Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited November 2013

Hi Teri,

Wasn't today just beautiful? A perfect November sunny day, crisp and cool, bright blue sky and so clear! Wish we had the time to go up to Hood River and eat their honey crisp apples.. best ever. Our border collie is just invigorated by this kind of weather. She carries her blue floppy Frisbee everywhere.. funny.

Wishing you pain free days, a goat sighting or 2 and sound dreamy sleep. I looked up our HMO and alas it appears I can't sign up for a palliative care MD. Yours sounds just super. Nice he could advocate for you straight through. lucky you. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Sleep well. Hugs. Cindi

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited November 2013

Afternoon Teri!!

Wow your weather sounds spectacular! Love those cold crisp days! Today here has been just glorious.......warm sun with a gentle breeze and a clear azure blue sky.......perfect! I went to the Gallery opening of the photographic exhibition and got the surprise of my life! I was asked to sign one of my photographs as it had just been sold! Amazing!!!

I tool a good look of all the photographs on show just in case Deuce had done a photo bomb......well you never know, he could pop up anywhere!

Hope you are doing what makes you happy and it is all pain free.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Australia
    Australia Member Posts: 128
    edited November 2013

what beautiful babies Teri. When I was married we lived on a couple of acres and we went o a children's farm for a football club event and lo and behold here is this little white goat ( not beautiful like yours) and she was on sale for $10, so of course we just had to have her lol! So home we go with Esmeralda in the back sat of the car. We had no idea of goats and tied her on a long lightweight chain and she would always seem to manage to get to our new trees and eat them. We thought she would eat all the scrub in one area of the block, but no she never touched that, only wanted my trees and plants. I would let her off the chain and she would run round and round the house a million miles an hour and would jump up on the table , and the cars if they weren't garaged! Then I started to notice she was getting fatter and eventually mucus coming from her bottom, and realized she was pregnant, we were so naive! We spent heaps on building a hut and fencing to keep her off the chain, but she would just either crash through or jump over so we had to put her back on the chain and I came home from work one day and she had born 3 beautiful kids and I never got over feeling so sorry she had to go through birth chained up. We eventually gave 2 of the kids to friends on properties and when my marriage broke up I sadly had to find a home for Esmeralda and her kid. They are the most expressive and funny animals out, I loved them so much.

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited November 2013

Chrissy, congrats on selling one of your pieces! I used to love it. This is the first year I can't do the annual Christmas show. My best friend is still going to do it but she's going to charge me a commission of 30% on anything of mine that sells because she "had to do all the work." It kind of makes me angry. I would have helped with the work if I could. Well, at least she's showing my stuff. I should be grateful for that. And I am.

But really. I'm so proud of you, Chrissy. Keep selling away, my dear! It's awesome that you sold one. Do you have an online gallery I could look at to see more of your work? I loved the ones you posted here.

Hope you, and everybody else on this forum, are having a great day with no pain or other problems.

Teri

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited November 2013

Hi Teri - hope your day was a good one. I was away for the weekend at my sisters. Also was able to meet up with a bco sister - was a terrific time. We got a blast of old man winter this weekend - lots of snow and very cccccold! So glad to come home to the wood fire burning - such an inviting cozy heat. May you have a peaceful, painfree sleep - sweet dreams.

Did I miss something with Chrissy's photos? I didn't see them posted, but others seem to have seen them.

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Afternoon Teri!!! I think I was just too darn excited to sleep last night so ended up going to bed this morning for a couple of hours shut eye.......hate it when that happens. I should know and then take a pill but often leave it too late........grrrrrr!!!!!!

Anyway, hope your day has been one of beauty as you watch the winter begin to unfold.......do you get a lot of snow in your area? I know some feel like it is a real pain but from someone who never gets to see it, it just look stunning!!

I am getting organized for the Aussie girls get together at the end of the week and excitement is running high on that score......lol. Tomorrow will begin the prep as in getting nails done and shopping to make sure DH has enough easy stuff to feed himself with while I am away. Wednesday is cleaning and packing day before i head for the city on Thursday where I will get my hair done and spend some time with the grands before SIL drops me off at the airport on Friday morning..........Oh yeah, sure am looking forward to this!

Barsco they are posted on a couple of threads one being the Aussie girls so if you want to have a look, they are there. The excitement is that I have those four in an exhibition which opened officially yesterday and I sold one already! Yeah, I'm pretty chuffed about that.

Sleep well dear Teri. (Oh, I will post some pics to my FB page if you would like to see them, I'll let you know when they are there.)

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited November 2013

Well done Chrissy! That's great news! What was the subject of the photo?

Its early morning here, just got my 2 ds's out the door for the bus to school. I'm going to sit and relax with a cup of tea first, then I think a bit of gentle gardening is in order! It looks like it's going to be a cold, crisp autumn day - my favourite kind!

Hope you have a good day Teri, I'm thinking of you!

Nicky

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Nicky they are all landscape.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited November 2013

Good Evening or should I say morning Teri, as I sit in my hot tub trying to sooth my aching bones. It's 12:24 AM and I've been reading all the supportive and funny posts about your beloved Deuce! I believe animals and especially our pets are family and friends who have passed before us and therefore I hope one day to be just like Deuce. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Amy

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Hi ya Teri!!! Oh yeah, summer has arrived!!!.....yuk!!!!!! I so much prefer the cooler weather....sigh! Busy day here yesterday.......it's 12.55am right now........had to go over to the next town to do my grocery shopping and fill the refrigerator ready for DH to be looking after himself for three nights while I'm away first in Adelaide and then in Sydney. One more day to go for me to get packed and prepared.......can't wait to catch up with a lot of the Aussie girls from BCO......it should be a lot of fun......I can guarantee that there will be a lot of talking going on.......lol.

Hope your coming weekend has something for you to look forward to and your weather is as you like it.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• barsco1963
    edited November 2013

Good morning Teri - sure hope all is as well as can be expected with you. Wishing you smiles, sunshine and happiness. Any sightings of Deuce to report?

We got a dumping of snow in the past couple of days and the chickens weren't quite sure what to think about it. They finally got up the courage to venture out today. I may have to make them some little booties so their feet don't freeze - lol

Chrissy - your photos are terrific! Which one did you sell?

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Barsco I have sold two now, one of the hill and the other the blue/green one.

• barsco1963
    edited November 2013

chrissyb - LIKE! ThumbsUp Congrats!

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2013

Hi Teri,

I hope you're having a good day. Sending smiles and light and a hug your way. It's been cold and snowy here lately. Definitely the kind of weather to curl up inside with a cup of tea. I hope your artwork does well at the Christmas show. When is it?

Chrissy - Congratulations on selling two pieces! So many artists around here. : )

Hugs to all, Amy

• Capriness
    edited November 2013

The Christmas show is this weekend (after Thanksgiving) and the following weekend. They are both 3-day weekends: Fri to Sun. I'm not sure if she's going to have any of my originals there but she'll have prints and greeting cards that we made of the originals. So thanks for the good wishes. Chrissy knows how it feels. I congratulate you, Chrissy, on selling another one! That blue/green one was my favorite.

Hope everyone is having a low or no pain day today. If I don't talk to my fellow United States-ians again before Thursday, Happy Thanksgiving!

Teri

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Afternoon Teri! Here's hoping that your works do well at both shows!

I'm madly getting organised for my trip to Sydney for the get together......it's all happening!.....lol.

Teri, I like them all but like you, there is just something about the blue/green one that also makes it my favourite........I get lost in it color and composition.

Hope your day is pain free and that you are comfortable.

If for some reason I don't get on the computer tomorrow I would like to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2013

Hi Terry Happy thanksgiving and good luck at the Christmas Show.

Congratulations chrissy on your sales.

Mara x

• barsco1963
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Terri. Wishing you love, happiness and a day full of great things.

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited November 2013

I think I'm going to have to pick up a paintbrush soon! Hope your day is warm and toady, and full of love Teri! Happy Thanksgiving to all you wonderful ladies!

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited November 2013

Teri,

A holiday filled with peace and comfort. And hope your items do well at the show.

Nel

• naturelover
    naturelover Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you wonderful people on this forum and on the site!!!!

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Terri - sending hugs, S.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Teri. Thinking of you today...and everyday!

Amy

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!!!

I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to Sydney and the Aussie girls get together ..........have a wonderful day all!!!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends.

It's lovely to hear the joy ringing in your posts for this day. One day to truly focus on those things that matter the most, family, friends, those you love and all that can be so good in our lives.

Hope you are having lovely day too Teri. Acknowledging in whatever way is yours. Bet there are lots of different ways that families have built up traditions of for this day. Each special to that family in whatever shape that family comes in.

Peace and blessings to you all. Especially you Teri.

Moira

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited November 2013

Happy Turkey Day, Teri! Thinking of you and Deuce today!

xo

Rose.

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited November 2013

Happy thanksgiving day Teri! Hoping for great sales at your show, xoxox Jo

• barsco1963
    edited November 2013

Teri - I just finished watching some Carol Burnett clips on PBS. If you need a good laugh, I would recommend watching some old Carol Burnett shows. She still cracks me up! Sweet dreams tonight.

• Capriness
    edited November 2013

Thought you all might like to hear about my Thanksgiving gift from Forrest, my ex-horse. The women at the rescue in Napa Valley called me and said they had brought the telephone out to Forrest. They told me to tell him hello. Well, everything I said to him made him perk his ears forward and touch the phone with his lips! He remembered my voice! They had me say stuff over and over and he did it every time! It was a very emotional phone call and I wished it had lasted forever. They also told me he was in with the full herd now and he has a permanent girl friend. He's doing better than I am!

That was my happiest Thanksgiving memory (besides eating turkey with my granddaughter and other loved ones)!

I'd love to hear your favorite moments, too. Anyone? Deuce?

Teri

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited November 2013

Terry, I've been wondering how Forrest has been doing. Your post is so timely. The phone call 'from' Forrest certainly indicates what a wonderful place he's at. It must have nearly broken your heart but given you reassurance at the same time. It's not like home but sounds like a pretty darn good place! Wishing you a special day. It sounds like it already is.