Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited October 2013

Afternoon Teri! Yes, I'm a bit of a slacker today.....lol......I slept in.....very late but I'm up now........obviously..........lol.

Hoping your day was restful and full of beauty.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited October 2013

Good pun, Bon! Teri, I hope there are at least a few things that make you smile today. I will be thinking of you.

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited October 2013

Good morning Teri, just dropping by to say hello and sending you big hugs. Xoxoxo Jo

• cmhartley
    cmhartley Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2013

Teri, I've been away for awhile but believe it or not...still thinking and praying for you often! I really hope you are doing well, comfortable and peaceful!

You're in my thoughts,

Katie

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2013

Who's Allison that did the watercolor. It's so beautiful!

I've been sick lately. Headache (migraine), vomiting (because of the headache), trouble breathing, diarrhea, etc. So I haven't been on these boards at all. Sorry.

I'm feeling a little better today so hopefully by next week I'll be back in the goat hunt.

Teri

• Inky
    Inky Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2013

I'm so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better! Happy hunting!!

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    edited October 2013

Teri, I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit low and hope that you rally and perhaps paint a wonderful goat picture to share!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited October 2013

Teri - so sorry that you haven't been feeling well. Glad you are on the mend though. We're always here with lots of hugs, smiles and prayers that can be collected just whenever you are up to it. Peace and comfort to you.

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited October 2013

Teri,

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling sick but relieved to hear that you are feeling better today. I hope each day finds you having as much peace, comfort, support, humor and wonder as possible. Thanks for keeping us updated on how you are. Please know that many of us hold you in our thoughts!

Brenda

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited October 2013

You won't believe it, you absolutely won't believe it! I have a neighbor who has a few goats. I don't know how many he usually has but one of them looks suspiciously like Deuce. Do you think he decided to come to Israel? Should we give him a Hebrew name?

Ya never know with a goat like Deuce.

Leah

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Afternoon Teri! Oh I am so sorry that you have been feeling so unwell........those migraines are just awful! I'm happy to hear though that you are finally feeling much better and that's a good thing.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• iwillwinthisbattle
    iwillwinthisbattle Member Posts: 42
    edited October 2013

Hang in there, Teri!! There are lots of goats who need ahunting!!!

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited October 2013

I was up at Detroit Lake, Oregon and No sign of him! Not a whisker or flick of the tail in Salem either, but he's a smart goat and the apples are better in the Hood River area right Teri? I would stay in the shadow of Hood, at least until the snow hit.

Glad your migraine is over and you feel a little better. Hugs and Metta!

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Mmm just checked the paddocks around my town, Burra South Australia, Australia, loads of sheep but not one goat in sight! I wonder where that Deuce is hiding?

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited October 2013

Well, he's not in Broad Bay, Dunedin, New Zealand. We have lots of sheep on the hills but no roaming goats. But we once had two big billy goats to eat our long grass. they had to go live on another farm when we shifted. They were very friendly but had big horns they liked to rub against our legs. It wasn't a gentle rub either.

Hoping your migraine is passing and you are feeling better.

Moira.

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2013

Teri did not see Deuce on Long Island, NY either. But oh there are so many places he could hide. Will continue looking. I'm so sorry you have been feeling poorly.

Donna

• barsco1963
    edited October 2013

I have checked our property in Paisley, Ontario Canada but no goat sightings to report. Will check the neighbouring farms as there are lots of goats in with the livestock. Maybe Deuce is hanging out with them.

Wishing you a beautiful, headache free, pain free day.

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited October 2013

Teri, I did the watercolor many years ago. Green is my favorite color, and I was playing with monochromatic value paintings. Glad you like it.

No sighting of Deuce in middle Tennessee this week! But there WERE 4 new horses in a field that previously had one horse and one pig, both of which have not been seen for over a year. Also checked with some relatives in Illinois and there was no evidence of Deuce in the state capital.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited October 2013
    Looked for Deuce on my morning walk in Burlington (Ontario)and no sighting so far (I'll keep looking).
    Teri, hope you're feeling better and will soon be looking for Deuce too.
  • stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited October 2013

Noone is considering he needed an overseas visit to Turkiye.. :) I'll have a look around too..

Terri, glad you are doing better..relatively?! Hugs honey,

Ebru

• Capriness
    edited October 2013

OMG! If anyone can make a person feel better it's you guys! I'm loving the world-wide Deuce hunt. I'm trying to find a picture of him but I've got thousands of pics on my computer and a couple years ago they all got mixed up so they're not in their correct folders. I found a baby picture but I thought a grown-up picture would be better. After all, if you're all looking for him around the world, you need a current photo, right?

I still have the migraine this morning but it's a little better. Thanks to all of you for your sweet thoughts.

Teri

• Capriness
    edited October 2013

Linda-n3, I found watercolor to be the most difficult medium to work in. Your painting is so beautiful. I started out with watercolor and immediately switched to oils and acrylics. Now that I'm on oxygen I can no longer use oils because of the fumes. So I recently got out my watercolor stuff and got it all ready but haven't had the nerve to put brush to paper yet.

Maybe I'll try to paint a picture of Deuce from memory. In watercolor. Right. I don't think so.

Teri :)

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited October 2013

Teri, I've been lurking and enjoying Deuce's story emerge on this thread. This seems to be the best place to jump in and add my little bit. We live in California in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Recently some neighbors starting raising llamas. They bring us all such joy watching the little ones frolicking across the fields. I think of you and how much joy you must have received from your goats. So glad you have your memories and the continuing saga of Deuce.

I'm so sorry you still have a migraine. Please take care of yourself. J

• superfoob
    superfoob Member Posts: 121
    edited October 2013

I just did a search...no Duece sightings in Long Beach, CA.

Just a pigeon hanging out on our front porch. I told my hub not to feed him! Hee!

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

morning Teri! Oh yes, I'm up early........amazing! No Deuce here again this morning.......he's such a naughty boy!..........and boy! Don't we just love him!

Hoping that migraine lifts soon Teri and you feel a bit more like putting that brush to paper.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Inky
    Inky Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2013

I just checked out Central Park. I figured that Deuce would be hanging out in Sheep Meadow or in the children's petting zoo, but no such luck!

I still plan to scour the streets of Manhattan. Perhaps, like a typical tourist, he's checking out Times Square. Maybe right at this moment he is staring plaintively at the Naked Cowboy.

The hunt continues!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited October 2013

Reporting from sunny Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area...no Deuce sightings, though one company is renting out goats to mow lawns.

Caryn

• barsco1963
    edited October 2013

Oooooo Caryn - I am so glad that young Deuce hasn't fallen prey to the goat rental company. I don't think he would like it at all. And he would likely have to give up his own truck!

Migraine - Be gone!! (just a little hocus pocus for you Teri - trying to help get rid of that nasty headache for you)

• Jac53
    Jac53 Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2013

Congratulations Chrissy.

• Capriness
    edited October 2013

Oh, my! I never even thought about goat trafficking! Poor Deuce-Goat. Now I really must raise the bar on this hunt. But I'm so fatigued.

All your help is sure appreciated. Especially the overseas work. It's just too hard to track his truck's tire tracks across the pond. And when he heads down under, well that's a whole different story there! I'm surprised he doesn't get a flat tire driving on the Great Barrier Reef. It looks sharp. And I wonder if sharks like goat meat? Oh, now I'm just freaking myself out.

I'll work on a picture so we can get it posted all over. Kind of like the traveling pants, you know?

No migraine in sight this morning, by the way. Thanks to you all!

Teri