Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited November 2013

Morning Teri,

Maybe Ingrid is right , we should be checking up trees. I'm guessing Deuce must be happy roaming on his own in the yard.

Loved your pictures of the baby goats. Our goats grew into big boys and boy did they get hard to handle. We could put leads on them and shift them around for getting new grass but they were really strong, even my dh looked like he was being dragged around by two big bad boys. The did love their cuddles still.

Moira

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited November 2013

Ingrid - the videos are terrific. Was hilarious watching the goats jump out of the tree! Maybe Deuce is hanging out in the trees with some new found friends.

Teri - wishing you a restful evening. Sweet dreams......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited November 2013

Evening Teri!! I finally got home again after celebrating GS 16th birthday in the city yesterday (18th)......I am exhausted!

Today was busy also as I had to pick up my Pictures from the framer and deliver them to the gallery........so now I just sit back and wait and see if others like my work........lol.

That cuppa and cookies sounds like the go, mind if I join in?

Hope you night has been a restful one.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited November 2013

Aw to the sweet baby goats, LOVE them, Teri!!!! Someone on the thread asked about the desert animals here eating dry bushes, etc - I saw a camel chow down on a bush that looked dead to me, so not sure.... I don't know how these animals survive here, it looks like the surface of the moon (and feels like the surface of the sun!) Many locals put out water which helps and it has been raining here this week. Water here is free thanks to the government, but it's desalinated - so brings along other issues like kidney stones and trashing the whites in your laundry...a story for another day! Ah the military life!

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited November 2013

Inky, I loved the videos! I wonder just how those goats got up into that tree to begin with!!!

Teri, I hope you had a comfortable night and that you find a couple of things to laugh at today. Certainly those goats jumping out of the tree gave me a belly laugh!

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited November 2013

good morning to you, Teri! Just having a little coffee and wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. I hope you find a little something that makes you happy today!

• DC197
    DC197 Member Posts: 58
    edited November 2013

I saw this on Facebook, and immediately thought of you, Teri!

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Afternoon Teri!!! Hope you've had a restful low pain day............they are my wishes for everyday.

DC Love the goat!........I did see that on FB as well but was a bit slow at putting 2 and 2 together to come up with goat=Teri........lol. Guess my mind was else where.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited November 2013

All you "Deuce Detectives" out there are not going to believe this. My friend Richard came over last night and said that they chose his property to film part of a major movie on. The movie is called "Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail" and stars Reese Witherspoon. It's a true story based on the life of Cheryl Strayed who had, among other things, just lost her mother to BC 4 years before. Here's a link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2472174/Reese-Witherspoon-goes-Wild-new-film.html

It will be out later this year. The part that was filmed on his property is when she (Reese/Strayed) is crossing from California into Oregon. They needed a downward sloping pasture with some cows in it and Richard had the perfect pasture for them to use. He said one of their producers spotted it while driving by one day when they had been filming another scene nearby.

Anyway, when the movie comes out we all need to watch it, especially the scene when she's crossing from CA into OR, and see if we can catch any glimpses of Deuce. The pasture is surrounded by trees so he could be hiding in the trees trying to get his 15 minutes of fame. Who knows?

Good luck to you all in spotting that darn goat and I hope you're all having a low or pain free day today!

Teri

• Linda-n3
    edited November 2013

WOW, Teri!!!! That is awesome! We must watch carefully - that Deuce is becoming the world's expert recluse!

I thought of Deuce and you today while I was attending a "green smoothies" workshop. They were so delicious, and I was thinking that many of the ingredients would be the preferred food of that wandering goat - greens like kale, spinach, etc. Blended with water, pineapple, banana, and some other fruit that I cannot remember, and it was so refreshing - you could not tell there was spinach in it!!! Tasted very tropical fruity! And another was made with spinach, cherries, cocao powder (could also use cocoa powder), cinnamon, and banana. Very chocolaty, and looked like a chocolate drink - not green at all. I am thinking if I served these in a punch bowl and didn't tell my family what was in them, they would think they were some of the best fruit punches! Not a lot of protein, but lots of veggies, fruits, antioxidants, and all those other nutrients! Which is probably why goats seem so lively - they get such a diverse diet it just HAS to give them high energy!

How is that book coming? Are you up to doing any art? Gentle hugs, hope you are having more good moments than bad.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited November 2013

Teri,

Oh-my-gosh! I knew Deuce-goat would be a star!!!! Your posts always make me so happy... and it's nice to see you posting so often too:) Now I can't wait for the movie, and Deuce's debut! The world works in mysterious ways, doesn't it?

xo

Rose.

• aaoaao
    aaoaao Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

That Deuce is smarter than all of us. He's just hanging out waiting for his brush with fame. It would be hilarious if he just wandered into the scene while it was being filmed.

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2013

Our Star DUECE!

Donna

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited November 2013

Oh that Deuce!  Isn't he the smart boy - can't wait to see the movie.

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

OMG!!! Deuce.....a movie star!!!! OMG!!!!! (I've gone all star struck here). Will be waiting with bated breath for the movie to come out!

Hope your day has been splendid!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited November 2013

good morning Teri,

Sorry i haven't been back for a while. I went to Dublin to visit my family (definitely no goats there, brown or otherwise!) and then hit the ground running with appointments when I arrived home.

It's really getting cold here, -3 degrees this morning, so I think I'll be staying in beside the fire!

Hope you have a good day, I'll be thinking of you.

Nicky

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited November 2013

good morning Teri,

Sorry i haven't been back for a while. I went to Dublin to visit my family (definitely no goats there, brown or otherwise!) and then hit the ground running with appointments when I arrived home.

It's really getting cold here, -3 degrees this morning, so I think I'll be staying in beside the fire!

Hope you have a good day, I'll be thinking of you.

Nicky

• JimmieBell
    JimmieBell Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2013

I will spend the whole movie expecting a Duece photobomb. Fun!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited November 2013

How exciting to know that Deuce may become a star. We can all say "We knew him (well knew of him) when........" Can't wait to see the movie and keep my eyes peeled for a sighting.

Hope today brings you sunshine, happiness and calm Teri.

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited November 2013

Deuce photobomb.....cool! Hope you are enjoying your morning, Teri. It finally rained last night, here on the southern coast of California. I think most of us thought it never would rain again. It's a nice morning to stay in my flannel pjs and slippers and have a cup of coffee! Hope you are doing the same!

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2013

I will definitely be sure to see the movie! I would be thrilled to see a certain goat skipping his way through a pasture from Oregon to California! Amazing! Hope all is ok Teri. Thinking of you.

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Afternoon Teri!!! Hope you are having a comfortable night! Just checking.....

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited November 2013

He he, I am picturing Deuce with his hair slicked back, leaning on a tree, posing for the camera!

Thanks for that info Teri, a movie to watch out for

Dawn. Xx

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited November 2013

Teri,

The baby goat pictures are just sooo cute. Thank you. I hope you are doing exactly what you need to and want to and are pain free. Cold rainy AM here in Boston, cup of coffee and reading posts. Perfect despite the weather!

Be well

nel

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited November 2013

Looking out my window this morning, the colors range from subtle to luminescent...leaves on the ground, leaves clinging to the trees, rain adding sparkles and splashes here and there, the sky very heavy. Looks like a watercolor kind of day. Well, if I can't paint, I can appreciate.

Thinking of you, Teri, and hoping you are having a good enough day, whatever weather is visiting your little nook in the world.

• Linda-n3
    edited November 2013

Nothing real exciting to add today, but dropping by to send well wishes to Teri, Deuce, and all the rest of the crew. Gray and drizzly here, but not cold - perfect for having a cup of tea and watching the last of fall's colors contrast with the gray sky.

• naturelover
    naturelover Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2013

I so enjoy hearing about Deuce's excursions (where he might be, that is) on this board! I also enjoy hearing about the weather in other parts of the world!! Some of us drink tea while others drink coffee or cocoa on a cold morning! We all seem to enjoy spending time in our homes on these cold mornings!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful, blessed day!! It's nice and pleasant near the east coast in North Carolina!! It's supposed to get cold again this weekend though!! BRRRR!!!

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Afternoon Teri!!! The weather has turned very cool here today, a good day for sitting, creating and letting the imagination run free...........just like our friend Deuce. That boy will one day realize that no goat is an island and he does need the comfort of the herd.

Hoping your day is a pleasant one and your night a restful one.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2013

Hi Terry

From beautiful frosty UK. The autumn (fall) is so beautiful this year. Still no sign of Deuce, but now I know why he plans on becoming more famous than he already is lol.

Take care hugs Mara. X

• SusanR
    SusanR Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2013

Good afternoon Terri from partly sunny but very chilly Illinois. I haven't posted on your thread but have loved following along. I hope you're having a peaceful day. I can't wait for the movie!

Warm hugs and much love,

SusanR