Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited November 2013

Having had horses myself, I can completely understand the reaction from Forrest. What a lovely gift Teri.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited November 2013

Teri,

Forrest is not your "ex-horse." He is yours, always and forever! Like Deuce! 

I loved every minute of my Thanksgiving... just being with the people I love, and enjoying the absolutely beautiful California weather we're having. We had dinner outside:)

Wishing you a nice weekend...

Rose.

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited November 2013

What a sweet person! This rescue woman sounds like a wonderful person to care for Forest. To think of making a phone call on your first holiday, and then to actually follow through, is just so considerate. So glad that you were surrounded by family. Your brother sounds like a total hoot!

*susan*

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2013

Hi Teri,

How neat that they called so that you could talk to Forrest - I agree with Susan - what a wonderful, thoughtful thing to do and to tell you how he reacted. I was so "mushed" (as my boys used to say) reading about it and picturing him - I can just imagine how it must have made your heart so full - both to know he still knows you and was reaching out to you, and to know what a loving, caring home he has now that they would take the time to do that. I'm glad to hear he's integrated in with the herd and even has a girlfriend! Good for him!

I'm glad to know you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family too and hope everyone else did as well.

Hugs, Amy

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited November 2013

I am a little late wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, and am especially happy to hear of the Forrest/Teri conversation!

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I hosted my family dinner, had my mom, 4 siblings, all but one of the spouses, and 9 of the nieces and nephews. It was a full house, full of love and laughter. On Friday, the men folk put in a new fan/light fixture, moved another one, moved my dining room furniture into a room that had been mostly useless space, and created an office/library for me in the "old" dining room. Now kitchen and dining room are open together, with a fireplace, and my new little office is very inviting so that I might even get my paperwork caught up!!!! The younger sister and the kids went outside and trimmed all my bushes, roses, planted mums, and hauled away the debris. And a couple of the guys hung curtain rods for new curtains in 2 rooms. I have so much to be thankful for! They were wonderful and fun, and I fed them Indian food for supper after they had consumed all the turkey leftovers for lunch. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to host this family get-together while I am feeling relatively good. And now I am exhausted and can sleep for the next 2 days!

Hope everyone had as much love over this holiday as I did! And thank you to all the well wishes from across the ponds!

• JimmieBell
    JimmieBell Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2013

We spend the day at my brother's house but I bring half the food. The funniest part of my Thanksgiving was that we left without a brother in law that was supposed to ride with us. My husband and I and our 19y/o son totally forgot him and would not have noticed without a call from my brother.

The phone rang and we all looked at each other and said, "Where's Randy?" Then, "OMG, we forgot Randy!"

Had to do a Uie and drive back 5 miles to get him. Lucky he's a good sport!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited December 2013

hi ya Teri!!! What a perfect Thanksgiving gift for you! I know you loved hearing from Forest just as I'm sure he loved hearing for you. I'm so glad to hear that he has settled in with the herd and has a girlfriend........that is so cute!!

Thursday for me was spent travelling to Adelaide and preparing for my weekend away in Sydney........I am now sitting in the airport waiting for my return flight home and I am exhausted! Looking forward to some quiet time with my family before heading home to my DH tomorrow.

So glad your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

Hoping you are pain free and resting well.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• AmyQ
    edited December 2013

Oh man, I tried to take a photo but the sun was shining directly into my eyes but I saw a tourist bus in Las Vegas and the banner on the front said "Deuce" - I so wanted to snap that photo and say I located him...in Las Vegas of all places.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited December 2013

lol Amy - Seems fitting that Deuce may be in Vegas. He does seem to like to adventure and the excitement of a good gamble.

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited December 2013

wow, lots going on here in the few days I was gone! I loved the phone call with Forrest, Teri. So glad you got to talk to him a bit. Congratulations on your sales, Chrissy! I had no idea that you too were an artist. So many artists around here! What a talented group. I bet Deuce is off somewhere painting a "farmscape" . Hope you are feeling ok, Teri.

• AmyQ
    edited December 2013

after seeing my second "Deuce" bus I decided they must be looking for him as we'll. so happy to know how many people care Smile

• naturelover
    naturelover Member Posts: 71
    edited December 2013

Hi Teri and All,

I was thrilled to hear that you got to talk with Forrest!!! I know you will never forget that call!!

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!! I have really enjoyed everyone's stories! I'm a little late but wanted to share mine.

We had just enough food. I didn't overdo as I usually do and maybe that's why I wasn't as tired and really enjoyed my family more. The most fun we had was sitting in front of the fire--our first real fire in years. We used to have gas logs but this year we wanted to smell the wood burning and just enjoy the warmth of a real fire! Nobody really wanted to leave it.

Well, what happened after everyone left was really the most exciting! We had an uninvited visitor--a bird! My 89-yr-old-mother screamed when she saw it and after that scream I ran to the front door and opened it hoping it would fly out. I forgot that the alarm was on so the security company called to check on us. They decided that we needed help to get the bird out of the house and sent a policeman. He checked out the house and when he couldn't find it he assumed that it had flown out. We slept well that night thinking the bird was gone.

Saturday morning my mother saw it again on the hearth--it was a chimney sweep--and had to kill it because she was there alone. I can't imagine that it was in the house that long and we didn't see it again.

I really enjoy hearing about Deuce and his ramblings!!

Goodnight to you Teri and the rest of you on this site!!

Judy

• chrissyb
    edited December 2013

Afternoon Teri!

Well I'm finally home in my own house after a wonderful weekend spent in Sydney with the Aussie girls........such fun and so much laughter was had by all to the point I have very little voice at the moment.......lol......I guess that means I have to be quiet for a while......now that is really hard to do.

I scoured the Sydney streets and parks as we walked hoping that I would get a glimpse of our wandering Deuce........not luck, not even a hint that he had been there........sigh.........I guess there will be another sighting soon, somewhere in the world.

Hoping you are comfortable and have many things to keep you occupied.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2013

Hi Teri,

Loved hearing about your call with Forest! That was so special, very sweet of the rescue woman. I enjoyed my Thanksgiving with my family, my daughter was able to come home for a few days. I always love seeing her and just hanging out. I hope you are comfortable and enjoying visits from friends and family

Michele

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited December 2013

Goats in Italy!

http://www.viralnova.com/hidden-dam/

*susan*

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited December 2013

Nature lover - that made me really sad that she "had" to kill the chimney sweep. It didn't know how to get out of her house or it would have. If anyone else wants to share a story like this, please leave that part off. I feel I get enough death already on this website.

Please don't think I'm mad at you or anything. Just different ways of looking at things I guess. You might hunt and I have nothing against hunters but I can't do it myself.

Anyway, I hope everyone's having a low SE day.

Teri

• Joysley
    Joysley Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2013

On my way home today from my treatment (I drive 35 miles, one-way) I saw three goats by the interstate nibbling on a low tree branch. Someone had posted on FB that they saw three goats on that stretch of interstate last week. I can't imagine that they are still there from a week ago. Maybe some farmer has trouble keeping them put up. I sure hope they stay on their side away from traffic.

• naturelover
    naturelover Member Posts: 71
    edited December 2013

Teri, I would never have said that to hurt you. At my mother's age, there are times when she doesn't think the way she used to and I guess that's just how she's thinking. I won't post anymore on here because I am with you--I can't kill anything--my mother lives with me and I just wasn't home that morning, unfortunately.

I understand though; I really do. Again, I didn't think about how it sounded but should have!

Take care and have a good night!

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited December 2013

You know it's really cold here in Oregon. We had a squirrel try and pull off our weather beaten prayer flags and take off over the roof with it up the oak trees to their nests! That's happened more then once! So funny to see the prayer flags all bunched up in their mouths while they rip it off the line! Impermanence in action!

Then the other morning there were all these birds lined up along our brick wall waiting to drink from this funny bubbling fish fountain we have in our Buddha garden. It doesn't freeze and makes noise to attract birds. Anyway there were towhees, a Robin and a Thrush altogether waiting to drink. There were a few Chickadees and a Junko watching from the vine maple. I have never seen large birds waiting like that to take a drink! There were a couple of wing bats if some one drank to long! It was hilarious but our other bird bath was frozen solid and the pond was solid too. Amazing all our gold fish/koi live after being iced every winter but they thaw out and grow. Stay warm everyone. No goat sightings Teri. May we all be well!

• chrissyb
    edited December 2013

Afternoon Teri! Today is a rest day.......the temperature has dropped twenty degrees and it's lovely and cool. I'm trying to decide what project to do next........crochet? knitting? sewing? photo editing?.........so many things to do that I can't make up my mind......lol. Never mind, something will give me a nudge in the direction I need to go in soon, it usually does.......until then I'll just relax and enjoy the quite.

Hoping you are doing all the things you love and are still able to do........and doing them with as little pain as possible.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• AmyQ
    edited December 2013

Before I go home Thursday I am going to get a photo of all the buses that say DEUCE - it really cracks me up!!!

• Linda-n3
    edited December 2013

Teri, I have seen your work on your web site, have you done any more recently? It takes so much energy to create art!!!! Chrissy, I have not seen your work, would love to. Have you posted it anywhere?

I spent today in an abstract painting class, and I am sharing a painting I did a couple weeks ago. Did not finish the one from today yet. I am EXHAUSTED!!!! Abstract is very hard work!!!! I have never done it before, and find it challenging, much more so than watercolors! Anyway, here is a landscape-inspired abstract, hope you enjoy. I DID check the photo to make sure Deuce wasn't hiding in the brush, not there.

• starbrightlyshines
    starbrightlyshines Member Posts: 73
    edited December 2013

I love it Linda! I so wish we lived some where I clould take art classes! I have my easel set up in my dining room....I just cant make myself get anything started.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited December 2013

Teri, Linda, and all of you talented artists are very cool!:) I love art, I just can't create it!

Thinking of you, Teri, and sending love up to Oregon. We were frozen in No. Cal. this morning. Ice on the windshield! Winter's here!

xo

Rose.

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited December 2013

lol Bon! I am in sunny Southern California but we are having a real cold snap right now. The weather TV people kept telling us yesterday that we were colder than New York City! I don't get out as often as I would like but on every ride to the onc's office I keep my eye out for Himself, the wily Deuce!

Thinking of you, Teri. Hope you are feeling okay.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited December 2013

Cold snap here on Northern CA too. I may even have to wear socks,which I hate! Looking forward to see a possible dusting of snow on some of the higher peaks, but don't miss living in it.

Teri,

Hoping you're enjoying early winter. I always think of winter as a quiet season.

Caryn

• chrissyb
    edited December 2013

Afternoon Teri!!!! I have had a really busy few days as my family arrived to celebrate both my birthday and my ten year cancerversary! There have been many dinners out and much laughter shared.

How are you feeling my dear friend? Hope your cold weather is not getting you down. I know your artist eye will appreciate the beauty of it all.

Hoping you are comfortable and pain free.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Linda-n3
    edited December 2013

Teri, stopping by to say hello. It has been cool, gray, rainy here, kind of boring and depressing, but we are getting holiday decorations out today. For the last 3 years, I keep putting out less because I just don't have the energy to put it out and then have to put it away again, but it is still important for me to have some splashes of color throughout the house to usher the season in. I truly prefer the autumn color schemes, but as long as there is some bright contrasts, I am happy.

Hoping you have a day of minimal pain and sadness. Know that you are loved around the world!

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2013

Hi Teri

Just a quick hello from the sunny UK its still very autumny here the trees still have their leaves lots of lovely colours. It was lovely to hear about your lovely phone call with Forest what a wonderful idea.

Mara x

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited December 2013

You know, I really love you all so much. There is no way my spirits can be down when I read your comments. You just make me smile and you fill my heart with warmth!

I have not been feeling well lately but my hospice nurse comes today. She cleared up one infection I had in my lungs making it a little easier to breathe but now I just feel worn out. Could be left over from the antibiotics. I hope that's all it is. I keep wondering what "the end" is going to feel like. Do you guys all wonder that too or am I just morbid? Lol.

I hope you all are feeling good today. Try to stay warm (Except those in Miami!). It's currently 16 degrees farenheit here. My well froze yesterday but I got it unfrozen with my hair dryer. That was way cheaper than a plumber.

Talk to you later. My nurse is here.

Teri