Hoping your day was comfortable.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2013

Checking on you Teri. So did you get hair colored?

Donna

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2013

No hair coloring yet. I'll get there though, if it's possible.

Hope everyone is having a slow and settled Sunday. It's so beautiful outside I almost went out there!

Maybe tomorrow when it's drier. There is still a lot of dew. (Oh, so much to dew and so much do, Oh so much to dew and so much do!!!)

Teri (The one who grows crazier by the day without her goat-boy, Deuce.)

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri, Glad to hear it s a beautiful weekend there. It has been very rainy here all weekend. Good weekend to lay low and that's what I have done. Hope you can get your hair colored. Mine came back in gray and baby fine after chemo, not a fan! Hoping you are able to color it, if that's what you want.

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri,

Glad to hear the weather is lovely, and I hope it stays that way for quite a while! Perhaps you may be able to sit outside in the sunshine a bit and enjoy a bit of warmth and light!

Just curious: if you can indeed dye your hair, will it be pink? LOL!

Sending very best wishes your way...

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited October 2013

good morning Teri,

I've been away for a week, visiting my family, so I've just spent an enjoyable time catching up on all the posts here! Chrissy, you looked fantastic - congratulations on your outfit, and the layout for the wedding looks amazing. Glad the day went well.

Teri, coloring your hair sounds like a great idea - I too want to know what color you want to be!! Hope the weather is good and that you do get to sit outside. I'll be thinking of you!

Nicky

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Afternoon Teri! Yup, I'm a little late today as I have slept the day away........I'm fighting a chest infection right now so am energy lacking.........lol. Good to hear that the weather there is lovely enough even with the dew for you to venture outside.

Nicky, thanks for your compliments I'm glad you liked it all.

Talking of 'the event', DD and new SIL are on their honeymoon in Borneo and loving the people and the place. They went to the Orangutan Sanctuary the other day and saw the babies learning to do what big Orangs do. They are orphans and need to learn from humans how to survive as wild Orangs before graduating to an island sanctuary. I don't know about you, but I would love to go there myself.

Obviously there has still been no word on that wayward Deuce........he is such a naughty boy!

Have a good day!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited October 2013

Good morning Teri - I hope that you are still enjoying some good weather. Nothing like a bit of sun on the face to warm the soul. Wishing you a pain free day - sending (hugs) and smiles your way.

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Mornin' Teri!!! How was your night? Comfy and slept well I hope. Mine was restless......this dang cold/fly/chest infection had me waking up coughing what seemed like all night but it wasn't that bad in reality..........it just felt that way.......lol.

I'm betting thing are starting to cool markedly over there as they are starting to heat up over here........today is blowing a gale again and it's coming in from the north which means for me a very hot wind as it comes overland off the desert........I much prefer it to come from the west or south as those winds come over water and are much cooler.

Hope your day is a splendid one and you get a chance to go outside for a breath of fresh air.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri, I hope your weather continues to be pleasant and that you can get outside for a bit. I live in Central New York, and our fall foliage is at peak season . The colors are just beautiful. It is my favorite season.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri, hope you're feeling well. I just wanted to stop in to say hello.

Leah

• patty7
    patty7 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri,

I just love to check in and make sure you are hanging in there. Your stories of your goat truly crack me up! Ya know you can just get a wig for Deuce, hahaha.

I think getting your hair done would be fantastic and make you feel a little better too.

Hugs,

Patty

• Linda-n3
    edited October 2013

Just stopping by to give Teri and everyone a quick "good afternoon" and hope your day has many moments of peace and beauty.

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2013

Just checking to see if we heard from Teri! Love the Deuce stories

Donna

• Linda-n3
    edited October 2013

I think I saw Deuce by the pond ....

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited October 2013

bestbird is right, pink would suite you well!!

I know there are lipstick shaped grey covering hair dyes which wash off, so shouldn't be that harmful.. Can't remember the brand name, though..

Well.. MO permitted I do anything I like with my hair from this point on.. Not actively on oxygen, but do have bileteral pleural effusions & shortness of breath.. You all see my hair, platinum.. As much chemical as one can possibly be exposed to. But one happy woman here.. He he..

Enjoy whatever you like Teri! And of course everyone else..

Hugs

Ebru